Why do so many westernfags hate moe? What the fuck is wrong with them?

Why do so many westernfags hate moe? What the fuck is wrong with them?

Because 99% of it is shit

99% of gaijin taste is shit.

Because it triggers them.

But I like moe.

They're simply afraid of it. They're afraid that they'll come to like it. See, moe plays with the basic human instincts in that it emulates protective instinct based on childlike features/gestures. The execution is specific but the appeal is universal.

Westerners are used to the manly men stereotype and feels threatened when faced with moe because it appeals to their softer side. Moreover they also antagonize people who embrace moe.

So basically

Because they are not moe.

They hate cute things

My wife Chino is so cute.

There's nothing wrong with Moe

That's because no one on this board can define moe without looking it up.

A strong feeling of affection towards a character.

>mfw I'm writing my thesis on moe

Then no anime is moe. Moe is something you can feel towards an anime.

They hate things they don't understand

Girls are icky.

Pretty much this.

Praise the work of trips.

Because its escapism for loser faggots

It's a world they don't understand, thus can't appreciate.

Westerners feel lost without a big hunky man as the lead.

Maybe westerners dont think and watch with their dicks, and just watch things that are most relatable to them?

They're mostly high school kids doing nothing with their time, though. Anime about high school girls is more closely related to them than the shounen they insist is the only "real" anime.

It's shit and boring.

Westerners think they can't enjoy cute things or people will make fun of them

I just like a bigger variety of characters than a bunch of cookie cutter cute girl archetypes. I don't mind one in the mix to draw moefags in, but it gets tired when that's all a show has to offer.

I dont think they can relate to little girls pretending to be fake lesbians

>pretending to be fake lesbians
So they're secretly lesbians but they're trying their best to not look lesbian by overplaying the stereotypical yuri look?

I don't give a shit about moe characters the problem lies in the anime genre. The fact that 80% of new anime builds the whole show around moe and that becomes the only redeeming quality of it pisses me of. There is no plot no, no theme, no conclusion just infantile children walking around screaming bullshit.
>but muh escapism
>muh healing animu
My personal experience is that those people who consider these shows healing are becoming more and more alienated because of the abstract and sometimes non existent structure and infantile content.
>but user Japan is the culture of cute
That was the answer I got lot of times. I don't think that cute stuff has to be moe. Moe is always cute but cute is not always moe

This desu.

They think moe are only for creepy people.

Because there's a lot of shit quality moe out there and moefags standards are so low that they praise everything regardless of how good it really is. Gochiusa is once in decade breakthrough series and yet it only gets recommended among a bunch of trash shows, so what are the chances your average westernfag will watch it first?

Because no one isn't interested in see girls doing cute things and it's pointlessly boring as shit. It's pretty self explanatory.

because gaijins are normalfags

You are not allowed to like cute girly girls in the West. You should only love manly women who need no man.

agree

cause, they are afraid to become pedophile?

I dont think westerners watch anime to jack off to it like moeshitters do

>no action = no plot

That's not how it works.

Many moe shows have good plot. Meanwhile most action anime have horribly bad plot.

They don't have autism.

Because most of it is shit
I dont mind original moe anime
It's not my thing so I usually dont watch them
But most are "Look, cute little girls doing cute thing, isn't it cute? Buy our BD and merchandising pls"
They are just otakub8 made to make money with as little effort as possible

Makes sense that anime for otaku like Akira, Gochiusa, SB69, Re:Zero, Mob Psycho 100, K-On, Ghost in the Shell, Non Non Biyori, Konosuba, Grimgar, Macross, Evangelion, Gundam, Luluco, Valkyrie Drive, Bakemonogatari, Madoka, Gargantia and so on would try to bait otaku.

It's all about the diverse taste of the anime otaku.

Immaturity

They are not very confident on themselves and would be embarrassed to be seen as "liking cute shows".

When you get wiser and stop caring so much about "being cool", you watch whatever you like.

I actually liked quite a bit Yuru Yuri and Non Non Biyori but absolutely hated GochiUsa and Kiniro Mosaic, there wasn't any "fun" or "relaxing" moment, it was just cute for the sake of being cute, even the cuteness of these two shows was "artificial".

Moe feels manipulative which I could forgive if it wasn't shit. It tries too hard to be cute.

They are obssessed with all anime having serious plot (plotfags) to justify their hobby which is seen as immature.

*all anime needing to have serious
Oops

>Why do so many westernfags hate moe?
>Nekopara sells like hotcakes in Steam
Nah, everyone likes moe.

I'm not a westernfag, but true moe only shines when it's carefully balanced with non-moe.
A series filled with nothing but moe thrown at the viewer is basically a cake made entirely out of frosting.

Pic related, true moe and a smile I would protect.