Person is speaking english

>person is speaking english
>no notable accent
>says a single foreign word
>whether it be a county/city/food name whatever
>attempts to sound full native speaker straining themselves to put as deep an accent/inflection on it as possible

Anyone else want to slap people when they do this?

No it makes sense. People in other languages do it all the time for English names.

SLIDE THREAD

We are under attack from Sorosbots. Do not add posts to slide threads. Warn others then go to other threads.

Honestly have no idea what you are complaining about. People that speak multiple languages but can speak english without an accident?

Giada De Laurentiis does this all the time and I want to kick her face in when she does it

As a languages student (Russian, Chinese, Spanish) it happens pretty much constantly

Many people laugh at 'strayan accents,too

its not you fucknuts, I completely understand what OP says.
I have a croatian first and last name and i would rather blow my brains out then pronounce them in a croatian waywhen speaking to non croatian speakers.
case in point: any spic ever pronouncing anything in spic especially the world 'latino'

No. You're a weirdo with overdeveloped disgust sensitivity.

NPR routinely does this in a very obnoxious manner.

Imagine you're talking to a buddy and decide to go get some food. You suggest italian and he goes "sounds good I could go for some manicotti" only he pronounces it "maahneecot" like they do on the fucking sopranos.

>english first language
>pronounce jalapeno as 'jalapeeno'
>beaners get upset
>pronounce it halapenyo
>beaners get upset and say I'm trying too hard
Fuck off pablo

Yeah what kind of retarded faggot attempts to pronounce a word correctly? What are they, a KEK?

**taco** bell

You supposed to go half way and pronounce it halapeenyo. It means you know about there pronunciations but not enough to seem elitist about it.

i grew up in new york but ill always consider myself a LAAAATINA

I hate those motherfuckers that say Tar-zhay. Bitch the logo is a target, say it right.

I always though people saying tar-zhay were being ironic.

I do this because my girlfriend is italian. "Yes, ill have una panino, per favore."

Or I could just pronounce shit the way it's supposed to be pronounced because it's general knowledge?
Why would I pretend I can't pronounce it? Why would I give a shit if people don't like that I pronounce things correctly?
That's fucking autistic. I'm not going to make myself sound stupid to please some spics.

psychology is underrated

The CBC radio in Canada does this with foreign names to an obnoxious degree. They get their readers to learn the International Phonetic Alphabet and write that above the names that appear in the script. And they always pause slightly after reading the name to smile smugly in self-satisfaction.

It is absolutely enraging. One time I got invited on a morning show on the local CBC station. I'm fifth generation Scots-Canadian and my last name is Scottish and the presenter glossed over my name in a Radio Standard Canadian English accent without even blinking. I pretended to take offence and corrected the presenter, saying that while I myself speak in a Canadian accent my name is Scottish not English and it should be pronounced with a cartoonish Scottish accent to match the other ethnic guests on the show. We then spent two minutes with the presenter trying to say my name with a Scottish accent and me refusing to accept it because, "It sounds too English. God forbid that we should say names like how they're actually pronounced in our own language while we're speaking that language. When I'm in Japan I force Japanese people to blend consonants and end my name on a consonant because I'm just that much of an asshole so you should at least be able to say my name like Sean Connery."

They never aired my interview and I haven't been invited back.

NPR is the worst offender at this but even worse it's full of people attempting to pronounce foreign words "correctly" and still getting it wrong

>be from New England
>Cant pronounce anything right
It's nice.

I'm imagining you trying to get them to pronounce it like pic related

>dated weab for a few years
>she's learning jap because weab
>full anime voice any time she spoke jap

Agreed. It's the absolute worst.
If you speak another language just fucking speak it instead of trying to emulate some shit you saw on tv.

They are.

She's hot.

Ignore the social retards OP, I'm with ya. I cant stand when people do that shit. Hell I cant fucking stand when people call cheese 'queso' at a Mexican restaurant, speak fucking English you cucks this is an English speaking country and we don't need to pander to these latino savages who already populate 1/3 of the continent and the entirety of South America.

i do this. call me a cuck, i don't care. i'm just pronouncing it as it should be.
I don't call a Porsche a "porsh-aah"
I don't call rome "roma"
I don't call bruschetta "broosh-ketta"
but i look words up to see how a westerner should pronounce them.
>jah-lap-en-oh vs hall-ah-peen-yo
>jeye-row vs hear-oh
>OP vs uncultured faggot
stuff like that

They are. It's supposed to sound ironically french like you shop at a high-scale place or something.

is just either to young or too oblivious to get the joke, or maybe people have been saying it so long it's lost all meaning.

Living in Texas I know a few annoying Katrina transplants from Louisiana that only do it with like “naaawww awwlinnns” it fucking infuriates me

OP is faggot, sage.
Let me guess OP, your town is named after some spic village because you have no soul, but you can't even say the town name correctly.

but thats how they say it
>i don't know you so let me tell you all about you
kill yourself

>full anime voice
that's exactly how japs sound though. I hate their language

I am foreign and i have no accent, when i mention something from my native language i say it both the way its said on native and the way its said on english. When i am speaking native if i have to use an english word i pronounce it the way it is supposed to be. ( American english )

Point is, say it the way its supposed to be said you swine. Of all the places Sup Forums would be the last one where id expect to find an uncultured pig being disgusted at others for respecting their history and heritage.

>She

and this what most people do
i don't know why americans are so proud to mispronounce things
>fuck you commie
>i'm not going to say it in your language
>I'm going to say it in a way that doesn't get me laughed at when I'm watching sportsball with my overweight friends

Mooslim

Truth be told OP, sometimes I do that.

Foreign words that become popular in English are called "loan words", and most of the time we change the pronunciation.

Sometimes though, I think we change them to sound... stupid and uneducated. For some French and Italian words I pronounce them similar to how they're pronounced in their native languages.

I think its first of partially because most americans dont learn a second language since they already speak the best one ( lets be real here ), but currently op is butthurt that someone knows 2 languages and thats about it.