So Sup Forums what's the new Big 3?

So Sup Forums what's the new Big 3?

My dick and balls

The big 3 is not simply the 3 most popular series at any given point, it was the 3 series that the majority of western viewers used as a jumping on point to the medium during its boom period of the early 2000s.

Where can i download it

gantz, sesuki wo pin, and D gray man

Well I can fucking tell you that DBZ should be included in that picture, and considering that One piece and DB are still going, you only need one more to fill the slot.

Toriko failed to make the cut
7DS also failed.

I'd say One Piece, One Punch and Hero Cuckademy.

>This bullshit again

Newfaggots fall for this fallacy every fucking time in an attempt to look educated.

The big 3 is called that way because for a long time they were the 3 biggest selling Battle shonens, and for a while the biggest selling shonens period. At the same time.

Fucking newfaggot tards I swear.

Attack on Titan
Hero Academia
One Piece

Another big three probably won't happen for a long time. Jump got lucky having three popular series like that going at once.

What kinda stupid shit are you spouting

and yet people still associate the term with One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. Not whatever is the 3 most popular shounen at any given time.

DB had it's prime a long time ago. No one but niche fans in their 20sd watch that shit now.

One piece stands alone atop it's mountain of being the highest selling Manga in recorded history

>No one but niche fans in their 20sd watch that shit now.
Are you retarded? Have you see DBS's ratings?

Because it was a great coincidence that the top 3 of shonen jump all happened to be DBZ style battle shonens at the same time.

It corresponds to an era where Battle Shonen was the most popular genre. Them being released simultaneously in the west is a consequence of that.

But elitists on Sup Forums who hate anything that reached the western audience due to highschool bullying warp the reality the other way around.

>It corresponds to an era where Battle Shonen was the most popular genre.
Which now its not. SnK, OPM, and BNHA, despite being the most popular anime of the last 5 years, have little to do with one another in terms of style aside from both being action-based.

Aww shit. Did Ore Tama (My Balls) get an anime?
That better be one of the modern big three

It better fucking get one, it was the best.

There won't be another big 3 type scenario in the foreseeable future, if ever. One Piece/Naruto/Bleach was really the only instance of this happening ever.

Not even that, but the merch for that show was fucking everywhere in Japan when I was stationed there from 2010 to 2013. For the most part, watching anime, or admitting you watch a lot of it is a taboo and makrs you as an otaku. For whatever reason, One Piece was the one "acceptable" series to admit to watching.

Considering how the other two/thirds of the Big 3 turned out, I'd say the nips made the right choice.

Lovely series, an anime is well deserving.

This is the perfect replacement for Bleach. I don't really care for the other two in any capacity.

DBS is terrible.

And it's not nearly has popular as DBZ was.

>Cuck

Go back to your home board.

One piece, attack on titan, and one punch man.

OPM is too irregular.

One punch man
Tokyo ghoul
Attack on Titan

>attack on titan
Is it even acceptable for non-Jump series to be in Big 3? Might as well include Fairy Tail too.

There isn't any. Right now nothing is really as popular as they were at their primes.

One Piece is the only one that's really left.

>7DS Failed
>One Meme Man success

talk about shit taste.

Who fucking cares about the "Big 3." It was always One Piece and the other two shits fighting for second place.

OP, Shokugeki and Boku no Hero.

Fairy tail, one piece, and boruto?

>One Piece
>One Punch Man
>Boku no Hero Academia
Seems about right to be honest.

>SnK
Not a battle shonen. Teenage edgy drama with ''mature'' themes and very little elaborate fights aside from the 2-3 titan on titan battles that actually happened.

>OPM
Literally a parody of battle shonens.

>BNHA
Who?

The era of battle shonens is over.

>The era of battle shonens is over.

Sadly. Now it will increasingly be faggot edgy teens doing more and more faggot shit.

>One Piece (timeskip)
>Dragon Ball Super
>Boruto
All remain are nothing but shadows of their former selves

What were the previous big 3s? Going all the way back to the beginning

>So Sup Forums what's the new Big 3?
so one piss is dead?
that's good

i can only think of something as the big three if it has lots of filler so i can't imagine things like OPM or Boku no Hero

Hopefully Boku no Hero Academia gets in there.
I'm really enjoying it.

