Did the writer really create every man's image of the ideal woman only to have the MC reject her for the sake of...

Did the writer really create every man's image of the ideal woman only to have the MC reject her for the sake of someone completely bland and boring?

Is this a commentary on something? What am I missing here? Is he trying to piss everyone off?

Ok listen.

Your first teenage crush was a bitch you only liked because of her physical appareance. The same thing is happening here. Emilia is more beautiful than Rem, so he likes her more

Actually the first girl I fell for was below average in appearance. I liked her because she was the only girl I didn't find intolerably stupid and inane.

But Rem is extremely bland and boring now that her personality revolves around loving Subaru. No wonder she has you retards salivating over her.

Rem a shit.

>emiliafags

I think we can all agree that beako is best girl

Rem=Perfect woman to hold a healthy relationship.
Emilia=Delusions and waifufaggotry of a NEET.

Emilia is boring too. Doesn't change the fact that Rem appeals to waifufags who obsess over female characters with no personality other than being loving.

Rem was somewhat entertaining when she was a sassy maid twin bullying Subaru, Emilia was almost interesting when she called Subaru out on his shit. That's the best I can say about either of them, maybe one or the other makes for a good waifu but they are fucking trash as fictional characters.

Rem isn't every mans ideal woman. Crusch is.

Crusch is someone closeted homosexuals might fall for.

I would do anything for Satella, to be quite frank my brethren.

>boring as shit
>hurr durr I love you
>no matter what you do I will always love you
>"ideal woman"

Now this may come as a shocker but one sided "pure" love is pretty boring.
An "ideal woman" doesn't just love you. She has her own mind, fucks up at one point or another and can do stuff without you by her side.
Or anybody with some sort of personality, really. Love isn't a personality trait.

>a feminine and attractive girl who loves you unconditionally
The vast majority of men actually want this, believe it or not. You sound like someone raised and indoctrinated by a single mother.
>b-but muh independunce!

I'm too drunk to give you a thorough breakdown, but there is commentary:

Put simply, Rem is a fantasy. She is pretty much an impossible, or at least, an incredibly improbable character in real life.

Emilia is more or less just a normal girl, but she's REAL.

Subaru chases after Emilia because he's making a conscious decision to pursue an actual girl, Rem is just a waifu.

Remember this whole series is basically about Subaru overcoming his flaws and improving himself.

>Emilia is more or less just a normal girl, but she's REAL.
She's a half-elf with a spirit friend who lives inside a crystal. How is that anymore real than a qt japanese goblin?

Someone can love you AND have a fucking personality at the same time. Loving someone isn't a replacement for individuality, but it doesn't matter to waifufags who have no experience in real relationships.

In any case, the fact that we're discussing about this as if the issue is how good of a girlfriend she'd be for you proves what a poorly written character she is. A good character shouldn't exist solely to fulfill your fantasies, they should provide entertainment value at the very least, if not depth and development. Flaws and a personality are the bare minimum for that.

>A good character shouldn't exist solely to fulfill your fantasies
What a stupid thing to say.

This guy gets it.

Felt is lowkey best girl. Onii-sama knows what's up.

Her personality is real. She's nice but bland. That's how girls actually act in real life until you get close to them. They don't have forceful and one-dinentional personalities like most girls in anime.

Emilia will likely have more of her character revealed as the series progresses and feels comfortable showing her insecurities in front of Subaru.

It's true though. A character can exist to fulfill fantasies, but they won't be a GOOD one. What you want in a partner does not make for interesting fiction.

>failing for waifubait so hard
user please some people have standards.

>being in love means you have no personality
Literally born to be cucked.
>demanding flaws
Literally asking for drama and NTR.

Deep down you are wired for melodrama. You are too used to melodrama to appreciate just pure love. "A successful love story is boring" and all that jazz. I call it Stockholm's syndrome.
Just because your real life is shit, you don't have to pedestalize realism and multi-dimensional drama and equate them with 'good'. It's like desert travelers worshipping the lack of water. You are the sort of person that gazes upon the heavens and says 'too unrealistic and one-dimensional for me'.

Yes it does.

>Emilia is more or less just a normal girl, but she's REAL.
I feel ya, brother. She is real to me too.

She is not in love, she lives to love Subaru and everybody has faults, you just deal with them or get the fuck out.

>being in love means you have no personality
I don't think that's what he meant to say, but that after she fell for Subaru that's pretty much all what Rem's character came down to (i.e. being in love with him).

His point being you can have a character that is in love with another one, and still has plenty of personality and a personal role in the story (that isn't limited to something romantic).

Having flaws doesn't necessarily mean there has to be drama involved.

Worst girl coming through

Rem has plenty of personality

There's a reason why everyone shits on SAO.

Mindless self-indulgence is a bad thing.

But mindfull self-indulgence isn't.

Not OP but looking at your reply makes me wanna puke.
Because that apply for both of them

Why do people not like asuna even though rem is the same as her but actually had more confidence

SAO wasn't hated because a girl is waifu material. That's standard fare in anime.
But telling me a fucking 14-year-old game addict is a super hacker rivaling the greatest VR scientist in history, reverse-engineering the matrix in a few seconds is completely unsupportable.
You have selective memory.

This user gets it. Crusch-sama is really the Ultimate waifu for redpilled gentleman like myself. Independent and strong, you don't have to look after her ass nor put up with her drama.

