Fantasy Thread

>Demon Lord
>Demon continent
>Hero
>Adventure guild

Not that I don't enjoy japanese manga RPG pseudoparodies but JESUS it is so hard to find something that doesn't resembles Dragon Quest?

Is that japan can't do Fantasy or its just that it isn't worth because their audience only want this kind of thing?

Fantasy series with unique setting.

What could possibly go wrong?

>Is so hard to find something that doesn't resemble an extremely successfull franchise?
Yes.

Wonder how many authors actually have played Dragon Quest beyond the meme tier 1,3, and 5. Judging by the doujins, not a lot.

No wonder they keep rehashing the same shit even though Dragon Quest itself has evolved its formula over the ages.

It is if you look? Like seriously? It's hardly easy to find maou in fantasy.

>What could possibly go wrong?

>Rushed
>No season 2

wtf i hate america now

Japanese fantasy right now is at about that phase that Western fantasy was around 30 years ago, where everything was "inspired" by Tolkien (or D&D, which in turn was also inspired by Tolkien), only their "Lord of the Rings" is Dragon Quest and similar video games.

Give it maybe 10 or so years and you'll start seeing some variety in Fantasy, if it doesn't die out.

>cute mother dying
Alright, now I need to read this.

Ow, the edge.

Why didn't he just marry her?

iirc this is the one where guy is perma level one unless he kills a teammate and absorbs their power, albeit temporarily

I don't know what this is, but I can still feel, no, TASTE the edginess the same. And I will stay the fuck away from that.
Isekai Hiroshima?

If you don't take it seriously it's kind of fun.

At least we have this each couple of months

Most of this works are fun despite all, but you know...sometimes you want to see something straight something that is not the straight thing but with a tweeeeest.

Specially because if you think on it there are more "deconstructions" "parodies" "twist" or whatever you want to call them than the actual thing.

I mean, there is like one millon works that makes fun about the hero taking down the Demon King, but how many works are about an hero taking the down the Demon King in a serious way?

>mfw there's so many deconstructions we're getting deconstructions of deconstructions

Jesus.

MaoYuu was amazing but what happened to the manga? Scans turned low-quality and dried up.

Sauce? All search engines failed.

They'll start ripping off Warhammer once. You just wait.

>Villager becoming a chosen hero its so meta, I know, lets make the MC a guy from another world!

>MC from another world summoned to become a hero its so meta, I know, lets make the summoned is useless!

>Useless MC from another world is so meta, I know let's gonna make him a powerful Demon King instead!

>Useless MC that becomes powerful Demon King is so meta...let's make him an useless monster!

But...but...I just want a villager becoming a hero!

Yuusha Ga Shinda

Well, despite being isekai-ish New Saga is pretty straightforward. And actually good and interesting so far.

Source? Google gives nothing.

How about you stop being a lazy piece of shit and read the fucking thread?

>but how many works are about an hero taking the down the Demon King in a serious way?

Well, there are the Dragon Quest manga and novels but no one's translating those.

>Yuusha Ga Shinda
Thanks.

New Saga is no more isekai than Arslan Senki is.

Yaa~ gomen gomen

It's sort of like how the princess trapped in a tower cliche turns into just busting herself out and proving the guy coming to rescue her either worthless or a douche.

>their audience only want this kind of thing

Shit sells. That's the only reason they keep churning out the same shit over and over again.

>Shit sells.
This and japs can't into writing.

Time travel is a form of isekai and it shares a lot of story beats with standard isekai.

>prince/hero goes to rescue princess from tower
>he gets there, finds her watching elvish plays on her magic viewing crystal
>tower is constantly stocked with food due to magic refilling icebox
>she never has to work
>doesn't have to put up with people
>doesn't want to leave
>can the prince break the princess of her NEET ways and get her to leave the tower?

So now literally everything is isekai? What a time to be alive in.

Not unless literally everything is time travel or world travel.

Who is this cutie? I don't remember her.

