Political Compass

Post your best

>tfw would be in chemistry but I hate chemistry
>would consider everything around chemistry

improved

>Marx invented egalitarianism
>top left is Fascism specifically, as if Monarchism doesn't belong in that corner just as much
>libertarian more opposed to totalitarianism than anarchism

please stop

>history
>that far left

I read Law and I'm a lot more right-wing and libertarian desu; in either the Finance or Economics boxes

Electrical Engineering is oddly precise in my case.
Moved to Computer Science or whatever you call a programmer to redpill normies. Working well so far.

top right should have anal

Why are Civil Engineering and Engineering so different. What makes Civil Engineering authoritarian compared to Engineering?
What makes Engineering right leaning of Civil Engineering?
t. Centrist Libertarian who practices Civil Engineering

That's really fucking weird since I'm a polisci student. (only first year though)

IT
It's not that I believe in the redistribution of wealth, it's that I'm a fucking thief.

WEIRD HOW IT'S ACCURATE
at least for us

Good choice I guess CS is bullied because of /sci/ approach. And everybody jumped on a train thinking they are intellectuals. The fact is IT is shittier tier and mechanical engineers like rounding numbers to unacceptable extents.

what major is objectively best tier, in the sense that it will most likely give you the most relative levels of success.

Bit of a newfag into all of this, never one to indulge in politics, What are the difference between them?

This is the best one.

Many Keks in this Thread, have a bump

Libertarians in general are supporters of personal freedoms
Authoritarians want to sacrifice personal freedom and privacy for order and peace
The right side (right libertarians and authoritarians) supports privatization of the economy and the elimination of welfare and other dependencies, calling for more responsibility in people's actions
The left side (left libertarians and authoritarians) want more regulation and fight for 'social justice', they will try to restrict business in the name of equality and will support welfare for a plushier and easier life, that tends to make people lazier however

>tfw a libertarian car mechanic

Lurk more faggot. In short, the vertical axis represents the power and intrusiveness of government, the higher you go, the more repressive the goverment gets. The horizontal axis represents economic views, with the right supporting private property and capitalism while the left supports a more communal economy. Thus you can compare and contrast various political ideologies: authoritarian left would be akin to the USSR (a strong state that regulates people's behaviour but an economy that is supposed to provide everyone with access to resources), authoritarian right would contain various non-communist dictatorships and a large part of today's GOP (an intrusive state that also maintains and protects property rights and capitalism), the libertarian right would be what you'd typically associate with the word "libertarian" (a small or even nonexistent state that doesn't interfere too much with people's lives, but with property rights and markets), while the libertarian left would be total freedom with anarchism being the extreme case (everyone can do whatever they want without violent interference and everyone has access to resources). Of course, that's a gross oversimplification that completely grosses over the relationship between the two axes and various gray areas, but you should get the general idea.

Just to give you a perspective, hitler would be in the top middle of the chart, Mao would be in the far top left, chomsky and such would be in the bottom left, mussolini and Pinochet would go towards the top right, while ayn rand, hoppe and others would go towards the bottom right

Libertarian/ borderline ancap biochemist
Yep.

>it's actually accurate for me
who are you and how did you accomplish this

Why the fuck is dentistry in the middle chart? I'm doing dentistry and am a full blown capitalist and so are other stomatologists because its no charity buisness. Dumb.

Where the fuck does geology fits into all this ?

It depends what You consider successful.
Engineering if you want to work with mostly men and earn a good salary.
Medicine if you want to make ridiculous money and have compassion.
Business/finance if you're a chad.

Damn, I have an econ degree and am a welder, and those sections accurately describe my views, and those of most co-workers I've ever had, respectively.

>3/4 of those advocate for mass murder and the 4th in just consensual sex
The best path is clear

drop out and do law
polsci is a meme no better than history

fuck, where does polisci get you

real shit senpai?
hhhhhhhhhhhh

Bye Goy! | By Goy!

Bi-Goy! | Buy Goy!

Almost all politicians have law degrees.
Political science can be easily learnt through independent study and reasearch whereas at least a law degree holds prestige, a good job and will let you get into politics, which since you take polsci I assume you want to do.

I was planning on getting my juris doctorate after completing my bachelors, is there any benefit to going straight into law other than saving some time and money?

bump

Bump

no, you don't need to do the pre-law degree.

your bachelors can help with your legal specialty, though.

poli-sci isn't uncommon for the policy wonks and bureaucrats that actually run the government.

Alright cool just wanted to know I wasn't fucking up too bad, plan as of now is to finish undergrad, join the military and get them to pay for law grad and then do military law (JAG corps).

Eventually getting into politics after establishing myself completing all of that, what do you think tee bee haych?

>getting into politics
>upper left quadrant of political compass
Don't.

y not :^)

r8

How does this one make sense? I study physics but usually get pretty deep into the green territory when doing these tests.

You're a faggot

r8 my position?

this is a good one

I am top right and do philosophy, and many people in my uni are pretty right wing and conservative

Yeah but you're Slavic. Saying you're conservative is like saying you're cold. It's a given.

Also I really like your song Пливe кaчa пo Tиcинi

kys achmed

Milk toast fedora warrior / 10

Do you even understand the purpose of this thread?

>achmeds
>in physics
the fuck kind of leaf are you smoking?

SPOOK

sorry hans

>r8 my position?
me in 2009

Why is phisics left-wing authoritarian?
I study stronomy, and agree with most of you people

Vanilla Cola > regular Cola

my new favorite

A law degree, economics or general business would probably do you better to get in politics.

>FDR
>economic right
The man was a closeted communist.

nah thats backwards, Natsoc is the relatively easy to achieve stable governing system that the sheep are both agreeable to the terms of and able to participate in. Libertarianism is the 10/10 governing ethics in that it provides both total liberty and total security within the libertarian state, however like the more attractive girl its both harder to achieve because it leans on the virtue, work ethic and intellectual prowess of its citizens. Also, like he more attractive girl its value tend to fade in time due to the lazy, ignorant and degenerate nature of humanity. The generations of people that choose Libertarian society are likely educated, industrious and moral, but that can and does change with time and then the very liberty which is such a boon to a society of strong, wise, creative and noble men becomes a weakness in the society of degenerate hedonism and greed because it has no answer to personal and societal rot. People have a right to choose degeneracy, ignorance and sloth under the premise of liberty. NatSoc is simple to construct and easy to maintain by comparison because it gives the the option of compulsion and incentive/punishments.

>this will never happen
What is that square referencing?

I always find it funniest when the libertarian left is the most attacked, really is one of those things that make you love Sup Forums.