Hello sir i'm starting a new business. for a small yearly fee calculated by the amount of land you own...

>hello sir i'm starting a new business. for a small yearly fee calculated by the amount of land you own, I'll send trained guards to enforce the N.A.P. as you specify 24/7/365
>this business becomes popular
>hello patron. we are here to ask if you would like to sell a thin strip of land on the northern edge of your property. not only will you be paid handsomely, it will also help your guards arrive at a more efficient pace
and that is how you get roads and police in an an-cap society (not that that's a bad thing)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLfghLQE3F4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So how is a business that has a private police force (which you pay money to) and owns all of the roads functionally different from a government?

exactly

youtube.com/watch?v=vLfghLQE3F4

Philosophically because you can opt out whereas you do not have the option with the government. Unless you consider the Government the rightful owner of the land they govern, in which case the whole "taxation is theft" thing falls apart.

Your a retard

how so?

well ye but then you'd have to defend your own land and if you have a lot of it, that might be kinda hard

>how are they different?
Simple. Today's police forces benefit the general populous, while a for-profit police force would work to benefit the owners over the people.

Ancap is basically no different than Jewish corporations running your nation, just like America.

You don't get to play in Ancapistan. Only kikes do.

How do you "own" land?

You have a deed?

Who enforces that deed's validity?

Why should I care you have a piece of paper that says it's yours?
I have one too.

>Unless you consider the Government the rightful owner of the land they govern

Well that opens up an entire can of worms. Suppose governments aren't the rightful owners of the land, if a business purchases land from a government does the business now become the rightful owner of the land?

>Philosophically because you can opt out whereas you do not have the option with the government

You may lose the ability to opt out if the business becomes powerful enough. My philosophy is that government's are just businesses that have grown powerful enough to engage in warfare and swing their dick around.

I subscribe to an efficient court that defends my deed's validity.

I pay a strong military/security force according to my needs to protect me if you decide not to listen to the court.

>Today's police forces benefit the general populous

Yes user, let me just go look at those photos of the police protesting the government alongside the populous, as opposed to protecting their owners against them.

If you really study up on the subject then I promise it will make sense to you. Unless you are dim, in which case I can't promise anything.

Serious questions, not trying to strawman

What makes your deed more valid than the other guys? Why would the court side with you? If the court did side with you, what if another court sided with him (I'm assuming there is a free market for courts to compete with one another).

building roads isn't the meme, it's public usability of roads

Empirical proof, I've lived on the land, I've developed it, I'm using it, my father used it, whatever?

If he disregarded my courts decision, went to another court and took their decision, its a stalemate. Unfortunately for him, I'm still living on my land and have paid for security to protect it.

Presumably he'd also have a harder time finding a security/mercenary force to take my land from me, since most security and mercenary groups would try to listen to courts of authority themselves, otherwise they'd be seen as a danger and people would band together to defend themselves against them/take them out.

>Im the wealthiest and have more guards than anyone else. Now my guards are watching over the roads. Only those who pay me a good sum of money can travel on them

..and its all fucked

What if you are renting out your land and you use the police force to guarantee them protection? Are you then not the government?

Your renters can't opt out of the payment, they will have to move somewhere else.

The difference between an ancap society from a normal one is you just call tax rent.

You have a very good imagination

Why is it a problem that you can be a shitty landlord?

That actually means quite a lot to me, I'm not even a true ancapist, I'm writing a book (mostly for my own pleasure) with an ancap society in the future. I love these threads, they're a perfect exercise to get people's opinion on whether any of my shit is plausible in any way (certainly not absolutely realitsic, but plausible enough).

You didn't argue anything there. No matter what there's going to be a scenario where someone has the upper hand above other people. To keep them stay there and not go somewhere else he has to provide value to them.
> ensure they are protected
> ensure they are able to get the resources to pay you
> to organize all this you need to hire people

Then you have thus created a small government

Yes, a small government. That would probably eventually lead to a large government that is, well, government itself. Which should then eventually break into ancapistan again.

No system is sustainable, forcing it past its due demise is bad.

On the small scale of things, I see nothing wrong with micro-governments. Considering you cannot organize anything bigger than a village yourself, people can simply move to the next village if they don't like your style. Therefore they are still free.

However, you would have to cross an ocean to get away from your government and be thousands of miles away from your home and family.

Not to mention you, as an american, actually have to get PERMISSION to rescind your citizenship. And you have to pay. Surprisingly few people know this.

What about cases that aren't as clear cut, say you inherited the land from you father (would inheritance be a thing in ancap or would that be an affront to the individual) and you get that deed but the other guy has a deed as well. You could also replace inherited from father or family member with bought from someone else.

On a side note, what would someone do in the case that a person sold the same plot to two people and then just ditches town. There is no centralized authority to check his identity against. If he goes some where else he could just go by a different name. Wouldn't conartistry become rampant. The only two solutions I can see would be 1) accept that some people will get conned and go with the philosophy that they deserve it for being dumb or 2) have a private NSA style corporation keep meticulous records on people and give out "guaranteed to be the guy he says he is" cards and no one will do business with you if you don't have one.

Systems don't ever reach a demise to where they no longer exist. They reach a weakened state where another group comes in and takes over the infrastructure that was already there.

You would have to complete reset history to have ancap society.