Why can't religious people prove that god exist?

why can't religious people prove that god exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because to be able to prove the existence of an omnipresent, allknowing being you'd have to be omnipresent and allknowing yourself.

Well it is called faith for a reason.

can you prove you exist?

when your an idiot

So what you're saying is, that all the people in the bible who supposedly spoke with God are omnipresent and all-knowing? Moses God 2.0 confirmed by Kraut.

abrahamic religions are sandnigger fairy tales.

true patricians are either deist or apatheist

Would that omnipresence make prove the existence so much easier since the evidence would be all around you and impossible to dismiss?
BTW, you don't need to be a chicken to prove that scrambled eggs are delicious.

part of the definition of god is a metaphysical being that you can't prove exists

therefore god exists

I can think, I can feel, I can see myself, I can talk. I can't prove that I exist, but at least I have reasons to believe so. Can you talk with god? Can you see god? Can you feel god with your hands?
Can you prove that spaghetti monster doesn't exist? No? Then I guess now we should all worship spaghetti monster otherwise we will go to spaghetti hell

To be able to accurately check whether a being is everywhere all the time you'd have to be omnipresent.
To be able to check whether a being truly knows everything you'd have to know everything.

no, but how do I know you also experience the world in first person, as I do?
To me you might just as well be a philosophical zombie, an NPC

What a stupid fucking argument. My eight year old brother is too smart for that shit.

All beliefs in anything that you can't sense or measure is brainlet tier garbage. The truly enlightened do not need a god to have morals or a sense or purpose in life. They do, however, realize that the underclass of the mentally deficients do, and so we perpetuate the myth. Not because we believe in it, but because we need the morons to believe.

Can you prove that god doesn't exist?

Why can't you proove he doesn't?

You want proof of God - look at the 2016 US election results

this isn't even my final form

I once heard of the village atheist arguing with the village idiot.

Assigning that which you control to that which you do not. How quaint. I hope you enjoy serving your globalist overlords while you pray to your god who doesn't answer.

Look religion fags.
It is rational to make a theory of god. But it is not rational to commit to believe in one.
Get that through your fucking heads, and stop being delusional.

>no, but how do I know you also experience the world in first person, as I do?
You can't know that for sure, but there are more reasons to believe that I experience the world in first person, as you do .

this.

So your consciousness proves your existence, also proving God is real at the same time.

Check out Descartes.

because god is very shy
he can only write his message down in cryptic texts of the time and he can only pass his message down through schizophrenic people never in person even though if he did so everyone might fall in line but alas god is shy

They claimed to speak with god. They didnt present a proof that he is indeed god.

>why can't religious people prove that god exist?

Why can't cucks prove that blacks are equal to whites?

The most well known attempt to prove god's existence was probably Descartes.

>In my mind, I have the image of a perfect being.
>For it to be perfect, it needs to exist.
>Therefore, god exists.

It's as simple as that.

You can not prove the God exist the same way you can not prove God does not exist. That is the definition of faith. Arguing over beleieves isn't the most productive form of spending time because each side have to at some point use arguments based on faith itself; ones that you can not prove or disprove in "scientific" manner and usually disregarded by other party.

Literally every aspect of reality is proof of Gods love you faggot fedora.

God, if youre real say something....woah...i just disproved the existence of god. Hey, try to prove God is real. I'll wait

Yes.

In asking this question you concede the truth that there is no proof of god existing, the proof that would make this discussion meaningless. You make the claim that god is an ethereal and unknowable existence that transcends our reality and universe.

Three positions against this claim. A theist believes god is real. An agnostic says we cannot know for certain. An atheist says god does not exist.

Consider now a different theist who makes the claim that he believes in the existence a van with donuts with no holes for wheels beyond the universe. The original theist disproves this claim as preposterous as it's just a made up claim. The agnostic says we cannot know for certain, but concedes that this is a made up claim.

Consider now the infinite amount of claims that one can make that meet the same criteria as god that are trivially easy to disprove. It is also trivially easy to list things that are NOT beyond our universe.

