youtube.com/watch?v=ofTByIYlLbs
youtu.be/NEA8bk4RBDE
youtu.be/bprEFCmF_Og
youtube.com/watch?v=_5-8f5zmBWw
yaraon-blog.com/archives/90409
twitter.com/MattShipmanVO/status/649697267641917441
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

muh ruri

Will Shun's sins be addressed? Right now he's a worse character than Kaito.

Do you have regrets Sup Forumsrc-v?

Shun has never sinned. He is merely a good oniichan trying to keep his beloved imouto from the unviable blackhole that is Sayaka. Bitch wasn't even competent enough to activate fairy cheer girl's effect on her own fucking turn.

Ruri needs to be taught to stay away from awful influences like that.

Becoming so invested in this plot line.
>tfw you fell in love with a character who never appears

Sound duel 4 Fucking never

Shun~

I don't run pure Steelswarm anymore

I forsook my petdeck because I wanted to win ;_;

>Will Shun's sins be addressed?
Being a loving Onii-chan is not a sin.
Carding literal whos is not a sin
but seriously what sins are you talking about

>tfw you fell in love with a character who will never have lots of screentime

he's probably like one of those nips who got triggered by Shun smacking TRASH card out of Ruri's hand

>They didn't get Ebina or Noh Gil-bo to animate this episode

Why is this acceptable?

Watching this show and actually thinking it was good 70 episodes ago. I'm literally watching just to get closure now because I've invested too much time into it.

Holy fuck Arc-V is dying. The nips absolutely hated the last episode.

last episode was pretty fucking shit

>episode was garbage
>people hate it

I feel that maybe there is a connection here guys.

Since Shun will mostly be a card by tomorrow, post vids of best Onii-chan and meme.
youtu.be/FkE4F2sA7SA
youtu.be/27XaBP2LLaQ
youtu.be/SoZzsTmU8Aw

they bitched when Shun slapped that TRASH CARD out of Ruri's hand, they got shit taste

but yeah last episode sucked

youtube.com/watch?v=ofTByIYlLbs

>Episode was garbage
>People hate it
>Rinse and repeat
Post-Season 1 Arc V in a nutshell.

>10.3% at the top
>68.5% at the bottom
Considering how nico ratings usually look on average and how lenient they can be, holy SHIT

>"It seems this YGO series has a really bad reputation, I even have friends who are always watching YGO anime but this time they're saying it's terrible" - nip comment in the nico forum

Ouch

youtu.be/NEA8bk4RBDE
I want him to survive but at the same time Ruri beating him would be amazing

Lmao. Pretty much all the comments about how it was popular during Standard and nosedived into "feces" once the show hit Synchro.

why are the Japanese always so formal sounding when they curse?

Not exactly a nip expert, but they don't really have a lot of native curse words in the same way English does. Mostly a lot of comparing to fecal matter or certain body parts?

If I remember correctly, they don't really have that many curses. A lot of it is actually tone and a lack of the usual respect implied, for example, the use of the wrong honorifics.

if shun gets thrown down some stairs i might have an aneurism
youtu.be/bprEFCmF_Og

I regret how much potential Arc-V never met, in part due to the GEEWUN movie sapping the budget:

>Imaginative Action Fields instead of just Cross Over for 2/3rd the series
>Action Traps
>Speed World Neo actually granting Riding Duel rules (and not being dropped for Cross Over Accel)
>No budget for more Reiji or Mieru appearances (see what this guy said )
>Animation quality dropped from ZEXAL-level to consistently hitting lower 5D's
>Whole cast got locked in hotel rooms for a third of the entire series
>Some returning characters are pretty much in name and look only (see Kaito and somewhat Jack)
>All of Synchro/Roger pretty much not contributing to plot advancement at all
>Xyz blown through in like a dozen episodes with only a skeleton of any plot or real conflict
>Fusion having all this filler which then forces it to rush the actual plot, killing any tension
>Duel writing getting lazier and lazier
>Pretty much throwing away all the minor characters with each new season
>Most of the Lancers have become just fodder to hype the enemies up before Yuya trounces them
>A lot of character nuance has disappeared (Sawatari growing out of being a joke, Gong continuing to expand his deck, Yuzu from almost being a female protagonist in her own right to a generic damsel)
>Berserk Mode all-but dropped since HITOTSU NII got interrupted
>Whatever plot significance the Pendulum Cards and Yuya's pendant ever had has totally disappeared

It really feels like they had to drop any plans they had for the series around the time Season 2 started, and that DSoD contributed to that.

