Would you watch a remake of an older anime if it was updated to a modern artstyle?

would you watch a remake of an older anime if it was updated to a modern artstyle?

I will watch anything as long as it's good.

Digital coloring often isn't as pretty.

I like older styles more so no.

If Trigun for example was remade with a modern style I probably wouldn't watch it. Offers nothing new, character designs are worse, CG filtered backgrounds, and digital colouring plague modern anime.

What if it was done in the style of the Badlands Rumble movie?

I like digital animation over old school now. I grew up with old school but honestly, it's cleaner and cheaper to produce; not to mention nicer and more innovative to work with, as well as artistic progression we had. I'm for it. We get some very great old school aesthetics with the new stuff and I like it.

I'd watch a remake of Trigun just in hopes that the remake actually turns out good unlike the trash that was the original series.

Manga or anime?

We already tried

>muh elite old school taste

Why can't you people just leave and never come back?

Faithful to the manga with good Wild West aesthetic I bet. It would look nice if it came off 1920's or something.

>Wild Wild West
>1920s

You might want to pop open a history book, kemosabe

>being THIS elitist and pretentious about your taste in anime colouring styles

autism!

No. It'll look shittier.

I would like to see them do this with Gunbuster. Perhaps even making it a series, add more content as I felt it lacked a couple more episodes.

If I'd seen and liked the original show, I'd absolutely watch it! Whether or not I'd enjoy it is a different question.

Fuck no. Modern style by and large means sameface, nonose, moeblob and generally lazy animation. Older shows at east had unique style: not only a show had its own style, but often each character is unique. Now everything just looks so fuckin same and generic it hurts.

No, but I would consider watching some newer shows if they were remade in an older artstyle.

>modern Gunbuster with no visible nipples
No thank you.

movies, OVAs and blurays have visible nipples. Just not TV stuff. What would never fly now is how detailed the pussies are.q

Artsyle wouldn't b enough for me

They'd have to adapt al of both series faithfully this time

Was there not a Trigun movie a few years ago? Just make it like that.

ok sure, but this isnt a remake of the '97 series

What are the best subs for trigun?

I'd want a remake of konjiki no gash

No. Trigun has so much charm. Why would I want cheap moeshit animators and interns shitting out a series that will never replace the original?

A simple remake? Nah, the original is perfectly watchable. But if you made more, new content, I'd consider it.

You mean lack of details and noseless generic character designs? No.

A better example would be Uchuu Senkan Yamato: 2199. Which is actually pretty competent but not an exact reproduction of the original either.

Why can't you just fuckin neck yourself?

2199 is so sadly underrated.

Yes as long as it's good.
Trigun really need a remake or at least the adaptation of Trigun Maximum.

Only if they gave it the same treatment as Ushio to Tora.

Depends how good the series looked originally.

The remake will probably get crapped on, so no.
Updated strictly visual-wise only would be cool.

>moeshit