You wake up and find out you are now Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town on the night before he picks his Starter Pokemon at...

You wake up and find out you are now Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town on the night before he picks his Starter Pokemon at Professor Oak's lab.

You know that it roughly 20 Earth years of Ash's existence, he has yet to win a Pokemon League and failed in 6 Regions.

What do you do differently?

Grind

Wait like a week until oak gets normal starters again, then pick charmander. If another charmander is found in the rain, let it die. Don't collect the other starters.

Set my fucking alarm.

Ditch the rat, get a full team of badasses using knowledge of the future and new pokemon.

Alternately blow Oak's mind by telling him about the 3 new pokemon types he is stupidly ignoring and become a renowned researcher.

I travel to Kalos to get a Mega Stone and come back to Kanto to solo everyone with a Mega.

How the hell did the anime ever explain the fact that Wigglypuff is suddenly a Fairy and is now immune to Dragonite's Dragon attacks?

Disregard the Pokemon league, catch six Steel-types, open my own gym instead.

Fuck Misty and her sisters of course

Isn't it obvious? Don't let the redhead go.

Also maybe let the authorities know about Mewtwo before he kills me.

>As it turns out, Magnemite can't be poisoned, and Clefairy and Jigglypuff laugh at dragon moves.

>Ditch the rat, get a full team of badasses using knowledge of the future and new pokemon.
But Ash's Pikachu is fucking ridiculous. It solo'd two pseudo-legendaries. You'd have to be a lunatic to ditch it.

Personally I'd just convince it to evolve. If its that strong as a Pikachu, it'd be unbeatable as a Raichu.

Don't oversleep, pick Squirtle.
Actually learn how type advantages work, and train a bunch of pokemon of different types/strengths, that I love.
Become friends with Misty, eventually marry her.
Beat the Elite Four, and hand Dicks Oak his ass on a silver platter.
Hang out as League Champ for awhile, beating challengers, living the good life in Cerulean City. After awhile, get beaten by some stronk motherfucker, congratulate the bastard, and go on another adventure in a different land with muh wife.
Keep on making friends, exploring, and training until I get too old to be running around like some kid. Become a professor, and settle down in Olivine City.
;_;

And lost to garbage repeatedly. Its inconsistently good, and gets a lobotomy every few years, better to get something not at the whims of plot.

/thread

I pick Charmander, grind the fuck up and import me some pokemon.

Get my mother fucking Empoleon the OG of the start pokemon.

Make a core team of Pikachu, evolved to Raichu, a (Mega) Gengar and a Starmie. Get a Scyther, evolve it to Scizor. Last two slots can be cycled out with each region, eventually settling on Garchomp and Greninja.

Best post

What dragon attacks?
Dragon rage?

>learn how type advantages work
That would be a mistake in anime pokemon.
Other trainers use ash logic too, like how ground type moves can hit flying types and shit.

Kill Team Rocket outright around getting the final badge, maybe even earlier, if that's not enough I'll cripple the entire organization once my team is strong enough. Since I'll have basic knowledge of Pokemon I won't have too much trouble until the final badge. I'd also make a point to catch whatever legendaries I come across.

In cases of disobedient Pokemon like Charizard, I'd try to appeal to their ego to get them to fight tough battles, and leave them at Oak's lab if they prove too uncontrollable.

This sounds so fucking comfy

I get a top percentage rattata and sweep the league

All of them. Fairies are immune to dragon.

I don't get rid of all of my Pokemon every single season and also call up Charizard to help out in the Pokemon League.

There was only one dragon move until johto.