Why does everyone hate One Piece on this board?

Why does everyone hate One Piece on this board?
Compared to Naruto and Bleach, it only actually gets better, all the characters are likeable and actually believable, and there are no asspulls or retarded fans.
I think you're all not giving it a chance.
It shouldn't be put on the same level as Naruto and Bleach.

>Why does everyone hate One Piece on this board?
Because it's bad.
>Compared to Naruto and Bleach
Who fucking cares? "It's better than these terrible things" is a shitty argument that something is good.
>I think you're all not giving it a chance.
I read like 500 chapters of it when I was in middle school, fuck off.

Also,
>this board
>tumblr gif
Kill yourself, newfag. You shouldn't have posted before lurking for two years.

One Piece is garbage now fuck off.

It was good, now it's so slow and stretched out shit with no end to be seen. Oda lost his touch already. I mean look at everything after the TS.

Because Sup Forums only likes loli shows, you should have realized by now.

Nobody likes shonenshit here, you can fuck off to wherever you came from.

Are you seriously defending the Big 3? You're just as fucking bad as the OP.

OK look, it's fairly simplistic, can be childish and there are things I would categorize as "asspulls". I acknowledge that as someone who is very familiar with the series.

I think a lot of it is ignorance or an inability to appreciate a series in different contexts. I can definitely understand disliking it but I don't think it's given a fair shake by many.

It's a really incredible journey, even if it's simple. The sheer scale of it, while still keeping itself in line and not going off rails, has to be appreciated. He has a flair for imaginative settings and world building.

It also has one of the most diverse, likeable main casts I've ever seen in a series. They interact well (even if they keep getting separated nowadays) and grow together.

It's sad to see hypocrisy where people will turn off expectations or turn their head to the inherent faults for a series or genre they grew to love while striking down something like One Piece. I myself went into the series already weary of battle shounen and thinking I wouldn't care for it but it changed my mind completely.

w-what?

>being in denial
There is a reason why One Piece got famous enough for you to shitpost about it.

Because of threads like this, learn from SnK and keep your shit in one general.

That's why there are 24/7 shounenshit generals right?

Only newfags and crossboarders are in there.

Just because you have a containment thread doesn't mean you're the majority, retard. HxH is a mediocrity that's jacked off by shounenshitters who tell themselves they're too mature for shounenshit.

>tumblr gif meaning anything

Yes, since 2010, right? Stop pretending it wouldn't be Sup Forumsutists reading that trash.

Now that naruto and bleach ended all the shitposters are having a field day with OP.

>it only actually gets better
>all the characters are likeable
>and actually believable
>there are no asspulls
>or retarded fans.
Naruto is better only because it had the decency to end when the story got stale/fucking stupid and not 600 chapters later
for the sole purpose of milking it

OP, have you not seen the massive faggots on this board? Look what happened when Bleach ended with the main character ending up with the love interest.

99% of the posts on this board are about people wanting to put their dick in something. Hard to talk about that when you're discussing battle shounen. Look at big 3 threads: most people are shitting them up with pairing arguments and claiming waifus. Look at Hunter x Hunter threads: half the people are talking about Killua's or Kurapica's boypussy. Sup Forums only likes moeshit.

Consider the One Piece thread a containment thread - for YOUR own sake.

>had the decency to end when the story got stale/fucking stupid
Shippuden exists. Your argument is invalid.

they are the same trash.
but I extra hate one piece of the shitty art.

Except Naruto got fucking stupid around chapter 300, and there was 400 more to go. One Piece now, dislike how much people complain, is still as good as Naruto in its heyday. Naruto's even better than Bleach, 'cause at least Bleach doesn't try enough to fail so hard.

fujo x fujo

Oh man, I must be drunk, this entire post doesn't make sense. I meant Bleach is better than Naruto.

>gets better
>all characters are likeable and realistic
>no asspulls
>no retarded fans

It is obnoxious
It is over the top
It is not believable
It is predictable in the grand scheme of things.
It is never ending.
It has an art style I dislike heavily.

There is simply nothing to care about, it is not even capable of being a mindless spectacle.

It means nothing to me.

Most people on Sup Forums seen One Piece it need to die with dragon ball overshadowed shit need to end now.

Because most posters on Sup Forums these days are newfags who have been told "Le shounenshit sucks" so they autistically react to anything related to One Piece. I was one of those people until 2013, and then I watched every episode and movie up to that point in 8 months.

saved for copypasta

>and then I watched every episode and movie up to that point in 8 months.
I believed you up until this point.

It has a 24/7 general, dumbass, stop acting like a victim.

It's wrong to lump OP in with Bleach and Naruto just because they're the big 3, but the series has lost it's charm. It's too repetitive and formulaic, predictable series are boring and lack tension. The characters, while funny and likable, have become one note caricatures of themselves and should be much more developed than they are (especially Luffy, the lack of development after Ace's death was a huge wasted chance). Oda doesn't push his limits, he's stuck in his comfort zone with the narrative, the series sorely needs another Marineford to break the monotony.

