So what's your excuse for not having watched all Gundam shows yet?

So what's your excuse for not having watched all Gundam shows yet?

>inb4 boo hoo it's too long

Fuck off. You have plenty of time you could use to watch anime instead of shitposting on Sup Forums. You don't even get to call yourself an anime fan if you haven't watched Gundam.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tZafoK4Ne5w
youtube.com/watch?v=a6cyjf0U9mU
youtu.be/nKqs1JLDbp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I got about twenty or so episodes into the original but I didn't really like it.

Gundam is just for nostalgia-faqs these days

People are divided on the original, I personally enjoyed it but it certainly feels aged if you watch it now. I'd advise you to watch the compilation movies and move on to Zeta if you don't feel like finishing.

I watched 2 episodes of ZZ and I've been procrastinating for almost 1 year now

I watched the first 3 episodes of Wing, it was shit apart from the great OP and ED.

I have. Gundam is the best anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=tZafoK4Ne5w
youtube.com/watch?v=a6cyjf0U9mU

I watched the original, Wing, SEED and 00 and the only one I enjoyed was 00 purely for the visuals. I just don't think mecha is the genre for me, and Gundam series are too fucking long.

You probably would have enjoyed it more if you picked good Gundam shows to watch instead. Wing and Seed are universally recognized as bad.

I knew that from the start, but they are stand alone series so unless I want to watch hundreds of episodes in chronological order to get to the most highly praised stuff, they're all I can watch to get an idea of it. I watched the original too and didn't like it at all, so it's obviously just not to my taste.

I only like Original Char.

It's boring Transformers shit with obnoxious Mary Sues and constant whining about how war is bad. People only give a shit about it because of nostalgia and brand recognition. When it comes to mecha, TTGL is the way to go.

But I have.
Except IBO, got like 10 episodes in but it became unbearable to me for some reason.

I like what they did with Char in Zeta.

They fully acknowledged his story was meant to end in the final episode of 79. He had nothing to live for after his job was done, and war was all he was ever good at. Everyone who ever said that Char is full of shit about ideals, and in reality just likes war, was correct. Because he failed to die after destroying Zeon, he would inevitably become everything he hated.

Because all the Gundams I watched that aren't War in the Pocket and Thunderbolt feel too slow and and long and could easily be reduced by at least 1 cour of length.
There's also too much retardation happening, I get it, it's war and people don't always make the best decisions, but Gundam goes overboard with it.
Also, everytime I feel like watching a Gundam show, I'm left totally exhausted and not wanting to watch any mecha for a while.

I'm in the process. Finished almost all of early UC and am working on the alternate timelines now.

Should I watch Turn A, Wing, 00 or G Gundam first?

I keep forgetting about it. By the time I realize I'm already rewatching my favorite anime for the 666th time.

because outside of universal century, most of it is kinda shit.
The only big selling point these days is that they still hand draw most of the mechs.

It was always boring to me. Only ones I came close to liking were G for "shining finger!" and SD gundam for being so weird and out of place. I like just about any mecha series more.
TTGL, Eva, escaflowne, full metal panic (not by much) all more enjoyable for me. It probably doesn't help that I find most gundam designs unappealing and the fights dull.
Try escaflowne if you want something serious or TTGL for comedy/feels. you might come around.

I prefer quality over quantity, more short story's from the early to mid UC would be fantastic.
There's too much time faffing about in the main series for my liking but people will always call that "much character development"
It's not impossible to have charactets develop over the space of a short ova or movie, it's just almost all the gundam series are written like shit or suffer from production issues.

I steer away from really big names so that when I run out of things to watch I can just watch those. I still haven't watched GitS and some other things.

You see they're characterfags so they want time to get attached to the characters so they'll care about whatever developments there are, and not just judge how good or bad they were.
Not a bad outlook in the sense that it enables maintaining interest in the 30-year-old 50-episode anime.

>all
I only watched Thunderbolt.
I don't think I'll be watching the rest though.

I'm not going to lie. I didn't realize Quattro was Char for a while.

