So it's obvious that nothing from the summer is gonna be able to take Re:Zero's current AOTY title

So it's obvious that nothing from the summer is gonna be able to take Re:Zero's current AOTY title.

Is there any potential next season or the winter, or should we just crown Re:Zero already?

Love Live Sunshine stomps this garbage.

So it's obvious that nobody this summer is gonna be able to take OP's current Faggot of the Year title.

I have hopes for Keijo and Nazotokine.
Girlish Number and Shuumatsu no Izetta seem promising as well.

The competition for Re:Zero is Sangatsu no Raion, though.
Isn't that even done by Shaft?

>2045 - 66 + (76 / 2) - 1
>stilll unironically watching and enjoying generic manufactured idolshit

I skipped ReMeme purely because everyone hyped it up so much. Is it truly AOTY? Be honest.

>responding to bait

No, it's garbage.

>image.jpg
>streaming
>Re:zero thread
>thinks the next winter season is part of 2016
>thinks Re:zero is AOTY
Cancer

>Hey guys this show is really good there are tons of people who love it.
You: Wow really? Better not watch it then

Berserk

>Contrarian : the post

>already won this season
>nothing next season to come close except UtaPri
I don't think so. ReZero is AOTY.

I need somebody to crop Subaru's smug reaction in that image please.

The only title Re:Zero has earned is meme of the year.

It's clearly false flagging to make Re:Zero fans look bad, not that they need any help.

It's an alright show. But I wouldn't even call it the best of the season, let alone year.

Sup Forums doesn't like anime, so no.

Luluco already did, 7 minutes at a time.

Orange
Saiki Kusuo
Mob psycho
I'm sure I'm missing some.
And that's only for summer.

Not even the correct summer shows.

>New Game!
>Art Club
>Prisma Illya

sorry I don't really watch moeshit

It's legitimately good, and not the shallow entertainment some people make it out to be.

You can enjoy it even if you don't read to much in to it, but it does use some symbolism and subversion, and Subaru is a complicated MC.

Honestly no
But Rem is the best so you can give it a try if you are a waifufag

re:zero might win. dont see any good new seasons of yahari, new game no life or tokyo ghoule coming soon :(

It's not AOTY but it's genuinely great and worth watching. Just avoid the threads, they're fucking horrible (like this one).

>Orange
my man

It's fine but its not even AOTS let alone AOTY

Beako is the only good girl, she just doesn't get much exposure until later.

Rem only existed to lure people in for suffering then be erased, like lolis in Black Bullet. She really is a side character.

Emilia is and always will be a shit.

Might actually be AOTS, there's not really a lot going on this season.

AOTY is a bit of a stretch, but then again this year seems pretty fucking mediocre, so there's always the chance.

Re:Zero is a dime-a-dozen otaku series that has an edgy scene to shock the audience.

It's not original.

It's not clever.

It's not even appropriate.

It's an amateur director's technique used to trick dumb people into thinking his work isn't a shallow piece of garbage.

>WHAT'S THIS? DEATH AND SUFFERING IN MUH INSEKAI HAREM SERIES? I NEVER SAW THAT COMING!

Rakugo was better

Its pretty much every fotm from the past few years jammed together in an edgy bundle of poorly written characters and aged plot devices

>Not AOTY

It is though, and that's not even a b8 statement. What actually has been a better anime than Re:Zero so far this year?

Death and suffering also happened in SAO you dipshit.

>What actually has been a better anime than Re:Zero so far this year?
KonoSuba
Flying Witch
Sansha Sanyou
Concrete Revolutio
JoJo Part 4
Mob Psycho 100
Planetarian
New Game
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru

Re:Zero is really good but there's just too much awesome stuff to consider it AOTY.

Except SAO wasn't marketed as a lighthearted comedy series.

Edgy = light tone + shock value

>It's popular, therefore it's reddit

Steins;Gate had forum memes and a "le mad scientist", so I can forgive people screaming REDDIT!!!!!! about that, but what the fuck about this show has any indication of reddit humor, other than it being popular ?

Sancha sanyou is shit compared to rest of list. Boring as fuck, only animation was great.
I guess it's because source material is like 17 years old and CGDCT 4komas cliché weren't beat to death yet.

>Meme
Kill yourself

>It's not even appropriate.
What the does that even meant? Your whole post screams of fat greek contrarian snobshitter

Rem is the only good thing about this anime.

little witch academia

>generic waifubait
>good

Brave Witches.

Pretty much. I'm enjoying 91 Days and Macross a lot more than this. It's an enjoyable show, but I don't see what all the hype is about. To me it's just another Isekai with a few different elements thrown into the mix. And some of the fans who are young and think that dark and gritty automatically equals good of don't really help either. Any type of criticism is written off as you being "contrarian" as seen in this thread and others.

>re:zero
>AOTY
pick one

You're an idiot if you think Rem is generic.

Because the name rimes with reddit duh

Holy fucking shit, this isn't rocket science.

Death, suffering, gore, and "shock scenes" are only fine if they match the tone of the work. If you want that shit, you have to write something with a more serious tone. No one calls Berserk edgy, because it has a serious tone.

What hack writers will do is write a cliche lighthearted otaku series, then have an edgy moment towards the end to shock the audience. It's a cheap technique that only impresses dumb people. Anyone with intelligence understands that that garbage is inappropriate.

Good writing: light tone and light events

Good writing: dark tone and dark events

Shit writing for manchildren: light tone and dark events

generic waifubait is the silver haired one, i assume she is the lock to win. since best girl never does.

What have any of those anime done to distinguish themselves really? They're all just run-of-the-mill decent shows, but there's nothing ambitious or endearing about any of them.