The agnostic's claim is now shown to be incorrect, as it's trivially easy to destroy any claim of that which is by definition unknowable. The agnostic claim towards god is infact a theistic claim, as it seperates god from other claims by ascribing divinity. Both rely on the assumption that god is special because of divinity which is another impossible claim about the unknowable.

Therefore, both the theist and the agnostic are wrong, and the atheist who correctly states that there is no god is correct.

But God does prove He exists..and His name is Jesus Christ

The fact that The Holy Bible is 66 books, penned by over 40 authors, over thousands of years, containing the same intergrated message throughout the entire book is proof that the only true living God is Jesus Christ

A few years ago i would have disagreed.

What you can argue about is the effect of certain believes on other people. Is it something you can call generally speaking positive or negative?
The historical truth is Catholic Church's ethic is one that had the most positive inpact on society.
For example, Catolic Church is the only organisation at given time that had condemed slavery. It is also the only organisation wealthy and moral enough to be an opponent for marxism, that is why attack on Catholic Church is the most popular among indoctrinated people.
One of most important documents proving this fact: Rerum Novarum.

>never in person
>doesn't know about Jesus Christ

Come on user, at least know what you're talking about before taking the one way ticket to hell

Because I love him. That's how I know he exists. Simple. As. That.

>Literally every aspect of reality
name a few

But God actually claimed that He spoke through them..every letter written in the Holy Bible was written under the influence of the Holy Spirit and all is God breathed

God doesnt exist but god is necessary for sustaining a moral compass and holding people responsible for thier actions.

FYI: I've never lost an argument to an atheist

A better question is:
Why can't atheist prove that they exist?

The evidence for God is overwhelming. It is the denier that rejects God, not the skeptic.

Ancient Smartman

Additionally, the reason why jews don't have people disavow their faith in god despite them being abnormally atheistic is because the jews are a team that share in their own successes. The next step for christianity in the west is to remove the god and the bible and become a community rather than a faith like the jews have done or christianity will lose it's support of the people to islam as the intelligent people absolve themselves of religion and the money from christian community goes with it. Being replaced by saudi funded mosques.

We know particles exist by the results of there actions, rather than their visibilty. God made it that way. If we have faith in science and faith in him. Simple. As. That.

Always a pleasure to have a mexican join the debate.

Woah you think God is some sort of pet that will talk to some heathen on command woah nice dude go smoke another one

I bet you he jerks off god with his bare hands

What nonsense.

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

The universe isn't infinite and how small something can be isn't infinite, light speed is not a constant, the 2nd law of thermodynamics

>same integrated message throughout the entire book

>old testament and new testament entirely at odds on many great big beautiful things

Hah.

Don't fucking joke about spaghetti hell you crazed sociopath. Its real, and you'll get covered in lasagna forever if you don't take it seriously.

Therefore he exists. Not for you to see or touch, but for your heart and soul to feel. Simple. As. That.

Agreed man needs God. Therefore God exists

There's plenty of "proof" available, but people don't usually bother to read it, much less understand it.

>onthological argument

checkmate atheists.

They are one book..When do you think the Old Testament ended? At Malachi?

It's all the same message, and it's all about Jesus Christ, from Genesis to Revelation, what are the problems?

Saying things like this isn't going to convince anyone. I suggest giving an example of Christian (especially Catholic) morality in your daily life, and by giving good example you can make other people believe. You can also state facts about Church that can be verified without arguments based on faith itself. If you want to argue on something you can not use arguments based on authority that other party do not adhere to.

It seems to me that it is the fools who reject God. Atheism is logically incoherent.

So what you're saying is that you're not equipped to understand it?

>Prove that they exist
You are definitely a Christian if
this is your fucking logic here in the
real world, when we make a claim, we
are meant to provide evidence, and saying
"The bible says so"
or
"I love him, so he exists"
Are not proof that a god, of any kind, exists

They can, Aristotle did this. Read about Logos and Telos

Religion is personal. In the end its the individual who chooses to believe or not.

