Choose wisely

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=snurTL813Mk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Name a single reason why we should keep criminals alive

Protip: you can't

Kira because he reminds me of myself

/thread

Courts arn't perfect and innocent people are convicted.

Also, many crimes are the result of socio-economic pressures which can be fixed with simple rehabilitation.

Also, some crimes are reflexive or misunderstandings, where no amount of logic (rational fear of kira) will change the outcome. The culprit probably feels like shit even without punishment.

Light wasn't wrong, but he wasn't right either. His goal was to create world peace through intimidation rather than organic social change.

Innocent people are arrested as well. You can't undo death, but you can't undo the years they spent in jail either.

"Socio-economic pressure" to commit crimes is a myth. What really happens is that poor people have nothing to lose, so they're more willing to take risks. See:

youtube.com/watch?v=snurTL813Mk

But at the end of the day, every criminal had a choice. They can and should answer for it.

Rehabilitation is a joke.

As for reflexive crimes or misunderstandings, I don't think Kira would punish crimes like involuntary manslaughter.

Kira

>free manual labor
???

Name a single reason why fat people, black people, extremely poor people,criminals, sick people who need a lot of money to live/for meds, old people that cannot function on their own, people who have have beliefs that don't correspond with the biggest political parties and religionsand people who spend more than 2 hours a day infront of a TV/PC doing something else than working shouldn't be killed?

Every human being has the right to life. No one gets to take that away for any reason.

Intelligence/information?

US economy.

Why?
Wer'e already overpopulated, and with people who have no use in society.
Human worth is already extremely low for anyone but your friends, like less than 100 bucks easily

I agree with Kira in principle, but the problem is that Light nor any other human is fit to decide who lives and who dies and killing a good honest detective for trying to catch you is evil.

What does overpopulation have to do with anything? Human life is inherently valuable. No argument about about overpopulation or usefulness changes that.

L, he was an actual character. Light's development ended in episode 2.

You didn't answer my question, so this reply is irrelevant.

It's morality, nigger. Read a book.

>Spending time in jail is as bad as dying
>Being this autistic

Near because he'll asspull his way to victory.

didnt crime went downhill once kira took control?, that kinda justify it right?

Kira committed thousands of crimes, how can you possibly say crime went downhill?

To mentally torture them. Killing them would simply free them of the pressure,

Am I not right? Yes, killing them might make you feel good, but the real punishment is letting them stay alive, but locked-in in a jail cell.

Sure, but his lasting impression on the world was shown to be very minimal. Aside from a weird candle-lit vigil from a cult, the world soon went back to usual crime levels without the threat of Kira

>everyone is valuable because books told me so, eventhough people literally not worth a dollar in what anyone important is ready to invest in them if their survival depended on it, are slowly destroying the planet and leeching off our society

Especially true for nip prisons

>I can arbitrarily ascribe a dollar value to human life and then dispose of the ones under an arbitrary limit

Kira is always right

A significant number of people would rather die than go to jail.

To live is to suffer

Who cares about making them suffer? If they're dead then the rest of us don't have to take care of them.

Lighto

>Human life is inherently valuable.

I bet you're pro-choice (baby killing)

How does that logically follow?

I human life is inherently valuable, we must protect fetuses/babies.

So then how does it logically follow that I would be for baby killing?

I mean I'm just a loser on the internet, I can't dispose of anyone but myself desu

But user, that's inhumane.

Kira is not God, he is human and prone to mistakes, sins and corruption. Humans are not virtues.
There is a lot of crimes that should be punished with death, but Kira is not the one to decide it and is also included in said crimes.
He has killed inocent people for his own gain. He played with lives of criminal like it's a toy.
I choose L.

meant to
>.