Let's Do A Philosophy Test

>>>selectsmart.com/PHILOSOPHY/

My results:
>pic related
Did I win? Are traps gay? What are your top 3?

I've never read any of their works, or studied philosophy. Should I read a book or two? I've gotten the impression that it's mostly half baked bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

iep.utm.edu/cynics/
screenshots.firefox.com/jQvrJVOl85MgeDiB/selectsmart.com
selectsmart.com/PHILOSOPHY/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Traps are extremely gay

Not bad, OP.

And yes, traps are gay.

>100% Spinoza
Guess I have some reading to do.

Did it earlier. Plato and Socrates was on the top, stoic at the bottom. This is the patrician result.

>stoic
i'm really cool guys.

Redpill me on cynicism, is it kawaii?

rate

Just fuck my shit up pham

never heard of this guy, but he might be worth researching

we match you’re my husband now those are the rules.

Cynicism is basically "Everyone is selfish, so you shouldn't think of anyone either when taking actions. But don't be an asshole, just be selfish." Basically.

Not like, "Walk around and call people faggots", but more like "Don't base your decisions on how they will affect others, just do whatever is best for you."

>100% Kant
What does this mean?

>100% Spinoza
so... mexicant intellectual.

It's calling you a cunt.

Fuck you I'm never pulling the lever.

someone give me a quick rundown on this guy

I didn't like any of the answers.
What prize do I get?

utilitarianfag

MY man

ew, just found out jean paul sartre was a commie nigger

I wonder if pol users are naturally randian, or if they pick the philosophy from the group?

>Nel Noddings, (((phiLOLsopHER)))

feels bad man

>mexican
>intellectual

The test was a fucking Trolleyroll.

I did that a couple months back and got 100% Platonist, which is unsurprising, for I am unironically a Platonist.

>all these 100%

i dont trust it

He was a feminist.

Is this consistent with the NAP?

Thats completely fucking wrong

Seriously, if you want to talk about something, at least inform yourself about it beforehand.

Prove it. Whip it out.

100% stoic

iep.utm.edu/cynics/

They were ascetics who hated greed and the likes because it causes suffering.

I guess we can all agree that rousseau is a douche

>Didn't like any of the answers / Didn't want to
Glad to see it didn't give you any percentages so.

It's good to know where you stand. Even as a critic of your own group.

Yup. He's a libertarian kinda guy.
>Pic related

I was talking about your dick you big dumb baka!

Flag checks out. I have 0% on Rousseau but even I agree with the social contract for the most part.

screenshots.firefox.com/jQvrJVOl85MgeDiB/selectsmart.com

awtizm

alright r8 me

Behold

ayn rand was no kant

>objective morality
>without a divine, transcendent standard

muh negro got him also with 100%

Communist, anti-white kike. Fits an Amerilard perfectly

*Fits a nu (((German))) perfectly

kek , im right wing russian anyway

I got the only right answer on here for any "reactionary"

well i'm pretty disappointed in myself
>John Stuart Mill
>A member of the Liberal Party, he was also the first Member of Parliament to call for women's suffrage.

If you didn't get pic related, kys immediately

Yeah, he's bretty OK. His great invention was "act like you want others to act" or something like that. If you don't initiate agression that's bretty NAP.

>I guess we can all agree that Rousseau is a douche
Every single one so far has a very low Rousseau score., or he's not even mentioned.

I'm sure he makes some good points. But at his core, this faggot seems to represent the anti/pol/
>Moving from the abstract to the particular, Rousseau’s prescriptions in social policy strike libertarians as abhorrent, particularly when they are combined with Rousseau’s incessant invocations of liberty. In the name of liberty, Rousseau would censor the press and forbid the theater; he would institute both sumptuary laws and a state religion. Limits to government power were in vain, Rousseau taught, for virtue alone should guide the people who would serve—undivided—as the legislators. “The laws are but registers of what we ourselves desire,” Rousseau wrote, and limits were therefore unnecessary.

Maybe literal Nazis would like him. Commies certainly would.

Fellow here.

ITS CALLED REALITY

What about Plato?

if you need a diety to tell you what's right and wrong - that's ok in my books. many people are not capable enough to have their own sound moral framework. but then again ... if you've got the mental capacity to reason about shit you don't need a divine standard. you just conclude what's moral and what's not.

Plato is a exception

Without God, morality would be just a subjective social construct that varies from place to place and from individual to individual.

nietzsche was of polish nobility. how can you cope?

>everyone getting 90%+ Hobbes
lol

Strawman, I was criticizing the objectivity part of Rand's ethics. Of course anyone can create their own moral code but that doesn't make it objective.

At least I'm not Rousseau

שמע ישראל ה אלוהינו ה אחד

glad we have god else 1 + 1 would be 3 for some people...

*objectively true

What is good and what is bad is not the same for every person, remember?

It's pure basics don't vary at all. And are yet still unknown. But it's specifics certainly do vary from place to place and situation to situation.

what a small minded person you are. just because you are not capable of logical reasoning doesn't mean that others aren't capable of objective thought.

i'm a rational egoist

What are those basics?

because some people don't reason about it sufficiently. that's why having a religious moral authority is good. but that doesn't mean that everyone is a drooling retard who requires external guidance to figure out that killing people is wrong.

Objective though is possible, but morality is a matter like "whats the best ice cream flavor". Without a transcendent standard, it would just be a question of preference not fact, because morality depends on our own values that we attribute to certain things.

So tell me, why is it objectively wrong to kill people?

who tf is thomas hobbes?
me no likey

That's a fucking meme like your flag

Mine doesn't list Protagoras at all for some reason

100% plato
11% prescriptivism

>A Jew has the most in common with the (((Christians))).
Who knew!

It's actually a different quiz from the same website. I took it a while ago.

are you me?

>Rousseau is consistantly low
Fascinating.

>Ayn Rand first
>Sartre second
This doesn't seem right

Aristotle first and Sartre second.

Fuck Sarte btw.

Are you by any chance a fashy atheist?

>selectsmart.com/PHILOSOPHY/
you lost, hard.

Stoics 100%

Rousseau 0%

Keeping it real

100% Spinoza cuz fuck that trolley and keep religion out of politics.

>Should I read a book or two?
Philosophy is a waste of time. All philosophers are just a bunch of pretencious """intellectuals""" who think they've got it all figured out.

Not bad Thomas

Dubious territorial claims? The west knew what they were doing when they separated Old Prussia from Germany.