I don't understand the supposed "opioid epidemic" Sup Forums as far back as I can remember perhaps all the way back to...

I don't understand the supposed "opioid epidemic" Sup Forums as far back as I can remember perhaps all the way back to 2002 or 2003 oxycodone and codeines were blamed for white kids getting hooked on heroine but for as long as I can remember doctors only prescribed them for people fresh out of surgery. The idea you can walk into any clinic and claim to be in pain and walk out the door with painkillers seems like bs. Doctors always seemed scared to prescribe them. Every once in a a while a pill mill would be taken down yes, but "pill mills" did not seem pervasive and doctors more or less seemed strict about this stuff. Furthermore oxycodone is a meme drug anyway, if you ever took it is pretty lackluster yet the media would have you believe it is medical grade heroin.

So what's the deal? Is the opioid epidemic a meme or have I just been lucky to be isolated from shitty meme doctors who were willing to give them out like candy?

Other urls found in this thread:

firstthings.com/article/2017/04/american-carnage
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/28/deaths-of-despair-us-jobs-drugs-alcohol-suicide
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/the-opioid-epidemic-is-this-generations-aids-crisis.html
ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/mortality-crisis-redux-the-economics-of-despair
breitbart.com/national-security/2016/09/11/post-911-afghanistan-opium-cultivation-production-increases-nearly-20-fold/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oxycontin came out around 03/04 and was marketed in it's brochure as "non-addictive alternative to heroin". This gave doctors the freedom to try it on anyone who "needed it" - even elderly people with arthritis etc.

This is just going to be “Just Say No” mk2 war on drugs with Melania instead of Nancy.

>to heroin

er

>to opioids

Two doctors in my town "lost their prescription pads" over it, - meaning in order to write a prescription for a controlled substance, they need to referral to another doctor.

This is a slide thread

guys I never go outside and talk to anyone in real life is there actually a sun?

What do you mean "alternative to heroin"? Like methadone? I thought it was a pain killer.

The wall will slow some shit down, Obama care with its free meds might not be helping it.

The whole things is ass backwards anyway they prescribe methodone which from anecdotal evidence gives crazier sides from withdrawal than other opioids.

Furthermore, a lot of addicts are mental health cases, and psychs often pull their methodone scripts for failure to comply - which leads to crazy shit. A friend of mine tried to rob a pharmacy with a fake bomb when his script got pulled because he copped to doing other drugs when he had a flip out/standoff with police.

Cool redpill if you aren't already up on that stuff. I want to talk about drugs.

see

Oh, then he killed himself.

Hmm well I'm either not remembering shit correctly or just happen to live in an area where doctors held off on over prescribing it.

>Doctors always seemed scared to prescribe them.
Doctors over prescribe them and make junkies out of their patients. This is the biggest problem. All a part of (((the plan))) though

>nice digits
READABLES!

American Carnage
The New Landscape of Opioid Addiction
by Christopher Caldwell ("First Things")
firstthings.com/article/2017/04/american-carnage

Is the US facing an epidemic of 'deaths of despair'? These researchers say yes
by Michael Bible (The Guardian)
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/28/deaths-of-despair-us-jobs-drugs-alcohol-suicide

The Opioid Epidemic Is This Generation’s AIDS Crisis
By Andrew Sullivan (NYmag-Daily Intelligencer)
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/the-opioid-epidemic-is-this-generations-aids-crisis.html

Mortality Crisis Redux: The Economics of Despair
By Pia Malaney (Institute for New Economic Thinking)
ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/mortality-crisis-redux-the-economics-of-despair

It's propaganda. War on drugs. More money of the jews. Meanwhile nobody can get pain meds.

Chronic pain is a bitch.Fuck the government.

there was a flash of time where they were doled out like candy to fucking everybody who wanted them, slowly regulations got stricter but not everywhere.

as regulations tightened, even people who had a legitimate need for the drugs were still getting addicted, over-using and in some cases simply turning to heroin because it was a cheap and easy fix anyways (y'know, unless it ruins your life which is not difficult for it to accomplish).

more recently fentanyl got added to this equation, and now even cocaine is being caught laced with fentanyl which is basically a death sentence if you don't have a fucking massive tolerance.

just because it had a mild, forgetable psychotropic effect on you doesn't make your anecdotal experience relevant to the greater situation

go sit out near one of those drive through pharmacies the people will yell at one another through the window so you can hear what they are picking up, a big old pile of opioids car after car after car and it is all from a scrip they got from a doc

100% try going through fucking chemo I this god forsaken country. They treat you like a criminal and/or they are doing you some kind of huge favor you should be grateful for.
Sickos make you beg for a Vicodin when you have a bone marrow biopsy nowadays.
((("Pain Management MD")))

>The idea you can walk into any clinic and claim to be in pain and walk out the door with painkillers seems like bs.
The way I understand it is that yes, that is hyperbole.

>Doctors always seemed scared to prescribe them
Doctors might not be the problem, advertisers are either on TV are posting on leddit or facebook anonymously. From what I understand doctors can be manipulatedto think a certain drug is better than a safer version by way of medical conferences (which by the way, they are just subvert advertising to doctors) and patients can bring this stuff up and request a named drug, coxing the doctor further into prescribing it.

I'll quote from a book I read and tell you the relevent study. This might not be a one-to-one copy because I can't copy and paste but what ever.

"Trained actors, posing as depressed patients, were sent to visit doctors in three American cities (300 visits in all). They all gave the same background story, about the problems they were having with low mood, and then were randomly assigned to act in one of three ways at the end of the consultation; to ask for a specific named drug, to ask for 'medication that might help'; or to make no specific request. Those who did what the adverts drive patients to do, -ask for a specific drug, or 'medication' - were twice as likely to receive a prescription for an antidepressant pill."

The study is "influence of patient's requests for direct-to-consumer advertised antidepressents: a randomized control trial." Not sure how relevent this is to the US but as I understand drug ads are more prevalent and perverse there.

Also check out these anime titties.

Fixed all the spelling errors, I was watching a video in the background and typing way to fast.

The whole world was laughing with House M.D.
>Meanwhile, burgers thought it was only a joke...

WHEN DO WE GET LEGAL COCAINE

>inb4 breitbart
>theyre accurate on this, its the JQ that they avoid
breitbart.com/national-security/2016/09/11/post-911-afghanistan-opium-cultivation-production-increases-nearly-20-fold/

people often travel from stricter states to Florida and others, where shady Doctors will write scripts without batting an eye. They make a profit off of it so there's no reason for them to discourage or turn away addicts. Pharm reps also provide kick backs for Drs when they use "cure all" meds and prescribe them for any and all ailments. These drugs were approved by the FDA for 1 thing but then get prescribed for 100s of other ailments.

It's actually very available on the dArk Web mainly cut with fentnal. It's extremely addictive if you bang it or snort. There is a problem amongst lots of people due to the availability and the cost

The drug racket can work the reverse way around as well, ex. You get referred to "Pain Management MD" for various pre/post surgical fractures related to a motor vehicle trauma and prescribes: Celebrex, Opana ER, Opana IR, and some unnecessary steroid *effectively* treated inflammation and pain at 10x less the cost to the patient with a clinical dosing of OTC naprosyn and cheap low dose morphine tablets.

blargh! sry
>and some unnecessary steroid. You can *effectively* treat the same inflammation and pain at 10x less the cost...