Is there even another contender for anime of the season?

Is there even another contender for anime of the season?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MLYjMKEySsc
youtube.com/watch?v=VImqCHPKaRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd consider it AOTS. Saiki is my personal favorite but that's purely because it's hilarious, the visuals aren't anything special.

Episode 5 is one of my favorite anime episodes in general.

I don't watch this anime, but fanbase is retarded and cancerous. Also this anime has a very small fanbase.

Amanchu and DiU

>Is there even another contender for anime of the season?
Re:Zero
Diamond is Unbreakable
New Game

But Mob is a great show.

>Re:Zero
What, really? I discarded it because of the premise and the pastel hair. What's good about it?

MobPsycho100 is hanging out with Time Travel Shoujo in that it is much better than the labeling on the tin would suggest.

Would say its in the running for best surprise of the season but not AOTS.

Biggest disappointment of the season for me was Battery. Dropped first ep. Hope the dick MC throws a hit parade.

Probably not.

Edgy garbage that's only good for shock value, you're not missing out.

At least personally, 91 Days is my AOTS so far.

Daily reminder to sage faggots like OP

The first two episodes were great. After that it just went downhill. The writing appears to too unfocused, there is no clear direction, new characters are tossed in every episode without any sense of purpose. The music is really repetitive and boring. It's easily the lamest Kenji Kawai score to date.

This

I mean it's kinda edgy, but it's fun, at least for me.

>biggest disappointment is a series I didn't actually watch
Battery is good unless you were after some generic baseball shounen like DnA or Ookiku. It's a slow paced, fairly mature character drama that's thankfully without constant, dragged out games or training for a change. And it's pretty obvious that a character being a dick at the start means character development later on.

seem like you were expecting ghostbuster of the week stuff. Sorry to disappoint you but mob psycho 100 is a coming of age story and every character shown so far serve it purpose and you just missed the whole point of the show if thats how you interpret it.

It's not even the best psychic anime this season.

You right OP honestly nothing this season came close at all 91 days is second close but thats it.

Not even the best psychic comedy show this season

nah, the power gap between those two is too much.

> psychic comedy
funny that you have to put comedy there just to justified going againts mob psycho.

>the quality of the show depends on which MC is stronger

You sound like a one-punchfag.

>power gap
Sup Forums

Jesus christ, this looks cheap as fuck. Now I'm glad I didn't give this a chance.

ONE's "art"work looks even cheaper.

>The writing appears to too unfocused, there is no clear direction, new characters are tossed in every episode without any sense of purpose.
This has to be a bait. Only legitimate retards with comprehension deficit would not see the plot being set up with each episode.

>It's easily the lamest Kenji Kawai score to date
Are you serious? It's easily his best in recent years. Theres lots of variety, from eastern-styled comedy tracks, to orchestral pieces, to eastern-synth-rock songs, to Mongolian throat singing, and even to harmonica music. It fits Mob so well with its ghastly yet silly vibe.

meme psyco is godawful, so no.

trash anime. It's Re:zero tier. Both memeshow with shitty fanbase. At least Re:Zero have better art and animation.

What is Planetarian.

Oh wait, no one fucking watched it.

>discount gintama
I dunno man. I feel jaded about this series for its gag style is too comparable with its superior predecessor.

Well, it is a series of shorts.

(Me)

Oh look, it's the faggot who likes Gintama because of muh references

mob spycho is fucking PSICK

>New Game
How many anime with this exact premise has been made? Not even gonna comment about Re: Zero.

kek
nice one

>reading comprehension.
production value, compelling depth character, engaging narrative, artistic merit, animation fluidity, charming VA, all of that stuff you nimrod.

Thanks for the (You), assblasted casualfag

Funny how ONE scribble manage to stole my heart rather than bland, jaded, generic design of Saiki.

>lesser OPM
>good

Or it's just you seeing a plot being set up. You know that a 6 episodes setup for a hypothetical future event that has never been foreshadowed or teased, in a 12 episodes series, is suicidal amateurish shit writing, right?

I didn't hear any of that. Either it's just forgettable or you're talking about that one track which has everything you described, and is being repeated at least 3 times every episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=MLYjMKEySsc

>judging comedy by anything except the comedy
A comedy can be cheap, ugly, barely animated, with no plot at all and it can still be 10/10 if the humour is 10/10. It should be judged on an entirely different scale to most anime, especially because overly detailed art often detracts from comedy. Saiki is fucking hilarious and that's all it needs.

On the other hand, while Mob is funny too, it's more action/plot oriented so it also needs to be judged on the animation.

ONE? Please bruvs, I'm desperate for something watchable.

