Tfw this fucking waifubait trash is holding back Subaru from developing as a character

>tfw this fucking waifubait trash is holding back Subaru from developing as a character

That's the point

Explain? I thought she was keeping him from giving up.

>giving up isn't character development
(you)

>delicious
>trash
pick one

Good thing that she ded then

Rem > your waifu

stay mad cuck numale

Mine isn't a cuck or a vegetable though.

The only way Subaru could develop is if he stopped being an embarrassing autist, and nothing can change that.

I said that was development since he was the type of person to give up, or you're saying not giving up is NOT character development.

>he was willing to give up and knew his efforts was wasted at the time

Yeah, could have been avoided

Only thing that nerd Subaru is good for is temporary amusing best girl Rem anyway.

When Subaru will stop being autistic?

As soon as you do.

More like she made him regress as a character back to how he was previously despite all the new experiences he's built up since and that entire rant showing you how much he's suffered in the journey all to be tossed out and reverted back to his faggy hero self again because of such a poor unconvincing speech by rem.

Subaru is holding back Subaru from developing because he's a useless moron. 'Waifubait' has moved things forward.
Giving up is his default so not really.

I will stop being autistic when you will stop sucking dicks, edgy faggot

Why is Emilia so shit? She ruined the whole episode!

>Giving up is his default so not really.

That would have been the first time in the show the guy said fuck it so stop trying to act smart

It's funny how Rem doesn't even give 2 fucks about her sister now despite her being in possible danger.

Her character became a joke

That's not regression. Regressing is going right back where he's started, which is being a quitter. His rant was bitching about himself and all Rem did was tell him similar optimistic stuff he told her to get her out of her funk.

Subaru fucks himself over.

>regression is always to a specific time

From the first few seconds of the show, he's established as a natural quitter. It's also hinted throughout. Sorry you feel dumb but that's your fault

>Regressing is going right back where he's started
Don't you mean going back to zero

>he's a natural quitter

Talk facts here faggot, the guys has been desperately not giving up the entire show helping and getting involved despite being told to back off at times.

He's been trying to be a hero through the whole thing.

It's to a specific state, greenmemer.

Arbitrary

>Regressing is going right back where he's started

Wrong

>The process or an instance of regressing, as to a less perfect or less developed state.

Why Subaru wants to be a hero?
I mean he doesn't have some DEEP reason to bacome a hero like Emiya Shirou

Retard.
>as to a less perfect or less developed state
So right back where he started. Thanks for backing me up, senpai.

His natural inclination is to quit. Your evidence to the contrary is him acting retarded and faking it up, and getting nowhere.

What makes you think she doesn't care?

She wasn't even in this episode you asshole.

>less perfect
>as in not completely 0 from the beginning

No one backed up shit

No, because that is an arbitrarily chosen previous state.

Check your confirmation bias. He could regress less. He could regress further, and as a result we would become aware of character development from before the first episode. All you're doing is suggesting that this opportunity has been squandered.

>What makes you think she doesn't care
>has never even mentioned her
>when told she can't come she ONLY thought about not being with Subaru and not that she wants to help her beloved sis from danger

I mean if her sis weren't there fair enough but that's pretty sick that being told she can't come she didn't even give a lick of a thought that she'll be unable to save her sis herself.

Look if he was truly a natural quitter he would have atleast given up at one time despite all the fucked up scenario's he's been.

You can keep up with your bullshit but matter of fact before that rem talk he hasn't given up in the show.

Except he used the experience he gained.

Don't discuss the waifubait.

Which he's been doing from the start.

Talking about his actual character development here.

No. Emilia kept him from developing. Rem's confession causes him to develop

He dropped most of his self entitled pity begging and depreciating jokes.

Newfag, that's a meme where worst girl complaints about best girl while doing that pose.

It comes from moe shows.

You don't believe this bullshit, Do you?

No, seriously. Emilia remained Suvaru's drive for everything and led to him utterly just giving up. Rem confessing her love literally leads to Subaru becoming a war hero. The boost to his self confidence made him realize that fucking Emilia isn't the end goal here, instead he needs to man the fuck up and do something. Which is what he does. Rem served as Subaru's catalyst

user please.
What would have happened if the whale defeated them many times even after the confession?

Rem did nothing just suck his dick.

Keyword IF
Rem's motivation helped subaru to find a way that worked. Don't bring IF into this just because Emilia is a kike

>filename

>made him realize that fucking Emilia isn't the end goal here

But he literally said that the whale shit was a stepping stone to the main goal, which is Emilia and the mansion/town.

He does want to save all his friends too though.

The truth is that what Subaru needed the most was unconditional and irrational trust, something that Rem could provide.

Rem became the basis of his sanity, because at that time there was literally no other way for him to move forward.

I STAAAAYAAAYAAYAAY

because shitty writing for self insert neets

So waifubait, any other person would questioned him.

This is because Subaru had been treating the whole thing like a game and Emilia as some final trophy THAT he would eventually win.

