Should sugar be banned? Food companies are sneaking it into everything now...

Should sugar be banned? Food companies are sneaking it into everything now. Meanwhile more and more evidence is accumulating that proves sugar is basically the sole cause of the obesity, diabetes, and heart failure epidemic.

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19780990
reddit.com/r/ketoscience/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything should be legal and easily accessible so people can kill themselves off if they're too stupid to regulate on their own.

Why are fatasses so fucking retarded? You can read the nutrition facts label and see it has sugar in it.

HFCS should be for sure.

Toddler's love sugar, and nobody would expect a small child to have the ability to self regulate anything. Parents can't regulate it for them because they are also addicted. Also most people just don;t realize how harmful it is, responsible parents will happily feed their kids fruit juice thinking they are actually doing the kid good.

Sugar shouldn't be illegal, but hopefully it will become less and less desirable, like tobacco use. Most people are aware that sugar and processed foods are bad, but there aren't enough fast easy alternatives to make a change. I think companies are aware of this hidden demand and will start developing things like a healthy but cheap fast food chain.

Lack of education

You call yourself an American?

just tax the living shit of someone who dosent meet their height weight ratio

At this point everyone who gives a shit can get online and learn about a keto diet and the evil of carbs. Banning it is stupid, but people should be smarter about what they put in their bodies. Over time humanity will either evolve immunity to sugar or the average IQ will increase as fatties die off.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19780990

>but there aren't enough fast easy alternatives to make a change.
Every single major fast food chain has a ketogenic option on the menu, or they'll alter a menu item to make it ketogenic. For burger places this is as easy as removing the bun from the burger. Then you can increase the fat content as you like with mayo packets.

I lost 30 pounds in 4 months by going keto with hardly any effort at all.

I knew sugar could cause diabetes, but that was the extend of my knowledge. I didn't know it also suppressed leptin so you always feel hungry. I quit sugar a month ago just because I was doing a ketogenic diet. Went from 205 to 190. Since quitting sugar, I hardly ever feel hungry anymore, it's weird. I thought it was the high fat diet supressing my appetite, but the more I read about the effects of sugar the more it sounds like that was the key.

I guess it is pretty easy to quit with all the substitutes available now. Coke Zero actually tastes fine, Equal in coffee tastes fine, and desserts made with stevia extract and/or erythritol I can't even tell the difference.

Everybody should follow a state regulated diet, with random blood tests every few days to find out cheaters, who should be shot on spot as a warning to others.

>sugar is basically the sole cause of the obesity
No. Eating like a disgusting pig and not exercising is. Sugar is just one element.

No instead we should socialize our medical insurance so that everyone can pay for fat people

15 pounds for me one month in. I don't even exercise, it's like I'm melting. I got a physical and my blood pressure was sky high, which is what got me to finally try this. Now that I'm doing it I can't believe I never did it before and ever let ymself get overweight. I don't even feel like I'm dieting. Actually feels like I'm eating more than I ever have before. Some (rare) days I actually have a hard time getting my calories up to 1300. Only hassle so far has been how hard it can be shopping, have to read everything so carefully, but that's a good thing, makes you hyper aware of everything you consume.

As far as fast food, imagine eating a plain McDonald's hamburger patty. I'd probably gag on it without the bun. Kind of telling how nasty it is if you remove one ingredient and suddenly it's repulsive.

Congrats on your huge losses!

They are also sneaking soy and soy derivatives into everything to try to make more soyboys. It's working too, one of my straight white friends was hitting on a male nigger last night after he got drunk

Exercise doesn't impact weight loss that much. It's very good for your overall health, but you can work your ass off and if your caloric intake is too high you still won't lose a pound.

As far as the caloric intake, sugar blocks your hunger inhibitors, so your brain has no idea you should stop eating. You'll literally just keep eating until your stomach is too physically full to fit anymore food.

>I don't even feel like I'm dieting. Actually feels like I'm eating more than I ever have before.
At first I thought I was cheating, because I was eating higher quality food and drinking champagne and losing weight like crazy. And I never felt hungry.

>As far as fast food, imagine eating a plain McDonald's hamburger patty.
I enjoy the double quarter pounder with cheese, no bun or ketchup or pickles. They give it to you with extra lettuce to hold onto, or they give it to you in plastic container like a salad. Then you can dump enough mayo on it to make it ketogenic and it works out pretty good. But it doesn't even compare to just cooking at home. I started cooking steak for myself and I dip it in Bearnaise sauce and it's amazing even though I'm a shitty cook.

I'm going to try to get my sister to do it next since she's gotten into one of those depression/eating spirals.

>soy
This shit drives me absolutely nuts. It's in literally EVERY FUCKING THING. I can't even BUY mayo without fucking soy in it. I have to learn to make it myself from scratch.

