Why did the Viking/Norse come back from North America?

Nothing to rape, pillage and plunder
Bad weather conditions
Immigration policy

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik
khazaria.com/khazar-history.html
imdb.com/title/tt2597966/
youtube.com/watch?v=qCRqZ5n909k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Rosee
no.wiktionary.org/wiki/søppel
vikingrune.com/2009/05/top-ten-viking-hoaxes/
youtube.com/watch?v=OB8iGXyLoNY
youtube.com/watch?v=414mrPgK5Yk
youtube.com/watch?v=9n-fUv1ZDKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

America was infested with red niggers at the time.

The Vikings weren't a civilization as such, they were parasites on civilization, like the Mongols. They moved from place to place, sucked it dry and killed it, and moved on the next place.

It was so far from other viking colonies so they either stay there or sail back. Those who stay were then killed by natives.
Vikings built many cities like Kiev and civilizations in Normany and Siciliy.

>Vikings built many cities like Kiev and civilizations in Normany and Siciliy.
Souce or WE

I always assumed they left because there was nothing of value. Probably found a tribe or two, slaughtered them, and realized that it was too easy/not enough payoff to keep going.

They probably couldn't farm land there well enough and were BTFO by natives.

Wiking law dictates that a woman can sue for divorce if her husband has not laid with her for a certain amount of time. Most went back to their comfy wives

D.. Do you not know the story of the Kievian Rus?

>Kievian Rus
Kyi, Shchek and Khoryv (Ukrainian: Кий, Щeк, Хopив) are the three legendary brothers, sometimes mentioned along with their sister Lybid (Ukrainian: Либiдь), who, according to the Primary Chronicle, were the founders of the medieval city of Kiev – now the capital of Ukraine. The legend is widely recognized as a source of Kiev's mythology and urban naming.

Vikings fear the native America

lets talk about the facts, dimitri

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik

I'm so sick of burgers commenting on history, and this is why

Skraelings killed them.

>Vikings built many cities like Kiev and civilizations in Normany and Siciliy.

A French elite in Sicily

You may as well claim that the Sicilian mafia in NYC are Vikings too

I've heard they traded with fur, which the Vikings then again traded in Europe and Turkey

Slavicized tribes with Iranian origins?

or

The great capital city of modern Ukraine, Kiev, was founded by Khazars or Hungarians. Kiev is a Turkic place name (Küi = riverbank + ev = settlement). A community of Jewish Khazars lived in Kiev. Other towns of the Khazars, many of which also had important Jewish communities, included Kerch (Bospor), Feodosia, Tamatarkha (Tmutorokan), Chufut-Kale, Sudak, and Sarkel. The local governor of Samandar was Jewish, and it may be assumed that many of the governors of these other localities were also Jewish. A major brick fortress was built in 834 in Sarkel, along the Don River. It was a cooperative Byzantine-Khazar venture, and Petronas Kamateros, a Greek, served as chief engineer during the construction.
khazaria.com/khazar-history.html

Most didn't go back. They kept getting into fights with the locals, and they got worn down.

He's right you degenerate snow monkey

>trade with fur?

You spelled "explorers" wrong, faggot.

they didn't come back user.
In the startt settlements such as leifsbuða was only used seasonal, you had other ones we do not know about in markland too, one would go there for lumber

Later one settled permanently and when shit turned really bad on greenland many moved there. There was an isolated skræling tribe living isolated in markland when the french came. They had a faith that seem to be mixed with local customs, ásatrú and christianity.

Unfortunately they assimilated with once, so we do not really have much information to go on.

Also at the height the population in the two counties in Greenland was only 6k people

Skraelings

>Normandy
>it's even in the damn name
>Sicily or Sikilsey, normans did some shit there yes. Took it from arabs and whatnot, I'm not so familiar with the story

it means frail,sick, thin

we still use the word, like today I'm skrall from drinking too much beer last night. And I'm going to the store so I'll be well today but fucked tomorrow

What do you call garbage?

prove him wrong

Varg fantasy painting?

Note it says settlement

we just use it interchangeably with injun/savage

Hm.. don't know about that map man.
Some things are off like that loyal Varangians got pieces of land handed to them by the Basileus in whats now Crimea

I think it's old by now, could use a update with what we know now.

What's Skraelingjar mean on Greenland?

eskimos

Better question. Why did vikings leave Egypt?

I bet this is those seapeople that raided much of the med terr early on in history

because it became a dessert

sea peoples = Obviously Vikings

>this fucking post
did you get your history facts from video games or something?

