Raildex NT16

Big update. Chapter 4, epilogue and afterword complete.
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index:NT_Volume16_Chapter_4
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index:NT_Volume16_Epilogue
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index:NT_Volume16_Afterword

Misaki best girl.

>That boy alone was missing.
>Only his right hand remained on the floor.
>"Ah, ahhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…"
>"ああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ"

>muh best protagonist gets BTFO
Based Kamachi.

> My objective is Kamisato Kakeru and the Elements are merely pawns to that end
> The A.A.A. was only a detour, but there are some things I just can’t overlook.

Wait, this means she wasn't after Mikoto, just Kamisato and the A.A.A. If she isn't after Mikoto, then the one who is after Mikoto is Aleister. Oh boy. Touma should really forget the Kamisato situation and go after Mikoto, instead.

NOT AGAIIINN HELP ME KANZAKIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Either Aleister will be revealed to have lied about wanting Mikoto dead or someone else will deal with trying to save her

I doubt it, otherwise that scene with Aleister and Yuiitsu in NT15 would've been pointless. Kamachi doesn't appear like he is going to backpedal now.

If he really wanted Mikoto dead, she'd already be dead.

I don't think Aleister was lying either. I also don't think saving Mikoto is going to be "The Touma Does It Again Show" even if he is involved

I think the heatwave and Elements were a bigger threat to his plan but he didn't "teleport behind Fran and Yuiisu and unsheath his blasting rod" now did he?

>“Long ago, executioner’s axes would apparently grow useless from the human blood and fat that got on the blade! Not even the sharpest Japanese swords were used to cut cleanly through ten or twenty people in battle. They were really used to beat people down with the weight of the steel!!”

Hell yes Kamachi.

Maybe now Kamachi can have Yuiitsu do something actually interesting and original. I'm glad this revenge shit is over because the next volume won't be anywhere as simple and predictable as this one was.

>poor deluded faggot thinks posting this every thread means something

She's BTFO and irrelevant no matter how hard she makes your dick

wasnt this volume rather short?

He won't use the monster zoo but he'll just let Kamisato off himself? Goddammit Touma.

Anyone have the ePub or Mobi file? Can't seem to download it from BT with the extension

>Maybe now Kamachi can have Yuiitsu do something actually interesting and original.

I don't know, I did enjoy the way she had her revenge on Kamisato. Stealing everything from him, even his girls, was beautiful.
I don't hate Kamisato, but this is a woman taking revenge because of her dog-sensei. I love her, she is a based bitch.

Rate NT16

8.5/10.
Pretty good, way better than the last novel.
It was short, though.

I did enjoy that reversal, but the elements were shit and I expected more from her AAA copy.

8.75/10

Might go on up to a 9/10 once NT17 info is out and we have an idea as to where this will go

You can really tell that she doesn't know much about Aleister if she thinks that AAA was stronger than his.

I didn't care about the Elements at all, but I can understand your disappointment with the AAA copy. I wasn't expecting much out of it because what makes the AAA truly powerful is Aleister. As soon as Yuiitsu said she made one without Aleister's help I knew it wouldn't be something impressive.

The only power Mikoto has against him is his own power. There's nothing she can do to him. there's countless ways for him to easily kill her.

Also, the only real issue is the AAA itself. If it gets destroyed, he goes right back to not caring. And it's already damaged with all its spare parts destroyed or absorbed.

Considering how sinister it looked in the illustration and the spoilers concerning Kamisato, I expected more of it, but I'm not disappointed. It being quite weak makes sense if it had nothing to do with Aleister. I no longer expect AAA Mikoto and AAA Yuiitsu

>Also, the only real issue is the AAA itself.

He said the issue was Mikoto coming in contact with it, though. No matter what she does she is already tainted.

I imagine the issue is that similarly to how the Misaka Network was used to control Mikoto by Gensei, Mikoto could probably be used to affect the Misaka Network.

That and he probably doesn't want Magic and Science mixing like that.

This. Even if AAA got smashed to absolute peices during Yuiitsu's attack and Mikoto can never use it again (which I don't think is what will happen) Mikoto is already affected by AAA

So did Aleister really have rocket boosters attached to the bottom of his fucking building or was this Yuiitsu keikakuing?

Also, after seeing Touma's idea of what "normal" is, I can't wait to see his definition of "not holding back".

This whole discussion is based on a fallacious pretense since we have no reason to believe Aleister is being completely honest with Yuiitsu.

*premise

I can see Aleister having an emergency "See you fuckers in space" button.