And personally, I'm so sick of the art. Reading it feels like a chore because it's so busy and crowded, your eyes don't get a break. I guess it's an unreasonable complaint since he can't just change his style but over time I've become less tolerant of it.

One Piece is stagnant.

It may not have derailed its aesops like Nardo or became too absorbed in escalation like Bleach but being boring can be just as bad as jumping the shark.

>it gets better
yes, but only until the timeskip. since then it's only been shit

I, for one, fucking hate how he draws filler and calls it adventure, just get to the damned OP, stop backpedaling on your own shit and stop nerfing faggots just to make the next BBG seem too powerful for your fan anuses.

You are seriously everything wrong with Sup Forums. I can't believe people like you even post here. One Piece is a story of friendship, struggles, love and adventure, and you say it means nothing to you? Your taste is complete shit,

I don't know how else to prove it to you, once I watched probably the first 6 episodes I was hooked. I'm a NEET so it was no problem to spend a few hours every day watching OP, I actually had to force myself to take breaks at the end of each arc so I could reflect on the story and not go through it too fast.

>And personally, I'm so sick of the art. Reading it feels like a chore because it's so busy and crowded, your eyes don't get a break. I guess it's an unreasonable complaint since he can't just change his style but over time I've become less tolerant of it.

It used to be much less crowded. Someone posted a page of the Straw Hats confronting the Franky Family back in Water 7 and I was shocked how clean the panels were.

I had OP ruined for me by the 4kids dub, but years later now that I'm in university it seems like all of my freinds with good taste in anime/manga really like it. Haven't gotten into it myself because the chapter count is daunting when I already have a huge backlog, but I can't help but think its a case of Sup Forums being hopelessly contrarian in a weak attempt at feigning good taste.

Wasn't talking about if you had the time to do it. The anime is really awful. I can't sit through a single episode of it anymore. Toei just doesn't care.

You should switch to the manga.

>You are seriously everything wrong with Sup Forums
>a story of friendship, struggles, love and adventure means nothing to you
KEK
Go back to fucking reddit

It's hard to explain to people so bullheaded they think of it as trash simply because it's categorized as a battle shonen and have an inability to experience something with different perspectives and context. They don't know why it stood out and has endured and will never even give it the time of day to see why when they can just slam the "taste" of undesirables. They can't appreciate particular things for deeply ingrained, misguided beliefs.

There's nothing wrong with personally disliking it with real reason and experience but it's clear many skip that and write it off entirely.

It's the unbridled ignorance of Sup Forums, play a game of extremes where you can categorize everything as "shit" regardless with a smugness and sense of "enlightenment". Selectively embrace aspects others would consider childish and immature with your own logic while deriding aspects of something you dislike for reasons no different.

Huh? Zou is easily one of the best arcs in the entire series and Dressrosa is great despite dragging (it's much better than Alabasta, Skypeia, and Thriller Bark imo). One Piece is still a great series though it's not perfect by any means.

>Go back to fucking reddit

His post was cringe but the fact that you immediately jump to this meme means you need to get back to fucking Sup Forums

I've been using the manga to test my nip reading skills, I have like 12 volumes so far. It's good, but I'm kind of conflicted on whether or not it would have been better to have started with the manga instead of the anime. I honestly didn't have any problem with the anime until probably episode 415 or whenever Impel Down started, 100 episodes for that, Marineford, and a flashback was kind of excessive especially when they started doing that shit where they have a 6 minute recap at the beginning and only 15 minutes of new stuff. I still watch it, just because it's a habit at this point, but I usually just go a few months and then watch all the episodes at once. If I had been watching the anime week to week from the start, I probably would have given up after a month.

Or, you just have shit taste.

Agreed. We prefer mature animes like Re:Zero and Fate Stay Night.

Let's not forget Shingeki no Kyoujin. Only mature anime for us.

And the fact that you immediately jump to this Sup Forums meme means you need to get back to fucking tumbrl

and boku no pico, that shit is the most mature anime of all

Nice try Sup Forumsermin, go home.

I know you're being sarcastic, but what's funny is that One Piece has a lot more mature themes and elements than the good majority of favorites here.

>guy says he hates shounenshit
>I BET HE WATCHES THIS OTHER SHOUNENSHIT
Are you retarded?

Because it's shit

Naruto and certainly Bleach had issues but are still better

cry some more

>One Piece has a lot more mature themes and elements
I fucking hate when m CEO haki can't make taxes dispensary LOL

What do you watch, brother? Open up to me.

Probably because One Piece is a Gateway Anime of the Worst Kind.

I hate how after the timeskip, its just endless giant arcs. Hell, it started before that with that whole run of the Archipelago, leading to Impel Down and Marineford. Shit was just endless stuff, a collection of word spam and dozens of new characters jammed in your face.

