Are there people who haven't watched Re:Zero yet?

Are there people who haven't watched Re:Zero yet?

If so, why not?

I haven't, because it looks extremely uninteresting.

I have a tendency to put off watching extremely popular shows until the hype has died down.

>main character not a girl
>harem

It's not a harem though

From what I heard, the grill with the blue hair doesn't win, but she looks cute to me.
I'm extremely shallow, I know.

Saw some didn't care for it, then a made me hate it

MC is male, every other character i've seen is female, harem.

What about the green dude?

I read the first couple chapters of the manga and dropped it because it seemed like irredeemable garbage.

It's not a harem, trust me. I can tell you exactly why, but it will contain massive spoilers.

I dropped it when the Whale showed up.

I haven't seen any green dude.
Also pic related.

I'm just not in the mood for it. That's all.
Perhaps I'll give it a try in a few years.

I remember seeing a scary looking green dude in the thumbnail of a thread once.

I don't watch wish fulfillment garbage.

Ignore the responses, it's a fucking harem. If not the MCs harem, it's the audiences harem of girls to waifufag over. And it'd be infinitely better if it had a balanced cast instead of the trashy pandering archetypes it has.

>every other character i've seen is female
>I didn't watch past episode 1

Never heard of it

>Re:Zero
>Wish-fulfillment

Heh

Because of the twins, I can't stand this kind of 'Ayanami Rei' characters anymore. Even their lines are predictable.

I avoid shows about a single boy surrounded by girls because all of them have shitty writing . This won't be an exception.

It looks like boring as fuck haremshit, phoneposter OP.
Not getting the hype over it.

People tell me it's a suffering anime like Meguca. I'm past that edgy phase. I only do comfy now.

I'm just now watching Naruto. The first one.

The MC seems like a terrible, super annoying person.

>It's not a harem, it's just that most developed characters aside from MC are all girls inexplicably going after mcs dick

LN, self insert, harem garbage

Using that definition, pretty much every popular anime genre is harem.

The girls in Re:Zero don't lust after the MC (Except one). It's not a harem by the most standard definition.

I got up to episode 12. Seems like it doesn't know if it wants to be haremshit and a parody of fantasy anime at the same time

>beta mc
>numerous females in the main cast, including twin maids
>mc is written to be a bit of a sperg, which prompts unintelligent people to believe he's a well-written character
>waifuwar threads
Never seen a single episode and never intend on it. I am 100% sure I won't like it.

>wish fulfillment
MC is a fucking useless moron who gets shat on at every turn and it isn't until the recent eps that he does something smart

>does a few things right for once
>everyone likes his balls
Wish fulfillment. Everyone tended to like him anyway unless he fucked shit up, and even then characters are overly nice to him.

Also Rem. Enough said.

Alright fine. Get ready for major spoilers.

Only one girl in the entire show is ever romantically attracted to the MC and she is gonna become a vegetable. The protagonist pursues another girl, but she has never returned any of his feelings, even later in the WN's. None of the other girls ever become anything more than friends or acquaintances with the MC.

Only two girls are ever even in the picture in terms of romance with the MC, and they're basically just serve as symbolic devices to guide the MC's development and character.

Its Popular

Re:Zero is even less of a harem than Eva. Where does this meme come from?

To be fair, fucking everyone wanted the White Whale dead and the kid gave them a chance to do it. So some Subaru dicksucking is somewhat justified.

Not even gonna argue about Rem, that girl deserves someone better for all the work she puts in

Because I watched Erased last season.

Guess what? It's still extremely uninteresting.

Looks meh

>Moving the goalposts, the thread

What goalposts? Does it upset you that people don't find your favorite anime interesting?

There's another reason not to watch the show: idiotic fanbase.

It's, it's in my backlog

I havent yet. I'd like to so I can shitpost and discuss, but 21 eps so far takes time to burn through.

>THIS IS A HAREM!!!!!!1111
>No, it's not
>Yeah well, iI still don't like it

This is an 18+ website faggot.

I'm not even that other guy, you're just being a fucking retard

Was good until the witch's hand popped out of nowhere, preventing him from telling anyone anything. I haven't dropped a show out of dislike until this.

Also those twin maids are annoying as fuck

I read posts about it and havn't read anything which makes me want to watch it

Basically, I ave not seen any commentary about why this anime is good which resonates with me

I never argued it was a harem, although the marketing certainly shows harem elements. Nevertheless, you've once again illustrated the spergy nature of the fanbase, which once again, serves as a reason to stay away. Anime that are popular with idiots like yourself tend to be bad.

>I'm not even that other guy
Yes you are, nice try though.

I'm the guy you were arguing with initially, and also the OP of this thread. That really is a different guy you're responding to right now, but I honestly don't care if you believe me.

More importantly, the so-called "Harem" elements that exist in Re:Zero are really just a dig at the harem trope. Early on, the show intentionally sets itself up that way, and slowly moves away from it in a deconstruction method.

Later Re:Zero isn't even close to a harem.

>not watching with the shitstorm
You don't know how to live.

