Did Bleach have the worst ending in the history of a long running manga series?

Did Bleach have the worst ending in the history of a long running manga series?

I could sit and list all the massive plot holes that Kubo blatantly left out, or just forgot about but I'm pretty sure most of the fanbase is aware of all of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ACq7tgjHdGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, sorry but naruto had it way worse.

nah, gantz.

no

At least Naruto didn't have nearly the plot holes that Bleach had, how can you not be upset with all the shit that was never answered in Bleach? So much stuff left unanswered or unfinished. Things that Kubo introduced or mentioned and just decided not to expand or explain any of it? I thought Naruto had a decent ending, Bleach was just shit and laziness.

If Mysterious girlfriend X counts (10 years), then that was the absolute worst in recent times.

I second that

Keep crying Rukiashitter

What about urahara, yoruichi, neel, grimjaw, ukitake's bankai, that kido master that was with urahara, aizen's bankai. So much shit left in the air!

Everyone forgetting Hitman Reborn? 400 chapters to only end with the same character the story started with.

Naruto had too much ending, but at least the story got fully told.

Bleach's ending was hamfisted and rushed bullshit.

Ichigo at full power, with Bankai couldn't cut Yhawch because 'Almighty', but turns out his Bankai was just a brittle sheath for his Shikai. Somehow this Shikai is strong enough in spiritual power to cut through someone who was already strong enough to go Toe-to-Toe with Old Man Genocide before obtaining Godhood?

Stay delusional Bleachfag

>but it didn't have as many a holes
at this point you're making the sequitur that the amount of holes unfilled is requiem to the quality of the ending

A-fucking-greed.

not a bleachfag tho

As disappointing as the Gantz ending was, at least it wasn't so utterly ass-pulled like the Bleach one.
But the Gantz one bugs me more for some reason.

I clearly shipped Orihime and Ichigo if you looked at my filename, learn reading comprehension, but first learn to read.

:^)

Yeah, I was a HUGE KHR fan, I'm talking fucking fanboy level and I was very disappointed with the manga just ending where it did. I wanted a future arc with adult Tsuna and seeing them as adults, I mean we did get a future arc but I wanted to actually see adult Tsuna fight and everything else.

What a great rebuttal. Sure showed me. Feel free to stop posting anytime, newfag.

What did people not like about it? I was content with it, it really made the cloning of the MC justifiable at least

NEGIMA

Naruto ended with something that somewhat resembles a plot. Bleach did not

Reborn had the worst.

Nothing happened and all those trials were for nothing.

Maybe he's a Nardo-fag, so that ending bothers him more.
Still, Bleach is the worst I've ever seen, not Gantz, not Congratulation! not Nardo reach it.

Ask me a few years ago, my memory about details became iffy.
But the reveal "Gantz was rich assholes receiving alium signals" was ridiculous, the Giants where underwhelming after all that build-up, the Vampires had no purpose and other things that just bugged me.

It's not just a mere long-runner, we should remember that Bleach was quite a big hit for years, and still topclass for a few more years.
It's a disaster.

Shaman King's wasn't even an ending until that new edition years later that was also rushed as fuck.

Having said that, it was a brilliant plot tweest.

Just the fact that Ichigo did never got to meet Hollow Ichigo (Zangetsu) after his sword was fixed makes it complete shit.

The fact that nothing involving the Soul King was resolved means that Bleach's final two chapters literally shouldn't exist due to the universe being destroyed. That's perhaps one of the worst manga botches ever.

>Liar Game

I still think Reborn is worse

Thank you for not saying it, you're reminding me to read the end.

I'd say Hellsing since it did not have an end.

School Rumble

I feel you bro. I watched the series like 3 times. Now later I'm just sad how wuss Tsuna was and how much potential the series had.

No.

1. The Editors forced the ending to be rushed. It was clear that there was a concise ending to the series, but the editors got in the way

2. Bleach isn't using a gaiden, 2 animated movies and a Boruto monthly series to write up the plot holes. Let's recall that Bleach at least ended and will probably just have a Datalog at best.

3. Naruto easily added in 2 more FINAL villains (Madara and Kaguya) to fuck with the audience.

>Yhwach sees every timeline somehow gets still gets hit by that arrow.
>Bermuda is moving at the speed of light and somehow doesn't turn Tsuna into paste instantly.
>Kaguya isn't capable of moving in non-2D directions.

Who does the worst final battle award go to?

Was it worse then Soul Eater?

Naruto having a shadow boss on top of a even bigger shadow boss was fucking stupid.

Shaman kings ending was infuriating.

>they're gonna waste money on a Bleach live action instead using that cash to give Bleach the brotherhood treatment
mad

That was awful. Both the anime and manga. The manga ending was worse in my opinion.

Okay, this takes the cake.

Shaman King was obviously a "we've been cancelled" ending

Kaguya because she was designed to not only replace the invincible Madara Uchiha, but her weakness might as well have been a huge target on her back saying "HIT ME HERE TO WIN"

Juha Bach was hit with Kyoka Suigetsu, took a fucking Getsuga Tensho point blank in his chest, and BARELY resurrected himself. Juha Bach was hurting pretty badly when the arrow happened. Rushed, but how would you feel if that happened to you?

