What's up with anime (mostly slice of life) and abusing their protagonist for no reason

what's up with anime (mostly slice of life) and abusing their protagonist for no reason.
i just finished Oreimo and goddamn!
is that a fetish of some sort?
do you faggots enjoy that?

Welcome to Sup Forums, where betas love to be abused by their shitty tsundere waifus.

>is that a fetish of some sort?
>do you faggots enjoy that?
Pic related loved it which is why he ended up with his imouto instead of one of the lesser girls.

kurisu is good tsundere

is that suppose to be good?
and that faggot has got to be the most beta nigga ever
i wouldn't be surprised if he lets other people fuck his imouto

Theres no such thing as a good tsundere except chihiro from TWGOK

It's good for him.
He loved his all of his imouto. Pretty much the only reason you see him being attracted to other girls is because there's some aspects in other girls that remind him of his imouto.

And Kyousuke is as far away from being a beta as you can get. The man fell for his own sister, proposes to her, marries her and fucks her. It takes a gigantic set of balls to do that.

(You)

>except chihiro
Yeah fuck off.

>he get's hit by every chick he knows even though he's innocent most of the time and he get's pushed by his sister almost every episode
yeah he's not beta at all

He literally gets stepped on multiple times in the series. He so fucking beta that the simple fact of a sister of his suddenly disappearing doesn't boggle his mind. In fact to make matters worse. He feels lonely.

Really? All these other fucking girls, they wont make him feel happy or less lonely, only you sister can make him happy and less lonely. What the fuck?

Then immediately coming back to japan, Kyousuke is literally being the nicest brother, while the sister regards him as trash. Fucker brings her a juice box and she basically told him to fuck off somewhere. And ofcourse the beta faggot does, with a smile on his face. Hes used to being a fucking beta. And its not just his sister, all the other girls control the fuck out of him.

Eriri

fucking exactly
i almost dropped the show because of that

i had to watch to the end to see if something actually good happend. Really nothing happend. Great waste of a week there.

Honestly, even though it was an incest anime. They did a horrible ass job portraying it. The situations did not match the incestuous. I mean theres parts were he loves his sister, then there are parts where he "loves" his sister. I mean for 90% of the anime, its just brother and sister bonding. But they did that fucking "blush and look away" shit when they just look at each other. Nigga what the fuck. The only part of incest that happend was at the very end where they get married for a whole 5 minutes. In the process he rejects 5 fucking girls. He is in love with his sister. Not only is that fucking retarded, but that is seriously beta.

He likes in a way the abuse the girls give him. He gets a thrill out of it and legitimately goes out of his way to trigger those reactions from Kirino/Ayase. Yes, it hurts him to get hit or whatever but he still does it. He later learns to evade the few physical attacks that he gets at the very end.

>All these other fucking girls, they wont make him feel happy or less lonely, only you sister can make him happy and less lonely.
Because he only loves his imouto. There is no acceptable replacement for his imouto. Stop self inserting.

Also
>Anime only

maybe

>He gets a thrill out of it and legitimately goes out of his way to trigger those reactions from Kirino/Ayase.

Uh no, just no. If that was true then they did a terrible job at portraying that

>because he only loves his imouto.

Thats got to be the most least intelligent response of all time

For the whole first season of the anime we dont see that. We see brother and sister bonding, not a romantic relationship between brother and sister. Slice of life. Toward the end of season two however, It somehow just happened. Like, out of fucking no where. And they get married for a whole 5 minutes. Thats the whole story's ending. Nothing else mattered.

Just face facts fag. Kyosouke is a fucking retard with no aid to character development. Shit I say that, but none of the characters really developed at all. In fact the whole show was retarded. Unoriginal and full of bullshit that never happens.

>he likes the abuse
that's the fucking problem nigga

>Uh no, just no. If that was true then they did a terrible job at portraying that
You are confirmed to be completely retarded and your opinion should be ignored.

Pic related and read the title of the series. In fact, reread the title of the series until you get it. If you still don't get it, no amount of explanations will save you.

