The plot of every arc is that one of Ichigo's friends is kidnapped and he goes off to rescue them (Orihime, Rukia...

>the plot of every arc is that one of Ichigo's friends is kidnapped and he goes off to rescue them (Orihime, Rukia, Ishida and even Chad all got a turn) because Ichigos one character trait is that "he kinda likes his friends"
>arcs mainly consist of characters no one gives a shit about fighting other newly introduced characters no one gives a shit about with zero consequences
>no new characters anyone gives a shit about appear after chapter 200
>none of the existing characters develop more than one character or personality trait
>final villain, over a 200+ chapter arc, has absolutely no motivation

Kubo is a hack, he ran out of ideas 500 chapters ago

>Get's Kubo'd
Are you new reading bleach, user?

It's only fair to reserve judgement until its all over

His one character trait isn't even that he kinda likes his friends. His character trait is "being strong enough to protect x" where x could literally be fucking anything.

You should have realized this during fullbring, fampai.

I disliked Ichigo because he had no real dreams or ambitions. Protecting things is the most basic protag motivation ever. He was dragged around by the plot and added to why reading the series felt pointless and unsatisfying to me.

At least he got a hot wife and a kid in the end, that's something.

The final arc felt like one of those filler arcs in the anime

>he had no real dreams or ambitions
Well, this wouldn't be so bad if he didn't become so boring.

>Grand Fisher was at one point a major villain
>Ichigo fails killing him but he makes a big deal about how until he kills him he can't face his mother again when he dies
>Isshin kills him instead of having an epic arc where Ichigo either kills or forgives Grand Fisher
KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

More like his one trait is that without weilding a sword his life is pointless and boring
But Kubo never explpores this of course

see

He turned from shit-talking motherfucker with a good heart to a fucking naruto-clone "muh monster inside me" wussy

Also I'm still mad that Isshin killed Grand Fisher...that should have been Ichigo's arc

He did, actually. Just very briefly post-Aizen: it was made kind of clear that not having powers was going to turn him into a basketcase. Grimmjow also mentioned that it seemed like Ichigo was there to beat a rival more than to save a friend.

>Tier Harribel is still chained up in some dungeon because she is one of the many loose ends he didn't finish.

>fucking naruto-clone
nah, he wasn't even that

Naruto had the typical shounen mc personality and various motivations

We also have no idea how Grimmjaw was still alive

He gave even less of a fuck than usual during that left year when he was notified his time was up

>Guess I'll just hang here for all of eternity...

I'm certain that someone at least had the decency to install a ticket booth.

Probably died at some point during the chaos

>Kubo is a hack, he ran out of ideas 500 chapters ago
Which is around the time you should have stopped following shounen garbage like Bleach, user-kun.

Her case upsets me the most because it looks like it was going to lead up to something significant. At least with the pairing wars both girls ended up happy but Harribel is just screwed like this.

I'm re-reading it now, and even from the start Ichigo is so bland. He needed a motivator that would give him some edge, even if it was as simple as "I want to prove them all wrong".

Which could have totally worked - he studied hard so he wouldn't get flak from the teachers because everyone thinks he's a punk, so let's extrapolate on that. Give him a scene where he admits that he's somewhat of an outcast (due to seeing ghosts, unusual parental situation, weird hair, violent personality) but and with the Shinigami he's finally found something he can excel at and receive recognition for.

>of an outcast (due to seeing ghosts, unusual parental situation, weird hair, violent personality)
So make him Yusuke?

The funny thing being that everyone expected her to be dead for years.

just as Bleach is a poor man's YYH, Ichigo is a poor man's Yusuke. Borrowing more certainly couldn't hurt.

>good opening arc
>GOAT second arc
that's where the similarities start and end