Scott Wolters theorized, with some compelling evidence, that they were just here to mine copper in the Great Lakes region. imdb.com/title/tt2597966/

>8 : göter : ok : 22 : norrmen : po :
>...o : opþagelsefärd : fro :
>vinland : of : vest : vi :
>hade : läger : ved : 2 : skLär : en :
>dags : rise : norr : fro : þeno : sten :
>vi : var : ok : fiske : en : dagh : äptir :
>vi : kom : hem : fan : 10 : man : röde :
>af : blod : og : ded : AVM :
>frälse : äf : illü.
>här : (10) : mans : ve : havet : at : se :
>äptir : vore : skip : 14 : dagh : rise :
>from : þeno : öh : ahr : 1362 :
8 geets and 22 norse on
expedition from
vinland west vi
had camp by two reefs one
days travel north of this stone
we were fishing and the next day
we came home found 10 men red
off blood and dead AVM
salvation off ill
have 10 man by the sea to watch
over our ships 14 days travel
from this island year 1362

>this stone they keep debunking and bunk back again, the argument is over one word there opdagelsesferd. This was in the time we changed language from old norse to dutch-scand
>It adds up with letters found a lot later describing such an expedition to convert heathens back to christianity
>an english bishop was with them as they killed the one on greenland

you shouldn't rule it out actually, to just illustrate the activity up the river there, there has been found I don't remember either it was 1200 or 1600 drill holes into hard rock.

They were the only ones in the world that could do it then, and it was to insert this iron rod one used to tie up ships with

they were here because they were trying to find somewhere better to live than a frozen barren volcanic rock

kek

we also called it vinland the beautiful actually, here is a song about it
youtube.com/watch?v=qCRqZ5n909k
it isn't texted though

when was this true?
this could explain so much.

here is the latest news
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Rosee
signs of metal work

If I remember correctly it was the Emirate of Sicily but then Norman's came and went all Deus Vult on mooslums

nice saved!
I know the leafs are doing shitloads of breakthrough shit over there now, it was on the tv here that they found some hunting grounds and artifacts that showed trading with skræling up at helluland too(baffin island)
I think this is correct, but juding by the map up there it also seem to have been some movings into there not only there but also south italy. I don't know so much about just this as it isn't much about it in the sagas. Well ours, but I'm sure there are norman ones describing it though

>norman
>nordmann
this is the word in our native tongue for our ethnicity btw. Norræna/norron covers us, icelanders, faroers(I can't even spell this in english), shetlanders and orkney niggers

Soeppel. no.wiktionary.org/wiki/søppel

Hmm... I bet this is supposed to be Karslefni on krossanes, one of many places we're not fully sure where is but I think I know where it is

It was a big skræling camp/town in the end of the fjord, they encountered a few of them and killed 3 but some got away and got the entire village after them

Because they landed in Canada.

>Normans did some shit

Yeah, like made England ENGLAND.

Also, ISIS and Aztecs basically maybe amateurs when it comes to slowly torturing their conquered....blood eagle torture was fairly state of the art and seemingly still little known let alone displayed in any movies about them.

Is true
The battle with all the Haralds. Our Harald were down with William the winter before, and william promised his daughter to him. When he heard Harald had fallen, he got so angry, that when he jumped on his saddle he accidentally killed his wife by kicking his spurs in her chest, he didn't even know before his men later told him. Then he took england, and killed the danish Harald there, 14 days after the fall off our Harald

carve eagle that was some nasty shit, it was a rare form of torture. People lit went in houses and set them on fire to avoid that shit. They would rather burn a live than to be carved eagle on, like this swedish king

they didnt leave, well not really

the icelanders and greenlanders were visiting the vinland coast at least as late as the 14th century for a souce of timber.

butternuts have been found in viking settlemnts in newfoundland, which dont grow north of the st lawrence river

seems these vikings were too few in number to conquer the amerindians so settled to trade with them, or raid them. or both.

They dont. Natives killed them all.

Well of course.
If you screamed during it you'd be denied access to Valhall and the eternal cum guzzling. Try holding back while someone's cracking open your back with with a mini axe and pulling your lungs out

vikingrune.com/2009/05/top-ten-viking-hoaxes/

kek
also if you die in fire, is a sure entry to valhall, he basically bloted him self

english please

Normans were Arab.

Yes, agreed (((fellow white))). The converso Jew, Christopher Columbus is the true founder of civilization on the American continent. Us Northern Europeans were nothing but savages.

>Burger education

Normans were Arab? WTF

They didn't, they went south and become Inca Viracochas. They weren't killed by natives in Vinland and Newfoundland, they traded with them. This is the truth and it has been destroyed by jealous christians. I have sailed around the world and seen it for myself.

lmao, the normans were scandinavians who settled. The ancestors of William the conqueror was norse

as I said the runestone there is debated a lot, nothing is set in science, so in one moment it's real, the very next it's not.

