Rate my professor's taste?

Not pictured are other course readings, including Akira, and some Sup Forums stuff like The Killing Joke.

Based on these artists for further study, how would you rate my prof's taste?

tezuka is overrated but still good

araki is good

mizuno is shit

murakami is extremely overrated and is not even a good artist

There's also a brief segment on VNs and vidya, featuring Umineko and Homestuck. Although I'm not as enthusiastic about that last part.

>Umineko and Homestuck

Why is he even telling you a bout this shit user

What class is this? It's not a terrible selection, I suppose.

>kanye west
what

>Homestuck
Ignore everything that involves the trolls and you'll be happier.

Bretty gud

It's a timekill because our Fall semester is a week or two longer

fuck off /MAL/

A class about Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels, mainly analysis based on historical context but some art critique is supposed to be included

Your professor needs to go back to school.

Don't see Monkey Punch, Rumiko Takahashi, Koji Kumeta or Go Nagai.

Tezuka is barely decent on there.

Not your blog, kill yourself. Where the fuck are the mods today?

this cannot be serious

much less a fucking pleb teaching it

do you go to full sail university (tm) (r) ()

>Koji Kumeta
Why the fuck would Kumeta be there? He's not important in the slightest, and most of his humor is based on other anime/manga or Japanese culture.

>A class about Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels
For what reason?

>A class about Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

Tuition is flat rate where I attend, and this is an online class so I'm really only cutting into my 'dicking around on the PC time'

You realize that even though Sup Forums is literal dogshit, we're probably better than PAYING to be """""""taught"""""""" by massive plebs.

t.
an art teacher

You'd be surprised at the kind of electives some US colleges have. I literally had a class about the evolution of Sci-Fi novels in the 20th century. I had some free credits to take, not burning myself with Topological Analysis or whatever

>frogposter
>"""""""taught""""""""
>Sup Forums memes

Fuck this thread.

>Homestuck
First off, Homestuck is a webcomic. Second of all, DROP THE CLASS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

I'm paying for 15 other hours of top-tier STEM education. (tuition is the same after 12 hours) I can drop this class the moment it becomes more trouble than its worth.

But I am a sucker for bullshit GPA boosters

I see him and Sorachi being important, as well as Obata and Oda.

Kubo can be used as an example for compete failure and Kishimoto on how to help milk s franchise for money.

I'm obviously biased; but Kumeta is excellent in written content and actually delivering. He's a very underrated if not one of the better modern mangaka in the industry today.

Kill yourself shitty frogposter.

>But I am a sucker for bullshit GPA boosters

That's a fair point

abort yourself, you are shitposting more than him

You made literally no arguments for his importance, you just said you liked him.

>telling someone to kill themselves for doing something against the rules is shitposting.

Nigga those two are doing the right thing, frogshit doesn't belong on Sup Forums.

Fuck off to /soc/, nigger.

You fuck off, too, /r9k/.

Please don't respond to shitposters. All you do is encourage and reward their behavior.

This entire thread is shitposting. If you're going to make meaningless posts at least have the decency to sage and report.

Sorry sternanon; didn't mean to churn that stick that's jammed deep far up your ass.

My argument is how critical he can be in pointing out things in the slightest and dogging on them. His tone in writing is very enjoyable due to its critical nature as a satire. It was s pretty good post modern work for its time criticizing elements of society and expanding upon it. But I'm sure it can be reduced simply to one guy complaining about his crap life as a struggling and complaining mangaka.

Tezuka and Araki are the only good picks there. I guess Mizuno is the token diversity pick, and murakami is there just so Kanye can be brought up to keep the normies interested.

Class syllabus =/= a professors taste. I'm sure they like what they like. I think they're giving variety when they need to for objective analysis.