Well, that's the answer to the OP question. Some people are into that. You are not. You are not the MC. Don't self insert next time and you won't be so disappointed/upset/whatever.

so you're saying that show is for beta cucks to self-insert?

>just that one scene.
>doesnt even prove your point.

Thats not even proper bullying. Thats literally making yourself the beta. Infact no sexual harassment actually happened.

You are completely delusional if you actually think this show has a really plot.
>oreimo:
>An oreimo is a male that has a lot of girlfriends, but dumps them all to marry his sister.

Yet the show doesnt even do that properly either

>Please lay out everything in front of me because I clearly didn't pay attention and now I'm being stubborn and retarded despite clearly knowing less about the subject matter
No thanks.

>>Please lay out everything in front of me because I clearly didn't pay attention and now I'm being stubborn and retarded despite clearly knowing less about the subject matter
You literally just described your own situation
What are you a fucking SJW? Cant handle the truth so you just blow your rape whistle?

Ignore the shitposter.

People have tried with you and you're just moving goalposts and restating your opinion. Enjoy your last (You)

Worst girl ends up with worst boy.

>All of season 2, only one of season 1
Proving my fucking point kiddo.

Fucking Kuronekofags ruined the anime. It's thanks to them that we didn't get Sakurai.

The fact that it took three episodes to actually get started with volume 6 didn't help either.

No, that was a huge fuck up. To be fair, it was kinda fucked from the start though. S1 was, in a way, worse than S2. There was way more incest hints and all.

It would have helped if they would have done the scene where he admits to have been looking at her ass all the time since it retroactively gives incest vibes to the start. It seems like they just gave up at the end, though.

What's your fucking point? He should have jumped on the first girl he came across who showed even a tiny bit of interest in him? This is not a fucking hentai.

Also, if you couldn't get past Kirino's bitchy attitude and see her softer side from the very first episodes of S1 I don't know what to tell you. "Abuse" is not all Kyousuke got from his sister.

>What's your fucking point
Oh for fucks sakes man. I feel like you faggots cant even read.

The entire first season. ALL OF IT was brother and sister bonding. Kyousuke finds the disk the eroge disk that his sister dropped, and later starts revealing secrets. Now kyousuke is a nice guy there is no misconception there, infact he is too nice for his own good. This shows latter in the season. But regardless he is nice enough to show that he cares and loves his sister. By doing deeds such as taking the heat for things and defending her right to play those games, finding her new friends, getting old friends back, etc.

However, this is the part where it gets ridiculous. They start going on "brother sister" dates together. Nothing serious, just a brother and sister going out for some shopping or conventions and what not. But during some points in the anime they blush at each other. Which makes no sense since there was no lead to that. They just did it to give an incestuous vibe that we didnt need. It may have looked cute but didnt fit the situation at all.

And lets face it Kyousuke is a beta. Everything about him is beta. He is so devoted to his sister that he completely ignores realistic relationships and allows his life to go downhill. Its like playing chess and leaving your attacking pieces hanging. He did not think his shit through towards the end. I mean come on who gets seriously depressed and lonely when you sister leaves to america for track who is obviously coming back, and there is a rant for this part as well, but doesn't feel happy or less lonely when you have all these other girl that you have made friends with in less than a year. Only your sister that you just bonded with will make you happy and less lonely. Again What the fuck

>But during some points in the anime they blush at each other. Which makes no sense since there was no lead to that. They just did it to give an incestuous vibe that we didnt need
How would you hint there are romantic feelings between them? Those scenes were the leads to the final confession. Also see >And lets face it Kyousuke is a beta. Everything about him is beta
Less buzzwords please. See >He is so devoted to his sister that he completely ignores realistic relationships
False, he accepted Kuroneko's feelings, and was very invested in the relationship before she broke up with him.

>allows his life to go downhill
Literally how?

>I mean come on who gets seriously depressed and lonely when you sister leaves to america for track who is obviously coming back
If I liked to hang out with my sister, I would.

>but doesn't feel happy or less lonely when you have all these other girl that you have made friends with in less than a year
Again, false. He appreciated the company of Kuroneko and the other videogame club members, and at the same time he missed his sister. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

>How would you hint there are romantic feelings between them? Those scenes were the leads to the final confession. Also see
The final confession happened at the very end, but nothing in the first season lead to it. Infact the 70% of the first season had nothing to do with it.

