djt.neocities.org/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kanji.sljfaq.org/kanjivg.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Guys what kanji is this

風, obviously

正解!

You will not stop feeling できない unless you start mining. That bump in activity around -25 weeks is when I started mining. Up until that point, I've been continuing mostly out of habit, not even bothering with considering the possibility of できるing some day.
But then a particularly juicy piece of untranslated manga speculah came my way, and I dove into it satisfy my curiosity, setting up a mining deck on the way. These days, it's two major mining decks, one for random stuff and one for my main read (pic related). Most of my reviews (about 75%) come from mining, the rest is core.
These days, my できるmeter is at the point where I just start reading texts instead of wondering whether they're too hard. Failures happen, but they aren't a concern.

Years of Anki set the foundation for this, kept my skills from decaying (as they did with college language courses that simply ended one day) and made me realize that it was in fact possible to decipher moon if one tried hard enough and used reference material. It took me over five years to start mining, but it could be a fraction of that for you. It's a matter of deciding to step it up, there's no bar you have to pass.

これはあのshillingと言う事です。

It took me like 2 months to start mining thanks to this thread so I thankfully dodged the 5 years of "setting foundation" and went straight to reading whatever the fuck I want.

You will not stop feeling できない unless you stop using Anki tbgf 親戚

>おいといて
What kind of conjugation is this? The vocabulary page says it comes from 置く but that still leaves me pretty lost.

置いておいて

置いておいて

置いておいて

お前が何もわかってないのはよくわかった爆笑

Sorry, can you repeat that?
Thanks.

置いておいて

置いておいて

>read yotsuba they said
>it's comfy they said

What's comfier than a dead loli

Guys, I want to catch up on old deck and I learned about rescheduling option. I went through cards 1-200 by order added and now I would like to go though 201-400. How do I do it? When I tried to repeat the process by creating another filtered deck it gave me the same first 200 cards. Other options seem to be limited to due order but I would like to just go through everything in the order added.

two dead loli

What fields do you guys have on your mining deck?

quantum

What did you mean by this?
Just in case I wasn't clear, I'm referring to card fields (Anki > Add > Fields)

領域
外野
戦場
雪原
視界
視野

見学
陸上部

Word/Reading/Meaning
Anything else is a waste of time.

Tell be about the wonders of being a japanese サラリーマン at an anime studio.

Today I did Anki for 34 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 2 hours and 1 minute.

>audio
>sentence
>waste of time
Nah

tell me about being a billionaire grocery bagger at the local store

>亀頭.mp3

>sentence
Is there some way to add this automatically?

私にはチンプンカンプンだ。

鞄持

What's wrong?

Yeah, in rikai import settings.

>Yeah, in rikai import settings.
Ah, it adds the sentence you found the word in, not an example sentence. That's too bad. Thanks anyway

うんこしたい

What could be a better example than a sentence you found the word in?

I like to mine words from DJT, and I don't think I trust everyone here to write with perfect grammar.

jisho.org has sentences for almost every word you'll find in DJT.

Of course, but that would require me to do it manually.

おまえも俺しか信頼できる人間じゃない

I found a workaround by sorting the deck according to created date and adding temporary tag to cards 201-300 and I'll repeat the process until I'm done. It will screw up my relearning intervals a bit but it sounds like a better option in my case anyway.

Uhhh, nevermind, I'm a literal retard. Thanks, I'll do that.

The way furigana is implemented on jisho fucks rikai up so the sentence in the mined cards ends up being all retarded.

Today I slept for 14 hours and shitposted on Sup Forums for the rest of the time.

そうすると日本語マスターになれるかな

Yeah but I can just copypaste it onto a text box and manually delete the furigana. Though I guess that's essentially the same as copypasting the sentence into Anki. Oh well.

マンコは狂うです
Does this imply it's whack or crazy like in English, or like it's literally insane and doesn't make sense?

What are some good books that show the stroke order of Kanji and pronunciation? I'm not talking about Heisig's book as I deem it useless since it apparently omits the pronunciation and vocabulary of the Kanji.

just use jisho.org ファム

I was learning from KD+ and looking up order on jisho.

奸佞病気冗談兄者

You can use epwing2anki and get proper example sentences from a sentence dictionary.

なんで午後11時なのにこんなに暑いのさぁ

死にたい

Learning individual readings for kanji is one the most retarded things one can do. Just learn how the words are read along with their meaning.

london?

West midlands

Guess I'll go with jisho then. Thank you!

Do you mean that I should focus on radicals in order to decipher Kanji in order to make sense of them? I just want to avoid learning 2000 Kanji without being able to actually read them out loud.

He means that you should learn kanji in the context of vocabulary, rather than individually.

こんな感じかな。

>I just want to avoid learning 2000 Kanji without being able to actually read them out loud
It's pretty easy to avoid when you learn them from vocab.

Look up words in Kenkyūsha's New Japanese-English Dictionary (it's in the cor, use ebwin to read it) for some grade a example sentences

You'll learn it all in the end either way, I don't think anyone here has any real data to back up doing it any particular way so just do what feels comfy to you.

I've seen the conversation come up like a million times but I can never remember the answer, what are the preferred ways to translate さすが since "as expected of x" is generally unacceptable?

It's an investment which pays off. Learning vocab is much faster once you know the kanji. It certainly isn't retarded. It's just a different method. Everyone does what suits him the best.

Just leave it as sasuga. They should know what it means if they know Japanese.

案の定

>"as expected of x" is generally unacceptable?
Why?
This isn't a translation thread, though.

For stroke order, I like kanji.sljfaq.org/kanjivg.html since it's immediate, just remember that the numbers are next to where the stroke starts and if two strokes are too similar in color to differentiate, just reclick get diagram and it'll change the colors. It's a lot easier to memorize the radicals first though, stroke order becomes intuitive after that.

I like to translate my practice material since it helps me remember better but I'm certainly not a thread regular so maybe that's a faux pas.

If you're translating for yourself there's even less reason to worry about wording.

It makes it easier for the rare occasion when I need to interpret for a friend but yeah, I guess you're right.

does anyone know how to create a custom stylish theme to disable furigana on jisho?

.furigana {display:none!important}

many thanks user!

A question (talking about a piece of clothing):
>基本は三角の布2枚に
What is this 布2枚? I'm guessing it's 布 from の, unit measurement of cloth x2 (60~72cm), but I'm unsure... could it be "two triangle cloth pieces" too?

Unless you're reading some 500 year old shit it's regular ass cloth.

>vocabulary page
What vocab page?

>Not knowing about the vocabulary page

Please help me out here, I need to know.

Sorry bro it's super exclusive stuff reserved only for the most できる of できるs

He's talking about the Yotsuba Reading Pack.

せんせい, how do you make ゃ (and all the other little yo's and yu's) using Google IME?

lya

xya

You have to say

やさん、小さくなってくれませんか?
かわいい音を作りたいのですが・・・

やゃ
not him but ohhh
つっ
ohh shit I don't have to awkwardly type tt anymore

ぁぃぅぇぉっゃゅょゎ

type ちゃ then delete the ち

What's the check 'em kanji pronounced as?

がん

Holy shit i've finally learned all the hiragana, please write things in hiragana for me anons.

ぎぶあっぷ