Isekai

Is there such a thing as good isekai? Most of what I see is shit (pic related)

Haven't you heard? Re:zero is AOTY.

Sword Art Online

Twelve Kingdoms
Brave Story

The problem is with the genre. It's escapist fantasy, so it attracts a lot of self-insert writers who make everything too easy for their MC, handing power/money/girls on a silver platter.

Then you have the other side of the coin: edgelord writers. They think they're super mature by having a tortured MC whose life is all about suffering. But then it's equally boring because there's no payoff, and it becomes too predictable.

Rise of the Shield Hero strikes the balance pretty well, but loses its way as the series drags on. Konosuba is also good because it just makes fun of the genre.

>They think they're super mature by having a tortured MC whose life is all about suffering

You only describe re:zero here. Everyone else has the tortured hero go all edgy and then goes sasuke on everyone that has wronged him like in your pic.

>Konosuba is also good because it just makes fun of the genre.

Nah, it's not funny at all.

Dungeon Defense.

Tortured life my ass. There are even people who pointed out that Subaru's rant of his suffering is nothing more whining.

>Tensei shitara slime datta ken

>Konjiki no moji tsukai tsukai

>Tate no yuusha no nariagari

>World customize creator

>Ore to kawazu-san no isekai hourouki

>The new gate

>Desolate era

>Mondaijitachi ga isekai kara kuru sou desu yo? Z

>Douluo dalu

>Mushoku tensei isekai ittara honki dasu

>Re:monster

>Long live summon

>Gunota ga mahou sekai ni tensei shitara, gendai heiki de guntai harem o tsukucchaimashita

>Ochitekita ryuuou to horobiyuku majo no kuni

>Kono subarashii sekai ni shukufuku o

>Chihou kishi Hans no junan

>Hai to gensou no grimgal

>Gate - jietai kare no chi nite , kaku tatakeri

>Drifters

>Overlord

>Fenglin tianxia - wangfei shisansui

>Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku

Masterworks all, you can't go wrong

Mushoku Tensei has great world building and an actual sense of progression. It kinda starts to fall apart towards the end(at least that's what others feel, I enjoyed it all the way through) but it ends before it gets too bad.

Is that the new monthly isekai shit Sup Forums is excited for?

I still remember when we have threads about the perverted oorpse hero series. Now no one remembers that shit.

Too bad it's all ruined by the shitty characters.

> Subaru
> Suffering
My ass. Even the supposed torture that Subaru rants in the web novel is pointed out by others is just him being a little bitch right in front of the seven deadly sins. Whatever martyr/Jesus complex of suffering is something that is pointed out and just considered Subaru's own choiceto keep going.

Hero is Dead isn't isekai, it's just regular-ass fantasy. Sup Forums loves it because it's lewd

"Vision of Escaflowne" is great. As is "Here and There, Now and Then" - and I'd say that Spirited Away would count too.

The """""""genre"""""""" is actually pretty good so long as you ignore any entry into it aimed at purely the shounen demographic.

>Brave Story
I imagine Sup Forums would hate the MC for rejecting Onba.

I bet you think that Goblin Slayer and It is my life are isekai too.

It used to be

>it's just regular-ass fantasy

It's more of a parody than anything.

Might as well add the whole bunch to the otaku fantasy genre.

Here and there had pretty fucking weak villains. Just saying.

>Might as well add the whole bunch to the otaku fantasy genre.

Yeah, Goblin Slayer is written by some dude who feels he's too mature for Dragon Quest.

The cast was fine. I've seen much worse.

No, Isekai is trash

I think the author of Helck really likes old-style rpg. I remember he even drew fan art of one of the old final fantasy games. I think he plays Dragon Quest quite a bit when it comes to the whole hero-subgenre.

Normally I'd say Now and Then, Here and There is overrated but no one talks about it anymore, at least not nearly as much as they used to.

We're talking about Goblin Slayer though.

Now if only the people were smarter. Then we have bigger challenge.

I thought we were talking about game world rpg style and Dragon Quest.

Are there any good dnd feel stories though? Been loving dungeon meishi and goblin slayer, but the later's update schedule is non-existant.

Arifureta started off well, but then the MC started making machine guns and jeeps. Then he found a loli vampire and a bunny girl as his sidekicks. Then he got a metal arm. etc.

It became pure shit. The purest of shit. Still, that part when he was stuck in the cave full of monsters, barely surviving, was actually interesting.

Drifters.

>Douluo dalu
>Re:monster
>Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku

The fuck does the "what i got" panel mean?