However the swedish farmer Olof that found it had no means to acquire the mentioned documents, very doubtfully the norse historian he went to either. It has only been found in more modern times. So either it is an elaborate hoax that actually coincidentally touches mentioned expedition to reinstate a bishop on greenland and reconvert heathens, or it is real.

Pic related is one of the greatest muh wikangz hoaxes though. They took their tooth there and said it was unicorn horns and sold it to stupid european emperor and other rich people

They sailed south, up the amazonas, carried their ships when necessary.

indeed he was he was the grandson of Gange Rolv which also was the cousin of Harald Hairfair, our 2nd one king. First being more obscure King Nor which most likely is Njord.

Most of the normans were danish, but the leaders were norse. They simply picked the ones of highest linage, which happened to be Gange Rolf

Vikings as such are a meme you idiot

good post

Rurik was a finn

Normans where French, not Norwegian/Danish, stop wewuzzing

it just means pirate
we were still swedes, norse and danes s back then too. It would be as we called the bong civilization pirates when they did that stuff

They even called mudshit pirates in spain muh wikangs as they were doing the pirate stuff

Too far away and no gold. But the vikings did introduce sickness to the natives and when other euros showed up much later the population was already low.

Future European explorers basically walked in on a post apocalyptic world. Only the future whiskey niggers didn't rebuild their mound towns.

>Being this retarded
It's a new low for you burger.

There was this thing called the little ice age.

This goes in /his/

There's several reasons, one is there weren't many to begin with, pressure from the natives and the general distances involved made it rather hard to do. Also a change in climate

they took french language after 80 years Sven.
There were no people even living there, the area was woods and they cleared it. The real name for Rouen, their main seat, was Ruða or Rud in swedish

When they took it, the attacks on Paris seized as they agreed to become a len under the French King and protect it against vikings. It's more complicated though, as it was actually a free harbour for any viking, you were just not allowed to attack there or go further into France from there. Given their own history they were always lenient and welcoming to other vikings. Gange Rolf him self ended up there, because he did strandhögg in the oslo area after returning from Viking in the east, so he was thrown out by King Harald which had a big problem domestically with vikings attacking at that point. Gange Rolf was lucky though, he only lived because his mother begged her relative Harald for his grid.
youtube.com/watch?v=OB8iGXyLoNY
>So no
>they were not french
>But they took french tongue

Even Vikings spent time counting shekels....

Tell me about the Clovis people.

Climate change, shit was getting colder and would end the "viking age"

Vikings were too few and got their asses handed to them just like in Greenland. Native Americans and inuits did a real good job at keeping foreigners out until era of enlightenment

>There were no people even living there

that is just not true

i accept that normandy had significant viking settlement but

>be pagan Iceland
>Took part in raiding and the Danelaw settlements
>Fairly well off, could afford amazing boats, sail the seas
>First to set up colonies in Greenland, North America
>Didn't go so well, but there weren't that many, could always try again with more men
>*You have a message from: King of Norway.*
>"Lol start praising this (((abrahamic))) religion where we bow down to a desert semite on a cross or I'll invade you kthx"
>Become an agrarian shithole for a thousand years
>Literally have never been relevant since 1000AD
BRAISE JEBUS, THE TRUE WHITE RELIGION!!!

if there even was people there, they were not many. The initial space they took prolly isn't like the county there today. This I do not know

Ruða/Rouen means cleared forest btw
youtube.com/watch?v=414mrPgK5Yk
Another song about Gange Rolf/Rollo, this is texted but it's also censored as they are actually singing about killing niggers no meme (bluemen, we said blue to black then)

Only if those squaw bitches are getting they heads cut off.

Nordic women are fine in USA. Pic related.

Fucking Tryggvason, he never dared to set foot on iceland though but later that dutch kike Tangbard came

He was a drunkard priest that fought a lot, and while there he killed three people. Close upon arrival though the earth opened under his feet and he was almost swallowed whole, he should have taken the hint.

You might ofc know this, but this video by skálmöld is from when Tryggvason got a seidman to take the form of a whalerus and check island out. This is what he saw, and this is why Tryggvason(who also met odin and went total paranoid about it) never dared to set foot there
youtube.com/watch?v=9n-fUv1ZDKI
>they have taken it all straight from the saga

Weather conditions was the reason.

Back then there was a pathway through Greenland. Later it did froze to non passage. It still can be seen if you look closely Greenland images.

go to bed russia you are drunk
it doesn't work like that here, we don't even racemix with other euros

Climate change
The stopping points on the way to America became uninhabitable for their lifestyle

Let the raping begin

explain to me infant exposure that the christians wanted to get rid of