Tales of Zestiria the X

Come gather, round Sup Forumsnons
It's high time ye learned
About a hero named Velvet
And the wounds that she's earned

Just started this anime op. I give it best marks

I just beat the game two days ago and have a question about the ending

That was Rose's grave, right? Then was that Sorey putting the flowers on it?

Yes, it was Rose grave. And about the guy, it was her son.

akame is so beautiful omg

>the shota was alpha as fuck

Why is this allowed?

How good is Velvet at sucking cock?

Because he wanted to protect his hot aunt

Why do I see literally no thread about this in weekdays ? You know, ufotable...etc

because only fujoshits care about this shit show for the most part.

Because everyone is tired of the timid and weak shota portrayals. Also, he's the male lead, he's the Jude to Velvet's Milla.

Velvet had a hard life.
Older sister dies.
Seven years later sister's husband comes back home, kills little brother, chops her hand off and sends her to rot in prison.
She spends there three years eating nithing but demons.
When she escapes she finds out that she can't taste human food anymore.
Fails to kill her target, then accidentally kills two people who she vas trying to save and who reminded her of herself and her little brother.
Finds home village intact with little brother alive. Nope, it's an enemy showing illusions.
It gets worse.
Little brother is alive. It was his own wish to be sacrificed and turned into god, he was conspiring with Artorius all this time while Velvet was eating daemons in prison.
Also, Velvet is dead. Who you have been playing as up until now is her malevolence incarnated. The monster she has just killed was the origial body.
By the way, the brother she wanted to avenge is going to eat her now.

Was Tales of Berseria good then?

Also, Velvet is dead. Who you have been playing as up until now is her malevolence incarnated. The monster she has just killed was the origial body.
Turns out Berseria was Kingdom Hearts all along.

How did that happen to velvet?

Huh, I was right. The cameo boss is from Xillia. Vesperia cameo never.

Velvet didn't deserve this. She only wanted a peaceful life with her otouto in a hillbilly town. Is that too much to ask for?

Rina Satou is on point in Berseria. Might even be the best performance of her career.

Her crazy despaired screaming is the best. Those were all the best parts in Railgun S as well.

Just started the game. Now we have apples that bring courage? Classic Tales.

Sorey was asleep.

And compass too. If you wand to become strong you should start with finding a compass. Actual quote from lategame.

edgy character design
jk i did blackhaired memegirls
should I watch this?

:^) ;_;

*dig

I'm just wallowing in despair over how much I loved these past 2 episodes. I don't want to go back to Zestiria guys.

Best girl any week now.

Jesus fuck does it get any worse?

>round Sup Forumsnons
But I'm not fat.

Seres is Velvet's sister, Celica, who fell into the pit while she was pregnant. She got resurrected as a malak along with her unborn son, Laphicet (the one in the party)

That's so fucked up even for a Tales game

At least the ending isn't as fucked up as the rest of the game

Just wait for the actual game to come out, then. Everyone that's played it says it's the best Tales since Vesperia. Who knew that Baba really was the main thing holding Tales back from being great again?

How does it end ultimately?

She gets no good ending at all?

She got sealed along with her brother

Doesn't match the impressions I've read.
>boring, dull characters and interactions
>cutscenes often replaced by skits
>empty as fuck world
>garbage music again

It's a bittersweet ending.
Velvet seals herself away with her little brother for eternity while they dream of the life they could've had if everything didn't go to shit

That is an evil demon. Do not fap to evil demons.

Why is she so much better than Guts.

Those last three might be valid complaints but

>>boring, dull characters and interactions

Sounds like Sup Forums shitposting to me because the cast is the best we've had in a long time. And there's nothing there talking about the actual gameplay which is a blast, especially compared to the shitshow that was Zestiria.

Episode when?

Velvet is a handsome woman.

That's trolling, not a impression. The game isn't perfect, but it's still pretty darn good.

She and her actual brother spend eternally feeding off each other in an endless loop. She's the first Lord of Calamity and is feeding off her real brother's essence while her brother is feeding off her malevolence. Together they dream of a life where everything turned out normal with Artorius, Celcia, and Laphicet. Also Laphicet (the party one) is Maeloeus (duh).

