What does Sup Forums think of Lupin III?

What does Sup Forums think of Lupin III?
Which series is the best?
Which movie?

Lupin is a cool guy, yeah

It's pretty much accepted as fact that Castle of Cagliostro is the best. I really enjoyed The Fuma Conspiracy, The Secret of Mamo and Island of Assassins.

I really liked the 2015 TV series. I think the OVAs and movies are superior but they are worth a watch!

>It's pretty much accepted as fact that Castle of Cagliostro is the best
wwww

I starting watching at the first one but the framerate of the animation is making me furious despite enjoying everything else. Is there a better starting point?

>It's pretty much accepted as fact that Castle of Cagliostro is the best.
How about no

You can start pretty much anywhere, except Red vs Green, and not be confused. Look up some synopses and see which seems down your lane.

>Is there a better starting point?
The first series is the best starting point.

I don't know that that is true across the board. Most people started with the second season, and a modern viewer might be more intrigued initially by Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

I don't know why you'd think that though.
The first series is good fun, with some really classic episodes.

No, I absolutely agree, I think it's top tier. But it's also very dated, and not really representative of the series as a whole, most of the time. The second season is when it really took off in popularity, and its comedic style is much more common in Lupin media. I actually wish there was more like the first, but I think that it becomes an awkward starting point for some people looking to get in to it, and that it's going to depend on the viewer.

Zenigata is my favorite character.

When he's competent, he's one of the absolute best. When he's a bumbling oaf, I hate him.

I started with the first
I stopped about 2/3rds through, I think because I got spooked by the episode pic related was from
>Time travel AND existence erasing
NOPE!
I reckon I should just start season 2

>Time travel AND existence erasing
how did that spook you
that episode was great

If you're 2/3 through, you should just finish it out. The second season does not get less weird. Jesus' vampire sister shows up, for fucks sake.

Red Jacket > Green Jacket

I will fucking cut you.

This, red jacket is best

Objectively wrong.

Well I don't know how the deep sea scares people. Phobias are weird. But the latter of the two mentioned is my biggest definitely.

>i like my heroes to be incompetent betas because i can relate to it better

How did you feel about the Fujiko Mine anime shitting all over his character?

????

If anything it made him a bad ass.

>m-muh funny lel character XD

The fact that they went and experimented with it was great. Fujiko's series is easily a favorite of mine, the quality is great. Top for me along with the green series.

I like it a lot, but I think Jigen's Gravestone is basically a direct upgrade. All of the benefits, none of the glaring flaws.

Lupin is one of the best main character ever made. I wish Blue jacket would get season 2 already

I'd wish there would be the complete manga adaptation.