>hypothetical future event that has never been foreshadowed or teased
God damn I fucking hate anime-only fag who thinks he knows what he's talking about.

But I'll bite.
>what is the OP
>what is the Mob's explosion counter
>what is Ritsu's obsession with psychic
>what is Mob's and Ritsu's childhood trauma
>what is Dimple's scheme

Its a character driven story you dipshit every event that happened or will happened correlate with Mob development as a character. This nigga made a very concise point if you still doesnt get it.
youtube.com/watch?v=VImqCHPKaRw

At most, that track is only repeated once each episode, and it only ever plays when Mob explodes. So really, it hasn't been played every episode.

>On the other hand, while Mob is funny too, it's more action/plot oriented so it also needs to be judged on the animation
and it absolutely murdered every single anime that come out this year in animation department alone. unless you're the type of guy that think character model=animation.

The explosion counter did hit 100% 2-3 times I think and the only thing that happened is Mob experiencing a new emotion. That's all. Nothing related to an overreaching plot being setup.
Also Reigen, presented as a MC, has had barely any screen time. He's been useless as fuck, and we're halfway in the series.
This show just has no direction. If it's different in the manga, the director just failed to build a hook-up, a goal.

>Also Reigen, presented as a MC, has had barely any screen time. He's been useless as fuck, and we're halfway in the series.
you're dumb as fuck

It's my AOTS, I wasn't implying anything bad about it. Just clarifying why it would be judged differently to Saiki, which is my runner up.

I'll give you Jojo, but Re:Zero is only enjoyable if your anime experience is low and/or you're a teenager. They don't even discuss this series on oldfag boards.

>Reigen, presented as a MC
Sorry user, I hate to break it down for you but I think you may be a moron and knows shit about writing in general.

>Reigen, presented as a MC, has had barely any screen time. He's been useless as fuck, and we're halfway in the series
>If a character dont fight it mean they useless
fuckin underage shonenfag.

His world trigger score was miles better than this

Reigen is the boss of a shadow organization of adult espers, including the one Mob spotted in the crowd.
He has the ability to transfer his powers to others, and is secretly prepping Mob to be his next in line.
Part of the scheme involves kidnapping Ritsu, and killing their parents. Forcing Mob to awaken more of his emotions, and become fully dependent on Reigen.

You're too fucking savage, user

>small

>Amanchu
Overuse of the same boring reaction faces

>DiU
Faltering production

Seems like this anime is shilled by a very small group of Sup Forumsnons that want it to be liked, but the majority of older Sup Forums posters don't actually enjoy it. I personally couldn't get past the second episode and decided to try the manga. The art left a lot to be desired and just reminded me of OPM.

Also, most of the fanbase for Mob Psycho 100 here on Sup Forums is underaged and refuses any discussion other than "oh my god mob psycho 100 is the bestest." Picture related.

> mobfags, unable to argue, resort to name calling
> mobfag, unable to argue, resorts to edgy spoiling
Don't worry user, stopped reading at the second word.

>The art left a lot to be desired and just reminded me of OPM.
Opinion discarded

How do you even come to these conclusions

fuckin hell user stop projecting you sound dumb as fuck.

I blame the hipster sakugadork-circle.

Of course, by next season, Mob Psycho 100 will be forgotten by them anyway, and then they'll push Sound! Euphonium season 2.

>user unable to argue, resort to meme post.

Make me.

>resort to name calling
welcome to Sup Forums retard

Very accurate.

>most of the fanbase for Mob Psycho 100 here on Sup Forums is underaged and refuses any discussion other than "oh my god mob psycho 100 is the bestest."
Pottery.

Re:Zero has already swept AOTS for both Spring and Summer

>hipster sakugadork-circle.
You mean the least degenerate type of user infested on Sup Forums here whose more focusing on objective merit animation rather than superficial waifufagging?

>user, unable to refute, succumbs to denial and believes others were just calling him names and not because he was indeed a dumbass who knows shit absolute shit about writing
But I'm giving you the benefit of doubt and assumes you're just baiting. Quite convincing though.

How about you addressed all of my point above you dumb nigger.

This. It's always the same when a/ tries to force an anime's popularity. OPM is fun and quite well animated but that's all, the plot/concept is nonexistent or already better developed elsewhere (Tiger & Bunny, My Hero academy). This time it's just espers with weird personalities and a slightly weird design, an attempt at uniqueness without any research or risk taken. Nothing to see there.

>My Hero academy
opinion discarded.

>My Hero Academy
The existence of MP100 and OPM reveal that manga for the scam that it is.