Ha. What I'm saying is you are a shallow thinker.

What he is saying is that religion is necessary as a doctrine for people to follow to avoid degeneracy. which I agree with. That doesn't mean that afterlife or god itself are real

Religious people have no real argument.

They tap dance and blur lines and avoid directly answering any questions.

My best advice to someone who wants to see the truth, is to go out and argue as an atheist.

Really look at how different the arguments are from atheists and religious people.

There's no contest from a neutral perspective, atheism wins 100% of the time.

It's actually 73 books, the Protestant 66 book version is a heresy.

Go ahead. Prove that you exist.

My logic and evidence are fine. Prove you exist.

Atheists have no real arguments and deny good arguments for the existence of God.

>W-Well maybe nothing exists anyway

>I can prove that Einstein existed therefore I'm as smart as him.

God wants to destroy mankind!

Tells man that lustful thoughts are sinful. But lustful thoughts are necessary to encourage the male to engage in sexual intercourse, which is necessary for the survival of the species.

Tells man not to murder. But if we don't murder, then we become over-populated to the point where we consume all our natural resources, and then we all die from starvation.

>a book is proof God exists
WEWLAD

Name a single good argument for the existence of God.

Why can't non-religious people prove that god doesn't exist?

Can you prove it?

>There's plenty of "proof" available
If there's plenty of proof available it should be easy for you to give us some right now

Exactly how I know that Batman is real.

Then how is that in the Old Testament the prophecy that 250 years before Cyrus the Great (Cyrus II) took over Babylon it was written and it came to pass?

Clearly a slide thread but I'll drop this off for anyone reading.

Sage goes in all fields.

>
william lane craig

>this is what evolution does to the brain

How? Atheism is not believing in any deity because there is no evidence of the existence of any deity. That is a logically consistent and coherent position.

Since all you can do is attack me, you've only insisted that you have no argument and are blowing hot air.

Because you can't prove a negation

If there is no higher entity why does anything exist? Why does the universe and what came before it exist, why is there something rather than nothing? And if there was nothing, why is there nothing? because nothing in something

I'm just confusing myself but you get the point

So your argument is that if you discredit all evidence and logic, you can't prove something or someone exists?

Yes, I can do a thousand different things to support my existence, and you can do 0 things to support the existence of a God.

So what is your point exactly?

WEW, not every book but the Holy Bible itself, as it was written over thousands of years with the same intergrated message, and it's all about Jesus Christ

Kalam Cosmological Argument
Ontological Argument

There's two. If you want to have a serious discussion about either of those, I'll be happy to oblige.

The real kicker is the historical evidence for Jesus of Nazareth. I'll be happy to discuss it seriously.

Atheism is form of "religion" as an atheist believes that God does not exist. Atheist can not prove it in a way that anyone can verify it similary to how other religions can not prove God's existance in this way. The biggest problem with atheism is that it does not bring anything positive for society's life (correct me if I'm wrong, please)

You cant prove that something doesn't work?

Right cause Batman was written over thousands of years by different authors, that never knew each other

The true redpill is that there is no God, but you're worse off for being an atheist. Propensity towards believing in God(s) was an evolutionary advantage for a reason.

Why have atheist people never read the Bible or theology ?

Also to your pic related- any atheist who has ever debated a Christian has done so by setting up a series of debates over multiple days. Nearly every time, the atheist has quit after the first day of debates.

we're still waiting for a response to this

because that's not the point.

Burden of proof lies with the proposer.

>The true redpill is that there is no God
Do you have any evidence for this or are you just throwing the word "redpill" into your statement so it looks like its the truth?

Because it seems like now everything is "redpilled"

My Spiderman comic Edition 1 was written over 15 days and contains the True Message of Peter Parker. I believe a God can exist, but nothing in that book ever happened and anyone who bases their lifestyle off of the Bible is voluntarily slaving themselves

God doesn't exist. Or if he does, he has left this earth long ago.
However, it doesn't mean it's bad to have faith in him. Religious people don't need to prove anything to anyone, unless they try to shove it down your throat.