The plot went fucking ridiculous.
> Jesus and a monster army
> characters are still pretty much the same
> Deformities are still a problem

>Arifureta

I remember that I dropped it after the MC shoved a piledriver up a dragons ass which caused it to awaken as a masochist and fall in love with him.

It's a sad dragon quest.

>goblin slayer
>dnd feel

Are your dnd sessions that edgy, user?

Does this count?

Because it was great.

>implying dragon quest isn't sad already

Especially since you picked 5, one of the saddest in the series.

No it wasnt.

2deep4u

3deep5u

That sounds retarded.
But the 'good' kind of retarded.

Jesus. At what point does it cross the line from just bad plot, to the writer's fap material?

You picked my curiosoty about arifureta now.
Is it the pantsu-on-head, cheesy as fuck, valvrave/cross ange kind of retarded where retardation is par for the course, or is it legit just THAT badly written?

Is there such a thing as a good op? Most what I see is shit (thread related)

Fun manga. Check it out.

It goes hypocrisy, pulling weapons and inventions out of his ass, harem antics, crappy SOL, and chuuni-shit stuff people should never have thought up.

We never really have good demons in Dragon Quest games though.

Good monsters, sure. But no good demons.

Except that one Sephiroth-looking guy from 4

Isn't that another Mushoku Tensei clone? They really need to stop with that. It's never going to work out as well as the original.

That author knew exactly what he wanted to do with child reincarnation in mind despite all the haters and criticism. He had a clear vision in mind for Rudeuses journey, his development and worldbuilding.
Which while nothing to write home about was still better 100% copy/pasted works. Thats why it's still narou #1.

There are so many other things you could do with reincarnation, just look at Youjou Senki, that is what people need to do more. The classic Tensei+Senki combo always has so many possibilities.

Sounds fucking hillarious.
What I should have asked though was, is it retarded on purpose or is it just a case of the author being a hack?

Because it sounds entertaining as fuck.

>war is a battle with "everything"
I assume he meant "War is meant to be fought with everything you have",
But aren't there still rules to war? To avoid upsetting other countries with cruel and inhumane acts?

No rules in a war to purge demons.

demons are living creatures, too, they deserve as much respect as any other people.

Humans will use whatever tactics no matter how inhumane to defeat what they consider their enemies in bringing about the old world order they believe where demons don't exist.

You gotta smite all the evil.

You actually want to read that shit? Let me save you from cringing yourself into a coma. This is what the MC and his harem look like (pic related). Now let's go over his powers, keeping in mind that they're sent to a MEDIEVAL fantasy world, and that he builds this shit from scratch.

>Donner- a revolver made from various ores which can be a combo with lightning clad to be a rail gun with the power of 10 times a normal gun.
>Schlag- a revolver in tandem with Donner.
>Devil eye - an artifical eye and an artifact made by Hajime to see using magic.
>Two-wheel drive- a motorcycle made by Hajime to move by magic.
>Schlagen- an antimaterial riffle with a 3m long barrel 20 times stronger than Donner.
>Oscar's ring or Treasure Box- a ring which can contain objects in a different dimension.
>Prosthetic arm- a very strong metallic arm attached to the left arm of Hajime which contains various weapon and can be enhanced by pouring certain amounts of magic.It also has magical nerve's that connects it to the brain which can even make the user feel the sensation's a normal arm can feel.
>4-wheel drive- a car made by Hajime to move by magic.It can fire 4 rockets at the same time.It also has a schlagen attached to it.
>Metsurai- a gatling gun with six barrels made by Hajime which can fire 12,000 rounds per minute and can fire for 5 continuous minutes.
>Orkan- a rocket and missile launcher made by Hajime with a 12 rotary magazine.
>Incendiary Grenades-Grenades made by Hajime using transmutation.It is made by using ores which have certain effects like flash bangs,explosives, burning bombs,napalms,smoke screens, etc.
>PileBunker- a device that can be attached to Prosthetic arm which has 6 arms and a stake that can drill through anything it is made by using azanthium ore;the hardest material which weighs 4 tons, The material is compressed by compression transmutation.It also has anchors to attach against hard enemies.
>Mechanic Shield
>Unmanned Reconnaissance Planes-

If you want hilarious then So What If It's an RPG World is a good ride.

no such thing as evil

Humanity went to hell a long time ago in this manga.

Real Human beans would seek alternatives to violence.

Twelve Kingdoms was pretty good.

You are correct.