Plus, like I said Does not prove your point. It proves mine.

>Less buzzwords please. See
You are just mad that I said he was a beta. My whole argument countered that post anyway.

>False, he accepted Kuroneko's feelings, and was very invested in the relationship before she broke up with him.
And he had the chance to not only get back together with her, but actually go out with some other girls and develop relationships with them. But instead he spends five whole minutes with his sister. Which explains why his life went downhill. He cant go back from those rejections. He rejected and that was final, he chose to have a temporary relationship with his sister. All the did was kiss. (but in the vn they had some lewd action). So now hes no way to have a relationship with those other girls, but know oriemo, If it continued they would probably find some bullshit way to make that happen.

>If I liked to hang out with my sister, I would.
Thats seriously beta. You cant boost your moral with the other girls you made friends with because your sister went to america.

And on that topic, Why was he perfectly fine with the fact that she left without saying a word to her brother about it. Thats regarding him as trash even though they became close. Sure he was depressed but that was only because he was lonely without her. He didnt feel one shred of anger towards the fact that his sister just left and told everyone but him. (and some of her friends) And just like you self inserting the

>If I liked to hang out with my sister, I would.

fuck word limit

I would be seriously pissed. I would go and make memories with her friends that only they and I could remember. Because fuck her. I did so much shit for her and she just leaves.

He even tries to text her, and she doesnt respond. I would have been even more pissed by that point, I would even start fucking her best friends. I dont give a shit if it wasen't hentai.

Again, false. He appreciated the company of Kuroneko and the other videogame club members, and at the same time he missed his sister. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

He "appreciated" the company, but he didnt feel happy or less lonely. He was complelty lonely without his sister. Appreciating company and feeling less lonely are to different things.

fix your fucking post
but good argument

fuck

i tried nigga

I think the summary of your posts is

>He's beta because he doesn't go for the other girls and lets his sister treat him with some tsun.
And that's just silly because that's more of a personal preference. The man thought about and considered the other options for months and ended up going to his sister because he realized that loves her and that life without her isn't an option. The End. Doing that alone is one of the most alpha fucking things you can do and he did it even when she's his sister.

>the man thought about and considered the other options for months and ended up going to his sister because he realized that loves her and that life without her isn't an option. The End. Doing that alone is one of the most alpha fucking things you can do and he did it even when she's his sister.

I would have agreed with that IF it didnt last for a whole 5 minutes. They didnt officially marry. All they did was kiss and kept moving on with their shitty lives. If they actually started getting intimate and became a real couple for a while, then I would have whole heartedly supported your argument. But thats not what happened. They had a mock marriage, gave her a ring, then tossed it. It felt like they were just faking couples rather than actually falling in love with each other. Which sucks

>choosing to stay with the girl who treats like trash and abuses you even though you have better options
>the most alpha thing ever
do you understand what alpha means?

ImI actually didnt comment on that but you are right. I didnt actually catch that I was so fixated on the plot.

How the fuck does "falling in love" with your sister and disregarding other potential real relationships alpha?

Could you give any example of Kirino "treating Kyousuke like trash" any time past the fake boyfriend incident? Keeping in mind that it happened in volume 7 leaving 5 volumes or 40% of the series of Kirino doing essentially nothing negative towards Kyousuke.

I think you replied to the wrong person but,
You are right, barely anything negative happens. But thats literally because its the second season's vibe.

hes still a beta though

Going for the girl you love even if it is your sister is a move that takes balls. Whether he ever went for the other girls or didn't develop relationships with them is irrelevant.

The only purpose those other girls have is to show that the guy is willing to sacrifice the only female relationships he's ever known and will probably ever know for the girl he loves. Just like she has.

>I would have agreed with that IF it didnt last for a whole 5 minutes.
Censorship sucks and it's something that couldn't be overcome especially in the anime where the vision of the writer was altered by butthurt Kuronekofags. Not even kidding.

