Does your country have separatist movements like Catalonia? How likely are they to split?

Does your country have separatist movements like Catalonia? How likely are they to split?

Other urls found in this thread:

hungarianfreepress.com/2017/09/28/referendum-proposed-on-autonomous-roma-province-in-hungary/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_Åland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

California I guess.
>How likely are they to split?
Not likely at all. If they break off the democrats will lose a ton of votes. They won't let them leave

What about Texas?

This plus Texas, South, Northern Virginia, and New York.

texas has been kinda quiet about it lately, I think

>Not likely at all. If they break off the democrats will lose a ton of votes. They won't let them leave
not to mention norcal doesn't want it, they're just being quiet about it, or shut out by socal. but if it ever came through to fruition norcals who provide a majority of farming would more than likely move out

I don't think the US has a single serious separatist movement, except a state movements

wtf are you guys talking about
t. Californian

>wtf are you guys talking about
the Californians that had been whining for succession
t. knower

>Does your country have separatist movements like Catalonia?
Kashmir. Thanks a lot, faggots

No one left to split at the end of a nuclear war.

Yea we don't want to leave now that Trump is here.

:^)

Not really, there's like 10 inactive guys in the jungle

There's one party in Bavaria that suggests doing a referendum on Bavarian independece.
They got like 1% in the last election

Someone talked something about Easter Island

>he doesn't know

Don't forget La República independiente de Magallanes

Yes we got many of them, but they are never going to leave

Let them free, m8

well, shit

There are three actually, but the most known one is "O Sul é Meu País" (The South is my Country).

I wish it fucking happened now, but the movement's growth is really slow, the movement itself is filled with good-for-nothing "chair addicts" and the population in general wants it in a fairly apathetic way.

Yes
Not likely in the slightest

It's literally a maymay, this is not even a movement

>It's literally a maymay, this is not even a movement
It is a ~20 years old serious movement, but it has the problems I just mentioned. Those guys sit all day and discuss, that's it - while this militants are poorly informed and poorly engaged, so any political momentum they get due to circumstances is easily lost.

To be honest I think we should create another entity for that.

Do you live in the south?

By his eagerness to answer "it's a maymay!", I don't think he does.

(I do. I'm )

He should STFU then.

Yes. Every state has a very small secessionist movement. It grows when the opposite political party is in power a the Federal level. For example, secession was unthinkable for California when Obama was president, but under Trump, Californians are talking about it (no one serious is talking about it though, just idiots and jokers). Texas is probably the most secessionist state; because 20-30% of them think it is legal for them to secede without the Federal government's permission (it isn't legal).

Very unlikely. I doubt that I'll ever see any state hold a referendum to secede, let alone successfully secede. It's not legal to secede without Federal approval, and any major changes would fuck up the Democrat/Republican balance-of-power. The most likely secession would be the territory of Puerto Rico, but they are in dire need of money/aid from the Federal government, so I don't think they would ever want to secede unless some foreign power replaced the US as their benefactor; but the US would respond to this with hostility.

no

Not even from Denmark?

bump

Sami

No we have unification movements

just cuckbec

We have the opposite, Hungarians forming secessionist movements that want to rejoin

Except memes? I guess none. Never heard of any.

What about the Chechens and other Caucasian meme groups?

western australia

Texas could fuck off at any moment because they have their own electrical grid and sources of food/fuel/finance. But they're alright with Trump so far

Never heard of that. This guys are peaceful.

They can't sustain themselves and dream to come to Moscow. Kadyrov said they can't work because they forgot how to because of the wars, lol. Laso South Ossetia is going to have a referendum to join Russia.

Only people with some german ancestry and no noticable african ancestry should be able to vote in the Southern Reich

Kill Russia

They killing themselves with ((Putin))'s policies regarding Central Asian and Caucasus Muslims.

everybody wants Tasmania to fuck off but they want to stay

There is the Chiriquí thing, but it is mostly jokingly.

We have one over in Mindanao. How likely? If Bangsamoro pushes through, unlikely to happen in the long-term. Right now though, considering how factional the separatist movements there are, independence for them is unlikely in the short-to-medium term.

Most likely is WA but it's not ever going to happen

Yes. Never unfortunately.

Corsica, but hasn't been in the news in years. The Corsica topic is often the biggest test for politicians' claim that they have big balls.

Corsican independentist have strong links with the mafia, they take revenge by assassinations.

So though they never got their independence (they're poor as fuck btw, live on tourismbux and claim they want to get rid of the tourists too), obviously they got a lot of litte advantages as compared to other régions. (Alsace still has such advantages)

Why do you idiots keep repeating a meme dreamt up by a couple dozen people as if California wants anything to do with it?

