Watching Gurren Lagann for the third time and his death still makes me want to cry...

Watching Gurren Lagann for the third time and his death still makes me want to cry. Gurren Lagann is such a fucking masterpiece. I love it so much and just want to talk about it.

It's the reason I like anime again.

Gurren Lagann is shit

/thread

Kill yourself you pathetic beast man.

This. Gurren Lagann, not so good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA okay, you people have such shit taste.

Lucky Star not only sold more, but it was also a much more influential anime than Gurren Lagann.

tfw I felt nothing when Kamina died

Holy shit.

What happened to Sup Forums?

I like GL as much as the next guy but the show has some pretty big issues in terms of how it moves the plot along between arcs.

At times the show just stops drops whatever was happening and goes "welp time to focus on this" without really connecting with the viewer to get them there

Yeah gurren lagann is the show that got me back into watching anime, I just loved it so much, what a great ride, not to mention kamina being the ultimate badass bro character.

Kill la Kill is better

Please understand when I say this, that I really, really do like Gurren Lagann.

...Samurai Flamenco did the building-to-absurdity inspirational anime thing way better.

I mean everything I said above, 100% without irony.

I just couldnt get into it personally. Didnt like any of the main cast. Only remember the lizard guy who took note of shit later on. Was pretty boring.

And the message it was trying to send didnt click with me.

lol I don't believe you

sf peaked at like episode 6-8 and was all downhill from there

Why do people like you exist?

That's great to hear.

But not on Sup Forums. Sup Forums is on constant enmity with its own hobby so people like you will only get shit on. So you better express it somewhere else.

I don't see how people can refute this.
Kill la Kill is literally Gurren Lagann, but with cute girls.

no kamina

Rewrite the entire time skip arc and fix the length/effect of simon's depression and the show would have been absurdly better

Need to complete my collection

Remove some of the episodes before Kamina's death like episode 4
Remove timeskip
Make it a 13 episode anime
Now the show is a lot better.

gurren lagann promotes toxic masculinity and is a problematic show. kamina shouldn't have punched simon just for being a feminine male and having emotions

Good, Kamina isn't a cute girl.

I don't understand why people love Kamina so much. The whole point of his character is to tell Simon and everyone to grow balls then die.

why even watch it after episode 8

>episode 4

god that was a shit stain

the timeskip could have been okay IF they didn't just give the viewer the middle finger and kill all momentum the show had going for it. It basically felt like a giant 'fuck you' and didn't add much of anything aside from "well people are older now I guess".

I don't care if you believe me. You're wrong that I don't like it better, and you're wrong that it peaked there. The best line in the show was in episode 14.

>Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes! Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

because hes funny as fuck and inspires the human spirit

I don't understand why more people don't realize this.

Because he inspired the viewers just like he did Simon.

cute girls aren't anything special in anime, its pretty much the standard for any show that isn't kaiji, likeable characters on the other hand...

>Watched ttgl for the first time last month
>get to episode 8
>I have to take a break from the show for about a week before picking it up again
I legit felt like shit after finishing ep 8.
>finish the first 13 episodes, am satisfied with the ending
I haven't watched anything past that, because from what I hear the timeskip is shitty and I don't want to ruin the image of ttgl for myself

The timeskip is shitty. It gets good again. Don't stop where you are. The ending is great.

Just skip to like an episode before they go into space. You miss basically nothing other than Rossiu being a shit head

>Simon did all this good stuff
>well better be a shit head cuz
then
>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
the episode

Its really not bad. My biggest complaint is that the main enemy is extremely bland compared to the spiral king and his generals.

The time skip arc isn't anime breaking but you can tell they washed over it and it's plot for the sake of the finale

Homie what
The antagonist is literally the antithesis of the main theme of the show given form, and a very valid reason for being so

What are you talking about? I told you in 2007 that Lucky Star was superior, nothing's changed.

Don't listen to thsee guys user. All of Gurren Lagann is great. Literally perfect.

I did the same thing, got to episode 8 like 3 times and stopped watching. Finally just decided to continue on from there last week and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Watch the second movie.

>Watching 13 episodes of this shit.

You got rused by Sup Forums.

This

The shitposters who spammed GL left and only the supreme taste fags who knew GL was always shit are left

I really don't get why so many people like GL. I even watched the movies recently after previously only seeing the series and it was just ok.
I had more fun watching GaoGaiGar, not to mention it has better art and characters.

The one thing I can say is TTGL is way better than that Shin-Mazinger not remake, christ I don't get how people can enjoy flashback the anime.

It all went downhill after Kamina died tbqh.

Only newfags praise GL hard.
They havent seen much anime

kill la kill is garbage I'm sorry

Even the girls aren't that great.

"Digibro the enigma."

I'm only four episodes in and read the OP

godamnit

You may be suffering from nostalgia goggles, I watched klk and got hooked right away, watched 'til the end, but dropped GL after first episode.

Why are you all typing like you're 12? Are you incapable of typing coherent sentences?

TTGL has always been shitted on how fucking new are you?

Kill la Kill yourself both of those shows are mediocre at best.

>e-celeb shit
Go fuck yourself

they get booty blasted every time something decent or they used to love gets very popular

just like KLK there were so many threads on here when it was hearing and people weren't usually trashing it

It's a gurren lagann thread, what do you expect?

The second half was pretty weak, but dammit if I didn't choke up watching the last 2 episodes

>I really don't get why so many people like GL

Someone will say the same about any anime you can imagine. Why can't you deal with opinions?

Masculinity was Kamina's means of encouragement and showing of affection and caring for Simon, you dense fuck. I know im falling for bait here, but seriously, kamina was effective in leading team Dai Gurren, and projecting his ideals onto masculinity and using that as a way to motivate everyone, even the girls, was highly efficient and powerful.

>they will talk of Gurren Lagann in 10 years

one year left

Why make that pun without a picture?

Yeah I cried too. Tears of happiness.