Ikuhara Thread

Let's take this time to appreciate Ikuhara, the savior of anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sT95zooV_ug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I miss Ikuhara.

>tfw you'll never amount to anything

YuriKuma was good

But that was 20 years ago

Isn't all his anime just lesbians and sexuality?

No, you could say all his anime are about sacrifice though.

Now that Gojira is a success and Anno isn't being forced to direct EVA for the rest of his life, are we looking at that long promised collaboration?

Most of it is faggot shit drenched in symbolism to appear deep.

So, lesbians sacrificing themselves to awaken their sexuality?

Even Yuri Kuma isn't JUST lesbians and sexuality, and that's the only one a strong focus on lesbians.

Gentle reminder that Utena > Penguindrum > Yurikuma

Sometimes they just try to rape young girls.

Hello, it is I, Ikuhara.
My next anime will be about lesbian computers.

>Ikuhara has stated that he likes anime with yuri elements because he feels that when a female character is given a male love interest, the relationship between them tends to overwhelm the other elements of the show.
How do you feel about this?

Mawaru Penguindrum has just 1 lesbian character and even then she falls for the dick at the end.

>Utena = Penguindrum > Yurikuma
ftfy

I feel like it's just an excuse to "justify" yuri, which is unnecessary. If you enjoy something, own it up- don't make petty excuses.

True, but I still realy like all of them, Utena is on another level though

Still got Utena in my backlog, but Penguindrum was an amazing show. His directing style is great and I appreciate the depth he puts in his work.

Pretty true. Utena is just harder to watch.

All three are godtier though

I wish.

Yuri kuma was fun to watch and play bingo.

By the way does anyone have the gaijin 4koma chart for mawaru penguindrum?

Penguindrum threads were so much fun. I haven't found a series with such enjoyable threads since.

You should really watch Utena as soon as you can, it's absolutely my favorite of the 3.

Sadly, with each anime he produces it gets shorter and shorter.
So enjoy yourself with it.

Not that user but I consider Utena to be something I would only watch once. The only character I didn't hate by the end was Nanami.

I have to agree with this user. Watching it a second time is just no enjoyable.

Best girl booty

Yeah, that's part of the reason I suggested that he take his time and enjoy himself with it.

Watching it again right afterwards isn't a great idea, but that first watch is like nothing else.

I started a rewatch immediately after finishing and enjoyed it twice as much.

This.

I had trouble enjoying it cause I hated everyone but that blue haired guy that died and Nanami. They were all awful shitty people.

The last time I felt saved was Crowds: Insight, but before that Yuri Kuma
Come back anytime Ikuhara, you gay fuck

If you ask people what they first remember about Yurikuma, most are going to say lesbians. So while I agree that romance often overwhelms a story, I don't see how he can argue that yuri is somehow an exception.

Thanks.

Utena is easily his best work.

Bullshit, the thing people remember most about YK is the bears. How many lewd webms of human girls do you often see posted? None. Now how often webms of bears sniffing each other's asses? Quite is the answer, quite often.

I was kind of letdown when Yurikuma threads didn't live up to MPD threads.

He is sort of right. Look at how everyone is complaining about the pairing of bleach and not the other hundreds of things wrong with the ending.

>They were all awful shitty people.

How can you like a cat murderer? Also they're all just people, nobody is pretty when you strip them down. When you watch Utena you need to be striving to identify with the emotions that drive the characters to behave the way they do.

My nigga

Yeah yeah, she killed that cat but out of the rest she was the best girl.

There's no coming back from killing a cat. It automatically makes you subhuman scum.

She was just a dumb child. Better than being a faggot.

Heh, I remember that fucking thread like it was yesterday.

>I hated everyone but that blue haired guy that died
Ruka was a bully.

I remember when Shouma's penguin was a representation of his empty, broken soul lining up the bodies of dead cockroaches in a subconscious rejection of incest.

Ruka literally did nothing wrong.
All he wanted to do was help Juri to stop brooding over her past and move on.

It takes balls to sacrifice your own reputation for the sake of a friend like that.

I want to turn Juri-san straight!

Aren't they not blood related in that show?

Man I miss 80s pants.

Yeah, but we had no way of knowing that around the time that speculah emerged.

We didn't know that yet.

Not even Incest.

People accepted the other hundreds of things wrong with the ending once they found out there was 5 weeks to wrap up the entire plot, which left no time to do anything that mattered.

Pairings are all they had left to look forward to and they were shit too.

They did the same with Naruto though.

Aside from molesting Juri and being a massive cunt to Shiori

He failed.

Into the trash he goes!

>being a massive cunt to Shiori
She deserved all of it.

Penguindrum speculah threads were possibly the actual height of Sup Forums. It's a real shame there are no series any more which merit the level of speculah discussion achieved by MPD. I could tell that there were some remnants seeking this same thing in the Mayoiga threads, but that show was complete trash.

>If you ask me Ringo needs to Shouma got hit by a car her diary
Makes me laugh every time.

Concrete Revolutio also had some nice speculah.

How were Yurikuma threads when the show airing?

Go back to dead, Ruka.

The series was too short and had less mistery elements than MPD.

Naruto's ending was funny because Sasuke wound up with the girl he treated like dog food the whole time. Also the ending to that was full retard too, only it had time to actually resolve a plot.

Dead

Filled with shitposting because anons who had never seen an Ikuhara show jumped right into Yuri Kuma and got lost.

After about the 4th week the threads died down and were a lot of fun.

Decent but no where near the level of Penguindrum threads.

You just have to keep an eye out for original shows with any kind of mystery element. I've enjoyed fantastic speculah threads from the likes of K, Anohana, and Kyosogiga, to name a few.

>roflbot
I don't care if you saved it off of Sup Forums years ago, kill your self for posting this garbage and not knowing better to not save it

You were undoubtedly one of the fucks shitting up the penguindrum threads then, and this thread now.

>having autism

For whatever reason it attracted a lot of shitposters who just wanted to see the show crash and burn and people looking forward to it disappointing. I remember when at least one autistic faggot (dedicated little fucker) was pushing that there wouldn't be any real yuri (kissing).

There was lots of OC and investigation into the symbolism and stuff too though, the show attracted more creative and bright anons than shitters I'd say

I remember a lot of arguments about the possibility Lulu being a brocon, but I wasn't very involved in the threads.

It made us feel like the girls when this tripfag appeared.

Shabadadu

>he will never shaba your dadu

Go to bed Ruka, you're dead.

and the main relationship in yuri kuma arashi didn't overwhelm its plot?

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions

youtube.com/watch?v=sT95zooV_ug

No, because Lulu was best girl and she was part of the main relationship.

wasn't*