Do people actually like Tokyo Ghoul:re?

Do people actually like Tokyo Ghoul:re?

And is it normal to not remember 90% of the characters on screen?

Other urls found in this thread:

tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_investigators
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Do people actually like Tokyo Ghoul:re?
At this point it's 5/10. Alright, but nothing I'd suggest anyone to read.

>And is it normal to not remember 90% of the characters on screen?
That's pretty autistic. You should be able to tell who's name is what.

I mean, I remember Kaneki, Haise's subordinates, Amon, and most of TG1 cast, etc but the random Aogiri Three members or the CGS members? Literally who.

is this going to be a 2 series ordeal a la rosario + vampire or do you see there being more series after this?

A third installment would be pretty fucking dumb. The plot at this point is moving forward at an increased speed. I'm fairly certain :re will be the end of the series.

You really shouldn't speedread. I agree that the cast at the start was pretty big, and it gets even bigger, but I got used to it. I used to be like you, but I stopped being dumb and took in every panel.

It's great, and don't worry, it's just that you're an autist with the memory of a golden fish.

>You really shouldn't speedread. I agree that the cast at the start was pretty big, and it gets even bigger, but I got used to it. I used to be like you, but I stopped being dumb and took in every panel.

I haven't speedread a thing.

I didn't ave any problem with TG, and the first part of TG:RE.

But now? Who the fuck are the random CGS members? It looks like they introduce one of them each chapter.

I used to like it, and I kept putting up with Ishida's bullshit, but what finally made me hate it was when Ishida gave Suzuya literal plot armor and refused to kill him off. It made me understand how anti-Kirishimafags felt.

I hope Ishida concludes the story in :re.

>But now? Who the fuck are the random CGS members? It looks like they introduce one of them each chapter.
No at all, you really seem to be autistic.

I'd agree, it it wasn't for the fact that I speedread dozens of other manga and have no problem remembering the characters in them. Maybe it's a combination of Ishidas art style shift and how frequently the characters change in appearance.

>No at all, you really seem to be autistic.
Yes not remembering random dude in a suit #1 and random dude with blonde eyes #2 in a suit also who have no characterization totally means autism.

Is it good? Definitely.
Is it bad? Yes.
No drop in sight.

most of the important ones were recycled from TG.

>Yes not remembering random dude in a suit #1 and random dude with blonde eyes #2 in a suit also who have no characterization totally means autism.
If you don't know all of the characters that appeared in this arc by name, you're a speedreader desu, because 70% are from the .the first TG.

Oh yeas. TG. The manga who finished 2 (?) years ago with a completely different artstyle.

tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_investigators

Seriously, who the fuck are half of these people?

:re really dropped the ball in the current arc for me. I would've prefered it much more if Arima and his motivations were explained to us retrospectively by a third person.

Also not a single "major" ghoul (except maybe Eto, but even that was done by Furuta not the guards) dying in Cochlea after it was hyped as this inpenetrable fortress felt weird.

The Kaneki and Arima fight lost it's tension after Arima cut off his legs and Kaneki going from Black Hair -> Lobster -> White Hair felt was completely unneccessary in my opinion.
One could say that the black hair came from Kaneki pretending to be something he isn't, but I find that questionable as well.

The irregularity in Kaneki's kagune annoyed me as well, leaving out the mouths and eyes only to have them appear somewhat randomly.

The half Kakuja was underwhelming but after all this time even if Ishida delivered a god tier Kaneki Kakuja, chance are people would be disappointed. The expectations are just too high at this point.

Kurona vs. Suzuya squad was meh. Suzuya wearing a toned down Arata makes sense, as he is one of CCGs biggest talents however to me it felt more like fan-favorites are invulnerable as long as the plot doesn't 100% demand them to die.

Tatara was handled like shit, Takizawa's betrayal needed more build up to feel impactful.

We'll see how this Amon, Takizawa and Akira thing will play out, but I'll feel like Amon will just kill Takizawa and we'll move on from that. I really hope Shikorae saves him though.

Marude killing Yoshitoki was a really nice surprise though.

Dedicated TG readers will tell you otherwise, but RE is pretty mediocre right now. Endless fights and forgettable characters.

Ok, you are an official autist.

I only remember the Clowns.

>Why you can't connect this random character design with names with some dudes from a different manga with a different style WHILE trying to remember all the other generic dudes!?

>being braindead

:re went the dickless route by keeping kaneki around after the first manga. it's a completely different battle manga about some retard ghoul jesus superhero, whereas the first was an internal and external horror story. so now it's a slave to pushing forward while dragging along all the now miscast players from the original.

Man, you're retarded. I'm not even the original user, but you should stop projecting. With the shitty rate the chapters come out at and the fact that, yes, many of the investigators are bland and forgettable, you can't reasonably expect people to bother to remember all the names. You don't even know what an autist is because it'd take an autist like you to be obsessed enough to bother to remember all their names.

It's alright. Definitely not as good as the original manga. I enjoyed many of the new characters Ishida introduced but I despise how many of them plus originals were handled in terms of being forgotten or killed off pathetically just because Ishida couldn't bother with them like he did in the original.

Also the story has been lackluster lately, relying on battles more often then not to progress the plot/characters and shitty asspulls/powerups for those who have extreme plot armor.

I like it until they went full retard with the recent arc.

The first series was god tier. No doubt.

Re has been interesting. It was honestly better than the first up till the end of the last arc.

Really, the problem with the rue/cochlea arc we're in now is that it's not going any where anyone wanted it to go. We all expected this arc to be essentially a climax. We all wanted kaneki and arima to be handled differently. We wanted eto handled differently. We wanted a tragic climax with some of the original cast that made a reappearance - or at least the feeling of something being at stake. We wanted tooru and torso to be handled differently. We wanted a lot of it to be not what it is.

And I say it that way because going back and reading through this arc - it is not a climax. It is not an event. Really, it's written and feels like a set up for a whole different arc and situation. Like its purpose isn't to be anything else but a transitional period. And so I'm holding off judgment to see where ishida takes all this.

Virtually everything can be redeemed so far. Even Amons long absence - who knows, we could be approaching 80 some chapters of his backstory. Ishida could do his backstory in a side manga or novel(that's would I would do anyways for the $$$). It's been great until this arc. There's no series without a single bad arc. So I'm withholding judgement for now.

narutards' first seinen

it's garbage

I liked some parts of it like Eto vs Kaneki and the Qs taking on the one Regen fag. Urie is pretty cool too. But the story's a fucking mess

I went back to re-read TG and re-watch the anime and TG > TG:re by far. TG:re just failed somewhere early on. The premise of re was contrived to begin with so that didn't help it.

I'm not even sure why I'm still reading it. The series really doesn't cater to weekly updates, because every chapter feels disjointed as fuck. I can generally remember the prequel's characters, but basically nothing about the new ones.

Anime was really good. Should I read the manga ? Is it really better than the anime

The manga is good and better than the anime in the area it has more material that the anime skipped or rushed through. The anime is more emotional and arguably easier to get attach to due to the performances of seiyuus and the soundtrack that draws you in.

The sequel is iffy.

It seemed it could have an interesting concept and then dived into boss battle crap barely explaining how the world works at all inbetween volumes of "HOW WILL HE BEAT THIS GUY?"

I really like it
Last arc was amazing, but I'm not feeling the current arc so much

It's just tying up loose ends. If you didn't expect that you're kinda blind. How it was handled I can't say. God knows, but I don't think the climax is until after rue.

Niggas just realized that Yamori rekt kanekis boypussi. Im shaking my nigs
SHAKING