I don't know about Bermuda so no opinion.

Sidonia's ending was worse.

The ending was pretty bad. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that the series ended poorly. Comprehensive lists are posted about all the flaws. There really isn't much to discuss, except for an analysis of how bad the series ends up being with such a poor conclusion, or ship flaming.
The four elites were supposedly immortals even though they had earlier been one shot. People throw the word "jobbers" around a lot, but this was really a prime example of it. Instead of having a normal fight in which the enemy would die, we had immortal opponents so captains could show off their unseen abilities, but fail so someone else could come in and show THEIR ability. It wasn't satisfying and it lead to nothing and no one cares. Or we could talk about which of the two women "won", even though it might as well have been a coin flip with how little development either got with their end partner in the last five years.

Holy shit, this. Gantz was such a fucking trainwreck.

Why didn't we get more turn back the pendulum chapters?

youtu.be/ACq7tgjHdGA

Ass Class was worse.

It was literally perfect.

>tfw Kubo wasted panels on bringing Grimmjob back even though he did literally nothing

Just a few months ago there were plenty of theories on additional arcs, Urahara's true intentions, what numerous characters not seen for a while would do, Ichigo's bankai appearance and function, etc.

Oh how quickly disappeared and the Ichigo tug-of-war began

>Posts this video

This video is complete and utter crap. Why? Because it's based off a Ranking System that factually DOES NOT REFLECT QUALITY.

The Ranking System of Weekly Shonen Jump is not based off of popularity or sales. It's based off of what the Editor in Chief wants. How do I know this? Because Ecchiro Oda basically spilled the beans about the ranking system back in 2007 during a SBS interview:

Oda's reply was such:

"Jump does not order the manga based on popularity from the week before. It's true that popular series are in front, but the actual order is decided from week to week by the editor-in-chief.

Basically, it may show the postcards do affect ranks, but it's mostly up to the editor himself."

You might as well rip up those post cards you get from WSJ because they mean so little that they don't do anything. The Ranking system is a broken system that basically could mean the death of a manga series if the Editor in Chief doesn't like it. No matter HOW much it sells or it's popularity.

The dude killed Askin Nak Le Vaar in a badass way. He worked alongside Urahara to basically posion Askin since he was a Quincy immune to anything but Hollows.

>ed me. Feel free to stop posting anytime, newfag.
u sure it wasnt because of ichihime?

So much this, and it's characters whose abilities we already more or less knew comprehensively who got new abilities. We could have gotten the missing Bankais out of that, or it could have ended years ago with less bullshit.

>Urahara's true intentions
This sounds like fanfic tier.
>what numerous characters not seen for a while would do
Which of those needed closure as characters?
>Ichigo's bankai appearance and function
Literally nothing, Ichigo is the bland shonen MC self insert with bland powers. Literally bleach.

>The dude killed Askin Nak Le Vaar in a badass way
Grimjaw is only good at backstabbing quincies that were weakened by others.

>Bleach isn't using a gaiden, 2 animated movies and a Boruto monthly series to write up the plot holes.

This is one of the stupidest thing I read. The ending literally explains everything including the origin of ninja and chakra.

He did have a point with the repetition of the arcs and how Ichigo received no personal development whatsoever.

Do you guys think that Bleach will receive a reboot treatment of some kind in the future?

1. Why was Obito collecting all those Sharingan?
2. Where did Orochimaru, Kabuto and Team Taka go and what are they up to now?
3. Why was Kaguya trying to create an army?
4. Why is the Byakugan so important?
5. How are Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura going to deal with the threat about the powerful Space Demons that Kaguya feared?

>He did have a point with the repetition of the arcs and how Ichigo received no personal development whatsoever.

Dude, that manga had 2 war arcs, 2 Substitute Soul Reaper arcs, 1 Rescue mission arc and one Rivalry arc (with a rescue mission B plot). Repetitive means doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Also, if Ichigo had one of those "I'm going to be the greatest Soul Reaper EVAH!" motifs, then it would have just been another Goku deal.

>Do you guys think that Bleach will receive a reboot treatment of some kind in the future?

It's definitely going to get the final arc animated and it will get a Kai treatment much later down the line. They are not going to waste an anime that was really obsessed about for years for being the best of the Big 3 (despite a bunch of continuity errors) and remaster the series.

In fact, people WANT the anime to come back to get that final arc done.

Yes, but Bleach didn't turn the hottest girl fat for no reason.

At least Negima had a "where are they now" panels for the cast, can't say the same for the Bleach characters that were MIA from the last chapter.

The problem is Bleach was written in the same way as Lost. The writer threw in a load of interesting plot points to get us hooked but he'd never actually planned out what the conclusions where to those plot points. He probably threw in some things that he thought he could come back to later and create somekind of twist out of, like the yhawch/zangetsu thing.

Basically Kubo is a hack but the fan base mistook him for a genius. Thats why people are so mad about the ending.

Once I realised kubo was just making shit up as he went along my expectations hit rock bottom.