Sabah and Sarawak each have their own separatist movement. Fuckers have like 40% autonomy but they want more. Got serious a few years back so the federal govt's been spending like crazy on their infrastructure to make them stay.

Also got the Sultanate of Sulu on the northeastern coast of Sabah trying to take over the state because "Muh birthright!"

Hindustanas lagnaar.
Azadi azadi azadi azadi azadi

>faroese sami
jaha

Oui. Not at all likely.

California's communist-aligned tech industry is what is worrisome. In the event of civil unrest the damage they can do is simply shocking.

It'll probably surprise non-Australians, but yes.

Western Australia, like New Zealand, initially had no desire to federate with the other colonies. The only reason they actually joined Australia was because just before the federation vote the Victorian economy suffered the biggest crash in Australian history just as the gold rush was kicking off in WA, so the colony was flooded with pro-federation Victorians. They later had a referendum to secede in the 30s, but the Australian government refused on the grounds that it was unconstitutional. Things calmed down a bit after their problems were addressed, but it's heated up again over tax distributions. The rest of the country leeched off WA during the mining boom when it was the richest state in the country, then when the boom ended and the economy shrank they continued to get shafted. The opposition party in WA just voted to consider a motion for WA to economically separate from the rest of the country.

>flanders

unlikely , they had their best chance to do it when we were without a governement for like a year and they didnt do anything

because it made national news and LA controls the cultural narrative of California
t. california who doesn't want to secede

Yeah but the news will blow anything out of proportion and in my experience, even people in LA though the idea was laughable.

Really my problem is everyone giving us shit for 5 seconds of secessionism, especially when Texans and Dixiefags do nothing but bitch about secession for the tiniest things and whatever the hell Cascadians think they are doing.

>Yeah but the news will blow anything out of proportion
normies don't really acknowledge this tho, and that's all who they need to reach

my problem was norcal has been wanting to secede for decades because of little to no representation:
>"you're just bunch of racist hicks"
>zero coverage.
LA wants to secede and take us with them bc trump:
>national news

>my problem was norcal has been wanting to secede for decades because of little to no representation
I'm going to disagree that they get no representation. They have as equal representation as possible considering their population, and it's not like they are the only rural people in the state. Additionally, half of their gripes with the state is shit that had nothing to do with the state. Though I admit that the modern population distribution fucks any sort balance in the state.

I will say that every southern Californian I have met who knows about the idea is very sympathetic to the North. There is a good deal of will to change things to make it work, we just don't know how to do it.

hungarianfreepress.com/2017/09/28/referendum-proposed-on-autonomous-roma-province-in-hungary/

Åland Islands have some

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_Åland

No, only some joke ones.

0 percent likelihood.

Not really, Istria wants more autonomy, which relates to leaving local community more of tax money.
We had Serbs, but they're gone.

We have Belgian separatists, but they don't harm js because we let them believe they are independent already

>live on tourismbux and claim they want to get rid of the tourists too
every tourism based area ever

California, Texas, South Brasil, Western Australia, etc. independence movements are all memes because they're not based on a shared ethnicity/culture/identity that differentiates them with the rest of the country and thus will never gather enough support. Same happens in all the New World really, Québec being the most legit though.

no. not.

Yes. Not at all.

There are no real separatist movements in the USA.

its more about putting a cool bumper sticker on your truck than anything else here.

Fellow patriots, do we have any separatist movements in Hellas?
Crete or Thrace perhaps? I'm not aware of any separatists here

psst, buddy. Got some bump?

We do, in Eptanisa. It's gotten more and more popular lately, with the ridiculous taxation and bureaucracy that the government is forcing into us.

How does it make you feel that this perfect white woman fucks black guys?

Fucking muslims
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency

Really it's the DMV area not just nova. Would like to see some of the rich dems live amongst the nigs from maryland

>eptanisa
I mean, I get Crete, maybe Thrace would also work, but how the hell would the eptanisa even survive? Do they have any significant industry except for maybe tourism?

kek

>except for maybe tourism
There you go. Most of the island basically makes enough over 4 months to live comfortably for the rest of the year. Tourism is really really lucrative, especially when the filthy communists don't tax you to death.

She's really pretty

Hers a poll from this summer askign people if the would be favourable to independence of their state.

Melbourne should be kicked out and made to be a city state called Cuckstralia. Also Sydney should become New South China

Quebec does, however since the last referendum failed, there haven't been many talks about it for a few years now.