Where did you read that?

Well fuck. It's still not related to Zestiria at all, right?

Majority of her dreams is her spending time with he brother alone though. With her party members and family only appearing in very few shots.

>boring, dull characters, and interactions
I hear the interactions are actually pretty good and so are the characters. Magilou is fun, Eizen and Rokuro are bros, Laphicet is an alpha, and Velvet isn't as edgy as she looks. Eleanor seems kinda boring though.

>cutscenes often replaced by skits
This is true for the most part. There are still cutscenes, but a lot of scenes that would have been cutscenes of people standing in a circle talking or just standing still talking are replaced with skits. Pick your poison.

>empty as fuck world
It's the near exact world as Zestiria, so yeah, all the troubles of that world are here as well

>garbage music again
Yeah, Sakuraba phoned it in hard with this game.

Still don't give two shits about her or her crew. I want Sorey and Mikleo's Excellent Adventure back. This pointless dawdling needs to end.

For what it's worth, those people were Talesfags and actually enjoyed the skits/character interactions the most in the older Tales games. But then again, stuff like that is very much a matter of personal taste.

2ch and import impressions on Neogaf.

It's a prequel, hence why the post mentions the first lord of calamity, malevolence, and Maelotus

It's not all bad other than knowing that Eizen's ending in the game is even worse due to the sidequest we know of in Zestiria.

Are people allowed to talk about Zestiria instead of Berseria in these threads already? I took a 2 week long break because Berseria doesn't interest me.

When I remember what happened to Eisen and Maotelus in Zestiria, I wish the two games weren't related.

People will forget about Berseria once we get Zestiria episodes back again.

Actual Talesfags should be chomping at the bits for this game because it's the best one we've gotten in a long time. Sounds like you took the most negative reception from shitposters and decided that was the consensus.

>Berseria doesn't interest me.
Tsundere is strong in you.

So Does Zestiria eventually free them or are they stuck in and endless loop forever?

Muppet will fugg Female Guts and heal her with the D

Are these gonna be spoiler threads now? If so I guess I can't discuss this show with Sup Forumsnons anymore.

>Yeah, Sakuraba phoned it in hard with this game.

I disagree. Some of the tracks are really good.
I heard Go Shiina was working on the game so the ones that are good might be his though.

Mikleo-kamui probably in this episode right?

It wasn't shitposting, though. A pretty common complaint among the Japs was that the party never builds any rapport, so al their interaction feels dry and bland. The drama and edge miss the mark because the players have no reason to care. The opposite view was that there's nothing wrong with characters being rather self-absorbed and indifferent, so you can see where the agreement/disagreement might be coming from.

But Zestiria came first, Berseria's characters weren't yet written when it came. The X may do something about that (or may not).

Yeah it'll be kinda hard to follow this thread without getting spoiled. You could always try to filter shit like Berseria, Velvet and such.

Wait until the episode gets actually aired before people start talking about it though.

I know japanese and have been playing it, the character interactions are by far better than any Tales in recent memories, the narrative as well.

>garbage music again
Really? What happened? I love his music.

>A pretty common complaint among the Japs was that the party never builds any rapport, so al their interaction feels dry and bland
But that's EXACTLY the opposite of what happens.

>The X may do something about that (or may not).
The X -> the cross -> the crossover.

Shiina only worked of Zestiria. The only songs I've like so far are the ones that are remixes of previous songs like the Xillia battle themes and Zaveid's theme.

>the party never builds any rapport, so al their interaction feels dry and bland. The drama and edge miss the mark because the players have no reason to care.
Are you Baba?

Still mad

That thing user said about skits replacing minor cutscenes is true. The other is mostly Sup Forums tier cherrypicking.
Personally I don't mind it, or I would say I prefer it htis way. The skit system has been revamped to be incredibly dynamic plus there are a lot of portrait even for NPC's like say Moana and Dyle I would say I even prefer it this way to in-engine cutscenes. 2D portraits by Ufotable sure beat the shoddy 3D models. But it's a matter of preferences.
You people say this about literally every new game Sakuraba works for, you have lost all credibility by now. It's okay to not like Sakuraba but that doesn't make his work shit.