To be honest, Kubo is an artistic genius (although he certainly wasn't later on in the series), but if you ever thought he wasn't making up shit as you go along, you're kind of an idiot to be honest

Fair enough. It's actually been quite a while since I followed this series, so my own recollection is a bit fuzzy. However, what he meant with Ichigo, is that we didn't know what his future goals in life were. Goku was a warrior alien who wanted to keep getting stronger and stronger. Ichigo is not or should not be Goku.

>To be honest, Kubo is an artistic genius
Jesus Christ Bleach fags are deluded

I mean, by "Genius", I mean he's pretty good and likely would get a lot better with more effort.

He's not exactly bringing in the Renaissance of Manga or anything with his talent.

I honestly don't even remember the ending, just that it stopped making sense around time of the moon battle

It went down hill after future arc though.

Not that guy, but HAVE YOU SEEN HIS ART? Look at 90% of the Final Arc and it's still good drawing. There are bits that are weird and wonky, but it's leagues above the drawing styles of Naruto, One Piece, My Hero Academia, Assassination Classroom, etc.

You know I think it's harder to find a long running manga that actually has a good ending

Lol horikoshi is way better than kubo when it comes to art.

sourceless bullshit

Hes good at drawing faces and clothing but his proportions are fucking awful.

>Naruto
Sure, Kishi's art was ugly as fuck
>One Piece
Maybe the character art but setting and backgrounds blows anything Bleach ever had to offer right out of the water
>BnHA
I much prefer BnHA's character artstyle to the generic bishonen shit we got in Bleach. Kubo has about 3 faces that he just reused. BnHA also fucking destroys Bleach in terms of background and setting art.
>AssClass
Never read it.

Fuck off. All Kubo ever had going for him with a great flair for clothing style.

His character art outside of this was shit.

It's implied that Yhwach remnant powers still being around for 10 years were enough to hold everything together. Then it's further implied that Kazui absorbed it, maybe suggesting that he's a reincarnation of Yhwach.

It's boring. Nearly everyone looks the same and you can't tell where the hell they are most of the time because there are no backgrounds.

Yhwach was stripped of all his powers at this point.

I think Kubo was better at designing characters than Kishimoto or Oda, but everything else about Bleach is worse than Naruto or One Piece

Kenshin and gash bell had decent endings

Nothing will be the clusterfuck Air Gear was

Dude, the proportions look fine for a manga. I've seen far worse come from a big league manga before. Remember how they made a crap ton of One Piece characters look weird?

Also, most black and white manga don't need background. Backgrounds are useful when there needs to be color or if there is a specific location that needs to be show. If you look at many manga before, they suffer from getting too much drawn in the background. Since the manga tends to be black and white, it all blends together and you can't tell what to focus on.

The last arc of Gantz wasn't that bad, lads.

>designing characters

No. Maybe better than Kishi but he has nothing on Oda. All Kubo could do was a generic three different faces and add some different hair to them.

His art looked the most "realistic" in that sense and his eye for style was god tier but thats about it.

I need to stop picking up manga recs from "Manga where the author died" and "Manga with shit endings" threads

>Also, most black and white manga don't need background. Backgrounds are useful when there needs to be color or if there is a specific location that needs to be show. If you look at many manga before, they suffer from getting too much drawn in the background. Since the manga tends to be black and white, it all blends together and you can't tell what to focus on.
This was entirely done because Kubo was lazy as fuck. If Kubo wasn't lazy as fuck then he'd genuinely be a lot better in everything.

>Remember how they made a crap ton of One Piece characters look weird?

That is entirely intentional rather than born out of laziness.

Inoue is like, so beautiful.

I don't read one-piece anymore but that guy was miles ahead than kubo in character design (excluding his shitty females)
Bleach's art is the prettiest but that doesn't mean it's good character design. Shinji in the only character I can think of off the top of my head who was quite unique.

I absolutely loved Rurouni Kenshin but the final enemy seemed kinda out of place, like something straight out of clamp

and it felt like a TREMENDOUS cop out that Kaoru didn't actually die

>Japs
>in charge of doing "good" endings

It happens so fucking rare that I can't recall even 10 titles that ended up good without some mind blowing bullshit or utter frustration at least from one side.

I just think that while Oda's characters are undoubtedly more imaginative and interesting, Kubo's characters were a lot more pleasant to look at.

I just wanted to say that most manga endings suck but I looked into it and most manga I finished with 100+ chapters had a satisfying end at the very least. It's mostly the shorter ones that get a shitty ending, probably because those are often products of some kind of cancellation.

Konjiki no gashbell is easily one of the greatest shonen manga of all time,had it not been for the bland final villain (who was still effective by the bay) I'd call it nearly flawless.

Ichigo fucking regressed as a character he became worst

Liar Game wasn't bad though. At least it didn't try to build up to anything, even if the ending was stupid.

Bleach feels like the worst end to me.
It's as if Kubo said"fuck it! I'll just do the same end as naruto"

>You will never read an O!G will ride ever again
;_;

Strangely enough Naruto's ending felt like more of a clusterfuck but it was still more satisfying

At least naruto wrapped up most major plot points and even left enough room for naruto gt. Kudo just said fuck it, it's over