>Animation quality dropped from ZEXAL-level to consistently hitting lower 5D's
You mean as soon as episode 4 hit?

I never understood how anyone could look at episodes 4 and 5 and think they're well animated, or even up to the par of the first two episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=_5-8f5zmBWw

yaraon-blog.com/archives/90409

>"action duels are shit, entertainment duels are shit, please change the main character"

>"YGO was only good up until 5Ds"

>"Synchro arc is cancer but I blame the screenplay"

>"Ono is too obsessed with synchro and spent a fucking year on it"

>"Yuya KOs like crazy. He just uses an Action card and beats the enemy character like that.

>"someone fire Kamishiro and Ono"

>"Yuya is annoying, no time for Yuzu, duels get cut or omitted, character development is badly executed, story does not progress well"

>"the divide between good episodes and shit episode is too large. There's no consistency."

>"Truly Kazuki is God"

>"I look towards the Standard Dimension where I had fun with distant eyes

Jesus. This is a massacre.

>It really feels like they had to drop any plans they had for the series around the time Season 2 started, and that DSoD contributed to that.

Same user. To word this better, what I meant to say is that it felt like something _must have happened_ that made them abandon the old plan.

Matt Shipman is one of the few reasons I actually follow the dub.

twitter.com/MattShipmanVO/status/649697267641917441

>waaa this movie based upon the most popular incarnation of Yugioh that was meant to sell trading cards supposedly took budget away from a mediocre and unpopular show meant to sell trading cards

Who fucking cares. You can have all the money in the world and if you still have shitty writers you're still going to get shit. Also what the fuck kind of quality writing are you expecting from a show whose single purpose is to sell a TCG?

A lot of those are obviously in-betweens, which is what total newfags use in QUALITY threads when they're not QUALITY.

That said, even early on there were quite a few episodes with jank animation. They just became even jankier and more frequent in Synchro.

Up until the first half of the synchro Arc V was legit good, then Synchro's tournament arc started and the show became so fucking bad
So bad they will not have a next series to compensate

Social hierarchies are reflect in japanese grammar so if you want to insult SOMEONE you just refer to them in an inferior category. To insult SOMETHING you will have a hard time

ONO WAS A MISTAKE

The series doesn't HAVE to suck post-DM. It's just a shame people will only ever remember the first series of the franchise because that's when it was a fad. Yeah, it's a show about card games. Sounds like Vanguard's been doing pretty well, though.

>>"I look towards the Standard Dimension where I had fun with distant eyes
I empathize with this nip.

>tfw even your favorite YGO fanartist seems to have waned interest in Arc-V

FIRE ONO
REMOVE EGAO
PAY HOSOYA
PROMOTE REIJI TO MC
MAKE ARC-V GREAT AGAIN

Look the same complaints we have but the fanboys get mad when we talk about them.

HE HAS PLOT
HE HAS PENDULUMS
HE HAS PLANS

They don't matter enough to get screentime, anyway

You can never say anything bad about Arc-V ever, and if you do you are a nostalgiafag who can't understand the complexities of a Chinese cartoon meant to sell cards to children.

>yaraon-blog.com/archives/90409
>"Modern SEED Destiny"
Savage

MAKE REIJI THE MC
YUYA HAS DRAGONS
DRAGONS ARE ALWAYS USED BY THE RIVAL
YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEART THAT THE SHOW WOULD BE BETTER WITH REIJI THAN WHAT WERE GETTING NOW

He'd just be an MC who never shows up

God fuck you. You just had to come in and start all of this bullshit by giving more "proof" that Arc-V is bad. There's an episode in a few hours and people are already being negative. We don't need that shit so fuck off.

God fuck you. You just had to come in and start all of this bullshit by giving more "proof" that Arc-V fans are bad. There's a new shitty general thread in a few hours and people are already being negative. We don't need anybody who disagrees with me so fuck off.

If that many people are negatively responding, maybe there's something there. It does create circlejerks, but generals inevitably propagate that anyway. Especially when people keep bumping the thread at dead hours without actually bothering to discuss anything, just to keep the general from falling off.

It's not that I hate Arc-V - in fact I still enjoy it quite a bit - it's just that it saddens me that a series that showed such promise the first 50 episodes has lived up to so little of it after that. It had potential to beat 5D's 1-64.

This is my safe space where I can talk about dueling in peace without anybody ever disagreeing with what I have to say and how dare you try to ruin that for me.

Who's ready for Raptors, Luscinias, and whatever other genus of bird they throw at us.

This episode in a nutshell.

