SHAFT to animate NisiOisin's Zaregoto as OVAs

No idea about the full staff but this at least gives something away: zaregoto-series.com/audio/bgm.mp3

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-19/zaregoto-anime-project-is-ova-debuting-on-october-26/.105545

> The video mentioned that the volume shipping on October 26 is "Vol. 1."

Other urls found in this thread:

madogatari.jp/
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=48814
grev.g.hatena.ne.jp/keyword/lightnovelnumbers
youtube.com/watch?v=mYXusSjThKk
lightnovel.g.hatena.ne.jp/REV/20091013/p1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

based Shaft

The next Madogatari event is pretty big.

>new Madoka concept movie
>PV for 3lion
>PV for Zaregoto
>surprise box

>those character designs
WHYYYYYY.
I know it's Nisioisin and Shaft but does everything have to look like Monogatari now?
I wish White Fox did this instead. Their designs and adaptation of Katanagatari was perfect.

Cry more

>those designs
Terrible.

It's my favorite Nisio series.

Very happy.

>LN

Just fuck off shaft

Is Watanabe adapting the designs again?

Nice.

Yes, but for some reason some people keep forgetting the "again" part

when is it?

Hopefully they give Kamiya the main role.

madogatari.jp/

Because literally one trick pony.

> SHAFT
> more head tilts
> Yuki Kajiura soundtrack
Tell me what is wrong with this? That's right, nothing.

hype!

Just give me Hidamari S5 already.

I love the Momogatari look.

I like Kajiura, I like SHAFT, and I like Watanabe, but this is just like the laziest way to make something.
Kajiura is too flamboyant for something like Zaregoto and isn't there because she fits, she's there because her name sells. Also, she's getting way too repetitive.
Then you get these designs by Watanabe. While Zaregoto is quirky and colorful, it isn't sparkly at all. These are full of sparkle, for a girl with low empathy and a boy who's essentially a void.
I've got anything against headtilts, in a way I see 'em fitting in Zaregoto, but some decisions are just plain infuriating, even more if you spent years waiting for an adaptation to get this thing that seems devoid of love or vision, just the product to sell that it is. Animation is a market after all, but it stills make me mad.

Trying so hard.

Oh man, I can't wait for another thread full of bitching about the same shit. We can't possibly wait until more info is out to have something new to discuss about.

I care too much about anime. That's why I'm back in Sup Forums

>Kajiura

Erased OST was the best OST this year.

Can't wait to see her work for Zaregoto and I bet she will also do the soundtrack for that new Fate anime in 2017.

The jazz song from Big Order is better than the whole Erased OST. I can't even remember a single track from it.

>Big Order
>OST

So who's getting the camrip for the PV?

>from the author of a spin-off cashgrab from another series
Wow. They actually printed that shit?

Kajiura is pretty good.

Would also love if Shaft will work with kotringo again in the future.

>I wish White Fox did this instead.
I swear I'm going to kill the next person that says this.

Sorry user, you're right. I'll calm down and wait.
Anyway having a Zaregoto anime is still good news, no matter how much I dislike it. It might mean new or faster translations (or even Ningen ones, who knows) and that's great. It'll also serve as an alright gateway for getting friends into it, even if it gets wrongly done.

Caring about proper direction for a series isn't trying too hard. Shaft's worst aspect is how everything they add to their shows is a fucking gimmick. After Bake, all of their shows have the same gimmicky style because they think people like monogatari just because of that style, and they disregard the original spirit of the source material. That way of making shows is just cheap and I can't respect that. A director that cares about their art would pay attention to each individual work as unique, instead of following the same set of gimmicks every time.

>After Bake, all of their shows have the same gimmicky style because they think people like monogatari just because of that style, and they disregard the original spirit of the source material

nice meme

Not even Kizu looks like Bake.

Watched its PV in Kizumonogatari showing in japan.

Music was really good.

>Can't wait to see her work for Zaregoto and I bet she will also do the soundtrack for that new Fate anime in 2017.
Already confirmed for Heaven's Feel.

Looks like shaft alright.

I like that Shaft works with Kajiura, Satoru Kousaki and Yukari Hashimoto on their next anime.

Putting out such strong OSTs for their shows is one of Shaft's strong points.

Shaft isn't going to leave the comfort zone for a long time.

Did they show any other characters?

>I've got anything against headtilts, in a way I see 'em fitting in Zaregoto
yeah? because in the books it says "he/she tilted her head" tons of times

I haven't read Kubikiri cycle, so I don't know who is who. But I saw they introduce some super duper genius and super duper girl who has godlike taste and flavor sense or like that doing some detective thing with headless body in a lone island.

how long was the PV? this is the biggest question i have. was it in the 10-20 seconds range or a minute or so?

