Top Tier:

Top Tier:
Kunihiko Ikuhara, Hideaki Anno, Isao Takahata, Mamoru Oshii, Satoshi Kon, Hayao Miyazaki

High Tier:
Shinichiro Watanabe, Naoko Yamada, Masaaki Yuasa, Osamu Dezaki, Takashi Nakamura, Yasuhiro Imagawa, Tatsuya Oishi, Kenji Nakamura, Yamamoto Sayo

Good Tier:
Keiichi Hara, Katsuhiro Otomo, Koji Morimoto, Mitsu Iso, Gisaburo Sugii, Mamoru Hosoda, Hiroyuki Imaishi, Akiyuki Shinbo, Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Takeshi Koike, Yoh Yoshinari

OK Tier:
Takuya Igarashi, Hiroyuki Okiura, Junichi Sato, Rintaro, Ryutaro Nakamura, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Rie Matsumoto, Yasuhiro Takemoto, Tsutomu Mizushima, Yasuhiro Yoshiura

Medicore Tier:
Seiji Mizushima, Junji Nishimura, Makoto Shinkai, Ei Aoki, Noboru Ishiguro, Tatsuya Ishihara, Yutaka Yamamoto, Tatsuyuki Nagai, Goro Taniguchi, Shoji Kawamori

Yuasa > Ikuhara, as proven by every non-Utena thing Ikuhara has ever done.

Surprisingly OP is very reasonable.

Also where are Nagahama and Mochizuki?

This list is always dumb as fuck, because people always just edit it and keep most of the same names even though they almost surely haven't seen more than one or two works, if any, by many of them.

>Ishiguro in Mediocre tier
>Rintaro in OK tier

>Rie Matsumoto in the okay tier
>No Tatsuya Oishi, Hiroshi Kobayashi, or Yuki Yase

but why

sauce for pic?

Here to save anime tier:
Yutaka Yamamoto

Not him, but neither of them are all that great, honestly. Rintaro in particular - unless you really love gloomy/ominous lighting and clumsy story structures, his work is pretty unremarkable on the whole.

This is your director tonight.

This. He's in the same vein as people like Obari, massively overrated by "muh oldschool manime" types and would be better off relegated to an animation director position where he could limit himself to the things he's actually good at.

Same as imaishi.

Move :
Otomo two categories up
Dezaki, Yuasa, Sugii, Hosoda : one up each
Ikuhara : two down

And you'll be ok.

>hosoda
>above ikuhara
Kill yourself

Top tier directors also the most bipolar

Hosoda can tell clear and well thoroughly thought stories. Ikuhara can't

Hosoda has proven to be shit when left to his own devices. As a storyteller Ikuhara is miles above him and still good, while Hosoda has become utterly mediocre.

Along with Yoshinari and Sugii.

Who is the semen demon about to receive a bullet in the face?

>No Kenichi Kasai in top tier

OP is a pleb

REEEEE im still salty of how this movie that had so big potential became shit just after an hour

Takemoto Yasuhiro deserves to be in good tier. The way he directs is leagues above anyone in kyoani.

What? Yoshinari and Imaishi aren't oldschool, and I don't see why you'd want Sugii relegated to animation director, that's hardly his main strength. Are you just naming random people you don't like?

>Otomo two categories up
Definitely not. I'm not sure I'd even move him one up. He's got some flashy scenes but isn't all that great at actually putting an anime together - the flow and transitions don't work all that well, his appeal is really just in bursts of stylish animation.

>Yase
Why? I like him and im a big shaftfag but there are at least 4 other people working there that are far better than him.

Honestly, have you seen Cannon fodder and Hi no Youjin? I'm curious to know whether someone who's seen them could have an opinion like yours. Do you think anyone in the industry other than him has the craftsmanship and creativity to make this kind of work ?

He's certainly their best director, this list will always be trash though. Doesn't matter how often OP posts it.

I haven't seen Hi no Youjin, but Cannon Fodder wasn't all that great to me. I guess that has at least as much to do with his writing as with his directing (the aesthetic was creative and all, but it just didn't deliver for me), but I'd take Magnetic Rose over it any day.

>this list will always be trash
It's pretty spot-on in some places though.

Its just a list of the most notable and well known directors rightfully so. Ranking them is easy. Its just about taste.