Watched 01A and 01B, couldn't get past how much of an irredeemable piece of shit Toyota is, and couldn't bring myself to keep watching or care.

I agree Reinhardt is best grill

>I never argued it was a harem

I watched the first episode and thought it was lame. I dont really like isekai or anything that feels like a video game.
What exactly makes this show good? All I see is that people like Rem and Ram, or whatever, and never give a reason as to why the show is good at all.

Cause its fucking retarded pre-teen shit. Not even funny. just gay weeb-neet-basement fanservice. Also the dialogue is cringe as fuuuuck.

the series takes an edgy turn in the very next episode user

If you read between the lines, it's a show about a NEET overcoming real world flaws. Less abstract than FLCL, but kinda in the same vein in terms of story-telling.

couldn't make it past the first episode its was so bad

This. I don't get how it has a single fan. Its literally just shit in every way

>not Al

>Only watch one episode
>"I don't understand how anyone likes this anime"

Bad news user, I'm afraid you're retarded

Has it ended already? I prefer to binge shows.

The characters were so flat in the first episode.
shit characters = shit anime

I've seen a lot of anime with a same tone like re:zero.

I just got tired with this kind of shit, maybe I'll pick it up after a year or 3 after I'm done with comfy reverse-haremshits or any other anime/manga genre that I still don't touch.

I dropped it on that episode when he tried to duel this knight guy. Side characters are decent, but mc is too much for me to handle.

>Haremshit
Watch the show user.there is no harem.far from it

It's still garbage.

>beetlejuice, wilhelm, felix, puck, ricardo, reinhardt, al, julius, roswal, appa seller, those 3 stooges, rom, otto, every single fucking knight, and every single fucking soldier, half of the townspeople are all female

it does nothing new and in fact does some of the most over used ideas.

doesn't interest me

Yea usually i give shows the benefit of the doubt and try to soldier on through some more episodes but it became the first show i dropped after episode one. It had no redeeming qualities for me to return for. The MC was so lame and his reaction to being thrusted into another world was so nonchalant I just couldn't believe. Re Zero is why shit taste shaming is a legitimate thing I encourage. All of you should be embarrassed for enjoying this trash.

Your not even trying.

I dropped it at ep 8, i don't get why is so popular.

Subaru is one of the most complex MC's in anime ever.

I don't even know I'm even responding to this b8 anymore.

Rem liking him made me lose interest to watch this show.
I'm expecting him to go full Elliot Rodger.

Literally everything your saying and my recollection of the latest episodes and how it ties into the seemingly cliche first episode characterization just makes me like RE:zero even more.

>I Encourage shit taste shaming
>You should be embarrassed
> I Haven't even gone past episode 1
I'm surprised one person can be this retarded.
How do you live with yourself.

I'd recommend anyone who hasn't watched it yet to wait until it finished airing and watch it in 1 go unless he wants to be part of le ebin ride of the anime of the century really badly.

This. It's much better not having to wait weeks on end. It's just better being able to binge the whole thing in one sitting

i don't watch anime

Adaptations really can't do good shitstorms.

Why are you even here.

There have been like 30 Re:Zero threads posted on Sup Forums just within the last 12 hours, and this isn't even supposed to be one of the bigger episodes. Episode 22 and the finale especially are gonna wreck this board.

I tried, but I'm not interested in a mediocre entry in a genre I don't like.

Manufactured shitposting ain't interesting.

Mind you, a series being popular and having lots of threads is not a shitstorm.

I assume because its they're massive faggots or Sup Forums hipsters who don't like it because its popular here.

Because the fanbase is obnoxious and toxic.

waiting for it to end to binge watch like I do with every series.

I'm marathoning it now, on episode 5. For the sake of my own enjoyment I decided to just go with whatever Subaru is doing, no matter how dumb. The world building is nothing special, but I do find interest in the witch stuff that was implied.

>For the sake of my own enjoyment I decided to just go with whatever Subaru is doing, no matter how dumb
Five episodes in you should already realize that Subaru isn't exactly smart. That doesn't invalidate him as a character though, he doesn't need to be a genius to be a valid character.

no, it's not that he is dumb. He has no sense of self-awareness

I don't watch shit

Sup Forums said I'm not allowed to like it so that's that.

Two reasons
1. Isekai
2. You fags couldnt shut up and spoiler ending long ago
In facto jest opening the catalog every week is enough to know what happens

yea pretty much this

MC has an annoying face

>trying to get my friend to watch it as we speak
>he keeps complaining about how convenient it is that he met Emilia
>He's starting the second part of the first episode now

We'll see what he has to say about it I guess. Keep telling the nigga to just sit down and watch but he keeps piping up

I already watched KonoSuba

Which is a major character flaw and he fucks up SEVERELY because of it.

Wish people would get that. God forbid characters be imperfect. They should all be like Kirito-sama, doing no wrong and getting bitches left and right

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

I just watched the first episode and it was shit. I felt the same way.

>oh our "travel to another world" anime isn't like those other ones! Let's state the tropes and then defy them!

I'm sure the big twist is that he is a special fucking snowflake after all and it wasn't convenience but he is the true niggerman chosen to be warped to fuccboi world.