Why do leftists hate Tolkien so much?

Why do leftists hate Tolkien so much?

It's something I've been noticing for a while. I read some left-wing publications (because I enjoy getting a full autism-spectrum of opinions on things), and I've noticed like 3 articles in the last 6 months that shit on Lord of the Rings and call Tolkien's writings "problematic", going so far as to say being a LotR fan is a dog whistle for being a racist Trump voter.

I read through LotR like 3 times back-to-back, the Silmarillion some 1.5 times, and enjoy some random poem/chapter readings from time to time. And I have NEVER noticed anything particularly "racist" about it (besides maybe that whole "Men of Darkness" being "swarthy" thing).

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Racism_in_Tolkien's_Works
youtube.com/watch?v=v15EER36RMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

On the surface, dark skin suggests Orc race, Elven dominions as fair skinned ethnostates who prefer their own and wish to separate themselves from an imminent terror and a mortal race.

>white men get together and protect their homelands from literal mudskins instead of preaching tolerance and appeasing them
>why leftists hate

:^)

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Racism_in_Tolkien's_Works

The eye of sauron is the Jew, the ring the corrupting effect of Jewish power. Both will be purged.

delet, dwarves are pure, PURE!

It's Christianity based.

no sport, the dwarves are the jews

> why do leftists hate Tolkien
They don't. They're willing to accept LOTR because it is an Anglo neutering of the more powerful and true Ring Cycle.
In the Ring Cycle, Albericht (a jew) steals the Rheingold and forges the ring of power over humanity.
Tolkien rewrote it to be a jew friendly fairy tale that makes them billions.
also
> flag

That's interesting and all, but what is Aragorn's tax policy?

It's almost completely based on European pagan folklore.

Everyone that's "good" is white, the only coloured people are sided with Mordor.
Orcs are niggers.
Because the right wing compares shit with it all the time, just like lefties compare shit with Harry Potter.

Orcs are niggers. The Shire is pre niggerized racially homogeneous England.

It is worth noting that the dwarves we see in the movies and books are actually outcasts of a greater dwarf empire. They were thrown out for being short, ugly, and greedy.

Check out the twitter hashtag #Orcposting

demand tributes of the elves and dwarves. make anor great again.

it's fairly obvious from their language, too, but there's nothing 'offensive' about it

WRONG

People dont understand that these are books for those initiated in secret societies.

theyre childrens books sport

Sauron = Saturn
One ring = Saturn
Eye of Sauron = All Seeing Eye = Eye of Saturn
Middle-earth is an actual place accessible from Antarctica.

The Hobit is an allegory for the First World War.
The greed of the Dwarves (Jews) leads to the battle of the 5 armies (a conflict that drags all other nations into open war)
Tolkien had some interesting hidden gems there. I notice that in both The Hobit and LoTR, the eagles come in late to save the day.
I assume it’s a reference to the US and the late entry to both world wars.

tolkien has repeatedly said thats not true

lucky he didn't read the silmarillion and found out about the naugrim, the shittier backstabbing stealer version of dwarves (also the initial version of dwarves in the early unpublished tolkien's books)

it's a mix
era iluvatar and ainu = god and angelic choir
valar and maiar = germanic/greco-roman myths

Checked

>Eagles come when the ring is already destroyed
wow.. sounds about right..

because it is so good made and it is full of whites they are too angry to admit they like it

It is one of those everlasting gems of movie cinematography

IS this what the icetunnels under there are for?
Is this where the missing nazi submarines went?
Are nazis the elves, highly evolved soon to come to us and save us?

Stated vs revealed preferences.
Maybe he didn’t intend for this but it’s a peculiar coincidence given the age he lived in and the topics he tackled.

holy fuck he looks jewish in this pic

you can twist something to make it sound like whatever you want it to

>lotr is a story about a multicultural group lead by a gay man who smash the orc supremacy patriarchy with love and friendship

it cannot be true...

I hate the dwarves now.

cuz he is christian kike, now kys

Is that why the antagonist is a giant eye hovering over a tower?

like i said here you can make anything sound like anything

Tolkien was devout Catholic, attacking his work for being racist is post-mortem character assassination.

Lotr is like the dealing with shitskins equivalent of 1984. So much of it is about protecting higher (Anglo) culture. And how the shitskin hordes don't want to share that, they want to come rape and pillage.