>the vision of the writer was altered by butthurt Kuronekofags
A bit off topic but I actually went to check who's in charge of Re:Zero since I heard Rem is getting the Kuroneko treatment. Kanbe wasn't on there.

>But thats literally because its the second season's vibe.
I don't really see how that's a bad thing. The characters undergo development at climaxes in the series. Kirino's turning point is the fake boyfriend incident, and Kyousuke has a couple.

It's probably fair to say Kyousuke was a beta early in the series but by after the late climax of his development, volume 11, he's pretty much taken full control of his future and isn't letting anyone influence him anymore. Kyousuke's side of the story is seriously lacking in the anime due to the lack of his internal monologues but it's still somewhat portrayed. It's also why it isn't so difficult to believe that Kyousuke doesn't let his relationship with Kirino end.

yeah you dont know what alpha means.

Hes not being a man. Alpha doesnt mean that you have to fall in love. Alpha is the one who fucks every girl he can (not directly though). And he has do so in the manliest way possible. Everything he did was super fucking beta. Sure he rejected girls to go for his sister, but what he really rejected was the chance to be an actually alpha. He threw all of that away just to have 5 minutes. 5 fucking minutes. Thats not alpha thats a blind beta confused on what he should do with his girls.

>Rem is getting the Kuroneko treatment
Cant be. More people are leaning towards rem. Emilia is almost completely out of the picture now

>he characters undergo development at climaxes in the series

Uh no. Sure the turning point was the fake boyfriend incident and shit happened. But after that what happened. Nothing. The whole series held no really turning point. Everything went back to normal after that. Which sucks because that means that nothing changed.

And sure he takes some charge in the latter parts of the anime after the boyfriend incident. But dude, you cant really sit here and tell me that someone who cant even bully a girl properly and sucks at showing girls that he cant be pushed around is alpha do you?

fucking spot on

I guess you can go exclusively with that definition which, at the end of the day, disqualifies almost every harem/romance protagonist out there.

Kuroneko treatment in that context means to be made a complete saint, pandering machine and waifu bait by changing scenes, characters and removing negative traits. That's what happened in Oreimo plus making Kirino more of a bitch.that juice scene someone mentioned above? Didn't happen in the LN. Was added by the director. Same for the shitty Kirino gets an anime episode along with plenty of other shit.

Yeah pretty much.

Harem romance is the most retarded thing I have ever witnessed. The protagonists are retarded as fuck and cant into stickpenisinvagina.exe

Look at fucking nisecuck.

>But after that what happened. Nothing. The whole series held no really turning point. Everything went back to normal after that.
Kirino encouraged Kyousuke to date Ruri, Kirino's feelings came to the surface abruptly, she was consistently supportive of Kyousuke and no longer treated him like an object, etc.

>But dude, you cant really sit here and tell me that someone who cant even bully a girl properly and sucks at showing girls that he cant be pushed around is alpha do you?
I never said he was alpha, I said he stops being the uninspired shit he was introduced as. This is probably the single most important part of the series and both you and the anime are trying really hard to pretend it's not there. I'd argue Kyousuke's development is more central to story than even Kirino ever was but it would be totally lost because the anime treats Kyousuke as a self-insert MC. It's why the anime feels hollow and why the OVAs of season 2 are so jarring in terms of Kyousuke's behaviour.

I have a legit question.

Is the LN good? and Is the VN worth playing. I have it on my phone now, but Im scared to play it because I feel all i'm gonna see is me getting roasted by a bunch of cunts

You realize you're discussing this with filthy anime-only peasants, right? He doesn't know the turning points because they weren't emphasized in the anime at all. They sometimes didn't even fucking happen because Kuronekofags got rid of them (Volume fucking 3). Nothing makes sense post-volume 5 since it takes 3 fucking episodes to hit volume 6 AND they added tsun Kirino scenes for no fucking reason.

