So what did Lelouch do to make the world see him as Hitler? He took it over but what else?

So what did Lelouch do to make the world see him as Hitler? He took it over but what else?

He's more of a lolbertarian keklord than a NatSoc

His policies were good, but he ruled with an iron fist, putting everyone who didn't obey him to death along with their entire family.

Imagine if the Entire world was North Korea, but wealth was equally distributed.

If he ruled by fear but his policies aren't outrageous, what was so terrible?

I think I recall it being mentioned that one of the things he did during his Totalitarian Stage was destroy as many World Monuments and Icons as he could. Stonehenge and the like.

So at least that explains why any Historyfags in the world hated him?

muh democracy

What a little shit.

Geassing thousands of people into servitude.

>having totallynotamerica use a totallynotnuclearbomb against a totallynotjapan.
>not taping kallens ass
He is a monster of the worst kind.

It's almost like people want sovereignty

He made it rather public that he's brainwashing people.

In the meantime, he did everything he could to be the the best "benevolent" dictator possible; sticking his fingers into everything and making a mess of it.

You guys do know that "The Prince" was satire right?

>You guys do know that "The Prince" was satire right?
Nice meme.

Suzaku was one special snowflake

He ruined the Instrumentality project, fuck him.

This.
What the fuck are you talking about, Machiavelli lived in and through Italian Renaissance politics.
That shit was vicious and from he had studied, The Prince would have been a pretty accurate history and expectation of how effective rulers would, well, rule.
Why do people think it's a meme? Do people assume that if someone respected says something they disagree with that that person must be sarcastic?
>No guys, Adam Smith was being satirical when he said the Invisible Hand of the market would handle everything! He was actually a communist!

Is this what people call appropriation?

Well from the perspective of Joe Mc.Average, a lost Britannian Prince turned up, Murdered the Emperor, personally destroyed the entirety of the old aristocracy, then went to war with the world and eventually conquered it all.

But really it's odd why the average people see him like that. Literally no worse then his father or the other Britannia emperors- why are people in Area 11 fucking dissing him like they didn't support a regime nearly identical to his like a year ago

People prefer pretty ideals to harsh reality, it can't be helped. I've seen people argue it conflicts with Machiavelli's political beliefs but those personal beliefs have nothing to do with a treatise on how to attain and maintain power, especially in the political environment Machiavelli lived in.

You're a fucking moron.

Yes, it's good advice on how to be a despot.

That doesn't mean you should be a fucking despot.

It's simply an effective way to get things done. OF course we'd love to have a better way, but we don't.

That doesn't make the book satire. In fact, by virtue of the fact that it's good advice, means it's not satire.

it's not like he makes any moral/ethical claims about despotism in the book.

There is a reason the world is not run by dictators, and it's because "Getting things done" isn't the sole metric a society should base its governance on.

The Republic is the best possible form of government because it compromises between oligarchy and true democracy, as well as meritocracy and demarchy.

I suppose you think "A Modest Proposal" was a treatise on population control then?

Excuse me if I express my absolute contempt for your positions.

I'm just saying that values judgements are irrelevent to the actual content/applicability of the book.

>There is a reason the world is not run by dictators
There's not enough money to be stolen by corrupt people when a dictator is in power, yes.
In my country, we had a dictator. Two years. He basically made the national road plan and revamped education, pushing the country out of "shithole" and into "barely decent". No massacres, no death row.
They kicked him out when he said he'd like to stay the other 2 years a president usually stays in power, because there were many plans he was shooting down.
The next president approved them, the country went back to poverty.

>There is a reason the world is not run by dictators, and it's because "Getting things done" isn't the sole metric a society should base its governance on.

Tell that to Singapore.

I don't get this either. In the second to last episode, Gino says something like "Lelouch, I don't accept your Britannia." As if the Britannia that he had served was somehow better than what Lelouch did in his short reign as emperor.

CG thread??

posting best girl

There was like a throw away line about him 'murdering your whole family', but is that seriously different to Prince Clovis massacring Zero's like it was fucking nothing.

oops wrong pic

>takes over the world
>don't gas the kikes
I don't know him, but I already hate him.

nice try but Kallen>CC

That's a mighty fine opinion you have there.
Shame it differs to mine.

CC had the booty but Kallen was my everything.

Wrong.

Correct.

Eh. Better the devil you know, no?
He grew up under the reign of Charles, so thus he'd perceive that as "Good", regardless of how it actually was. He was nobility in a position of power, after all.