Do Vampires just automatically get stronger the older they get?

Do Vampires just automatically get stronger the older they get?

Far I know they get looks younger the older they get.

yes

You saying in general or what?
For the most part anything that's immortal will get indefinitely stronger as it gets older. Think of humans - they get stronger, more intelligent, etc. as they grow up - up to a point, where age hits them and they slowly get weaker instead of stronger. If age isn't an issue then you'd expect them to just keep getting stronger.
Also the trope of older = stronger is in basically every fantasy setting anyway.

Not automatically. But it's logical that more time training and living means more strength and wisdom. A vampire that's been sleeping for a thousand years shouldn't be more powerful when waking.

Depending on the setting being older can make you stronger just by the fact.

This makes sense for Vampires that stop showing physical signs of aging but some other Vampire fiction has it that hey keep aging to the point where they look like a 80 year old humans but still keep getting more stronger.

in most settings the vampire who's been sleeping for a thousands years just keeps getting more powerful just for the fact he's more ancient

Right but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're actually as weak as 80 year old humans, it could well be just that they decide when to stop aging because of what looks cool to them.
At any rate realism isn't a big argument when vampires can often do things that spit at physics and 'earth' science anyway

They're just like semen, the longer you leave it on a surface the crustier and stronger it gets.

Is vampire 'sleep' really the same as normal human sleep though
I mean for all we know he could be just meditating or some shit and building up hypermagic.

What's with all the loli vampires?

And why are they so god-tier?

I'll be honest, what IS with vampires and being lolis? I mean in anime more or less anything has a good chance of being a loli but vampires seem to be very popular.

I wish the West would adopt the idea of powerful 1000 year old loli vamps.

The west can't adopt anything of the sort.
1. "Paedo" will be sung in choruses of anger throughout the west
2. Vampires seem to be old news anyway
3. The west doesn't want cutesy shit, they want angry manly shit - look at what they do to Kirby.

If a vampire survives a long time without getting killed by humans or other vampires that means that vampire is very smart. Stupid vampires always die first.

>look at what they do to Kirby.

I'm afraid to ask. What are they doing to my boy Kirby?a

Go search Kirby Western Angry on google.

Think of it in this way:
Who is a better fighter? The one who trains a couple of years or the one who trains a couple of centuries

>A vampire that's been sleeping for a thousand years shouldn't be more powerful when waking
This

Does becoming a cumbucket every nights count as training?

Its not like this i think

First vampire was Cain who killed Abel. As 1st generation he was insanely powerful. When he created second generation, he combined his blood with humans. So second generation have 50% power of 1st progenitor. And 3rd progenitor have 50% of 2nd progenitor power etc

Thats why Mika is pretty strong and have much potential withiout being full vampire (blue eyes etc) because he was made by a lot stronger vampire. He lacks experience but not power

Dunno how it works in Owari no seraph, but in world of darkness rpg 1-3 progenitors are asleep and rest is afraid of them, because ancient dislike younger vampires and its said that when they wake up, they will wipe earth of any human and vampire being

I've never heard of this generation thing. That's probably specific to some settings, right?
In other settings younger vampires sometimes become stronger than the vampire who turned them.

Still, there's some merit to what OP said in a general sense. If an insanely old being appears in anime and manga it almost always means that it's also insanely powerful.

Gap moe

>Be vampire
>train kung fu for thousands of years
>Can tap dance over insanely powerful cyborgs

Yes its specific but generation things really looks like form vampire masquareade in post-apocalypse setting. And just by looking at 6-7gen progenitors clearing whole squads of humans, Krul Tepes is unkillable by human and maybe by seraph of the end. And there's still 1-4 progenitors above with only seraph (or full manifested demon) to combat them.

Its kinda hard to predict when anime/maga doesnt explain whole thing

There are many different vampire settings. In some they get more powerful with age, in some when the vampire who turned them was a particularly powerful one, in others they get very powerful when they drink a lot of human blood.

I'm just here to remind everyone that vampire lolis are perfect and there are never enough vampire lolis.