Since we haven't even seen the clones, it's possible AAA being used by Mikoto is affecting them. Could be one teasing Accelerator hasn't appeared. He's saving that information for the volume that deals with the AAA problem

Maybe his keikaku involves putting the building in space or like a Star of Bethelhem

Hmm, you think Kamachi wasted our time with a pointless scene? Sure, it isn't impossible. However, nothing there implied Aleister was lying. Of course, I'm not saying he couldn't be lying, but for the time being I'll assume he said the truth.
My reason: if we go around assuming characters are lying without nothing to indicate they were lying then we might as well make everything pointless lies. I see no reason to believe he was lying and I won't adhere to a conspiracy theory saying he was.

Wouldn't she be relevant for the fact he makes his dick hard?

I'm not denying the possibility he could have been lying. But "he outright said it and didn't fully explain why she's a problem yet" is reason enough to believe he could have been serious. Stop thinking it isn't up in the air

A fan getting a hard dick is in fact irrelevant

Will Touma try to deal with Yuiitsu first or will he first try to find a way to bring Kamisato back?

Well it probably does take some time to prepare damage control for when he brutally slaughters Academy City's poster child.

>“You haven’t forgotten I’m a magician that gains power by using the weapons I destroy as a sacrifice to my god, have you!? Yes, I couldn’t consume the Elements when they were ‘life forms’, but the A.A.A. is a ‘weapon’!!”

>AAA counts as a weapon

Knight leader can beat AAA. discuss

I assume he will think the two things are connected

> Will Touma try to deal with Yuiitsu first or will he first try to find a way to bring Kamisato back?

Wait, he would have to deal with Yuiitsu first anyway.
She has Kamisato's right hand, remember?

I mean, probably. Unless it's using Aleister's power.

I can't recall any mention of rockets before, but I think we've heard about it producing it's own oxygen and being able to block cosmic radiation. Which would imply it was suitable to be launched into space.

Aleister lying and manipulating people is hardly a conspiracy theory. We haven't seen a good source for his true intentions here.

You're right, it's absolutely up in the air. We can't be certain what Aleister's objective was in giving her the choice.

I definitely believe that he is anticipating Yuiitsu's betrayal of him. He and Noukan were fully aware that he sent Noukan to be defeated by sending him against Kamisato. She took world rejector and has very good motives for revenge against him. Defeating Yuiitsu is probably a higher priority for him than defeating Misaka since Yuiitsu may be an immediate thread while the threat with Misaka may be that she may connect the dots and figure out he's a magician or something like that.

>Aleister lying and manipulating people is hardly a conspiracy theory

It is, even if it isn't unlikely. Conspiracy theory isn't a derogatory term, I'm not using it as an insult.

WR might not be the only way to access the worlds it creates.

Marian might be able to do it with Dainslief for instance.

I didn't word that correctly. Will punching Yuiitsu be the priority or will be finding the resources and info needed in order to bring Kamisato back be the first thing he devolves into?

It depends entirely on whether or not he can figure out a way to get Kamisato back without WR.

If he can then that's the obvious method, since stripping Yuiitsu of her followers would help alot.

If he can't then he has to beat Yuiitsu to get Kamisato back anyways.

What you said was:
>Hmm, you think Kamachi wasted our time with a pointless scene?

It's not a pointless scene even if he was lying. It's showing how he's interacting with Yuiitsu. Yuiitsu's next target of revenge is probably Aleister, and Aleister has probably figured this out.

Demon lord Touma when?

>All of it at once
Thank you based js06

I legitimately think the clones will be involed in this mess.

>Clone network seems to be involved in everything Aleister creates (Hyouka? Aiwass?) so it playing a role in AAA isn't unlikely

>Clones outright mentioned last time Aleister was onscreen

>Accelerator seems to be hidden, with the added advantage of making a survival novel more intense without him around

Isn't that a conspiracy, then?

>creates
>Aiwass

Before someone starts yelling about it, I know I should have put creates/summons. I'm aware Aiwass was summoned not created

Does anyone else think that the microwaves or the heat could have damaged UNDERLINE and Yuiitsu baited the Kamisato faction into doing it so she could prepare her anti-Aleister plan?

Basically the tiny elements would be her personal replacement for UNDERLINE so she would be able to monitor the entire city while Aleister's surveillance ability would become more crude.

8/10
The microwaves still bothers me.

If that wasn't her intention i'm sure it'll still be a side benefit in the future. UNDERLINE normally needs to be damaged/avoided in some way in the story in order for the plot to develop, this seems like a good way to accomplish that.

Sure, it's a conspiracy. This series has a ton of plots and conspiracies. It's certainly not a pointless scene, whether or not Aleister is being completely honest with Yuiitsu. And from experience we know he's probably not being completely honest with anyone.