I know it's flavor of the month and whatnot but Re:Zero's setting is fantasy that makes attempts to break away from the usual Dragon Quest formula. No demon king, no anointed hero, no great war happening atm., etc.

It's still your isekaishit. Call me whenver japs start to rip off Warhammer or something.

It is fantasy, but people have a bias and will call it Isekai Fantasy, when really it's still fantasy. Just confirmation bias, so just let it pass. Fantasy is as good as ever anyways.

How the fuck is it not isekai? The MC is your average japanese highschool boy.

>no new chapter until October

>tfw one of the people I was just talking about in my post replies to me
It is isekai, but you're ignoring the other word. Fantasy.

Any isekaishit is fantasy, as generic as fantasy can get.

99.9% of Isekai is isekai fantasy, what the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

Its different in New Saga though. To make a video game analogy, New Saga is playing New Game+, while other isekai/time travel are playing a completely different game altogether

Her legs were cut off by some bad guy. She already was gonna die, but the MC killed her himself to get her powers

Which is why I called it isekai-ish, but you cannot deny that different timelines can be argued to count as different "worlds", and that it has a lot of the same story beats most isekai do (second chance theme, overpowered protagonist with a knowledge advantage, etc).

It's still fantastic.

Would you read a fantasy story taking tropes from old JRPG (DQ1, Hero that have to slay the Demon king) while still having a bit more realistic/serious tone (gore/brutal deaths), but with the MC Hero being a lonely overpowered easygoing petite curvy girl mainly fighting with her fists because that's enough to kill all the monsters and demons opposing her? And with a face similar to girlycard.

Kanstoppu?

It exists, you're just too lazy and/or stupid to look for it/find it.

>Nobunda Oda is the god emperor of japan born while the mongolian orcs invaded japan
>oda managed to become a famous orc killer by wielding his katana "head chopper"
>oda united Japan under his rule and became the god emperor then disappeared out of nowhere
>Japan was then split into many provinces after the emperor then starts anther era of sengoku.
>they gets invaded by high technology chaos worshipers from the continent of america
>also north korean are dark elf while south korean are high elf
>wood elf lives in taiwan
>Dwarf are the chinese fighting Mongolian ork from the north
>russian are the tomb kings, but instead of egyptian theme, they have russian theme
>also Stalin is like Nagash, the necromancer of Russia who ruined orthodox Christianity and other Russian shit with his lore of communist magic.
>lizard men lives in Philippine, with their leader known for ethic cleansing drug lord and degenerates.

FMA?

They went to a different country, isekai.

>DQ tropes in manga are kinda fun and the plot is interesting sometimes
>DQ itself is extremely basic and straightforward
All the shit I read and watch made me want to look into the series until I found out it never really goes anywhere and is not nearly as interesting.

Nah, not really.

>that feel when you actually reverse image search and read the intro chapters

>This guy in my picture had a bedridden loli to protect and was just lost his job moments before meeting the hero

oh my jesus.
This isn't even edge this is CRAWLING IN MY SKIN.

That girl who he beheads even was only introduced the chapter before that and in Chapter 1 he offs his whole party just to kill some generic mobs.

He and the loli were going to die anyways.

bring back slayers

>Fags don't know about stuff like Ozanari Dungeon

Isekai trash can just fuck off

Also,kinda seems like a plot hole that a nigger at level 1 can do this sort of stuff to others who have even just simply a 5 level advantage over him.

But i'm disgusted enough to not even give it a chance to explain itself on that.

y-y-you don't know that!

> JESUS it is so hard to find something that doesn't resembles Dragon Quest?
Not really, no. Try actually using a search database like MU, instead of just picking up random things from Sup Forums and hoping they'll be what you want.

Ozanari Dungeon is unfunny D&D garbage, and actually worse than plenty of isekai from that same era, in my opinion.

And in my opinion your opinion is worth less than shit.

Well, how about I just knock you flat on you're ass you troll, that sound any better to you? Just name the time and the place and I'll be there.

Stop impersonating me.