Vampires are love

But they aren't life

Well, duh.

that guy sure knows how to draw boner inducing loli faces

Not all Vampires are undead, user.

Something that's immortal and therefore more or less above life and death can't really be considered alive.

I wish to be a vampires's undead servant

Assuming their body grows infinitely then yes.

Shalltear is a shit.
What happened to the OL general anyway, did Yurifag no. 3 finally manage to destroy it

That's not how undeath is defined.
It pretty much means "animated corpse".
And that definition is skewed anyway, because you could easily say that being immortal is the ultimate being alive.

Hope you die soon and fuck that General

Life pretty much implies death though. I mean a lich is technically an undead but oftentimes the mage doesn't need to die and be re-animated so much as cast a ritual to turn himself into one, which would make him technically still alive since he never explicitly died at any point.

So far what I understand from seraph:
>Vampires can only ingest blood and nothing else. They need to drink blood at least once every three days
>A vampire who starves does not die but rather becomes a demon
>Vampires wear enchanted rings or armbands in order to ward off the effects of the sunlight. Ultra-violet rays cause a toxin to be produced in the vampire's body and this device removes it
>They have no body heat or heart beat since their metabolism is stopped
>The rank of progenitor corresponds with the number of progenitors holding that rank. For example, there is one First Progenitor (went missing a couple centuries ago with Asura Tepes), two Second Progenitors( Saito (real name unknown, he was formerly a second progenitor but gave up his seat due to unknown reasons, turned Ferid into vampire, works with Hyakuya sect now) and Urd Geales (resides in Russia)), three Third Progenitors (Krul Tepes (resides in Japan), Lest Karr (resides in Germany) and Nyx Parthe) and so on

Because of the cliché of Vampires being obsessed with eternal youth.

Yeah but eternal youth usually refers to staying in the prime of your life, like not aging over cake period, not staying nine years old. Yes yes 'nine is perfect' but that's not the point because it literally isn't perfect as far as physical maturity and bodily balance is concerned.

They are japanese Vampires.

The west literally came up with loli vampires.

/tg/ pls

>Life pretty much implies death though
Eh, still doesn't mean immortals are undead (again, defined as animated corpses).
Liches' bodies usually die after becoming liches; of course depictions of that might differ, depending on the work - Meguca are technically liches i.e.
However, most versions of liches have dead bodies, like in WC or in DnD.

Vampires are undead it means they arent dead nor alive they just exist forever. Like you could vaporize a vamp and it would just reform back in one piece and laugh at you for thinking it can die.

So Wolverine, gods and Perpetuals are undead?
Look, there is no deeper meaning behind "undead" per se.
Sure, some universe or novel might specifically use a definition like that.
But in general it means something dead that behaves like it's alive in some way, like a walking skeleton, a wizard who's just a dried mummy or a rotting carcass who's after some flesh.

How can poison harm them without metabolism?

No Wolverine loses consiousness his body gets blown the fuck up then only becomes consious when it reforms, a vampire is always consious even if their atoms are across the universe.

Too much smug!
almost

It would make sense that older Vampires are stronger simply because they have more experience, and the fact that they must be doing something right to not have been killed for so long.

Dude, even Superman has a weakness. Vampires have a lot of weakness and they can die.

For you.

wolverine is pretty dead right now

>and the fact that they must be doing something right to not have been killed for so long
This

Why you posted a chair?

Thanks man, now i need to go to... do things.

>the fact that they must be doing something right to not have been killed for so long.
Makes sense, they must've been exceptional or somehow good at fighting to begin with to be alive when all their contemporaries are dead.

That depends on the setting and vampire. Alucard is practically immortal isn't he?

What happened to Krul after this?

She was captured, she's going to be judged. She'll probably appear in next chapter.

She spent three months in Ferid's dungeon. In chapter 48 shota has arrived in Japan (Osaka) to punish her. Probably imprisonment in stone or something like that, for all eternity.

Ahegao mating presses.