No, her backstory gave her an inferiority complex, and Subaru accidentally made it so Rem considers Subaru "evidence" of her not being worthless. This is because of that conversation she had with Subaru, so when she believes in Subaru she's almost believing in herself. If you don't know, that's a nice feeling.
"that"
top kek

more like he is restarting and going on proper path now.

all of this waifu war shitposters just need to agree with each other that yes, both emillia and Rem are instrumental in subaru's character growth.
although at this moment emillia pretty much done jackshit lol

No, her backstory gave her an inferiority complex, and Subaru accidentally made it so >Rem considers Subaru "evidence" of her not being worthless. This is because of that conversation she had with Subaru, so when she believes in Subaru she's almost believing in herself. If you don't know, that's a nice feeling.

Her backstory means shit, she forgot a life of fears and insecurities in two months of dick sucking.

because she believe in subaru to make things right for her? beside she knows that at her current state she cant do nothing and will end up becoming a burden.

subaru is going there with 20+ mercs and soldiers, not to mention the sword demon wilhelm, and that prick julius who are both stronger than rem anyways.

so your point is?

>More like he's restarting
It's almost like he's going back to zero.

If you look at it from Rem's perspective Subaru pulled off some brave shit and smart shit. That's not that unreasonable especially since she was already mentally unstable.

is that Ram?

But isn't that literally emilia? I'm not saying he should get with rem or some shit, I just don't think she affects his character much at all besides being moral support and keeping him from getting killed, occasionally.

Emilia in the other hand is the person he is illogically and unreasonably obsessed with, even though she's the least competent and the most generic waifubait character ever written.

Maybe if Subaru would try to make his own goals and not just want to be emilias cuckslave, he'd become a better character and person.

For fucks OP, Emilia is the main reason Subaru acts like a sperg autist in the first place. The longer she isn't around the more his sanity returns.

>The longer she isn't around the more his sanity returns.

It is.
She was capable of murder him due to her suspecting that he is part of the witch cult and now she blindly believes him even when the witch essence grew strong and he know things that only a member of the witch cult would know also she doesn't seems to care about her sister anymore.

I find her obsession with Subaru justifiable due to their weird obsession and her trauma, but I'll admit the sister thing is weird.

Yeah because he encounter her minutes previous meeting Betelgeuse right?

I think pretty much Subaru is the one giving emillia character development, while Rem is the one giving Subaru's

The problem about her trauma is that she forgot it. she went from 0 to 180.

>Yeah because he encounter her minutes previous meeting Betelgeuse right?
And then he just sits there and dies like a fag instead of trying to save anyone else or doing anything at all.

She's not a good influence on him, either accidentally or on purpose.

You dont just throw away years of trauma and your shift your sense of duty after some guy does some brave shit to save your life and punches you in the head.
This aint index unless youre comparing bad writing.

Her character revolved around repentence and self-worth, which she gained from Subaru but denied it regarding her sister. It wasn't holding her sister in a high regard, it was devaluing herself. She valued herself more from Subaru by being of use. Debatable but nonetheless, it was redemption.

I actually now feel like trauma wasn't the proper description. Years of guilt because of a traumatic experience would be more accurate. You also need to remember that she didn't immediately get to this point Rem and Subaru were bonding for how many months before they got called away to the capital. Rem's obession probably had a lot of time to develop.

rem didnt totally throw away her insecurities though, it was even shown in the IF chapter where she is pretty much still as insecure as she is prior to subaru giving her courage.

that and shes more powerful than puck and or equal terms as reinhardt, but got killed on numerous occasions.

Heres a question though, how did clown face know that subaru and emilia would meet? like how did he know her losing her amulet would trigger subaru to help her. That and you're gambling the lives of your major chips to getting to the dragon.

Did you not cover spoilers, or did I just forget something? I don't remember the clown planning anything.

Clownface is actually jesus christ reincarnated. Don't question it.

the problem is that she's such a disgusting doormat without any character whatsoever

I guess anyone with an ounce of spunk would've dominated Subaru in an instant

Rosewaal is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. But even he needs absolute assurance as he needs to "conveniently" be and not be there to OBSERVE Subaru.

clown man planned subaru working for him because he somehow knew about him being the super seer or something, he Hired Elsa to get the medallion so subaru would help emillia.

>world full of people with crazy powers out the ass
>it takes an autistic weak virgin kid with no power besides getting killed to save them every single time

If some of these characters were even a little competent they could steamroll most of their enemies.

It's not his power. It's how he manipulates the world around him to different ways so the badasses can do their stuff.

No, his character revolves around how people see him. If they expect nothing from him, then he feels like he's nothing. If people acknowledge him (kinda like how Subaru saw himself acknowledged by the twins from the hand-holding in episode 7), then he feels like he matters. Subaru revolves around people. If people expect him to be a hero, he will become a hero (Rem). When he holds a mask to hide his emotions in mansion arc while he was acting all normal and happy, he was actually retracing his steps and paying attention while hiding his fear. The facade breaks down like episode 7 on how he found out how Rem saw him. That is not arbitrary.

That makes quite a bit of sense actually. I figured it was just a guy with an inferiority complex who needed emotional support, but it makes sense that he may just be playing the part that people make up for him.

DELETE THIS

>actually a character helping Subaru develop character
>OP is too retarded to put own pants on

>lol

>top kek

Fuck off.

>>fuck off

you just need to be generic as fuck and original arent ya? faggot

>faggot

It's the current year user what the fuck.