Well, you still didn't answer what I wanted to know user. That shit of retardely over-the-top weapons just makes me want to read it even more. It sounds like the hillarious kind of retarded that's so over the top you can't take it seriously.

God, I don't even know what I kept reading passed that part.

In my opinion, Arifureta has no idea what it wants to be. It started with Hajime (was that his name?) being the weakest of his class, and then being abandoned after an accident in a labyrinth. The result was that he was forced to get stronger, faster.
But the way he does it is a Deus ex Machina out the ass.
But that's fine; it's a fantasy world with fantasy dictating everything.

Coincidentally coming across a crystal that produces Super-healing-water, that is considered a legendary elixir with the power to heal and cure almost anything? Sure thing.
Monster meat is established as being poisonous, but thanks to this healing water he survives with just minor pains? Well ok, sure. Miracle healing and all that.
Eating monster meat also increases your "stats" by a massive amount, and even gives you powers of that monster, and the ability to perform magic without a catalyst nor chant? Errmm... I guess?
Turns out this magical world has super convenient minerals that can efficiently replace gunpower, oh and by the way the MC knows how to accurately create a gun and has the ability to conveniently mold materials without actually having specialized knowledge, and somehow ends up creating futuristic technology, all despite being a high-schooler...

Well, you get the idea.
It starts out being trying to be super serious with some lighthearted moments, but it ultimately devolves into the MC being the strongest person, and the story sucking his dick the whole time.

Well it seems to have a plot, but it's carried terribly. Whether or not the author is a hack is debatable.

It is by all purposes, a hack and just bad writing in the form of the most chuuni-crap imaginable.

It's not over the top as a way to poke fun at the medium. The writer is chuuni as fuck

I see.
I got my hopes up for a moment, the premise sounded fun as fuck.

That's we have this dude.

Not him but even what that user described might've been better if the writing wasn't so shit. You should just see for yourself.

I understand 95% of the authors at narou are amateurs but that was something else.

Post the i wanna build a wall edit instead.

>German named weapons, guns that fire 12 thousand rounds per minute. A rocket-launching magical car. Unmanned drones

Japan has finally done it. A light novel came out that has reached Peak Chuuni

A man to vote for.

its alright, if you keep in mind the TL is seriously shit and that the series is nothing but maximum overretard, its a pretty fun read, its got the same style appeal as mahouka, praise be to onii-sama, nuker of chinks.

as a Turk, I think Islam is the worst religion in the world and should be met with due force.

>that moment in mahouka, where oni-sama literally turns back time to bring people back to life

Is it any surprise that both were originally web novels? Not having any editors to rein in bad storytelling really shows.

As an Indonesian, I hope you like that secular dick forced down your throt.

When did it happen?

Not him, but it happened towards the end of the anime. He used his magic to revive all of his allies that died, basically by turning back time for them.

Mahouka was webnovel ?
I thought it win dengeki something newcomer awards and got serialized.

That doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult for him, he managed to restore his entire brain after his bitch sister tried to kill him by flash-freezing it in episode 3.

He does not bring people back to life in anime. He can only heal them by bringing back their body data but he cant revive dead.

Don't you have infidels to kill and women to abuse, muslim?

Nah, I prefer shitposting on Sup Forums.

It was a web-novel. Actually, the most popular web novel at the time it was being written, before Dengeki picked it up.

Err, I'm fairly certain he can bring back the dead in the anime. It's been a long time since I watched it, but I think I remember Miyuki even saying that he could bring them back as long as they died within the last 24 hours or so.

>Tensei shitara slime datta ken
Stopped reading there.

Is this shit actually good? Died an old fat fuck perv, born a baby perv. Shit's putting me off.

Really liking this series

Shit's good, any recs with similar mc?

Understandable.
He's quite a perv through most of the story, but it gets less off-putting as he settles into the environment.

Well, if you can tolerate the fact that the MC is actually 32 year old fatass, then I feel the story is pretty great. Among the "isekai genre" (if you can even call it a genre) Mushoku Tensei is probably one of the strongest stories.

>90 replies
>nobody has yet mentioned Muv-Luv Unlimited and Muv-Luv Alternative

He actually grows out of being a perv by 12/13 which is about the 4th book after he's in jail.

>VN
>Space-time travelling haremshit with mecha, aliens, and a bit of gore with lots of EDGE.

Yea, no.

That scene where he becomes the prison senpai is damned funny

Shield bro is pretty interesting at least

Iscaflowne is good isakai

shield bro starts off good then turns to wish fulfillment harem shit halfway through

Do they fug?