Re:Zero is actually doing things that propel people to obsess over it. Those other shows are the type that you enjoy week-to-week, but you don't much care to talk about. Re:Zero is touching all the bases, and accruing popularity among Japanese fans, Sup Forums, MAL, everywhere.

There's very little substantiated reasoning to argue against Re:Zero being AOTY right now.

But AOTY is Flying Witch.

>No one calls Berserk edgy, because it has a serious tone.

>deleted
For what reason?

>one calls Berserk edgy, because it has a serious tone

Holly shit

Not every comedy has to be sunshine and rainbows and not every fantasy drama has to be constant gray gloom and doom. Contrast and switches in tone when done well can be exceptionally good.

berserk is edgy?
wew lad I guess that means everything is edgy now

Requests outside of /wsr/ maybe.

You know "edgy" is a real description and has a real meaning right

user I think you miss the point of why it stands out,
the protagonist has to struggle and persevere to reach his goal, he's not handing everything on a silver platter, that really has been my grievance with isekai stories,
not whatever the hell you are advocating which apparently every story having to follow a set of esoteric rules put forth by a cabal of pseudo-intellectuals like with modern art.

yeah, stay away from the threads though

Are you saying it's not? Oh wow

Yeah but at this point virtually all people on this board dont use it correctly

91 Days' only real merit is that it's premise is rare in anime. What has it actually done that's all that complex?

I enjoy it, but nothing about it is really that difficult. Baccano already did the mobster thing, so what is 91 Days doing other that is so unique?

>MC's family gets murdered by the mod
>He sets out for revenge

Wow, so innovative. It's a fun story and nothing else.

Yeah, I like guzzling buckets of cum too.

Berserk is not edgy.
Next you're going to say Hamlet and The Iliad is edgy.

>ReZero is better than Rakugo.
What kind of sick joke is this.

>there's cheap shock value and waifubait that tricks viewers into thinking it's good therefore it's AOTY

>Berserk is not edgy.

its the truth fuckboy

i think edgy sort of implies that it is done in a superficial manner

Let me explain:
edgy = trying to be hardcore when you're not (because of trash writing/moeshit/waifubait)
dark = heavy story in context

>edgy = trying to be hardcore when you're not (because of trash writing/moeshit/waifubait)
Sounds like Berserk to me.

Re:Zero has no aesthetic identity.

You should try thinking about words in a way that isn't warped by constant shitposting on Sup Forums. Next you'll tell me Casca is autistic.

You fags will deny you ever liked re:ddit once it finishes airing.

Yeah that can apply with Berserk, at least with the one that's airing.

>trying to hate on Berserk

>tfw AOTY is a 3CG anime

The industry is dying

Nope, Re:Zero is clearly AOTY 2016.

Planetarian and Jojo are the only things remotely close to Re:Zero of that list.

Shokugeki no soma stops you out boy

The hype mostly resides on how good of a character Subaru is. Subaru is what separates it from the other Isekai.

It's entertaining to watch. It started out as a comfy story but then last episode was some real "I am le puppetmaster" shit

I like it way more than re:zero, at least the protagonist isn't retarded to the point of painfulness. NGE did the entire "MC is pathetic/unsure of what to do" because at least Shinji wasn't retarded to the point of ignoring common sense commands.

I personally think DR3 is the AOTS because I loved the games and the anime is much much better than I expected. Re:Zero is baby's first """deep""" anime.

>Girlish Number
The Watari hype
Can't wait.

>at least the protagonist isn't retarded to the point of painfulness.

Immature analysis. That or poor ability to understand character motivations.

Would've been better if It wasn't 3DCG.

They picked pretty great voice actors though, especially for Satou, that guy makes a cool villain even more entertaining.

>on how good of a character Subaru is
>subaru good
no

Akame Ga Kill did both those things and wasn't close to as popular as Re:Zero on Sup Forums.

Stop pretending like gore/shock value is what's propelling Re:Zero's popularity. It's just using it appropriately and meaningfully. Madoka and Eva also had shocking and prevalent gore scenes, but that doesn't make them Elfin Lied-tier shows.

I was gonna make the same exact criticism of his post, but you beat me too it.

It's a great show. But these people calling it a masterpiece and AOTY are absolutely full of shit.

Don't let simple time rewinding mechanics, spooky curses, and people yelling and dying a lot give you the illusion of out of this world, brilliant writing.

His motivation is to do anything for a girl he barely knows anything about. That's pretty retarded desu. I dropped the show after he made himself look like a complete tool in front and sperged out in front of all those people and the white haired bitch.

Stop acting like he's some sort of greatly written protagonist. He's just another generic self insert otaku, "suffering" doesn't make him a better character.

How the fuck can you seriously list Sansha Sanyou but not Unhappy? They were almost literally the same show, and Unhappy was much better, while Sansha Sanyou was underwhelming in almost every aspect and pretty much only worth watching for Youko-sama.

Hopefully for retarded use of "meme"

Re: Zero has no place for AoTS let alone AoTY.
Re:Zero is last season's leftover, while last season's AoTS was Sakamoto, followed by runner ups like Flying Witch, Bakuon, Kiznaiver and Kabaneri.
Meanwhile, current AoTS contenders are: New Game, Illya, Souma, Danganronpa and 91 Days.

It was also boring as fuck

Subaru isn't that complicated of a character but he still seems to be too much for you. You managed to miss his actual motivation and mistake it for the one he claims. So yes, surface level analysis. His foolish actions make complete sense given his character.

It's not his suffering which makes him a good character. It's his consistency and how naturally the audience learns of his motivations and values if they pay attention to the dialogue.