Post Time-skip, its literally that but constantly.

I'm not even , nigger, I'm just pointing out that trying to mock someone who dislikes battle shounen by suggesting that they like other battle shounen is retarded.

This.

Whenever I visit this sad board, the catalog is filled with degenerate lolitards, also known as low key, in denial, pedophiles.

Disgusting.

They don't. One Piece was always well liked on Sup Forums. Sure there's been periods where popularity vacillated, but that's to be expected.

Now there's anime hipster wannabes like these cum-guzzling fools who're trying to fit in by being contrarian, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Seriously, just look at these dumb fucks though:
>Kill yourself, newfag. I've obviously only been here since summer 2013
>I believe in Gaia created memes like "the Big 3".
>I'm actually advocating generals. I hope I enjoy my ban.
>I'm actually reveling in my shit taste. Now let's discuss how awesome Aku no Hana looked.

>Whenever I visit this sad board
There's the door faggot >>>

Fuck off faggot, One Piece is shit and you don't belong here, even if the was acceptable here at one point, no fan of the manga originally would ever want to subject themselves to the Sup Forums Big 3 community.

I'm glad I came to Sup Forums in early middle school so now in college I can laugh at all the fucks pretending to be oldfags.

>anyone who doesn't like what I like is dumb and wrong
Stop being so fucking childish, some responses are retarded but there's nothing wrong with specific criticisms like

Sad really.

Still here.

I can't find the door, please show me.

One Piece is really good, and people who don't like it probably have something wrong with them.

We don't hate one piece there is just not much to talk about.

>Anonymous 08/24/16(Wed)

>If I had been watching the anime week to week from the start, I probably would have given up after a month.
This. One Piece is not a show where each episode stands alone, it's much better to watch each arc at once.

>gaia
Nice oldfag cred *brofist*

>Hey remember this guy from 60 chapters ago? He showed up again, such foreshadowing!

The fanbase is annoying. One Piece will never not be the most overhyped manga ever.

yeah it woul be quite more enjoyable to watch if all the recap and obvious play for time would be cut.

>fighting scene with 3 crew members who are at a different place than the rest
>closeup of every single crewmember panting exhausted for like 15 seconds
>pls
shit like this made it unwatchable for me at some point

What do you mean?

watch one pace

>What do you mean?
we're already clean

>One Piece
>no retarded fans

Oh, it got removed, I guess the truth is too much to handle for some people on this board.

something like this I guess
>It is obnoxious
It is over the top
It is not believable
It is predictable in the grand scheme of things.
It is never ending.
It has an art style I dislike heavily.

There is simply nothing to care about, it is not even capable of being a mindless spectacle.

It means nothing to me.

I mean in this generation of new anime like re:zero,gate, etc I guess people are getting to used to non-cartoony types of anime now.

I know hunter X hunter looks awesome but that nostalgic feel is odd desu. Also the length of it

But I can't help but think one piece has a massive amount of chapters or episodes but there still not pursuing it's main goal or it's taking so fucking long.

One Piece is a story of friendship, struggles, love and adventure.

What anime's or manga's have this?

What got removed?

One Piece is extremely coherent, and all the plot points connect together, unlike most shonen anime. Literally everything is interconnected, and it makes the whole experience a lot richer.

would you say that oda is the cervantes of manga?

They very much are pursuing their maingame ever since the end of Zou, when they specifically revealed how exactly to get to Raftel.

The anime had some 5/5 story arcs.
Too bad it's been shit for almost 300 episodes.

I don't know who that is.

he wrote Don Quixote you uncultured swine.

Even the japanese are getting tired of Oda's shit. The manga has lost 400k readers in two volumes.

Because one piece is shit. It has a never ending filler story, bad art, ugly character designs, is childish as fuck, no good power ups, mc is a rubberman and villains are big momma's and queers.

Fucking awful sjw garbage.

Naruto>bleach>one piece

All have their flaws but one piece... No wonder those weird japs like it

>sjw
huh?

>I enjoy Non Non Biyori.jpg

Aku no Hana looked great and elevated the shitty source material.

Sup Forums used to fucking love One Piece back in the day.
The sudden population boom changed that.

>Sup Forums used to fucking love One Piece back in the day.
yup
but i think its more with naruto gone people need a new whipping boy

>Sup Forums used to fucking love One Piece back in the day.
Having a retarded MOD deleting everything that's not
>I love One Piece

Tends to do that.

>all the characters are likeable and actually believable

this is paste, right?

OP is shounen through and through, it's got all the tropes and sterotypes and while that isn't inherently bad given it's target audiencd, the only thing that differentiates it from others is that it's about wizard "pirates" instead of wizard "ninjas" and so on.

Yeah, that's why your threads were filled with gore, right?

This is the board that loves moeshit.

Don't take any opinion you see here seriously, Sup Forums has terrible taste in manga/anime