Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html

How you guys feel about this? I really don't like the pope but as a Christian theist I'm happy to see a Christian figurehead explain to the masses that big bang/evolution aren't incompatible with the exitence of God.

Seems to me that if popular Christianity is able to adopt this attitude then it will help its mainstream credibility/

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmicfingerprints.com/evolution/
youtube.com/watch?v=_ViDEZUbm3s
youtube.com/watch?v=LPkzXqbZhbU
youtube.com/watch?v=SFRP8ASaM54
youtube.com/watch?v=NkpF_tj9J9M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps
phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html
w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_14091998_fides-et-ratio.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm a christian that believes in evolution. Seems ok but FUCK is he a degenerate

Do people unironically believe in the Big Bang? I don't believe in God but I've always found it fishy. Listen and believe goyim, it's science!

This pope is a bad hombre. He has to go back

>I'm a christian that believes in evolution.
t. retard

The big bang theory as its taught is questionable as time goes by.

Of course they do. You think the normie "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE" crowd questions that?

They don't criticize the things they are told they just believe it if it's "science".

As far as I'm concerned the Big Bang theory is just the best current working theory. I suspect though that what actually happened was radically different.

See my post here.

Yeah I you're right on it being the currently accepted theory. I hate how science has been corrupted into this pop-sci garbage Retards learn a few fun facts and they think it's science.

Hasn't the Church taught this since forever? And the Big Bang was discovered by a Jesuit.

This is the same pope who said he would baptism aliens. This is the same pope that mocked God by jumping on the global warming hoaxathon. This is the same Pope who seems to find even more ways to water down Christ's message. This is the same pope who calls war refugees migrants. This is the same church that stayed silent when NATO illegally attacked Libya. This is the same church that did next to nothing to oppose the illegal proxy war started in Syria.

You guys do know a Catholic Priest came up with the Big Bang, right?

Evolution made me a theist.

why is that exactly?

Forgot link related
cosmicfingerprints.com/evolution/

Doesn't matter. It isn't a magisterial statement; e.g., it is not ex cathedra.
He can have any incorrect opinion he wants, it does not oblige Catholics to believe in it.

He's trying his best to drag you retards into a less embarrassing light.

Sadly, it's too little too late.

You morons worship a magical sky man and think he wants you to hate fags and niggers.

Not only this, the big bang theory is a fundamentally pagan idea.
youtube.com/watch?v=_ViDEZUbm3s
youtube.com/watch?v=LPkzXqbZhbU
youtube.com/watch?v=SFRP8ASaM54
youtube.com/watch?v=NkpF_tj9J9M
These put the entire philosophy of big bang to rest.

Christianity and obstensibly the pope has "believed" and endorsed evolution for 30 years.

It is an anti catholic meme, and fucking kike propaganda that has always said otherwise.

FWIW the papacy has also said that ET life is entirely possible and we will likely be visited someday.

So KYS OP with this shit or I will fucking nut in your moms corpse.

The Third World believes all sorts of shit, some incidentally sane, most bat-shit crazy. Why should any white man care about this?

Yes they have. I was taught this growing up. When I tell my friends I grew up catholic, they always bring up the jewish meme that I think the earth is 6k years old.

Pius XII merely said that we do not have anything to fear from studying the subject because the Church has the truth.
Christ said...
>"For if you did believe Moses, you would perhaps believe me also; for he wrote of me."
>[John 5:46]
Moses most certainly did not speak of an evolution.

>big bang was discovered by a (((Jesuit)))

>Not being orthodox
SHIGGY DIGGY

>theories
>real

>people still think god=bearded old dude floating in space that will strike you with lightning for masturbating

Why now? THINK ABOUT IT.... THINK.

It's because disclosures are coming that will contradict these claims. The Khazar's control over mankind is ending.

Why is evolution in conflict with Christianity? It really never was and it certainly isnt now. Free will and agency is a gift from God. Does it matter that your parents were apes with out the gift?

This isn't anything new. Big Bang was theorized by a Priest

Is the Pope a Catholic?

>2017
>not knowing what a theory is
amazing that you are able to breathe

He is much more creative than that. Death by lightning is preferable to the lifetime of hell and misery you create for yourself, and that isn't even factoring in His judgment.

I'm pretty sure JPII beat him to it and that's two popes ago.

I'll never understand how anyone on Sup Forums can call themselves a Christian.
Clearly you fucks have never read the bible.

what created the bang? even if they created a whole new universe, they couldnt prove that ours was thru the a big bang. its a retarded theory.

Certainly not, since at least Pius XII. The Catholic Church voted to end its existence and create themselves a new religion, modern, leftist, and utterly effeminate, at Vatican II.

