Ghost in the Shell thread? Ghost in the Shell thread

Ghost in the Shell thread? Ghost in the Shell thread.

What do you guys think of Arise? I've only seen two episodes, both in Japanese with subtitles. I'm wondering if I should continue?

I know sometimes it can take time for GitS to work its magic but I loved Stand Alone Complex and 2nd Gig almost immediately, and most of the movies are decent.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm1525260/)
sign.site/koukaku_vr/en/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-24/ghost-in-the-shell-the-new-movie-virtual-reality-diver-2d-3d-teasers-streamed/.95732
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Saved

i want to be inner that universe

>Saved
I posted the sexiest pic I had that wasn't naked.

She's really the perfect woman. Strong, smart, sexy, flirtatious, funny, tech minded. What more do you want?

>she

no

bamp

I don't think Arise is really worthwhile. It pales in comparison to SAC or the movies. But I hate all the character designs so much in that show that it colors my opinions a bit.

That, and changing the Major's backstory from the perfectly plausible and reasonable "was in a plane crash as a child and had to go full prosthetic to survive" to the completely ridiculous "I never had a body, I had to be cyberized IN THE WOMB!!!" was just unnecessary.

Sounds like we're on the same page.

Maybe, I'm just really conservative but I think a fetus is a bit young to start upgrading your body with cybernetic hardware.

soon

The Production I.G. panel at AX 2016 confirmed that the original OST from the anime movie is also the OST for the live action, no original score is being composed for the live action. That and both Kenji Kawaii & Mamoru Oshii are both directly involved in the production of the film.

>hollywood made the right choices
so now i am in a new universe somehow

>The Production I.G. panel at AX 2016 confirmed that the original OST from the anime movie is also the OST for the live action, no original score is being composed for the live action.

Dunno how I feel about this.

>That and both Kenji Kawaii & Mamoru Oshii are both directly involved in the production of the film.

This can either be a good or bad thing.

it shit if you watch it episode to episode but if you get the chance to marathon it and the movie it all fits together nicely. not the best but adequate
its the pacing

Mamoru Oshii is a Scarletfag, that's why he's involved in the film's production. Rather than merely give Hollywood the blessing. Since Kenji scored the original film, he's along with Oshii to help the director with visual cues and other transitional elements to fit with the music, especially since there's no original score for the film.

The other thing they confirmed was that they have tried to limit CGi use to only areas of the film that absolutely need them, and also worked on minimally using digital touch-ups for other parts of the film. Otherwise, most of the scene/setting is actual prop work and location; which is mostly New Zealand and Manila/South Asian locations.

I have been on the fence the entire time of this film, but I'll go see it now given and see how it turns out.

On one final point, though I'd take this with a grain of salt as my memory is a little fuzzy on this. But, Maki-san (imdb.com/name/nm1525260/) hinted at the possibility of the Tachikoma would be present in the film at some point.

How you like live action Batou guise?

All he's missing are the eyes and I'd say it wasn't that far off.

Needs to shave and get the eyes.

DIRE QUESTION!
Have they said anything on if the film will be rated r or of they will sexualize the major at all?

>both in Japanese with subtitles
Did you also watch them on a screen?

PG-13. No R. Hollywood wanted a PG-13. Production I.G. compromised with PG-13, while not conceding on music, art direction, and the fact that the movie would NOT take place in New York.

God fucking damn it.
Mabye they will still give us the skin tight skin suit, just with no nipples.

The movie is still going to be shit though.

Why is Motoko so perfect?

Not too bad. I think if he had shades that looked like Batou's "Usual" eyes it would've been a good compromise to his normal design, but whatever.

>the possibility of the Tachikoma would be present in the film at some point.
They better have adorable robot voices and hint at thinking about philosophy.

I've enjoyed the game, even if it's largely a vanilla online FPS, mostly because the voicework all being from the original cast. Plus, Terminal Capture is the best version of king of the hill mode I've ever played.

She's so number nine.

Because she has pretty much everything you could want from a woman:

>gorgeous body
>hair/face structure is sexy
>purple hair/red eyes is a pretty nice combo
>smart
>sarcastic and witty
>cares about her subordinates
>confident and assertive

Obligatory.

Stop this

motoko is basically a sexbot awaiting her sexbot programming

If they only kept it in its own closed off universe rather than trying to tie it into the manga, it would have been alright rather than meh as it is now.

Uh??? source

i wanna see scarjo make the face

Wow that actually sounds KIND of promising. I really don't want to raise my expectations though especially with that godawful Batou casting and costume.

Scarjo ain't shit. The best would have been Sigourney Weaver, alebit younger. Live Action will always be shit though. Save for the Speed Racer movie, I guess it wasn't terrible.

What do you think she'd do to you if her inhibitors were shut off?

Someone shoop the eyes for research purposes

>and the fact that the movie would NOT take place in New York
Can't believe they had to contest this. This movie is going to be fucking stupid.

That'd be cool.

I was there. When they were talking about Ghost in The Shell, we had Maki-san who is the VP of Production at IG on the right and Ari Arad, who is producing/directing Ghost in The Shell Live Action.

Move is shot mostly in New Zealand. Originally it was going to take place in New York, but Production I.G. was adamant that it wouldn't be set in NYC.

