Just finished this masterpiece, and I can't believe how much I ended up caring for these characters...

Just finished this masterpiece, and I can't believe how much I ended up caring for these characters. Which characters do you care for the most.

pengi :_;

>I love you but i would have ended up killong you anyway, only vecause i am dying i decided not do it.
Just what the fuck was wrong with this girl mind?

is this some elaborate bait?

poster name, thumbnail picture, shit opinion

Maniwani deserved better.

Also, I really cared for Shichika finding peace. I loved how it ended.

The last episode was one of the worst things I have ever seen.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone else with this opinion before. I liked the first 11 episodes because of the interesting dialogue and character developments. The last episode was cancer shounen trash that everyone else loved and it made me sad.

Sure the guns should have dropped him but the boss rush was fine, he already beat the original owners of each sword without breaking them.

>cancer shounen trash
>he fights the enemy so its shounen
I bet this isn't even the most retarded thing you've posted.

It's like you didn't even watch the first 11 episodes. Or did all of the dialogue go over your head and you can't recognize that the 12th hardly fits into the series?

Explain yourself or I will not continue to respond.

Cool

>fighting = shounen
Kill yourself.

t. Togamefag

But the way Shichika just kill everyone with ease it's important for his development as a character, and also sealing his fate as the perfect sword too.
There are also fights in the 11 previous episodes.

I think he didn't kill the little girl with the 10th sword, she was just knocked out comically.

Yeah true, I forgot about her, that was cute.
I guess he didn't killed her because she could not fight to begin with.

What do you think of him going with the blonde princess at the end?

Not everyone, just the ones that wouldn't stay down.
I don't think he killed the 4th(Glass), 8th?(Doll), or 10th(Sheath), but I could be wrong.
His main objective in fighting was destroying the weapons, not the users.

Perfect end.

>There are also fights in the 11 previous episodes.
Yes, and I was fine with those fights. They were short, clever and they all fit with each other. The last episode was a lot more fight heavy and did not fit

It just made me imagine him hard fucking her with a completely indifferent expression.

>Explain yourself or I will not continue to respond.
I bet this isn't even the most retarded thing you've posted.

The only good Katanagatari doujin is pretty much this.

>and did not fit
That's just your opinion, that I understand but not share.
>His main objective in fighting was destroying the weapons, not the users.
You're right, but he didn't hesitate to kill the majority of them either.

>her goal and proving herself felt pointless
Yes, that is the point. It was meant to be a doomed journey.

I hated it because:
1.) Killed off the main character before the show ended, so the previous episodes of Togama trying to achieve her goal and proving herself felt pointless. This was further emphasized by destroying all of the swords.
2.) Shichika doing TWO 360s in terms of his personality. First he turns into a brutal killing machine that just kills everyone in sight, going against everything he stood for before and practically killing all his character development (slowly turning into a human). Then as soon as he sees the princess he turns into a docile dog, even though she is the only person he should have killed considering she ruined everything that was dear to him.

Care to explain why you think the fighting in the last episode did fit? I really liked how much of the battles were 90% thinking and Togame strategy. The last episode was just like, "wahh, he's mad so he ran in and beat everything up."

Hey I just started watching it . 10 minutes in . Should I complete it

Watch up to ep 4. If you still don't like it, drop it.

>achieve her goal and proving herself felt pointless
Yes, that is the point. It was meant to be a doomed journey.

>Shichika doing TWO 360s in terms of his personality
Nope. Also the point. He's a weapon. It's why his family develops and wants him to learn the bladeless sword style. Togame wants him to be more human and she underestimated what the bladeless sword style means.

Katanagatari makes more sense if you're familiar with wuxia. It's sort of like a darker twist on the conventional dynamics. Where couples like Condor Heroes' Guo Jing and Huang Rong are portrayed as being more romantic with the naive and stupid Guo Jing being happy to simple trust in the much cleverer strategist Huang Rong, Shichika and Togame inverts that.

It was meant to be a 'doomed' journey from the start, hence all that talk about that swordsman's future sight thingy.

It was great. Both of their lives were over, everything they had been born to do had been done. As some of the few survivors of the sword plot, they had nothing left other than wandering off. Shichika realized that there was no reason other than the sword plot for all of them to have been enemies. If Togame had given up on her past and revenge, her identity would have never been revealed and she might have lived. Hitei knew all along due to her role as the heir of Shikizaki's will, thus why she changed so much once her role had been fulfilled.

The whole thing just added to the feeling of desolation which is a large part of the catharsis of the last episode.

Given the writing style and episode length, I'd go as far to say that watching 2 or 3 episodes is !ore than enough to know if you'd like it

His character development was actually him developing as a sword.
Once Togame cheerio'd, his development was complete.
A perfect sword does not turn on its owner.

It's only possible to come to these conclusions if you ignored half the story.

>in order to fully develop as the Ultimate Sword you must forget about protecting yourself because swords don't protect themselves

actually clever

why did she keep Emonzaemon's mask

Nanami best girl.

wrong

Those fights were there to reflect his change. He needed Togame to win against the swords in the first place, but in episode 12 he is the perfect sword that no one can wield.
I think they fit because they have a meaning.

I don't remember well, maybe a memento of the events that took place? Sort of like the scar Shichika got that looks like Togame's special eye.

She gave it to him in the first place, and she didn't dislike him. Also, the kanji on it means unconcealed. It was ironic for Emonzaemon because he'd lost his "identity" so there was nothing to be concealed by the mask. Once Hitei takes it up, she's also shed the persona she had cultivated to fulfill her role in the sword plot.

Witness the true best girl

I suppose can see that as a fair reason, although I'm still not a fan of the episode overall. Thanks for sharing and holding a civil discussion

Why does her hair look like a blade?

>dumping a thousand swords around

great strategy

because she's the best

What happened to her neck?

Shikizaki had the same thing on his neck

I suppose it's just a visual clue that she's his descendant

You're welcome, thanks to you too. It's always great to see what people thinks about Katanagatari.

>I've been scheming my whole life you're just a pawn in my game hurr even my feelings were tools

Nisio please
there are subtler ways of making Shichika find solace without her at his side

He didn't find solace, he embraced fully the futility of her life and the inevitability of her demise. Her words failed to reach him because he refused to believe her. She had hoped that he would find solace and give up on the sword plot which is why she used her feelings as pawns to use most of her last words to tell the most hurtful, shameful lie she could. Such was her final scheme, her counter to Emonzaemon's "unbeatable" swords. By refusing to believe her and refusing her orders, he achieved an actual counter as the perfected deviant blade.

Or maybe she wasn't lying.

That was a lie - her eye changed while she said that, and as we all know, her eye changes when she's scheming. She only said that to make it easier for Shichika to forget about her, but he saw through this. That's why he thought about her when he fought Emonzaemon.

She wasn't lying. She would have killed him. The whole point of the series is to show how revenge (i.e. living your life fully for another) is not how one should live their life. She was so intent on revenge, living her life for her father's goals, that she was willing to doom herself and make herself unhappy just to achieve them. When she talks to the wise man, he even states this explicitly, and she just doesn't get it.

And at the end, she's freed from her obligation for living for her father's goals. She's genuinely happy she doesn't need to kill Shichika, because had she lived, she would have needed to.

The final narration completely cements this theme. Paraphrasing, regardless of how long he lived, he actually lived. He wasn't a sword, he didn't fight for someone else. He lived life the way he wanted to, and that alone makes it worth it, no matter for how long, which is something Togame couldn't achieve in her life.