It certainly doesn't mean "law" kiddo

Based pope

>independent.co.uk

The amount of shills tonight...

Christ said...
>"For if you did believe Moses, you would perhaps believe me also; for he wrote of me."
>[John 5:46]
Moses most certainly did not speak of an evolution
If you're really interested in an answer, it can't be summed up in one post. See here:

>I'll never understand how anyone on Sup Forums can call themselves a Christian.

They're crusader larpers

Heretic.

It didn't voted shit. It was infiltrated by KGB agents decades ago and now they dominate the higher posts of the hierachy. They want to destroy it or use it as center of a new bionic globalist religion.

We catholics have a sacret mission to salvate our Holy Church from the claws of the devil.

Evolution is a retarded evil lie.
JP II already said (wrongly) that evolution was compatible with Christianity. It is not. Evolution tries to make a creation myth without God.
Without God, we are just accidents of natural selection. The evolution theory has zero proof and it is not logical or consistent.

If you are a Christian, they you must believe in Genesis: "For if you did believe Moses, you would perhaps believe me also; for he wrote of me. [47] But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"

Right there Jesus is saying that you have to believe Moses. The implication is that Moses (as tradition teaches) wrote the 1st five books of the Bible. You have to believe Genesis if you are a Christian.

I USED to believe in evilution. But I also used to believe that we landed on the moon, and a lot of other kike garbage. Now I know that the only thing I can believe in is Holy Scripture and the Catholic Church.

Pope Francis is a heretic and the Kaibosh is coming.

Atheists clinging to big bang and evolution to prove Christians wrong now need a new theory.
Atheists BTFOd

Nice to see Christianity do its typical 30-50 year late adoption of commonly accepted science.

Christianity remains fake bullshit, but at least maybe they'll pick less fights and stop pushing for horseshit like intelligent design or creationism.

is this post and artistic work of fiction and falsehood?

Christianity doesn't strictly adhere to creationism. The pope is not Christian, he's catholic. BIG difference.

>JP II already said (wrongly) that evolution was compatible with Christianity. It is not. Evolution tries to make a creation myth without God.
This.
John Paul II was educated under the Communists and did not receive good catechesis.

What if god created life that could improve itself through evoluton?

Ah, this nonsensical canard again. Yes, you're completely right, Christianity didn't exist until the sixteenth century.
Everyone else before that, who died for the Scriptures, the Mass, and the traditions of holy Church were just confused and Jesus Christ Himself was lying when He said that Hell would not prevail against the Church because for 1,500 years it did.
By the way, toss out your New Testament because the Catholic Church put the books into canon in 382 at the Council of Rome, reaffirmed in 393 at the Synod of Hippo, reaffirmed again in 419 at Council of Carthage.
Otherwise you're just using the papist New Testament. Be true to your protest.

The Catholic church has agreed with evolution and the big bang for a very long time. It's evangelicals that don't believe in science.

>a giant explosion means god isn't real
>the process by which life evolves means god isn't real

out of all cultists, catholics manage to keep up with scientific revelation at least some small amount. shame about all the corruption and marxism

But that's official since some time ago, what's new about it?

All evolution is as practicing biologists study it is a theory about changes. It makes no cosmic statements, no metaphysical statements, no eschatological statements. Granted that we now have minds we can trust, granted that organic life came to exist, it tries to explain, say, how a species that once had wings came to lose them. It explains this by the negative effect of environment operating on small variations. It does not in itself explain the origin of organic life, nor of the variations, nor does it discuss the origin and validity of reason.

There is however also a myth of evolution. in the Myth evolution is a fact about improvements. Thus a real scientist like Professor J.B.S. Haldane is at pains to point out that popular ideas of Evolution lay a wholly unjustified emphasis on those changes which have rendered creatures (by human standards) ‘better’ or more interesting. He adds, ‘We are therefore inclined to regard progress as the rule in evolution. Actually it is the exception, and for every case of it there are ten of degeneration.’ But the Myth simply expurgates the ten cases of degeneration. In the popular mind the word ‘Evolution’ conjures up a picture of things moving ‘onward and upwards’, and of nothing else whatsoever. And it might have been predicted that it would do so. Already, before science had spoken, the mythical imagination knew the kind of ‘Evolution’ it wanted. It wanted the Keatsian and Wagnerian kind: the gods superseding the Titans, and the young, joyous, careless, amorous Siegfried superseding the care-worn, anxious, treaty-entangled Wotan. If science offers any instances to satisfy that demand, they will be eagerly accepted. If it offers any instances that frustrate it, they will simply be ignored.