Is better than Erased's, yes.

>White Fox is better
>Big Order's OST is better

What people say just to troll

That was back when no one in the West knew who Nisio is.

20-30 seconds i remember, it was short

Were there just artworks or real anime footage?

latter

I read them long ago, now that you say so, I've checked my copy of Kubishime and you may be right.

*39位/*39位 (***,375 pt) [*,**2予約] 16/10/26 クビキリサイクル 青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 1(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]

Jesus christ, you faggots can't live without your numbers.

well i'm halfway through hitokui magical right now, and it's been said at least 5 times, especially when it comes to hime chan

is this good or bad? in the other threads i usually just understand these depending on where they are in the list, but i can't understand this on it's own

It's solved then, thanks.

Might as well ask, has anyone translated the novel after volume 5?

It's quite good.

Zaregoto was neither that popular of a LN series nor do we know anything about the anime.

It's decent for something that was announced just a few days ago without showing anything other than one visual.

Also looking at the extras. Amazon got the short stick there.

What sales?

Volume 6 was started, but not much has been translated and the last update was in march.

Hopefully the anime will motivate the translators and maybe even give us Ningen and Saikyou translations.

On previous threads I saw people talking how Zaregoto was really popular during its run. Which is it goddamit?

you're really missing out, the 6th one is probably the best one in the series as far as i've read.

I hope they adapt Zerozaki Soushiki no Ningen Shiken

I want Okitegami Kyouko to be animated

>Zaregoto was neither that popular of a LN series
Zaregoto was insanely popular, dude. It topped the Kono Light Novel wa Sugoi! list for years.

there's no need, the live action was wonderful.

Wasn't the live action almost entirely original content?

It was mediocre, but that's pretty fitting for the mediocre book series it's based on.

Sensei...

LNs never sold well.

>SHAFT to animate NisiOisin's Zaregoto as OVAs
Good, now do a reprint of the first volume already.

source?

>The series was a bestseller, and grew in popularity as it went on. While the first volume debuted at number eight on the novel charts,[24] the final volume debuted at number one[25] and remained at the top for three weeks.

Only in the West.

>While the first volume debuted at number eight on the novel charts
i refuse to believe that. the first one was shit, and made by a literally who author back then

myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=48814

>no Zaregoto

The Japanese source that it linked to does have it. Higher than the Monogatari series, even.

grev.g.hatena.ne.jp/keyword/lightnovelnumbers

youtube.com/watch?v=mYXusSjThKk

I'm interested in seeing how they will adapt it, with all the unreliable narrator shit.

Sales aren't very stunning though.

Just like Monogatari.

Welp, I'm dissapointed now. Sasuga Shaft

>no new IP

Monogatari didn't have that much unreliable narrator (Koimonogatari is the only example I can think of it being used extensively).

JK Rowling was a literally who when she wrote Harry Potter.

>dat Shinbo storyboard

good shit

>the more I watch shaft the less special Bakemonogatari and Madoka feel.
Happened with Kyoani, happened with Shaft
At least Imaishi directs an anime every 5-6 years with a different character designer each time.

If the difference in content can be compared between the Live Action and the manga, then the original content is quite good, since I enjoyed the live action way more than I am enjoying the manga, but the manga has a cute and nice artstyle.

Character designs look generic, they should have based them on Take's illustrations.

TTGL and P&S had the same character designer.

What? The entire series is basically unreliable narrator. Neko, medusa, oni, all of owari. Ougi basically exists because she's sick of all of araragi's forgetful bullshit.

I was sure P&S had a different character designer. It doesn't matter though, since TTGL and P&S look completely different and that was my implicit point.

Nope.

> new Madoka concept movie
But why? Let it go.

To be fair, I'd say there is a difference in how faithful you need to be to LN cover art and manga art.

That site is ancient and hasn't been updated for ages. Zaregoto hit the 2 million mark back 2009.

lightnovel.g.hatena.ne.jp/REV/20091013/p1

We have no idea what it is now. Zerozaki series average like 68k per volume, which is successful by regular author's standard, but only average for Sup Forums's standard.

Zaregoto's original highest sale version was non-bunko version (from 2002-2005), and back then 2ch's sale thread hasn't even been created yet (2006). Nobody has the old data.

>But why? Let it go.
Rebellion opened the doors for a sequel. As long as it doesn't suck I'm fine with it.
But it will suck and you know it.
What a way to make a zombie franchise.

14, *,103,058 Zerozaki Clan vol.7
15, *,102,275 Zerozaki Clan vol.4
16, *,*99,486 Zerozaki Clan vol.5
17, *,*96,730 Zerozaki Clan vol.6

I'd be suprised if the first 3 sold less than these considering they were released during zaregoto's height in popularity and these 4 were released 5 years after the last volume