He was great friends with CS Lewis and although not a perfect Christian story, they were apart of a group called the 'Pen Pals' (?) to write Christian fiction literature because they both saw the messages being pushed in mainstream culture. Who is Aslan in Narnia? Jesus Christ (or an metaphor for him)..Who is Frodo? (You). They wanted young adults to be familiar with Christian themes and concepts. They also both had an interest in ancient myths. Till we Have Faces by CSL is a reworking of Greek myths. Also has a Christ figure.

For this reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=v15EER36RMk

All the race based stuff already said. It should also be noted that many writers (who are overwhelmingly left wing) hate Tolkien, not only because of the success of his work but also it's breadth and depth. In terms of world building Tolkien is the GOAT and makes everyone else look like they aren't even trying.

Tolkien's lore includes a fair amount of stuff about good leadership and moral corruption being genetic/racial traits.
It's "problematic" because it's somewhere between "(((orcs))) are genetically evil because they've been corrupted by satan." and "(((aragorn))) should be king forever because he's genetically superior to us."

You've only seen the movies haven't you.

This. Left wing writers are purely reactionary at best, and completely lore build using concepts with hardly any originality and just use it solely as an excuse to get their fantasies rather than as a tool to convey their message.

Stories like Harry Potter have no depth meaning or anything, where as you can actually really disect LoTR and find valuable truths while still being enjoyable.

Empowered men fighting for good against evil.
I'm surprised the Tribe allowed it to get past the planning stages.

Tolkein hated allegories and is on record saying this isnt true. But he did lile to leave it for our interpretations to suit our time

true, and generally veterans and WWI and II survivors that are authors are despised. No one has close to the depth of experience that they had.

I do not see any depths is the mythology ot Tolkien, it is just a fantastic story, entertaining and manichean, it's just good.

why do you care? you know theres nothing wrong with it so people who criticize it harm themself only

Because leftist kikes and the useful idiots that follow them are totalitarians by nature.

>They want to establish total power over all spheres of human existence
>They (correctly) understand politics to be downstream of culture
>Accordingly, they have set about attempting to dominate nearly all aspects of cultural production (and they have essentially accomplished this goal)
>Having done so, the next phase is to systematically attack (marginalize, co-opt, or destroy) every remaining bit of culture that is not part of their new leftist pantheon
>LotR falls into this category

Exactly. Pure allegorical writing can be extremely limiting. He wanted us to to strive and be the hero in life, not some kind of a narrow 'one off' of story.

>other
The only inspiration LotR takes from ww1 is the relationships he experienced during the war. Thats it. Theres literally nothing else from it.

except that even white people could evil.
e.g. Saruman, Grima, the hill-people of Angmar, Black Numenoreans/Kingsmen (i.e. Numenoreans that worshiped Melkor, instead of Eru).
Tolkien also said that the Dwarves weren't entirely good. There was ONLY one war in which all the dwarves of every tribe fought on the side of good (the War of the Dwarves and Orcs).
also, not all non-white humans are bad. In History of Middle Earth there is a story Tolkien wrote about a small kingdom in Far Harad that was fighting against Sauron and lived in fear of the Numenoreans (who often took them as slaves in the latter days of the Second Age, after many began worshiping Melkor).
But all Orcs are evil, though it bears noting that Orcs are descended from/related to Elves, much like ancient Israelites were "related" to the Canaanites.
Orcs = Canaanites

>called the Pen Pals
Inklings

Thx. I was sure I had it wrong.

Hol up nigga, we wuz Lawd a da Rangz n sheit

Who here hyped about the new LOTR movie?

>In History of Middle Earth there is a story Tolkien wrote about a small kingdom in Far Harad that was fighting against Sauron and lived in fear of the Numenoreans (who often took them as slaves in the latter days of the Second Age, after many began worshiping Melkor).

what is the name of that story?

this
also Druedain which are definitely not white always helps and were always loyal in the war against he forces of evil

Orcs were elves taken long ago and we're twisted and corrupted.

Everything alluding to reality is offensive to an SJW.

Kek.

did orcs actually represent soviet communists instead of niggers?

but the dwarves were my favorite. fuck

Right wingers can read?

Big if true.