I believe that God started the Big Bang. I'm sure many Catholics somewhat have similar views to this.

nobody cares what this puppet on a stick says

He is basically admitting that the christian god s9s a "God of the gaps".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps

Literally the longstanding teachings of the church, not even news. Definitely needs to be said though

>atheists always resort to the god of the gaps strawman because it's something that their minuscule brains can process, unlike the traditional Aristotelian/Thomistic idea of God

I must express the view that I'm not really a believer in evolution. Adaptation yes but evolution, no. In fact evolution in the 30's and 40's back then meant what adaptation means now. If the Pope is saying that humans came from monkeys he is sadly mistaken. We were absolutely created by the stroke and touch of God and nothing else. But perhaps more importantly we will never truly know until we die. And once we die we probably won't care once we are spirits beyond comprehension (or devils). It is afterall only a theory, and has not proven to be as practical a theory as we thought 60 years ago. My two cents. I personally hate this Pope

>The Catholic church has agreed with evolution and the big bang for a very long time.

But how could they hold a belief that contradicts the bible and still be 100% Christian?

This is the reason Christianity is dying and Islam is spreading.

Until the last decade or so

>Gay people have been going to hell
>There can be only one God and non believers will go to hell
>God created the Universe
>It's okay to worship other deities

But all that is okay now.

You don't rewrite religion to fit the social climate of the current times, that's not how it works.

He did. Microevolution can be seen and demonstrated all the time. It is Macoevolution that is the myth; it has NEVER been demonstrated; It is not consistent with its own premises; all the physical evidence refutes it. Life cannot spontaneously generate from single cell organisms. Single cell organisms cannot generate spontaneously from dirt and lightning. It is a retarded myth. The most simple cell is more complex than any man-made device. It did not create itself from chance and nothingness.

Maybe the Catholic Church understand the bible better than you

user, how old do you thing the Earth is?

The reason so many people are turned away from Christianity nowadays is that lots of idiot Evangelicals reject modern science in favour of inaccurate interpretations of the bible that deny things they don't like. They're basically more like Nietzschean (I believe because I choose to, and you should too) than Christians (I believe because I have rational cause to do so and my worldview is the most descriptive of reality)

The bible has been edited by man numerous times.

>Maybe the Catholic Church understand the bible better than you

Is that the excuse that is plausible whenever they change shift the goalposts on their beliefs?

God or should I say big bang theory I hate the fucking poop, what a faggot

If improved understanding of the physical world that we live in constitutes "shifting the goalposts" then yes of course we will shift those goalposts to be in the best possible spot. Or you can cling to outdated physical understandings of the world and wonder why nobody converts to your religion

The Big Bang Theory has already been disproved:
phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

And the bible was only edited by Protestants, idiot, unless a translation constitutes an edit

>The reason so many people are turned away from Christianity nowadays is that lots of idiot Evangelicals reject modern science in favour of inaccurate interpretations of the bible that deny things they don't like.
The reason why people turn away form Christianity is because they don't want to be hold accountable for their actions.
They want to sin without consequences and explain everything with happenstance.

Yes, that is also a reason (probably a bigger one than what I said desu, if not the biggest reason)

How can you reconcile the theory of evolution (survival of the fittest) with social justice (survival of the least fit)?

Only protestcucks are anti science

>If improved understanding of the physical world that we live in constitutes "shifting the goalposts"

It does, because god explains in the bible how our existence was created. Why would the Catholic church believe in something that contradicts gods word in the bible? Fucking retard.

the joke is that hes holding a hipoint and calling it something else. if you want you shitty joke to work with that meme he needs to be holding something far shittier than an actual ti 89.

do i really have to explain humor to you?

>implying the pagan faggot Aristotles would ever submit to a god that depends on worshipping a jew on a stick.

also
>what is occams razor
>what is shitty arguments from ontology

oh kek you are good. The gaps are getting smaller and smaller and cuckstains brains are getting smaller too. What happened with the geocentric image? Oh right that gap closed long time ago. God is running out of work to do son..

Hopefully we will leave these savage traditions behind and start colonizing space soon. We dont have time with geocentric images if we are to colonize space. Nor do we have time with arbitrary random schizoreligions .

Evolution does a good job of explaining species features but not the origins of species ironically. Big bang is a theory and it's every bit as silly as God whispering the universe into existence.

Vatican II was literally approved of, by vote, by virtually all bishops present. Virtually all the worlds bishops have approved the popes' all new Sacraments, Canon Law, and Catechism in the years since. All authority is with the Popes and with the bishops as a group, and they have all been utterly clear since the 1960's. The Church has defected, it has solemnly contradicted what was declared infallible and binding in the past.

