ITT: Anime that sold like shit

>2k average
kek

Other urls found in this thread:

someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-10-01/animator-shunji-suzuki-confirms-nichijo-r-15-itsuten-low-sales
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-27/kill-me-baby-actress-idol-ai-takabe-arrested-for-alleged-drug-possession/.94677
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>same joke over and over
No wonder.

I though it was good.

>1k Average
Ayyy

Basically any Magical Girl after Madoka.

Did the manga sales increase at least? Or was it LN?

I believe the sales of Jitsu wa watashi wa weren't that great either, but the manga is still going strong. Anime wasn't the greatest adaptation.

>2k Average
lel

>114 copies

The first BD sold like 200-300~ copies.

JUST

Isn't the LN still untranslated.

Didn't the end of this have something to do with luluco/ms trigger?

At least I heard that.

S3 never

Stop this meme, Nichijou sold okay and it had an extreme low budget production animation.

>989 (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)

It was just a cameo.

>3k average
How did this happen? the manga is extremely popular and the anime production was far above the average anime.

You couldn't even buy an entire salami with the profits.

Everything save for ~5 to 7 shows sells like shit in every season.

Aku no Hana is one of the comfiest show I've ever watched.

It sold so badly that a measurement unit is named after the show

rightfully so

Like a 1.5k average.

>kek
>Ayyy
>lel
>JUST
One guy, or is this the current state of Sup Forums?

The jokes and gags didn't translate well to anime.

There was no reason to make an anime, the manga have better quality than the anime

Oh Crime Edgy. Where did you go wrong?

The main purpose of anime adapted from manga is to advertise the manga to a different audience.

The anime wasn't really that great. I think the manga was better, but having the girls animated was nice.

Not the majority, but certainly not one guy either.

Too many changes from the manga.

Endthisride

>Not the majority
I'm starting to doubt that.
Back in the day he would have been called out within a few minutes.

Other anime sold worse later though.
Not sure how correct this list is but at least some of the lowest sales (among 200 and 700) there are true someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
There are shittons of series that sell below 900.

>anime
>only adapted the good part
>manga
>literal trash arcs on repeat

As a matter of fact, the anime is objectively better

So we still measure success in fractales?

rolling girls ;_;

Otaku want retarded and pure girls. Manga have a bigger fanbase, not only otaku read manga, that's why stuff like Urasawa series sell very well as manga but not as anime.

GUILLOTINE GORILLA

Best meme anime

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-10-01/animator-shunji-suzuki-confirms-nichijo-r-15-itsuten-low-sales

>According to Suzuki, Nichijō (My Ordinary Life) in particular did not come close to meeting the break-even line, thereby "destroying the myth of Kyoto Animation's" invincibility.

This was that show that idiots went on and on about when it had the generic yandere character isn't it?

Manga isn't really a

Manga and graphic novels aren't really a purely otaku centric thing but late night anime is.

I am confus

She was kind of yandere I guess.

Her most notable achievement is getting very close to actually raping MC-kun.

That's what I said.

Good, it was awful, seriously overrated. Not very good waifus either

I think the waifus were ok.

You have crazy virgin, pervert loli, the perverted virgin, the tomoko-esque, and bodyguard (male).

why is that boy using a skirt?

It was low budget AF, the tv broadcast alone pays off.

They would have made back their $5 investment many times over if they sold even one disc.

Kinda obvious; it was p. Shitty desu

Stoned ninja-girl's voice actress got arrested for alleged drug use (she was later spoken free, it seems), which actually caused the Nips to buy all the anime discs because they feared that they would all be removed because of the scandal.

It just took a few years for the babies to be killed.

I seriously don't get why, it's good, it's fun, but it sold like shit and you can barely keep a thread going ever

I-it won't be kill, right?

The waifus were pretty above average.

Then again the age of crazy women is probably a dead one.

I thought it was more misused than shitty.

People just lost interest in it. It sadly does happen.

It was stupid low qual anime. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it will sell.

SYD got away with it.

The LN sales did go up but it was in the nothing special way

It was pretty dumb all around. You're right; it was misused. Had s good plot and all; but trashed it all down to the ground and let it spoil into crap. It was trash all around.

Yandere wasn't funny but just gross seeing her cum all around and the jokes were just completely stupid showing horny girls not knowing they're really hiring in a sex controlled society.

It was just completely stupid all around. It was poorly executed and could have been cooler and unjust like gin Tama, but it just failed and went to crap. If was poorly written and directed.

That's hilarious.

Okay I agree that "kek" and "lel" are cancer, but there is literally nothing wrong with "JUST" and "ayyy"

Is it doing that bad?
I enjoy the ever loving fuck out of this one

That's fucking depressing user

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-27/kill-me-baby-actress-idol-ai-takabe-arrested-for-alleged-drug-possession/.94677

At least it caused over 5k bd boxes to be sold.

Sometimes the best thing to do is ignore the horny girl.

She's not living life correctly so there's no reason to play attention to her.

There are people who are that selfish in the world; either live up to my ideals or go away

But SYD is actually funny.

>2k

Is it actually that popular though?

Michiko deserved better ;_;

>Comedy needing to be "funny"

Simpsons lives forever. That and a dystopian future where political correctness wins seems impossible to take seriously so might as well label it a comedy.

Then again the general treatment of Anna does seem to bother people.

>liking Gary Stus
Neck yourself.

my nigga

Series with adults or more serious series never sell well nowadays unless they contain fujobait.

>not liking Gary Stus

The world only has Kiritos and Inahos or Ashs and Subarus. Learn to like winners

Samurai Flamenco is an all time fave

>10k but Season 2 never

Fuck this gay earth.

I feel your pain

Well then, it doesn't belong in this thread.

A Mary and Gary Sue aren't just characters who are capable anyway, but I guess people will never fucking learn or look it up on wikipedia.

>it's good

Vividbutt

you have it backwards m8

Manga arc was shit and since then it hasn't improved.
Literally nothing happens, the manga.

>no self insert on HighSchool

Yuri never sells, only subtext.

Shoehoring Saya ruined the show, cutting jokes, cutting characters, cutting memes

>"ayyy"
It's too nigger mexican to be acceptable.

I didn't watch this one, I bet the girl was just a cute face while the guys stole the show.

This one suffered of lack of publicity, it was Ok.

People got the spoiler that Beta-kun was still Beta, Anna was wasted on the show and that Reddit was the obvious winner. You could each week how threads and activity decreased.

>QUALITY
>Yuri
Those 2 never sell.

>oh, this might actually try to be the Chuunis from Trigger
>Muh School
>muh forced drama
>gotta rape all that meme generator edgy novel
They had ONE JOB.

I know ;___;

Memes aside even Kirito and Inaho struggle.

You know how Souma is going to win with his awesome recipe Hot Dogs with the secret ingredient Ketchup all the while his enemies act like as if seeing Oniisama except without memes.

OVA soon

Anna had to be punished for not living her life correctly.

Psychopaths deserve to suffer for being psychopaths. She's willing to hurt people in the name of "righteousness".

>Inahos
Shoo, don't hate Inaho.

No.

I want Anna to wrap around me like an Annaconda.

Soon user!
All we had to do to get it was to sacrifice Yuuna's heroism.

Yuuna is a good girl!

I hope a potential OVA/movie involves the NoWaYu crew, I want these two to show their GUTS in animation!

Anna was literally a guinea pig conditioned by he rmother.