>I got a physical and my blood pressure was sky high
lol

No, this is the weak and stupid ones are easy to detect and we know they'll die shortly so why not letting them kill themselves slowly?

look just because you're dumb as fuck doesnt mean something should be banned

Fuck off, commie

>ban sugar
That does nothing. Ban the government from allowing subsidies and those problems would go away.

>tfw man on the right is archetype for my ubermensch

Cigarettes are legal yet requires to be 18 or 21 to buy them, why not apply the same to many products? This way it would also make the parents accountable for their children's health. I still wonder why fat children's parents are not sued for child abuse and endangering their lives after all....

>2011 - I bet they're already dead

So you have no problem that I buy a McNuke?

Yeah, I was just eating frozen pizzas and nachos before, hardly ever cooked. Now I'm making curry soups, cauliflower crust pizzas, zuccini noodle spaghetti, all sorts of weird super filling shit. Sausages and eggs for breakfast, and milkshakes (half and half, frozen raspberries, stevia extract) for dessert. Switched to Coke Zero and Equal in my coffee at work, and buying stevia/erythritol sweetened cheescakes and chocolate bars. This is NOT challenging at all. I also got my sister (and mother) doing it. My weight loss has been the most extreme though because I'm the only one counting calories. Their calories are at the weight loss level just by virtue of their appetites going down, but I'm being more careful about it so my weight loss is about double theirs.

i ate some mctrash earlier today. im pretty healthy overall, if you wanna just take into account blood pressure and heart rate. BMI is close to 30 but i got some muscles

It should be taxed, and High-Fructose should be banned. The free market philosophy is cynical profiteering, generating capital without any regard for long-term consequences, and individualism is just a spook used to justify this exploitation. The free market individualists claim to be for liberty, but they're only for the economic liberty to exploit others. When discussing social issues, they will gladly take away your freedom.

the obese should fear those who have self control

don't ban sugar

Banning shit just excuses people from developing self control. You might as well force people into a daily rationing system so they can't eat too much of a nutrient.

I'm type one diabetic, it's hereditary. Type two diabetes needs to be renamed to the lazy fuck disease. It's gets really annoying have fucking lazy fucks pretend they have it as bad as type ones. They are lazy fucks who can reverse their diabetes but people are to fucking pussy to lay down the truth. Stop being a fucking fat lazy fuck and move and eat right. Fuck I hate type twos. It's because of those loud mouth fucks, type one diabetes research gets put on hold.

But they found no significant differences between straight table sugar and HFCS. Everything bad you associate with HFCS also applies to plain old Fructose

It’s not a free market when the government subsidies it. Government subsidies kill competition and create monopolies, in every single market its happened in. I’d much rather let companies and farmers compete without one having a massive economic bonus. I would much rather have a variety of food grown and available instead of one particular type overwhelmingly grown for no other reason other than the government allowing it to be cheaper.

you can't ban sugar, that's stupid
you can have better product label regulations though, and some controls on how much of this you can put into something and still be allowed to call it that thing (like don't put a bunch of sugar in fucking bread)

>implying sugar causes diabeties and not the choice consumer's make in digesting large amounts

Its always labelled quite clear on ingredients...
...it's the vaguely named ingredients I worry about.

>2017
>thinking sugar is bad when your cell use glucose for energy
>not being redpilled on the polyunsaturated fats

lmao read more Ray Peat

>pic
where is that place and how can we get nk to nuke it?

That's what pisses me off. I know you need some sugar for the yeast to eat, but they are putting it in everything unnecessarily, even adding it to baby formula.

if only it was sugar. what's in everything is high fructose corn syrup, which is way worse than sugar for you

Blame others for your own fail.
Control yourslef
stop eating like a retarded animal

>Its always labelled quite clear on ingredients...

>The HHS list of sugar names is by no means exhaustive. According to the nonprofit Food Label Movement, there are almost 100 different names for sugar and sugar alcohols on ingredient lists. Some of the less apparent sugar names include carbitol, concentrated fruit juice, corn sweetener, diglycerides, disaccharides, evaporated cane juice, Florida crystals, fructooligosaccharides, galactose, glucitol, glucoamine, hexitol, inversol, isomalt, maltodextrin, malted barley, malts, mannitol, nectars, pentose, raisin syrup, ribose rice syrup, rice malt, rice syrup solids, sorbitol, sorghum, sucanat, sucanet, xylitol and zylose

If by some freak consumers suddenly got hip to how detrimental sugar was and started checking for it in ingredients regularly, companies would get hip as well and just start playing the name game.

There is sugar added to all mass produced grocery stuff, even bread etc. So you can only escape it by buying expensive niche stuff which is often low quality in other ways. The problem is sugar, fat and salt can be had cheap and humans crave it so the corporations will never stop fucking up their mass produced food. We could have less harmful food for the same cost.