The big turning points are volume 1, volume 3, volume 5, volume 8, volume 10 (2nd Month) and volume 12. The anime covered volume 1 and volume 8 at best. The rest got skipped or a big reset button cause fuck you. You can't discuss this series with anime-only plebs because of that.

op was talking about slice of life anime,not just oreimo
and considering that most harem protagonists don't choose a girl i don't that's completely right

>considering that most harem protagonists don't choose a girl i don't that's completely right
well some do now

>You realize you're discussing this with filthy anime-only peasants, right?
It's not really constructive to say it like that though. At the very least you can identify the differences and see where it goes from there.

I meant AFTER after that. Kyousuke could not date any of those girls now because he fucked up.

>I never said he was alpha, I said he stops being the uninspired shit he was introduced as.

Thats actually not true. Kyousuke is inspired. He actually cares about his sister in a sense that pushes him to really help her in tough situations. But hes still far from an alpha anyway. But I will agree that the anime feels very hollow. and stereotypical

Ive never watched the OVA since I didnt want to hang myself anytime soon by the way.

If you didn't like the anime you won't like the LN.
The first few volumes will probably be tedious and the changes, though important, are minor. If you want to understand the differences in the shortest amount of time you'd probably just start at volume 6.

You're forgetting about Kagami.

I loved the LN. Hated the anime.

But I don't think it's for everyone. If you hated the series or characters then I don't think it's going to change your mind much. In terms of content, there's like a third (4 volumes) worth of stuff you don't know about that helps set up the events much better than the anime ever did.

The VN is pandering shit from start to finish. So if you liked a girl in there you may want to consider it. It's basically a pandering equivalent of a messy blowjob by an std carrying whore.The author actually wrote some of the routes: Kirino on the second game, Ayase on the first, Kanako on first and second games, Saori on the second game, and half a route for Kuroneko on the second game.

I guess I overdid it a bit but it's almost impossible to actually discuss this because they're missing a gigantic part of the equation. But I guess you're ri-

>Ive never watched the OVA since I didnt want to hang myself anytime soon by the way.

Disregard what I was about to say.

You say that like the OVA added anything to the series from the perspective of an anime-only viewer.

If you've only seen the anime, the last episode of season 2 is the most important. The OVAs are just a clusterfuck because they pretty much follow immediately from the LN and don't give a fuck how far gone the anime was at that point. Putting myself in his shoes I honestly don't blame him.

I think you replied to the wrong guy but I get your point.

Did the OVA really play a major role? or was it just as bad?

people already told me that if i didn't like the anime then the LN is not going to change my mind so i am not wasting my time with it

ah I see

Well in any case it was fun. Arguing and such. I hate just leaving opinions hanging. I need some actual sleep however

And that's fine as long as you don't expect to be taken seriously in character discussion. Namely Kirino and Kyousuke at least because the other characters don't get much more complex than the anime shows.

I guess Kanako also fits in there actually.

I disagree on multiple levels here.

I thought the last three/four episodes were fine. They did what they had to do and covered things nicely. There's the fuck up at the end but that's the director for you. As for them not giving a fuck about the anime viewers, that happened since episode 1 of S2. It was fucked since then. It's still incredible to me how they manage to do a relationship reset AND give us filler for 3 full episodes.

Yeah, it's not the definition I'd give alpha myself. At least not with the context of Japanese media/culture in mind. Not saying that it isn't a valid definition at all but it's just too narrow/specific for me.

>They did what they had to do and covered things nicely.
They still basically cut more than they adapted and followed the trend of season 2 where they adapted only the dramatic parts of a series which is actually like 75% lighthearted. It didn't do the volume justice despite having 3 episodes to do it and clearly didn't establish their relationship well enough because the average impression is that they weren't that into it. The BD extras did a better job of that though so there was some saving grace.

But that impression is actually only caused by the last few minutes. More specifically everything after the wedding kiss. Other than that it was on point. The relationship and seriousness is very well established with the rejections on one side and the reveal of the audio recordings. That makes 95% of the running time in those last 3 episodes completely fine.

The last few minutes is, at least, the most common excuse/complaint that's tossed around. I don't actually believe it myself.

I was here for the LN ending. When that happened, the complaint was not the clarity of the decision and future of the relationship. That was very well understood and not even challenged. The complaint was the fact that the guy wrecked waifus and went for "worst girl AND sister Kirino".