I'm ready for hugs, flashbacks and lots of teleporting.

>tfw Ruri will use doves
>RANK UP MAGIC OLIVE BRANCH FORCE

luluscinia

>"Ono is too obsessed with synchro and spent a fucking year on it"

Even the fucking Japanese fans talk about that shit. Ono is a biased fucking prick. The worst part is that his bias didn't make the arc any better.

>Ruri uses LL monsters
>LL
>Lapis Lazuli

This is the deepest lore.

>LL
>Lulu
god damn 4K

I'm rewatching Zexal and I'm enjoying it a ton more this time after Arc-V. I used to find Kattobingu god awful annoying but after all Yuya's shit it doesn't bother me at all.

Is this normal?

Kattobingu isn't shoved down your or other character's throats. Yuma applies it to his own life and sometimes people like it enough to latch onto it. EGAO is a central part of Arc-V's plot and Yuya has to shove it into everything and on everyone making it annoying and him overbearing.

>DUEL splash appears
>Kurosaki vs. Luli

I actually went back and watched Yuma and Kaito vs III and IV and it was a lot more fun than any tag duels Arc-V's had.

Not saying that there aren't 1 v 1 duels I like a lot in Arc-V or that Zexal's duel writing wasn't 'protect the castle' a lot of the time. But almost any duel involving more than 2 people are just trash as duels in Arc-V, and I wish they weren't. Tag duels are some of the best opportunities for characters to build a relationship in Yugioh, or show a proof of friendship.

I can't help but compare the Shingetsu/Vector thing to Dennis. Obviously it wasn't the same situation but Zexal did it way better while Dennis just felt completely pointless.

I just had a terrible idea.
Someone should edit the Yuru Yuri OP1, replacing the audio with Shun shouting.
>RU-RI RU RA RA RA RA RU-RU-RU-RI
>RANK - UP XYZCHANGE

Well they didn't even bother hiding that Dennis was a traitor. Then we got like 30 episodes of sitting on our hands waiting for him to reveal himself

I just feel like Dennis should have been a big deal one way or another. Shouldn't Academia getting their hands on Pendulum cards be a big deal?

Dub doesn't have names in the versus splash. It stretches out the LP to fill the space.

Which is weird, because the way it draws the names is the simplest thing to replicate in any graphics program.

>Hello, Police?
>I'd like to report a theft
>My screen time has been stolen

>Shouldn't Academia getting their hands on Pendulum cards be a big deal

And give them to who, Barrett? Serena and Dennis are good enough.

If you aren't Reiji/Yuya and play pendulums, you will job

If you aren't Reiji/Yuya you will job period

If you aren't Yuya you won't duel period

Will Shun continue his streak of defeating every notable fusion antagonist on his first try?

You're forgetting someone.

I'm trying to.

>"Uh hello?"
>"Hmm that's odd. I can't hear anything. It's almost as if a ghost is calling me"

Damn these comments are too real to how I feel about the show.

>Kazuki is God

I'm assuming they're talking about Kaz in which case, damn straight he is.

>Such is the daily life of Reiji

Every thread until Yuri appears again.......

Just wait, japs. Yusei cameo will save the final arc.

Yuri a tard, A TARD!

Isn't it such a damn shame that now that Shun and Ruri finally reunite, there's only a fraction of us left and most nips and amerifats think this show is garbage because of the 2 stupid Synchro/Xyz arcs plus trash animation?

I would still enjoy the moment even if I were the only person watching.

Sawatari has the play pendulums part. So I think its just the Yuya/Reiji thing

When will the episode be up? (Torontian fag)

yea and Sawatari jobs, did you even read it properly?

1h 19m

Thanks.

>Leo wants to fuse the Ruris but wants to prevent the Yus from fusing
Why?

I've been going through a lot of old stuff recently, and I've been trying to split the franchise into different continuities. So far I have:
>Original manga
>R
>GX manga
>5D's manga

>Toei anime

>Duel Monsters
>Duel Monsters GX
>5D's anime

>ARC-V

There are those four at least. I'm assuming the ZEXAL anime is also its own thing, but I'm not sure whether the ZEXAL and ARC-V manga take place in that continuity. Unlike the respective TV series, there's nothing to actually clearly separate them, but there's nothing overtly linking them like the other manga. Would I be crazy to consider them all one continuity, or am I crazy for even putting thought into it?

No I'd love the show if it'd at least pretend to care about Yuri. You know show him every now and then, instead of hiding him. Everything else is completely fine.

>Leo wants to fuse the Ruris
Says who