I'm honestly curious how you decide it's a small group of anons on an anonymous board and how you figure a 'majority of older posters' on an anonymous image board feel a certain way.
Besides OP's faggotry how are people forcing it anyway.
Aw shit I'm being baited.

>scam
????
I started off reading that. It was alright, it just felt a little too derivative for me. What's "scammy" about it, though?

Its ideological roots, "fighting = heroism and masculinity" is absolute cancer.

I don't associate with ESLfags.

Number of IPs in the manga threads, number of IPs in the airing day threads. It's somewhere between 40-80 - upper end being very generous as well. Accompany that with the rampant 3DPD, and twitter tier memes in the threads makes it painfully obvious unless you are new yourself.

That's not what a "scam" is. Anyway, wouldn't that apply to just about any shounen ever? That sounds more like a complaint against common tropes of the genre than anything hard against a specific work.

Kohei managed to predict superhero genre to be next big thing in Japan considering Murata's attempt to redraw OPM webcomic. And somehow he did since BNH becomes instantly famous with the pilot chapter, utilizing clustering effect that evokes by OPM's fad.

Your loss.

Dude just give me something, a word, anything.
I'm on the Internet, I don't have time to look for myself.

Technically jojo and rezero are last season anyway.

>Mob Psycho 100
>AOTS

Poor man's OPM is about as trash as you can get since OPM was trash to begin with.

Oh shit of course, though I wouldn't know since I don't post in those threads.
But why are you paying such close attention?

You know, I thought the same thing when I first saw it. It makes sense, really, I think you could have seen it coming considering the Marvel movies and all that. Plus, there's also the fact that, if I'm not mistaken, the former "big three" of shounen are recently all slowing down or ending or whatever, so it's well-timed in that respect too.

That still doesn't make it a "scam," though. It might not have even been the author's plan: maybe his editors saw a golden goose and nudged him along. Really, it could have just been good luck, or a genuine artistic interest in superheroes, and even if it wasn't good luck then there's still nothing really disingenuous about it: cynically taking advantage of current market trends may be artistically hacky or sleazy, but I'd be hard pressed to call it deceitful.

"Scam" is just an exaggeration. "Hack" is a more suitable term, really. You can read and watch BNHA, I dont really care but how the series gets normie tier fad and everyone just keeps on blindly praising how good it is, really does tick me off sometimes.

>Sound! Euphonium
What's up with people using the translated names of shows lately? I saw someone call Amaama "Sweetness and Lightning" the other day too. Are r/anime or MAL leaking out of the Re:Zero threads?

It's not even a sakuga show. sakugafags aren't that enthusiast about it.
Only the first episode had interesting animation.

It's neither a hack or a scam. What the fuck are you even on about? Someone predicting a future shift in the audience's tastes does not by any means make something a hack or a scam. Jesus, by your retarded logic, a ton of great works in many mediums would be considered a scam because somehow an author was keen enough to address his audience appropriately.

fuck you

It's actually correct. I bet you didn't used names in their original languages for books, movies or anything else before. I like the sound of japanese better too, but there's no reason not to use a correct translation. Or just speak and listen japanese all the fucking way.

>correct translation

響け =/= Sound

Not the other guy but this is exactly why I didn't like it. The poster designs, artstyle, source material and from word of mouth I was anticipating a more mature drama, but so far it's felt very petty and juvenile. The type of stuff the works in premise but the execution was very clunky and straightforward. I'm specifically thinking of scenes like when Takumi went to get his brother by the lake and burst into tears, or the very awkwardly framed storage room beat-down. As a whole I've felt the character animation has been completely lacking but more importantly I felt the pacing building up to these sequences and following them have been dreadful. In all honesty a show like Mob Psycho 100 has a more mature, intellectual approach to suspense and characterisation as opposed to Battery which is supposed to be the more subtle, "mature" show of the two. Besides Berserk which has obviously been complete trash, Battery is my biggest disappoint of this season.

The art style and characterization really is what saves this show from being generic.
It's really good, not sure if it gets best of the season though.
ReLife and Orange are pretty good.
Saiki Kusuo autowins for comedy.
I guess there's a good case to be made for Mob.

After all that grimdark meme of Marvel and DC movies, plus OPM and BNH, superhero genre is just overused as fuck. I'm fucking tired of it. Only hack artist would resort to cater to that market. I bet you think zombie genre fad back in late 2000 is acceptable, too. Fuck this gay earth.

Maybe DR3: two episodes a week, great characters, great drama, and most episodes are 8/10 or higher.
Lots of hype each week.

I guess Mob is indeed AOTS. It's not like this season was particularly ambitious, though.