Why the hell are the Great planes of America depopulated?

The American population is moving back to the coasts. Who is responsible? Trump?

The coasts just have the biggest populated cities. That's why I'm here. More opportunities than boring buttfuck nowhere.

They're concentrating in the cities of the great Plains, ya tard

People are moving away because there is nothing going on there.
Nothing is going on there because not many people live there.

It's a catch 22

Manufacturing industry is dead, long live Silicon Valley

All the manufacturing jobs died which forced people to move to the expensive coasts to find work. In order to make sure people don't find work they mass import illegal aliens from places like Mexico to work under the table for lower than minimum wage. This causes the former working population to become dependent on welfare which means dependent on the government. Which is exactly what they want.

if you are basing your belief off this gif, you don't know how percentiles work.

literally nothing there brah, I dont think you understand how large the US is. Also its fucking tornado alley.

You should visit some of those small, dying Midwestern towns. Half the people seem to be 100 years old. They aren't BAD places; it's just that there is absolutely nothing to do out there. Big farms require less labor than ever to run, and many workers are seasonal anyway. And the climate in the middle of the US is often terrible - consider that for a state like North Dakota, the record high temperature is 121 °F / 49 °C, and the record low is −60 °F / −51 °C. You face snowstorms in winter and tornadoes in spring and extreme heat in summer.

Less people needed for the agricultural sector to operate.
What took 20 men and a threshing machine a week to do before now only takes one GPS guided Combine Harvester a day.

Good. It belongs to the bison

alex jones talked about this in one of his old documentaries. i think it was endgame. about how through internationalist policies that he tied to things like the climate change, club of rome and agenda 21 type stuff that people were being funneled into the cities for maximum control. been a while since i watched it but it seems legit.

Buttfuck may be dull only if you are not enough intelligent to entertain yourself

Jobs. I make twice on the coast as what I could in Bumfuck Oklahoma. I'd rather live there, but the work situation is better here.

Do tell me. Are you seriously suggesting the blue areas are densily populated?

We don't need that many farmers anymore.

Europe has 10.2 milliom km2, the US has 9.8 million km2.

It's not really a "conspiracy," though. It's a trend all over the world, even in countries too shitty and chaotic to plan out this sort of thing. The countryside is just not as interesting to modern people as urban areas. Technology has actually made this more pronounced. Even Africa is urbanizing. Part of it is that the main rationale for living in the country (food/rural goods production) has collapsed, and people in the countryside often no longer have a direct, productive connection to the land.

You know what's funny is that for as much shit as coasties get on Sup Forums(deservedly for the most part), the fixation liberals have for eating healthy allows small family farmers to maintain their traditional way of life while family farms in the heartland are all but extinct.

1. Employment
2. People have the idea that small town life is "boring", whatever that means. I've lived in the countryside and right now I live in a city, I still don't understand what it is that people lack when living in a small town. Once in a while I'll go to the movies, or go shopping, or visit a museum and I do go clubbing a lot (but that's mostly because I'm still in university). But you can still do most of those things while living in a small town. Just take a day trip to a bigger city once every few weeks.

A lot of that is empty forest in Russia.

The American population will move where there are jobs. Jobs will move where there there are convenient natural resources, and to where people who are transforming those resources live. Over time, multi-purpose population centers can form.
Certain ideal port locations and inland transportation hubs (whether river barges or rail or road intersection) are going to thrive regardless of their actual local natural resources. These can further coast off of infrastructure and tradition after any natural resource reason is long gone.

As agricultural and related work dropped to 1-3% of the population, we observe that the lands are consolidated in massive holdings mostly employing seasonal peons. Soon, it will just be all automated.

In 10 years, the rural population will be roughly 15% of people- 10% peons, 4% people escaping urban/suburban life, and 1% millionaires (measured in land holdings, not income).

So? Just like a lot of Burgerland is empty Alaska and empty Great plains.

Not in America. In small towns like in the middle states, there may not be a club for hundreds of miles.

It's not really the same as Europe. Also you have trains that can take you everywhere, in America, small towns require driving HOURS just to get TO a train.

It's really not the same.

>4% people escaping urban/suburban life
also known as millionaires, or soon to be millionaires before retirement. a million dollars isn't exactly a lot of money these days. seriously though.

>eyepatch

boats are responsible

Living in a small Midwestern american town is my wet dream, i can't stand this city anymore

t. Venetian

>clubs
he probably lives in a college town.

Depopulation is the actual population declining. That gif shows their percentage of the total declining but has absolutely no information on pop totals.

indeed, venice has too many aggrotards. they're civilized, but they calmly fight over a few shekels. sad 2bh

and fuck off we're full

Because, how....It's a big country there's still a lot of open space that's yet to be used, and as others have pointed out most of them in the midwest concentrate around the big city areas. The only downside being, is that we got border hoppers coming in to take what lands left instead of european pure blood like it was in teh days of my great grandfather from austria so rip. :*(

Idk, you may or may not like the population though.

America is changing rapidly though so we may be more like Europe culturally (in a good way) soon. I think with Trump winning, it's like the brainwashing was turned off and people are more social now.

Cause the TSA are driving them away

looks pretty comfy

The great planes? They're often overbooked.

> I think with Trump winning, it's like the brainwashing was turned off and people are more social now.

can confirm, but it's pretty slight still. hopefully it will compound

>rubs hands quickly

Yes, I live in a college town of ~100k people. The only reason I regularly travel to other cities is to go to music shows, or as a tourist. Everything else I need I can find in my own city. And the clubbing thing is something that will stop once I graduate anyway so it's not something I take into account when thinking about my ideal future location.

Even if you live in bumfuck nowhere in the Rockies, can't you just once in a while drive to Boise or Missoula or Cheynne or whatever for a day and get everything you need but can't get in your small town?

They could, they have it easy. Where I live, the only way to get away is by boat or plane. I could hike out of where I live too but fuck that. Luckily my job allows me to live where I do and I have good internet. I see no reason to leave Alaska.

Brown people need to be close to their welfare.

More brown people more city folk

>Basing an area from their record high and low temps

This is why I prefer living in a rural area than some nigger populated city, to escape hedonistic whores like this

Alaska is 1/3rd of the U.S

It's not that they are depopulated so much as foreigners arriving in their millions increasing the population density of cities

And of course no work in these places, used to be everyone was self-employed, now noone is

It's like butter spread to thin.