Jesus, in some versions he can come back from a single cell.
And most vampires are very destructible. Like Dracula or Nosferatu, just to name two.
>a vampire is always consious even if their atoms are across the universe
No?
You can't ake statements like that about a fictional creature with myriads of interpretations.
If you said that about the Vampires from i.e. "The Vampires who are really fucked if their ashes get blown apart, a novel", then ok.
Discworld Vampires are rather indestructible like that.
But most simply perish and that's it.

>Alucard is practically immortal isn't he?
Yep.
Fucker should stay dead.

>She'll probably appear in next chapter
>Next chapter in a week
>Maybe it will have 80 pages like last time seraph got cover
I just hope kids don't try to kill Ferid. That would be a stupid idea. He won't hurt Yuu and Mika because he needs them for his plans, but he will hurt others or maybe even kill some of them

Depends, but they certainly get lewder.

OP, by any chance, do you have a sad keanu edit from this anime?

I wish.

Why are vampires always presented as powerful? Shouldn't they be feeble and anemic and dread natural light?

Depends on the setting but True Vampires often just flat out say 'haha fuck you' to traditional weaknesses. Sometimes they just act like NEETs for lack of a better word, they'd prefer to not be in the sun but it's not like they can't.

How can they ingest blood without metabolism?
MAGIC

Since they're undead they usually have 100% immunity to poison.
t. /tg/

During Hellsing hunt? The easiest time when he could be killed.
During manga? He got upgraded so hard by magics that it's almost impossible to kill him.
Post manga? Yes, he's immortal. Kinda. It's more of existing beyond the life and death.
Although we don't know if there won't appear another human who can call out the BLOOD and gain some hard counter power with it.

Nice trips.
But from the group it seems that only Mitsuba and Spearguy are going to die. Rest are either suspected to be Seraph experiments/hosts or are important from the demon weapon perspective.

Vampires are for slaying.

>Jesus, in some versions he can come back from a single cell.
But main, 616 version is dead. Ultimate too. You can't let such mysgonic macho midget run around mate. Wolverine is a girl now.

>Wolverine is a girl now.

So what the fuck was the point of this shit

>Why are vampires always presented as powerful?

Vampires are predators that prey on humans, originally from horror stories. Of course they'd be powerful monsters, because otherwise there'd be no reason to be afraid of them. Also magic.

Well, Logan was meanie and prodably Trump supporter, so we decide to replace him with asian teenage girl. How progressive!
How current year!

>asian teenage girl
That doesn't look asian at all what the fuck? They can't even lewd the Asians properly?

That is a demon.

>only 2 claws on each hand
women inferior to men once again

Uhh... Some kind of Alucard final form from RosarioVampire?

Summer vampires

>Vampire sitting in sunlight with open window

Disgusting.

how come we almost never see vampires based on more common blood sucking animals other than vampire bats? vamp bats are actually pretty lame in the way they feed too. just nibble a prick too small to notice and lick the blood that comes out.

why not have a vampire based on fleas/ticks? leeches/ lampreys?. one punch man kinda had a mosquito vampire. which is a start.

>Vampires sticking to old values

I can't believe how many times I fapped to this.
Add another one to that

>Vampires are for slaying.

kill them all dead

No not just from age, Loli vampires get stronger based on how cute they are too.

Overlord already did the lamprey thing.

You slow user.

Yes, but the blood requirements get more finicky too. So fuck that.

They can be. But remember the Jyhad.

>Loli vampires get stronger based on how cute they are too.

I can confirm this.

I really should play Bloodlines some day. Tried once, but 12 hours in I realized I didn't install the patch correctly and got stuck on a gamebreaking bug.

Was Bloodlines the game that had the patch with the bug where all door knobs in the game were replaced by flower pots, leaving you unable to open any doors?

I saw that on Sup Forums years ago when I still browsed that board, my sides were in orbit.

yes, because vampires actually have a lot of mortal weaknesses its harder than you think to survive physically for a 1000 years just due to odds.

Not to mention you have to have the mental fortitude to stay sane and stable with eternal life.

>gets mind-controlled out of nowhere
>fails her missions
>demiurge basically says 'I've been assigned you but I really don't want you here'
>even Entoma goes down swinging, Shalltear is swinging against the wrong person
Nice.