Our memes made too much sense.

oy vey

Kys, I bet you haven't even read LotR and are a Harry Potter fanboy.

OUTTA THE WAY NOLDOR FUCKING SHITS

if you write about, read about, or enjoy books written by males with male characters, you are unquestionably a misogynist, racist Trump supporting asshole.

there are no exceptions to this rule.

apologize!

It's bastardized pagan folklore to portray Christian teachings. Tolkien himself has written that Frodo only succeeds through divine intervention because he does not sin, because he keeps forgiving and pleading for mercy for others. See: Gollum, Wormtongue, Gandalf's rant on Bilbo, etc.

Of course, it never is covered that Wormtongue later completely rapes and destroys the Shire, or that Bilbo not killing Gollum basically -causes- the whole fucking war...

tl;dr Christianity fucks up and destroys pagan stories. Again.

If by a secret society you mean a writing group compromised of Oxford University students in the early 20th century then yes.

>high elves

fucking kek

In Silmarillion, the house of men that swore an oath to the Elves to fight against Melkor were darker with black hair. They had already been corrupted by Melkor, and they turned on the forces of good during a critical time. The narrator says that without the treachery of men, Melkor (or at least his army) would've been defeated.

>Melkor (or at least his army) would've been defeated

Yes, and then it'd have taken him a few hundred years to shore up on the numbers of orcs again. It'd be undoubtful he would have lost any important assets like Balgrogs.

Ya and Carpenter has said otherwise about They Live. So what's your point?

Moar

Nigga, how many times did Fingolfin wound Melkor himself again? They had ALL THE MIGHTIEST HEROES in Nirnaeth. Glorfindel of Gondolin slayed a Balrog IN SINGLE COMBAT.

Balrogs ain't SHIT. It took SEVERAL of them to fatally wound Feanor.

Noldor were so MIGHTY it boggles the mind how they could ever lose a fight.

Holy shit

Is that real?

Even if, at least they already have hit rock-bottom with the Hobbit

the man who wrotes the books said it was not an allegory, im going to believe him. Southpark did a whole episode on people trying to find deeper meanings in things where no deeper meaning was intended

Checked and KEK confirmed.

>Southpark did a whole episode on people trying to find deeper meanings in things where no deeper meaning was intended

Relating that to this

>>Man who wrote books covered himself by saying that it was not an allegory
>>user believes him because Southpark

Wheres all the local cunts at? This is supposed to be a fuckin NZ thread.

its obviously related, christians claim its a christian book, hippies claimed it was an anti nuke book, whtie nationalists claim its a white culture book. Its none of them, its just a story written by a professor to show off the languages he created

youre not too bright, are you?

here you go sport

You believe everything that you're told, don't you?

That must be the first time a french man has ever said 'stand your ground'.

Beautifully dagged if I do say so myself. A real fuckin craftsman shearer put some effort into that. Docs not bad either. Truly a shag worthy of a Prime Minister.

But every good book is some kind of allegory or whatever to something, I'm not saying it's none of those but there's no way to verify that it was just "a le ebic booke"

>youre

It's explicitly about people fighting for their homelands.
That's racist. That's why we need to boycott Israel too, because you're racist to people who just want to murder you all.

Tolkien actually experienced a lot in his life to draw from. I know of the Norwegian leftist Arnulf Overland who used to be a communist until the truth about Stalin's regime came out.

He then denounced communism, but was still asked to speak at a communist party meeting. His entire half hour was spent roasting the fuck out of the commies.

I always interpreted the "this is not an allegory" statement to mean that the book was not intended to push any views or ideas on the reader.

>Bilbo not killing Gollum basically -causes- the whole fucking war.
The war was going to happen anyway. Gollum's ill intentioned intervention was the only reason the ring was ever destroyed.

dont reply to my posts anymore boy

:^)

>i was losing the debate but see you made a spelling error, tough luck :^)
cuck

yeah, thats my point

>until the truth about Stalin's regime came out

He could've himself been roasted by the fact that nothing Stalin did was in any way in conflict with that Lenin did.

>Why do leftists hate Tolkien so much?

you ignorant jackass...it was the Hippies int he 60s who fell in love with the stories and brought them top Worldwide attention....the Hobbit was first published in 1938 but didnt become popular until the "leftists" made it popular.