Sugar isnt even 1/3 as bad as corn syrup but you don't day shit about that

>sugar is evil

HOLLY FUCKING SHIT, do you now anything about nutrition, or do you just parrot what oprah “doctors” tell you!?

Sugar is actually good for you. Same thing goes for salt.

If you wanna look at the bad guys, look at the high amount of estrogenic ingredients in modern “food” (like soy) or the high polyunsaturated fats which are literally everywhere nowadays.

Eggs
Olive Oil
Mustard

Makes good Mayo. Tastes a little different but real nice.

This guy, you fucking faggots.

What's up Charlotte/Concord NC user

40% of Americans are OBESE, and another 30% are just overweight. It's a huge health crisis that will cost lots of money, along with being gross and unsexy.

We could treat it similar to how cigarettes have been treated: Some restrictions on advertising; heavier restrictions for advertising and sales towards children; general anti-smoking campaigns and promotion of anti-smoking attitude...

Moderation needs to be promoted as a virtue rather than indulgence. Indulgence is currently promoted by advertising and could be restricted. I don't like the government telling people what to do or restricting freedoms, but the public already has to pay for the health effects of fat people, so I would view this as a preventional extension of Medicare.

If you consume it with fiber, ie, fruits, NOT fruit juice or sugar in isolation.

Just put a 100% tax on it and the fatties will have to actually spend some money on it.

There are different types of sugar, corn syrup is one, highly refined white sugar is another.
Both are basically the same thing, and corn syrup accounts for most of the sugar that has been added into every processed food since the 70's
Companies will actually bulk up processed food with finely ground sawdust then sweeten it with corn syrup so you can't tell the difference.

Sugar should be taxed

>thinking sugar is bad when your cell use glucose for energy

Watch the video to learn how sugar is metabolized. Your body isn't processing it the way you are thinking it does.

But you don't get fat over night and any sane person realize when they eat too much sugar. Maybe they should just be gassed

I'd support a sugar tax.
You need to tax the bad things instead of the good ones (labour)

He works in endocrinology so he should read some Ray Peat and learn more about thyroid function and polyunsaturated fats, people have been eating sugar(bread, rice) since the dawn of agriculture but people have only become fat fucks in the past 50 years, which is when vegetable oils came into the diet

Yeah, if you are going to have socialized medicine, then part and parcel with that would be slapping taxes on products that increase the healthcare costs. The tax revenue from sugar should be proportional to the healthcare costs it causes.

>people have been eating sugar(bread, rice) since the dawn of agriculture

He explains in detail why that's fine, spends about 20 minutes describing how a piece of bread is digested

Its a combination of surgar + carbohydrates that fucks people over.

The initial blast of surgar tells the body to store what energy and incoming carbohydrates it is not using as fat. Over time, this fat begins to gather in the body requiring more and more work for the heart to pump. this eventually leads to heart disease, stroke and eventually diabetes and eventual death.

Surgar is only half of the problem. I have an older retired friend of mine that is a fucking landwhale, and his wife told me that the biggest thing that fucked him over so royally was: Too much surgar, too much carbs.

So i was sitting at my desk one night just staring into space just turning this problem over in my mind.

To my shame /pol, i asked reddit... T_T i know, i KNOW /pol! Good lord!

you know what? just...just go over the MOUNTAIN of data i found okay? reddit.com/r/ketoscience/

i know, I KNOW, it's reddit cancer, just go read the science.

Why do they always dye their hair?

>vegetable oils came into the diet
Explain why places like Greece and Italy who constantly cook with oil have lower average rates of heart disease

>Should sugar be banned?
No. Stop trying to control other people. Less government intervention not more.

My health improved by eating more sugar, mainly from pulp free orange juice and milk but also honey and table sugar added to meals low in carbs, and lowering polyunsaturated fat intake. Saying sugar is bad is like saying breathing and living is bad. Actually reading science based on experimentation or intervention rather than observational studies and mainstream news propaganda reveals polyunsaturated fats and high fat intake in general to be behind almost all manner of metabolic disease, diabetes, and cancer. I keep getting leaner as my fat intake gets lower and I maintain a high sugar intake with vitamins and minerals. Sugar is helping me build muscle and maintain high androgen levels. I feel sorry for those who buy into the dogma of gains goblins and a twisted ideology that health is a function of masochism. Don't take my word for it. Learn to use search engines for finding scientific research. Try scholar.google.com or something similar. Ray Peat has a lot of references to investigate.

Olive oil isn't primarily the kind of vegetable oil that is being warned about even though it has some polyunsaturated fat. Excess polyunsaturated fats as in canola, soybean, cottonseed, corn, and fish oil and tree nuts is the real danger but frequent olive oil isn't ideal either. Traditional Mediterranean diets have much more of the healthy saturated fats, mostly from dairy, than mere memes would suggest. Coconut oil is the poster child for saturated fat and is weight loss magic at ~1 tablespoon a day btw.