Maybe you'll meet her at night to talk about interesting stuff like leading a team to kill a giant whale, and then have passionate love making.

Subaru rejects wonderful things in favor of placating his ego. It's a tale of a guy who can't help but bring suffering upon himself in the blind hope of attaining what he believes is happiness. It's quite romantic, at least this way
Can't reason with pretentious normals. They want to sound mature gobbling this silly crap up. There's nothing super "real" about Emilia anyway, they're full of shit..
>falling for
This isn't Sup Forums, faggot. If you entertain things you don't like and bitch about it, you're an idiot.

Emilia is more of a realistic woman.

>Rem I-I love you I want to live with you...
>Me too...
>You know what, In fact I love Emilia, so fuck you Rem.
>I-It's fine, all my d-dreams means nothing, go with Emilia.

God I never take anime romances seriously but this one hit me hard and I love ntr, poor Rem got cucked.

>overly nice
>no common sense
>honestly can't do anything on her own
>silly political beliefs

Even if true, not exactly a good thing.

Because without Emilia, there's no plot. If he picks Rem, the story ends.

In the timeline where he runs off with Rem, he lives happily ever after. It's like if a harem protagonist just went "...You know what, I'll just fuck the blonde oujo and marry her. The rest of you can piss off."

That's the end of the show.

would you love rem if she looked like this?

>you now realize all characters' actions and fates are at the whims of an evil god

What about her politics is silly?

Equality is a lie born of hatred and envy.

What?

anybody else feel that same vibe as evangelion?
I don't mean giant robots and fighting angels,
But the characters interaction and a lot despair and self hate on some of these ppl.

obviously best waifu is Aldebaran,
why does he wear the helmet?

She knew that he loves Emilia way before the confession.

If I remove that helm will he die?

it would be extremely painful

The reason Subaru's into Emilia so much has something to do with the witch. It's the only explanation at this point.

Loving Emilia is part of the witch's curse. Are you happy?

They cut out a lot of Rem's moments. Rem from the novels isn't quite the same as Rem from the anime.

spoilers?

>Rem, I don't actually love you, but I know you love me and will do what I ask. Let's give up on everything and run away together.
>I love you but I know doing that isn't what's best for you, get your shit together Subaru.
>Damn you're right, thanks.
Rem is not a cuck, she is a goddess. Stop downplaying her actions in the matter.

>What am I missing here?
Don't ask questions you don't want answer.
>I'm not OP
Don't come into threads asking questions you don't want answers for.

And then he goes and falls in love with her anyways, though they cut a lot of those scenes out in the anime or changed them.

fashion souls

Actually she looked pretty ordinary. Was love at first sight, she was actually a pretty nice girl.

But does he loves her in the same way he loves Emilia?

nobody cares imbecile

He later says he loves them both about the same in Arc 4. Unfortunately, they changed the scenes so that the depth of his attachment to Rem is a good deal less obvious in the anime, so I don't know what the fuck is going to happen with that.

He was actually supposed to "joke" that he would kill himself if Rem wasn't there with him.

You're a big guy.

I get that he loves them both but I also think that he loves Emilia in a romantic way and Rem in a familiar way.

Can't he fuck them both tho?

>every man's
Rem is not my ideal women, mine would be more dominant and play vidya games with me

Agreed, she's just waifubait right now
This show has shit for best girls

>being an accessory to Emilia's ill-conceived brand of communism
>cashing out on simpering waifubait whose adoration came altogether too easily to really trust
>not dancing the samba of respect and love with Crusch as together you strive to mould the world to your ideals

He's definitely attracted to Rem in the LN, and this leaves him feeling rather conflicted. Also, his lines concerning her aren't merely "familiar".
>"You're mine. I won't let anyone else have you."

She's a fucking commie

Would you love anyone who looks like that?
Be honest user. If your mother looked like that would you want to be seen with her?

Roit 'ere we can observe a shutin NEET in his notural habitat

tbf you dont have to look after rem either but crusch is dedicated to goals not subaru so helplessly like rem is.

Idol worship has been one of Rem's defining personality traits all her life. If the writing has a lick of honesty it should show some negative aspect of her worshiping Subaru like it did for her worshiping Ram (envy in that particular case). I don't expect that to happen though as it looks like the story is just going to leave her behind.

You know just as Subreru is cursed in the whole timeloop/savepoint thing from obviously the witch Satellala and how he can't talk about it otherwise he dies or other people dies maybe Subaru is charmed to always follow Emilia. I mean he's already insane as it is so a little bewitchment is nothing new.

user, do you only watch anime for escapism?

>a prude
>an ideal woman
pick one

That was a great final episode. I can't wait for season 2!

because Sinon is better

>Iguchi Yuka
enjoy your headcrabs

>Yes it does.

If you need to escape the pain of your shitty life heroin is more effective than anime, and cheaper than being a buyfag.

other way around
Rem is a harder sell than Emilia on being realistic

The second applies to Rem though.

It's realistically not possible not to fall for Rem.

>though they cut a lot of those scenes out in the anime or changed them
Fuck them for doing than.

Are any of them translated?

And Emillia a shit.

Yes, read the other thread

Honestly, I think the creator of this probably, like most other jap writers, just wrote these two character to pander to two different kinds of people and in the end, you're all going to get cucked anyway.