>All gundam shows
Even the most hardcore Gundam nerd hates at least half of Gundam series.

Don't get me wrong that's the bet part of the show, but it doesn't excuse all the dead weight you get with the longer a episode count, especially when it's not particularly well written in the first place.
Movies manage just fine with less than two hours.
As you can probably tell I'm not a huge fan of Long running series.

I like Gundam but mostly just the UC. I was liked that each entry was a steady progression of years in between, or would go back in fill in some part of the time between the main entries

In the originals defense, it came from a different era when having a long episode count was pretty much a requirement and the staff was beholden to a cororate sponsor

i just finished Try so yeah
every piece of translated gundam media is watched/heard/readed/played

>Zakus wrecking GMs
fucking hell everyone at sunrise is a zeek lover nowadays

what a fucking pleb

I really liked SEED Destiny.

>TTGL, Eva, escaflowne, full metal panic (not by much) all more enjoyable for me. It probably doesn't help that I find most gundam designs unappealing and the fights dull.
welcome to 2016 Sup Forums

I watched 079 and Zeta super quick because they were so enjoyable. Now I am nine episodes and two months into ZZ and still can't sit down and watch multiple episodes. It's so goofy compared to the other two.

Giant robots are for retards.

>So what's your excuse for not having watched all Gundam shows yet?

Because Tomino Gundams are fucking trash. When he was working on G-Reco he had the most experience, budget, and influence to do whatever he wanted and it still turned out shit.

As someone who forced himself through 0079, ZZ and Zeta because /m/ convinced me they were actually good, I can say without a benefit of a doubt that Tomino is a fraud and the only reason why Gundam had any success is because of how novel the idea was. It had nothing to do with the actual skill behind the execution of the ideas.

Finished original series, in the middle of finishing Zeta.

After ZZ I'll watch compilation movies and on to Char's Counterattack.

After that I'll either follow production order, either mix it up by following both some of the older and newer shows.

AGE sucks.

0079: 10/10
Zeta: strong 4/10
ZZ: strong 7 to light 8/10
Victory: strong 7/10

0080: strong 9/10
0083: strong 6/10
08th: light 2/10

CCA: strong 7/10
F91: light 9/10

Because it's fucking shit. I'm stuck at ZZ because it's awful. Tomino is a hack.

Zeta started out to me as a 4/10, but I gradually was warming up to it and it crawled to a solid 7/10 to me.

While I was actually gradually losing interest in original as I was going along. I think when idea of New Types was presented it was an especially downhill moment to me.

Because I grew utterly sick of it? I just don't care to watch every new AU they toss out. 00 was the last. I can handle taking in every new UC oav they toss out, but fuck watching yet another 50 episodes about the same type of story, again.

I'm watching it slowly but surely. I take at least a month break in between each series though.

I watched everything up to Seed and after Age but I really don't feel these two.

> majority of Japs haven't seen original
Is Gundam Godfather of anime?

I've watched a good number of them, at least.

I have the original Zeta and ZZ downloaded and still in my backlog that I've been avoiding just because of episode count, but I've watched pretty much everything else that's not Seed, Turn A or Reconguista,

And I at least saw bits and pieces here and there of the original Gundam back when it was on Toonami all those years ago.

Gouf is best mobile-suit-fu

youtu.be/nKqs1JLDbp4

When I go finally got around to 0079 I thought I'd have the hardest time keeping interest.
But it turned out that, apart from a few reaaally boring fillers, it kept me hooked till the end.
The pacing was much better than I expected.

My excuses are that mecha is not good and I don't want to watch it.

>episode about how Amuro's mom would rather see her son in danger than be dangerous is followed by ALL WEAPONS ARE EVIL AND WORLD WOULD BE BETTER WITHOUT THEM
Episode 15 really has no right to exist.

I'm watching other Tomino shows right now like Xabungle.

I'll summarize all of gundam for you in one picture,so you don't have to watch it.

Logh is better. Also, SeeD is shit. Gundam Wing is cool tho and pretty redpilled

I kind of thought that the show would focus more on Gundam martial arts after that episode.