This series completely outperformed bleach and Naruto after a while in quality but not as popular and was a far better...

This series completely outperformed bleach and Naruto after a while in quality but not as popular and was a far better series in contrast, but didn't last as long.

It didn't get a good start like Naruto and bleach did; but got way better after a while. It was stale at first but got better after a while. It raises he question of whether starting later gives a better chance to get good satire material to make fun of after a while?

Anyone else upset it wasn't as big as it should have after it got better?

I think we're in a point now where it's good to bring it to the states where it would do well compared to back then when no one had much understanding of the culture in this series.

This would make a good toonami/AS show now that people have a better handle of the jokes and culture. It was a good metamodern watch for its time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ijjTrHLs9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

all those words,
page 10
how embarrassing

Delete this

Your essay needs better grammar and variety of phrasing and words.
C-
See me after class.

you're comparing between the best shounen and the worst two shounen . why?

>Gintama
>Best Shonen
>not the most overrated Shonen

Best Shonen goes to FMA or HxH.

Gintama wouldnt even work for Toonami. Everyone knows it basically picks up steam at about the 30th episode, no one is going to stick with it for that long. Also some of the jokes and reference wont work with the western audience, like this one for example
youtube.com/watch?v=1ijjTrHLs9w

It's easily my favorite anime, but I don't think it'd go over well with normies. The show got into full swing at around episode 30, and normies can't wait that long. Plus some jokes are cultural, so the ones they didn't understand would be labeled bad.

It does take a while to get good. It got good for me around 76, but i admit, it was a bit stale and a bit cliche and cheap at first until it started getting good and deviating from typical crap you'd normally see.

But yeah, the time period when it aired and the stuff they mention are kinda not gonna catch with the people of the west, those jokes will fly over people's heads and only get some stuff like gundam or whatever other stuff any cultured person understands.

I had a hard time getting about half the stuff mentioned knowing quite a bit of anime and stuff, but the social political stuff did go over my head and i never really got any of it at all until it was explained to me.

basically, it's a series aimed towards hipster neets in japan, anyone outside of that won't get a majority of the jokes, but the writing and comedy material gets better, especially when the series gets real with the audience with budgets and all that stuff.

normies? really? couldn't you just say people who aren't cultured and in the know of what's there?

doesn't that just describe normies, user?

>it's a series aimed towards hipster neets in japan
Jesus fucking Christ, 99% of the references are iconic Jump series. This isn't even close to true, try SZS if you want obscure references.

You could've just said ill cultured.

Nvm I'm pmsing over nothing

You're not replying to the same person, I'm just replying for him.

woops my bad user :3

This is the original guy now. It's just easier to type out normie than "people that don't typically watch anime" I wouldn't say cultured in this, cause that seems too much for just being into anime. That's just my opinion though

>giving a shit about western fanbase
Gintama is plenty popular and Japan and that's all that matters.

> page 10

I don't page Neanderthal; I catalogue.

Im pretty sure Gintama sits right below Naruto in Japanese popularity. Its definitely above Bleach. Even in America Bleach is alot less popular than it used to be. Even The new Berserk has more people viewing each episode on Crunchyroll

Anime already lost the power of the boom during the 90s and 00s with western audiences. No one is gonna bother localizing, dubbing and transmitting anime by tv anymore like they did with inuyasha, shaman king, ranma, dbz, etc. Shit like cunchyroll is the best you can expect now.
And if Gintama didn't become very popular it's simply because it doesn't appeal to casuals and normies like stuff like SNK does.

you got me OP
anime or manga?
does the anime skip out on anything? is it faithful to the manga?
does it capture its style well?

> Gintama is best anime cuz of muh references.

No, it's shit and it's not even funny.

Gintama got a Netflix spanish dub.

It is shit.

The description for the Rokkaku Incident is retarded

Sougo specifically avoids having the truth brought out as much as he can

It's better than your favorite animu.

>benizakura movie is a bad adaptation
Huh?
>putting shit like prison break and not adding popularity poll, that episode where Kamui and Takasugi become allies, onmyoji arc, scandal arc
Actually, why in the fuck would you spoil Kamui when he appears 140 episodes in?

Did this series already end? I thought the Manga was still going until the end of the year?

>normie

It is

Yeah shit picture

Cool story bro. Saiki is the best anime of all time.

I really can't imagine suffering a Gintama dub.

That latest chapter was something else

I know there are people who don't like the toilet humour of the series or in general but I just laughed out loud throughout it

>it's not even funny.
confirmed for pleb taste
consider suicide

Same here, it was nice to have a little laugh after so much doom and gloom

So, here's my question, is there any good filler of the anime Gintama? It's my favorite manga but apart from some highlight clips on youtube, I just can't get into the anime. It's too directly ripped from the manga, it just gets boring. I haven't ever been able to finish a full episode, and it's a pity because I love the cast.

I did manage to watch the movie where they are in the future, that was pretty okay. On the other hand, I had to stop before the climax of the Takasugi film. Even though it was one of my favorite arcs when I read it, just seeing it animated was boring. It doesn't seem to have the same energy as the manga, maybe because everything takes so long.

This is one of few series that can pull that off, simply because it's a satire as a whole and basically leaks off all that info after a while.

They have a good writing staff that works well with the manga for the series, so it basically works well to keep people entertained with comical stuff the staff writes. They have good source material to keep the fillers entertaining, even if they aren't Sorachi material.

Oh oh oh please watch episode 75! There's stuff in there you can't do in manga (namely a certain voice actor dubbing over stuff) Plus I think ep 166 was filler, classic Gintoki and Hijikata ep. And I thought the Owee arc was really well done in the anime.

Kind of ironic because from what I've seen it's basically the opposite for most; the anime is most loved while the manga is just there. It doesn't help that the art isn't particularly good and the few fight scenes I saw in the manga had boring composition.