Left vs. Right

What in your opinion is the fundamental, philosophical split between left-wing and right-wing politics?

Feelings vs. Facts.

One side of the aisle is WAY more gullible.

I don't like that one because it implies the left are somehow more compassionate which is silly

wow nice meme friend, here's an upboat xDDD

Right is the only right way

Personal responsibility vs absence of it, conservation of what is already perceived as working vs changing for the sake of changing, hierarchy vs subversion of hierarchy.

Oh Christ, you aren't going for the "Dems are the REAL racists" meme are you?

I didn't imply that. I'm saying Democrats always have been the problem. First racism. Now anti-free-speech

>hierarchy vs subversion of hierarchy
This is an interesting one, could you maybe expand on that?

I sometimes hear left and right categorized in terms of hierarchy vs egalitarianism which makes sense in some ways but at the same time, the Left often tend to form inverted hierarchies of their own.

The right values the established order recognizing that not every one is born equal but every one has its place in said society, while the left rejects said order in the name of egalitarianism and, expanding the concept to whole cultures, universalism. And tries to subvert the society and its hierarchy by deconstructing the norms that rule the society, highlighting the contradictions and making the logical leap that instead of fixing said bugs the society as a whole is to torn down.

No it doesn't you're fucking stupid and fat. Feelings do not equal compassion nor do they equate to understanding. Especially with the left who has no control of their emotions.

Individuality vs collectivism

Freedom from government tyranny (right) vs government tyranny (left)

Simple as that

The Left believes it is the duty of a government to take care of it's people, and therefore protect them from predatory agents. Be this through government programs, social projects, or public services, as well as limiting corporate power and protecting the environment through legislation.

The Right believes people know how to take care of themselves, and that government should only provide for basic services, including roads, and laws. Government should have limited power and intrude as little as possible into people's lives.

Authoritarians believe the government should have more control over things, public, private and economic. The Authoritarian right believes the government should have a strong police force and army. The Authoritarian Left believes in government control of economics and ideology.

Anarchists believe central government should not exist. People should make decisions as a group, not having a central authority figure.

There are overlaps and extremes, but the core disagreement between Left and Right is about the amount of control the government should have in both your personal life and the economy.

Left: address the symptom.
Right: address the cause.

I'm not sure about this one because I don't see it as an either or choice. The Right believe in the rights of individuals but they also acknowledge the importance of upholding the integrity of the nation, or the state, or the people, all of which are collective entities.

Individual freedoms vs collectivist slavery

>The Right believes people know how to take care of themselves
Does it?

If you read any Right-minded traditionalist thinkers like de Maistre or Evola they tend to take a pessimistic view of human nature in that they believe that people cannot be left completely to their own devices otherwise, in their view, they will succumb to what people here tend to call degeneracy.

He still sees the problem through the concept of "right" in the American sense

traditionally (during French revolution), when these terms were coined, it was about the role of state. Right believed that state should provide only the necessary services society requests while left believed that the state should form and rule society with these services.

Right now there is very little left of this traditional dichotomy as people are not really that interested in ideology of state and ruling class anymore. Now it's more about identity and culture, thus conservatism / progressivism might be more accurate dividing line. I am omitting the term liberal because its meaning was also pretty much raped (in US 100%, in EU there are still some classical liberalism going on).

>Left
“I enjoy getting fucked in the ass”
>Right
“I am the one who fucks”

Both are gay for each other.

One side wants to legalise pedophilia, the other does not.

idealism vs realism

Lots of definitions end up being quite awkward. The best I can come up with is as follows:

The Left believes that humans are naturally equal and that equality is desirable.
The Right believes that humans are naturally unequal and that hierarchy is desirable.

Underrated. It must be said that correctly diagnosing the cause is not all too easy.

>t. centrist who thinks he knows everything

To be honest both sides do have valid critics of each other, and both sides have people who claim to be that side and are clueless. That bieng said third option all the way faggots

False dichotomy.

>third option all the way
What is the platform of the third option?

fascism

left: humanism
right: spirituality

the differences between left and right can be considered of science and religion in this way: the causality of hermeticism on the formation of protoscientific thought has created a contemporary "sect" of science if you will that promotes humanistic ideals as liberation over scripture that has acted as a foundation to our society. as such, concepts such as the patriarchy are considered bad despite its definition not being inherently negative.

inherently negative in a scripture sense. humanists will always take scripture out of context or attempt to attack it with logic. which is ironic, as there is no logic in attacking spirituality with what is observable.

observable as in literal

so i think as far as the "left vs right" debate goes, there's no "right" or "wrong". both humanistic and spiritual achievements throughout history have contributed greatly to our lives. it would be truly progressive to be mindful of both concepts and balance them both to form a resiliently wiser society. only then will true debate between these ideas be possible. it's a lot easier to do in homogeneous societies though, and i'm not which should be prioritized first

centrists in a nutshell

One is right and the other wrong. Once you believe human social organization has no right answer and it's all just opinion you're a leftist. The political spectrum is a 200-year old idea based on the error that is democracy.

It used to be that left was about freedom and against the state, while right was about toeing
the line and obeying the government. Now, it's sort of the opposite, I guess.

Although leftists tend to be rather aggressive towards religion, I see the ideology of progressivism as a bastard child of Christianity in
some ways. It contains within it the nagging moralism and the puritanism of certain Christian sects but it does away with the idea of the transcendental since it reduces everything down the material and it rejects absolute morality, or the idea that there are certain timeless truths which exist outside man and nature, leaving it an ever-evolving, nihilistic vortex with no end goal really.

power struggle between perverts and bigots

bamp