I've been following the threads in futaba and 2ch and that's definitely not a common complain
Stop taking the words of some retarded anti as fact

>2D portraits by Ufotable

As far as I know Ufotable doesn't draw the portraits. It's one guy from Bamco's studio who does all the in-game drawings.

That's weird because the games with Production IG on the team and the ones with Ufotable have two distinct looks for their skit portraits.

>It wasn't shitposting
It must be because that's not a common complain in Japanese sites. And it doesn't even make sense since the characters actually build relationships and aren't particularly self-absorbed. The most self-absorbed was Velvet, and she gets over it at the 2/3 mark in the game.

It's true but I can't find the name of the guy who does the in-game portraits. I just find it weird that Ufotable would do anything other than the OP and animated cutscenes.

I want her to step on my dicks

>my dicks
>plural

One dick is never enough

>Sup Forums tier cherrypicking
Sup Forums loved the game. Source: I spent this week with them.

So was malevolence created in Berseria, or just had its rules changed?

>You people say this about literally every new game Sakuraba works for, you have lost all credibility by now.

Never heard people give Sakuraba shit for his work in the Dark Souls series and I heard good things about his work in Star Ocean 5. People only really give him shit for the Tales series, in which he confirmed in an interview that he doesn't get to really try out anything new in the Tales series due to higher ups telling him to dial it back.

That and I don't here people giving him grief about the Xillia 2 soundtrack either.

People only recently shat on his involvement with Zestiria (since all of his work in that game is easily overshadowed by Shiina's work) and Berseria (since the game doesn't really have any memorable songs unlike most Tales game).

I know they did, but that behavior of picking a problem with a game and blowing it out of proportion is typical of Sup Forums and 2ch.

According to Berseria, kegare is a natural product of the human ego. It's not some curse that someone created. It's a natural part of humanity in that world.

Oh great, it's like the shit in Xillia 2 that makes miasma happen.

So why do people and seraph turn into monsters if its natural?

It's a sexier Guts than can actually crack a joke sometimes

Because that's how thing work in that world.

If she's the first, unless someone got rid fo her, that means there might be two Lord of Calamities in zestiria?

I dont get it. If the brother is to fault for everything why does Velvet still go to kill Artorius if he did what brother wanted, and why is she happy to be sealed with him when he's the one to blame for her suffering? Does he even like her if he did that to her?

Now that I actually got to play the game I am not digging Velvet's outfit.
I like certain details like the cape but as a whole it's too much of a clusterfuck.
It might grow one me later, or I might switch to the Rutee or aidoru costume a few days from now.
Still not as bad as Sorey's costume.

Thats just retarded. "Its perfectly natural to turn into a rampaging dragon and need to be murdered". I'd understand if there used to be a way to fix these things that got lost or something

How do I disable comments on 10112

From what I read her brother sacrificed himself thinking it would stop the gouma disease altogether, which wasn't true. That and when he came back he came back fucked up and corrupted by malevolence. Think of Jade's teacher or the Homonculus in FMA.

5 mins

get in here niggas

There's a load of ingame costumes you can switch to as well.

She's still sealed away during Zesteria though. Also, "Lord of Calamity" is just a title Velvet herself coined. There's nothing special about it.

>I dont get it.
Both Artorius and her brother were in it together. And she's happy to be sealed away because she still loves him, and also because she saved the world. She could have killed him, but he was linked to the other Laphicet (the one in your party) so if he died, Laphicet would too. So sealing him away was the only choice for Velvet. So she's happy she saved Laphicet and the world.

It was Velvet who gave Laphicet the mission of cleanse the land from malevolence. Laphicet becomes Maotelus to fulfil Velvet's wish.

>Thats just retarded.
You think like that just because the logic of your world is different.

Dragons.

YES GAYSHIP IS BACK.
FUCK OFF EDGY MOTHERFUCKERS.