>Yes, that is also a reason (probably a bigger one than what I said desu, if not the biggest reason)
It's the sole reason why atheist scientists desperately theorize and search for evidence to disprove God's word in the Bible.
They don't want to go to hell and they believe (!) by finding some alternate explanation contradicting God's word they are going to avoid the inevitable fate.

Fuck this pope bullshit, join the Orthodox church.

The Catholic understanding of evolution is that it makes more sense as a teleological process (i.e. one that is directed towards a certain result) rather than a materialist interpretation (evolution is truly just random mutation). You can also see teleology in nature, like in DNA. DNA has no intelligence, and yet it behaves in a way that seems to be directed to the transcription of a certain code, and the code of this DNA is directed towards a particular purpose. This isn't claiming that God moves these things, just that a property of nature seems to be that things are directed towards particular ends.

As for social justice, we have to consider the theory of forms. There is such a thing as the form of a man, which represents the universal idea of man. Now, there are few (if any) men who perfectly instantiate this form, but the form still exists. So if a man is born, say, without arms, he is still a man, yet an imperfect man. For this reason we can say that social justice is a good thing since we are all men, even if some of us are more or less perfect than others.

Why? Clearly the Knights of Malta are sedavactaists and are openly working aginst Vatican 2 through the Trump admin...

Maybe because we can understand science better than a bunch of desert nomads in 3000bc, yet we can still accept the moral lessons that they taught us.

God of the gaps is against Catholic teaching, so if you want someone to defend it it will not be me. You seem to have no interest in understanding what Catholics actually believe, and your "jew on a stick" line exposes you as a shill. Nonetheless, check this out:

w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_14091998_fides-et-ratio.html

This is the pope we needed to bring Catholicism into the 21st century. Thank you based Pope Francis!

>Malta
Malta isn't even part of the european continent son...

From the Nicene Creed (accepted by the Orthodox church):

>We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
>who proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Muh filioque

You are correct
Science and religion aren’t opposites, if you’re using the Bible that way, you aren’t using it right

>Malta isn't Europe
>being this ignorant

>Microevolution can be seen and demonstrated all the time. It is Macoevolution that is the myth
Macroevolution is just microevolution over a very long time.

>Maybe because we can understand science better than a bunch of desert nomads in 3000bc, yet we can still accept the moral lessons that they taught us.

I agree the moral lesson is good, i have no problem with Christianity in general. You can't just simple change one of the root beliefs of Christianity just to accommodate people non-believers and to get more followers.

There is nothing as foolish as the hubris from atheists dismissing the divinity that is and transcends reality. Aristotle and Aquinas do a sufficient job establishing why God is real. Alfred North Whitehead is pretty good, as are the Vedas. Atheism is a pathological anomaly that is can be characterized as a spiritual Alzheimer's.
>let's colonize space
This sentiment is always telling of someone who loves taking credit for the accomplishments of others.

The church has never believed in the creation story as told literally in Genesis. There's even a well-known image I've seen here showing Origen mocking the idea of a literal Genesis, and this is in like 200AD.

He's a communist atheist pretending to be catholic. He should be burned at the stake for heresy.

Don't believe me? Look it up. Technically Malta is on the african plate. Also don't project your own insecurities on others, it's just tasteless.

This is old news. The big bang theory was invented by a Catholic priest, Monsignor L' Maitre. The Catholic church has always said that God creating the universe and evolution are not incompatible. God could have designed evolution.

>The Catholic understanding of evolution is that it makes more sense as a teleological process (i.e. one that is directed towards a certain result) rather than a materialist interpretation (evolution is truly just random mutation). You can also see teleology in nature, like in DNA. DNA has no intelligence, and yet it behaves in a way that seems to be directed to the transcription of a certain code, and the code of this DNA is directed towards a particular purpose. This isn't claiming that God moves these things, just that a property of nature seems to be that things are directed towards particular ends.
So basically when the Pope says evolution is real he's just equivocating because what you say Catholics believe about evolution is not what scientists have observed in nature.

>As for social justice, we have to consider the theory of forms. There is such a thing as the form of a man, which represents the universal idea of man. Now, there are few (if any) men who perfectly instantiate this form, but the form still exists. So if a man is born, say, without arms, he is still a man, yet an imperfect man. For this reason we can say that social justice is a good thing since we are all men, even if some of us are more or less perfect than others.
Again this is a bunch of bullshit. If God created man through natural selection, then all the qualities of man that are the product of natural selection also come from God and are not the result of man's choice/sin. Specifically every sort of deviant behavior that the Roman Catholic Church calls sin is predicted and expected by evolutionary psychology.