Well I visit ur mum friday evenings so just wait until you hear her stop moaning

I bet there are revival spells.

>Is that japan can't do Fantasy or its just that it isn't worth because their audience only want this kind of thing?
Both. Nip fantasy writers are mostly hacks whose only exposure to fantasy is this kind of shit, but that's okay for them because their audience is the same.

So does anyone read yuusha ga shinda

I think it's pretty good, even though I don't care about fan service at all

He's not perma level one he just strives to be a complete and utterly useless dipshit. There's another subjugator who is like level 47 or something.

Never was a fan of super contrived death game-ish stories like that. I know the events are supposed to be tragic and whatnot, but the bizarrely convenient way every event leads right to bloodshed and sorrow just annoys me instead. I found it annoying in both Bokurano and Madoka, and no comic has sold me on it since.

Explain more user I don't want to read it but I'm morbidly curious.

She's MC's brother, she's in some other hero group.

She even calls him onii-chan in that page.

>She's MC's brother

I don't care much for it either, but I enjoy Touka enjoying the fan service

Web can do you why would he be afraid

I say he talk most shit.

I'm sort of surprised I don't see it more often because of thicc memes when it's so focused on thighs

I don't mind the general setting but
>classes
>stats

And the worst offender,
>user interface

This shit has got to stop.

The art isn't really good enough to get it passed around for the thickness.

Don't most things not have a UI.

Even mmo isekais get rid of the UI most of the time

I dropped that subjugator shit two chapters in last year, but contrived/convenient seems like an odd criticism for these sorts of things, when the bloodshed/tragedy is usually a guaranteed result of the premise itself.

It's rare, but it really pisses me off when it happens.

Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki

is quite fun, despite it being another transported to Dragon Quest world series.

It's basically a fantasy One Punch Man

Oh, really? Interesting. I might have to pick it back up now. Hopefully he praises her thighs too.

She doesn't show up a whole ton (as she laments in the image) but he does, iirc.

Their dad does, too.

>Time travel is a form of isekai
Yeah, and harem anime is a form of NTR because the girls want to fuck the MC and not you personally.

>but JESUS it is so hard to find something that doesn't resembles Dragon Quest?

For the Japanese? Absolutely. Their culture discourages standing out and having unique ideas. And this translates into the media they produce.

Anyone know any LN's or Manga where the hero is like a dark hero, or like the hero joins the demon or dark side?

Anti hero I guess?(Fantasy Male Protag)

>Their culture discourages standing out and having unique ideas.

Don't be stupid, there are ton of original series from Japan, most stuffs being uninspired is something you'll find everywhere.

Subjugator is his and the level 40 something guys class and their class ability is to let them absorb their dead teammates level temporarily. The reason the MC of that manga is level 1 is because he completely overrelies on it and does retarded shit like constantly killing his party to beat absolute nobodies. He says that, although in a less matter of fact way, himself.

So its pretty clear that despite how serious of an image he puts up about sefeating the demon lord, the MC is just a terrible person offing people because he can and does not really care about the demon lord

Most of the original stuff you'll only find in old shit from at least 10 years ago. Modern shit is all rehashed garbage.

Oh look, it's this meme again

No, there very much is unique stuff out there, Sup Forums is just too lazy to get off its ass and find it and expects to be spoonfed instead.

Jesus Christ, kill yourself. Fantasy is by and large incestuous and unoriginal genre regardless of where in the world you are.

Holy shit, read about the few chapters that got translated some times ago but didn't know about that, this is hilarious. How can the author even think having a story with this kind of character is even acceptable? And we're supposed to believe he's gonna beat the demon king? So the story will be pretty much just be about a kittle shit constantly killing his party.

why do we have to wait so long each time?

>Kanstoppu

Is it good? Not usually into LNs but this one sounds intriguing.

I'm not saying that's not true. But Japanese society is very much about conforming and not standing out. Which is also why a lot of that really cool unique stuff tends to be pretty niche and rarely becomes popular enough to matter.