Im glad that "big 3" are gone. the anime genre is jam packed with shitty battle shonen, moe blob slice of life, and harem fan service bullshit. I want a good story with great characters. so far ERASED is the only recent show that really hooked me.

>People hating on DB Super

Its pulling gigantic ratings especially considering the shitstorm some are trying to create around it.

if it goes worlwide it will become the most popular anime instantly.

doesn't change it from being shit though

its absolute garbage animation is proof that its nothing but a shitty cash grab. it's a failed abortion compared to the amazing art from akira toriama in the show and manga

Better than GT and the buu saga to be honest familia.

Its getting better.

I don't know about better than the Buu saga.
It had a lot of flaws but it gave the series a fine sendoff.

>Better than the buu saga
nah

If DBZ was your first dragon ball experience than you dont like GT. GT went back to the series roots of goku and friends traveling around looking for dragon balls and getting into crazy situations and meeting interesting people along the way.

DBZ was my first experience with dragon ball but I still liked GT.

looks like 3DCG rotorscoping. its a cheap shortcut but at least it looks better.

Nah man.
Dragon Ball was only about crazy adventures slightly.
GT doesn't hold a candle to the early DB.

I also liked GT probably because i was pretty young when i watched and it still has one of the best designs in my opinion (Super 17) but i can admit Super does some things waaaay better (animation ofc isn't one of it).

Especially villains and transformations.

Tokyo Ghoul, One Punch Man and Attack on Titan easily.

OPM isn't even /that/ popular.

Neither is tokyo ghoul I think.

Shokugeki's above them both last I heard.

>Attack on Titan
I haven't read up on the latest manga but doesn't the plot quickly go to shit?

One Piece
Dragon Ball Super
One Punch Man

>Any of this more popular than Super or one piece

XD

>Wan Piss
>Wan Piss Man
>Tokyo Edgelord
>Muh giant fighting normalfag shit

Pick any of these.

I'm so glad BNHA is selling well.

One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. Same as it always was and always will be because Big 3 refers to a specific period in WSJ's history. It does not mean "3 best selling shonen manga".

>All these people saying OPM and SnK
Neither of them are in WSJ. SnK isn't even owned by Shueisha.

as for me I'm just hoping Saeki Kusuo and BNHA do well

Haikyuu!! is bigger than anything that is not one piece by volume sales at the moment and Jump's own popularity rankings
One Piece
Boku No Hero Academia

Ye but what about worldwide. i am pretty sure ressurection o f did more than the things you mentioned combined

Worldwide is probably Bleach, Naruto and DBZ still lel

No one cares about One Piece in the west let alone shit like Tokyo Ghoul, BnHA, OPM, etc...

The only reason I'm not including SnK is because it is a monthly series but SnK is the only series that comes close to One Piece in terms of popularity and volume sales in Japan and SnK is probably bigger than OP in the West

A more fair big 3 right now would be:

One Piece
SnK
Haikyuu!!

this

in the 90s there was like the big 7, they have a lot more talent

>it's not nearly has popular as DBZ was
nothing could be and I'm talking worldwide it just will never get to those highs again with so much different media thanks to the internet

I started with DB and GT always felt like a fanfic garbage.

DBS is sitll not in the same quality as DB/DBZ but is getting better new Goku Black saga is pretty good, new characters are great and it feels like classic Dragon Ball

What's sad is people always keep overlooking gin Tama, considering it out performed Naruto and bleach after a while.

Sorachi can't seem to catch a break.

I'm surprised haikyuu! is on top, graphic is really ugly and it's hard to differ characters

What about yowamushi pedal?

Agree with shokugeki no soma in the next big 3, but story goes on so slow i might drop it

Dragon Ball was my first DB experience and I can tell you that GT did not do well at all at going back to its roots. It obviously tried, but it didn't feel anywhere near as good.