Production I.G. is releasing a VR version of a 15 minute full CGi short of Ghost in the Shell on the android store. Maki-san had the Gear VR in her hands at the time of that announcement, you can see the poster for it much clearly in this shot. This shot also took place later, where after they were done talking about Kabaneri S2, GiTS and a new Netflix sponsored Murder/Mystery Thriller anime they're working on; and now wanted to talk about FLCL Season 2 and 3--made in the same style as FLCL. They also mentioned that budget wise it would have the same or more money allocated to it, so the crazy and high quality animation style would be retained.

VR info & teaser: sign.site/koukaku_vr/en/

Other info here: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-24/ghost-in-the-shell-the-new-movie-virtual-reality-diver-2d-3d-teasers-streamed/.95732

God did they have to fuck up her bangs that hard in Arise

Glad they fixed it at the VERY END of TNM, but that doesn't excuse having to put up with it for 5 OVAs and a full length film.

Because she's incredible math

>Sigourney Weaver
>not Lauren Holly
C'mon now user

Just a lithium flower about to bloom.

BEEF HAMHOCK
SLATE FISTCRUNCH

Gotta love the filename they decided to give this particular banner

Once it comes out for Oculus Rift, someone will patch it for the HTC Vive and we'll be in business.

>long hair
who the fuck is that

>1911
but why?

I'm thinking to give it a try, is it any good?

I want to _hug Motoko.

I think I'm the only one who didn't mind Arise's designs. I went back and watched the original movie and it's interesting to see each generations take on technology and diving. Everything was analogish in the first movie, and obviously modernizing as the series progressed. To get into the net in SAC it seemed you at least needed to be plugged in physically, while arise went full wifi.

I want to have mutual respect with Motoko.

She practically did the whole shota scene before it even came out

SAC is still more sensible than Arise is when it comes to diving. A hard line is fundamentally more secure than a dive over air. It's why we have airgapped networks and SCIFs for classified information stores.

To look cool lolz

But really, we're talking about the same Major who willingly chose the weaker female prosthetic just to stay stylish.

It was wifi in SAC as well, they just used cables a lot because they didn't want people intercepting their communications, or needed dummy barriers so their brains don't get fried.

Is PS2 SAC any good?

the game? Yes

How does it play?

man, I played it like ten years ago, I don't remember almost nothing, try taking a look on gameplays, but I remember that I liked it a lot

You're right. I only skimmed a few episodes recently, otherwise it's been a while since I've watched SAC. Now that I think about it, when the major was shot, she brought her consciousness into the net before her body died, and wasn't hooked in then. I think? Like I said, it's been a while but I plan on rewatching. Just need to find good subs.

This.

Kusanagi is CUTE!! cute

She can be, yes.

I love this artist's Motoko. I don't even see her in a lewd way, I just want to cuddle with her.

I want to drink coffee with her at the Time of Eve.

I want to go bar-hoping with her after a long, hard day at the office.

Movie Major has always been my favourite design

Sounds lovely.

I dig movie Major's design, but SAC Major has always been my favorite because of dat husky dub voice.

HIGH TEST
I
G
H

T
E
S
T

Pick your favorite

>dub is a reason to prefer SAC
I mean this is one of the exceptional good dubs, but even then the voices have nothing to do with the design or character.

Yeah I'll take the one that looks like fucking Solid Snake

Seriously Kojima is a hack

Come to think of it it, she kinda does.

In retrospect, this was a pretty stupid idea. She could have waited for back up.

I've seen a few similarities between GITS and MGS. Ep 7 of SAC in particular seems like a pretense to the cloned perfect soldier motif of MGS.

Then there's 2nd Gig, with Gota being similar to Skull Face. Kojima definitely got ideas while watching GITS.

plot instrument plus Oshii is a dumbass

MGS isn't as tech heavy as GitS but at the same time I'm always getting that vibe from it, feels very akin to it.

B-But I can't have kids!

Ayy batou always get cucked

Ironically, Revy would find the Major to be insufferable.

can he say "EVEN ELECTRONIC BRAIN PANCAKE CRYSTAL ELDERLY"?

wut

Have you played MGS4? Every little story nuance was basically nano machines.

>read spoiler
>remembered why
>laughed out loud

FUCKING HADENA

Manga Motoko will always be best. She was fun!
- She took section 9 to strip clubs after missions.
-Referred to Aramaki as "ape face"
-Had a boyfriend who she fucked on the regular. and was implied that they went at it often and made quite a bit of noise (i imagine the noise being his girlish screams as a 1000+ pound cyborg mounts and rides him hard)
-Had two lesbo girl friends that she had virtual lesbian sex with, and that was her "side business"
-Hacked a prime minister's cyber brain and made him punch himself in the face after he pissed her off
-actually smiled and kid around with people

She did actually start acting "robotic" until that whole puppet master thing happened.

Compare this to the anime version, robotic as fuck

>People thinking this will be good

You poor, poor souls

You misunderstand user. I don't expect it to be good. I'm very cautious about this movie. But I have slightly more faith that it won't be an absolute train wreck based on the AX 2016 Production I.G. panel.

Not the manga version

Tie between SAC season 2 and original movie for first

second original manga

Third SAC season 1

The others can go in any other order really, but Arise is definitely last. She's not attractive to me and they got rid of her perky, but stronk body.

Avi Arad is involved. That is a big red flag for me. Among other things

Yes. I'm aware of that. But Oshii & Kawaii are both personally involved in the project. So, it's a bit more comforting. I hope it will fail, so that they don't attempt it further.

Maki-san confirmed at the IG panel, that if GiTS was successful; they'd like to make sequels to it.