That's a very, very interesting possibility. She was already shown to have knowledge of UL and how to destroy it with her gun

8/10 didn't have Stiyl in it

Given the fact that he knew Laura was listening in, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he's lying out of his ass to mislead her.

First half gets something like a 9.5/10 for me, was pretty much fantastic. Second half gets more like a 6/10. Not bad but didn't really match up to the first parts.

My bet is it's gonna be more Keikaku bullshit, and he'll have planned for Mikoto to interact with AAA so his power can infect the Misaka Network or something like that.

Honestly i'm really hoping Will-tan and Mikoto talk, that'd be pretty great.

What a garbage. It's not even funny, Kamachi.

Pretty good. 7.8/10, I think.

2/10. Piece of shit as always. NT was a mistake.

Once again, I don't think anyone is trying to say "there's no way Aleister is lying"

People are saying it can go either way.

This will continue to be true no matter how much evidence there is for "he was lying" or "he's telling the truth" is piled up. Until the novel confirms it either way.

Yeah, I'm just saying that if it does turn out he's full of shit, it's not going to catch me by surprise since there's already a reason in place for him to be bullshitting.

What I'm the least certain about is whether the microwaves should actually damage UNDERLINE. We really haven't heard much about the technical specs or durability of underline.

Smaller and more sophisticated electronics tend to be more vulnerable to EMI in real life, but who knows how Kamachi even thinks about these things. The only real hint we got in this volume was LED vs fluorescent lights. There's even the possibility that with how small the nanomachines are and how they are constructed they don't even resonate with the microwaves and are totally unaffected.

I think Will-tan is more related to Aleister than people believe.

Even if she's not "Aleister literally manipulating the Network", she's there as a way for him to hijack the Network even easier than abducting Last Order

6.5/10

Seems to be back on track however I'll give a proper judgement once the next volume is out because it is the proof of fire that shows if it had impact on Touma.

If the next volumes goes with
>Kamijou Touma thought about Kakeru Kamisato
>It's time to do something about this right hand
And then
>Fuck that. X'mas are more important!
>Muh normal student life WWW

Then NT will sink lower in my book.

Actually, I'm starting to think the main reason Index isn't near Touma in moments like this is because Index is the only one who would admonish him for his train of thoughts and behaviour but doesn't as she is ignorant of the events going on.
But once it happen I can say for sure that Touma is going to have the biggest melt down of his life as his biggest fear comes true, Index leaves him alone with his shit.

There's no way Will isn't either outright some dodgey backdoor for Aleister or something more legit he's intentionally created with intentions of subjugating and using for his own purposes

> I am going to enjoy tormenting you to death just like Sensei should have done with his A.A.A.!!”
If only Aleister didn't have his damn conflicting desires.

So. We've got to wait until at least October for the first bit of NT17. Maybe even later than that if it doesn't release in December for some reason.

What do you think it'll be about?

>Mikoto, the AAA, and whatever other characters get dragged into it

>Touma, Yuiitsu and Kamisato

>something that ties AAA Mikoto and Yuiitsu's mess together

>something else

Next novel is apparently rescuing Kamisato. NT 18 will probably be AAA.

Third option.

Kamachi has to make us suffer.

Maybe so? I'm more inclined to believe Kamisato's rescue will take longer than a volume. It'll be something going on for a while but not the only thing going on

Probably rescue Kamisato but they left everything with Touma's class and Tokiwadai people up in the air.

I believe it'll be something like "Touma begins his attempt to save Kamisato and deals with angry harem members while Mikoto has her AAA shenanigans come to a head"

Who cares about those shits?

They were just a device on this volume.

Touma and Kakeru care

Touma was pretty BTFO this volume despite having a few scenes that made Toumafags cream themselves

That happens every single volume, though.

So is Rensa permadead now because of the microwaves? The only thing that kept her "alive" was that Touman had her in cold storage.

>spoonfeeding

Your question was answered twice in the text. There was even discussion of this in previous threads. Read and lurk more.

Read the novel.

Why does seeing Touman or TouMAN in any post almost always mean it's low quality (shitposting, bait, asking for spoonfeeding, claiming to be out of the loop, ect)

Should probably just filter it. I've never seen a single post that has that meme in it that was worthwhile

>kamisato BTFO

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Touma got plenty of info and hints on the second half of the volume about how the AAA could hurt Mikoto and that she shouldn't be using it. Although with all the crazy stuff going on, it's understandable he didn't connect the dots yet.

>Toumacockgobbler throwing salt

HAHAHAHAHAHA

So worried about Misaka.

>the strength of his resolve to save Kamisato is more touching and compelling than everything he's ever felt for Mikoto combined

Mikoto BTFO

Artist? I can't see his name clearly

>Touma literally thinks she's a lesbian

Mikoto BTFO again