This is the right answer. Might as well add HxH since its volume sales are better than anything excluding SnK and OP.

Both OPM and Ghoul are very popular. SNK is above them both
People in the west don't give a shit about anime in general, but everything you said expect for One Piece is wrong, all the other titles are popular here
This isn't about volume sales, it's about popularity and recongintion in a stupid bait thread.

THE BIG 3 ISN'T A FUCKING SPORTS TEAM WHERE YOU CAN JUST CHANGE THE FUCKING SERIES, PUT ON A SPORTS JERSEY, AND GET TO BE CALLED THE "BIG 3" BECAUSE THEY SELL A LOT AND ARE POPULAR. IT'S A FUCKING TITLE OF A SPECIFIC GROUP OF 3 MANGA: NARUTO, BLEACH, AND ONE PIECE. THAT'S IT. WHY CAN'T YOU MONGOLOIDS UNDERSTAND SUCH A SIMPLE CONCEPT. THERE IS ONLY ONE BIG THREE, IT'S NOT INTERCHANGEABLE, FIGHT ME IN A HELL IN A CELL YOU SUM BITCH JESUS FUCK I'M FUCKING TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW

>This isn't about volume sales, it's about popularity and recongintion in a stupid bait thread.
How the fuck do you think you gauge popularity? A series that sells over a million volumes is extremely popular and well recognized, and more so than series that sell less with some rare exceptions. HxH manages that with years worth of hiatuses in between, people seem to think it doesn't count because of that but it's clearly maintaining it's popularity with no effort.

Still wrong you idiot. It is referring to the top 3 in Jump. How about you not be retarded?
I don't what the ranks are right now in Jump, but I imagine One Piece and BnHA. I don't know what the third one would be.

YOU STUPID FUCK. JESUS CHRIST YOU'RE TOO STUPID FOR WORDS TO DESCRIBE BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING. I'M SAD YOU'RE ACTUALLY A HUMAN BEING.

Look at the pic in do you not remember everyone talking about how Bleach fell from rank 3? Maybe you just forgot since it happened years ago.

But user, that's the small 3

>Them being released simultaneously in the west is a consequence of that.
But that's wrong. Naruto and Bleach were never that popular in Japan.

Yes they were. Bleach declined pretty hard but Naruto was selling 1mil+ when it ended.

One Piece is not the standard for success, jesus christ.

replace one peice with one punch and we have a valid answer

I was referring to Haikyuu actually.
I gauge popularity by worldwide recongintion and current and "mainstream" appeal. I don't count volume sales because even though you made a good point about how series that sell well are popular those are usually only among anime fans. You could ask a random person about what JoJo or HxH are about and there's and good chance that they'll look at you strange, but when asking about OP or I'll give some current ones here Boku no Hero or SNK they'll understand instantly because that's what is currently hot and long running. So what I'm saying is that the most popular anime are the ones that can be recognised by an anime and non anime fan. I'm not trying to insult you, just explaning my reasoning

Dragon Ball
Sailor Moon
...IDK what else. Maybe Ranma or Inuyasha?

OPM isn't WSJ. And if anything is being replaced it would be BNH

Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
Maaaaaaybe Tokyo Ghoul

>Naruto and Bleach were never that popular in Japan.

Jesus christ. How old are you? Go look at manga sales ranking in the 00s you dumbfuck.

More like the big 3 seasons of anime

I don't know why you're talking about anime fans, manga is for normalfags and the sales are an accurate reflection of popularity amongst the general public rather than hardcore fans. As for worldwide popularity and general recognition, if you have any actual numbers to back it up I'd be interested to hear it. Lumping BnHA in with a massive hit like SnK makes no sense and I see no reason to assume people are more interested in it than two classic series with huge readerbases.

Neither is Attack on Titan.

Basically if you go to a hot topic store and see which anime products sell well normal people will know what you are talking about.

HxH
Tokyo Ghoul
JoJo

Are you fucking retarded?

Also check the new York times best selling manga list you will know what western anime fans are into

i almost never see 7ds in these threads
i think it has great potential
and enjoying the story so far

Basically what and said