When you hire a GamerGate retard to run your site and it closes 18 months later

>when you hire a GamerGate retard to run your site and it closes 18 months later.

escapistmagazine.com/news/view/171005-Open-Letter-to-The-Escapist-Community

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/17904-The-Gamers-Image-is-Dead-and-We-Should-Bury-It
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What if their Patreon does something that wouldn't be approved by Escapist Magazine?

>Like

>Yiff
>Hate Speech
>Misinformation
>Flame Bait

Let them burn

>some moderator bitching about layoffs
>"site closed"

What did he mean by this?

This is just sad

They’re not paying any staff except anyone that works on Yahtzee’s vids and they want forum people to volunteer to make content for free.

>Reminding me that I used to post there
>Its all publicly archived so you can't delete any of it
Christ, at least when you're on Sup Forums there's not a cabal of autistic harpies ready to degrade you because of months old arguments they still haven't got over

Zero Punctuation is the only thing keeping their site running.

>yahtzee will still make reviews
Sho who cares.

Haven't watched a ZP vid in years. But even years ago, it was obvious that Yahtzee was the only content holding the escapist together. And that's not a gravy train that was going to run forever.

In short, they're positioning to become the new NeoGAF?

As in shutting down? Yes.

yahtzee propping it up over there. sad

you cant ride the gravy train on biscuit wheels forever.

What the fuck happened? 2 in few days. Someone in open society foundation pulled out the plug?

Yahtzee was the only good thing they did. Scrolling through their other videos it's obvious they were just killing time.

Sites like the escapist are obsolete, they don't offer video "content creators" anything that youtube doesn't and precisely nobody gives a fuck about video game or movie editorials anymore.
Expect a lot of these sorts of sites to go under now that ad blockers have hit critical mass and people with talent realize that they don't need to go through a publisher to make money.

im suprised hes not gone back to youtube. He would rake in the cash from views. Hell even twitch would of paied more then the escapist.

he cant use youtube, every vid would get demonitized due to profanity and the fact that he is not a commie

Yeah, he is sort of fucked over by actually liking free speech and making nigger jokes

Who gives a fuck about video games? TRS's top podcast gets like 100k listens every episode.

He's become incredibly anti-Trump in his videos of late despite decrying feminism's stranglehold on the gaming community most of his career. Sad!

I thought it was the only thing on their site...

how many trannys worked for this site?

Good riddance, fuck videogame blogs.

Not gonna lie, I never knew that there was anything on escapist besides Zero Punctuation until now.

>tfw watched some of his first episodes (2007) wherein he gives bush a few jabs but nothing more

He would've been quite big if he had done youtube

That was kinda the problem. Their other content creators were pretty shit. They had movie Bob for a few years but he sperged out when gamergate happened and faded into obscurity. Same thing with Jim Sterling.

i wonder if rich at somethingawful had actually offered him money if SA would still vaguely be relevant

They don't want to be relevant, they want to be an insular rathole where progressivism can be planned in obscurity

delet this please

Escapist has been shit for the last 5 years or so. New management wont change that.

>But even years ago, it was obvious that Yahtzee was the only content holding the escapist together. And that's not a gravy train that was going to run forever.
Unskippable content was doing its job too, but then they decided to cut its fundings.

Specialty video game content websites have been dead for a few years now, all the figures with any exposure are moving to youtube. It's cheaper and easier to upload, you don't need a trained webmaster, and the clicks are easier to generate when you can just piggyback off the Related Videos column.

I still miss prime GameTrailers, though.

Sup Forums - Video Game Culture

>all paid staff have been relieved of their duties, with the apparent exception of Yahtzee, The Escapist's streaming staff, and Encaen for a few contracted hours a month

I knew Yahtzee was the only thing worth shit on that site, but I didn't realize he was literally the only thing keeping them afloat.

What happened to that comic with that Korra with the rat. i liked those comics.

According to Sup Forums's mods Sup Forums is more for video game site discussion than Sup Forums.

>Make thread about Hollywood shenanigans
>Nobody says "go back to Sup Forums"
>Make thread about video games
>""

Face it, games are part of culture, and culture is part of politics. This is the world we live in, the best you can do is at least try to keep up.

lol

Correction:
Sup Forums is more video game news industry drama related than Sup Forums.

It's a disputable statement, but it's not as terrible as what you said.

But let's be honest. the real thing here is that they didn't want to talk about rape accusation on Sup Forums, but then they used a BS justification instead of stating it as such, so when the escapist news broke out, they tried to seem consistent, but they really look idiot instead.

Answered my own question.

Reminder that Yahtzee couldn't figure out how to dodge in Dark Souls.

It is a calculated destruction of a community where the discussion was exposing Khazar Jews. (Those are the light skinned, banana nosed, dark kinky haired types.)

Just like the Christian churches where the dialogue was not controllable, the Jew sought to destroy faith in religion at all. The Jew must control the narrative in order to hide his power level. The Goyim get restless if they know about the Jewish power level.

And this is why I hate that we can only talk about this matter on Sup Forums

The escapist isn't as nearly as bad as other publications. They fired many of their faggot editors such as movie bob and have a gaming industry forum.

The thing is, Bob is successful with running his show on his own on youtube and Escapist has now fallen.

Fuck Movie Blob, good riddance

No, it really isn't. They openly supported Anita and Zoe, they banned any dissenters, they became a cesspool of sjw trash, and it only got worse when Jim Sterling came in. They were (((literally))) a feminist gaming website. If ZP wasn't smart enough to jjump0 ship he should tank with them. He's a one trick pony, anyway.

see

"successful". He collects a handful of jizz rags.

escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/17904-The-Gamers-Image-is-Dead-and-We-Should-Bury-It

>that all paid staff have been relieved of their duties
>with the apparent exception of Yahtzee
I can just imagine Yahtzee being asked to quit and him just telling them to fuck off and doing jack shit while he whips his animators

>another fucking Sup Forums thread
>hides flag
go fuck yourselve

>They openly supported Anita and Zoe
They didn't. Quite on the contrary, they tried to remain as objective as possible and even fired bob over his tantrum on Gamergate.

Wasn't "Jim" I'm a fat faggot "Sterling" an escapist guy?

Yes, but he jumped ship a long time ago.

it's just a contract. Yahtzee will sue if they don't remain true to the contract and they'd really lose their shirts. Yahtzee is the final tick sucking the last drops, and when the beast falls, he'll go on to sue the owners into bankruptcy.

Shame, I was hoping he'd be out of a job

Take this shit back to Sup Forums or Rebbit please

do they own Zero Punctuation though, or can Yahtzee keep making it after they tank?

Movie bob is and was weird. I didn't mind him before he jumped completely into the SJW fest. It annoyed me when he threw in his boston accent a bit overly thick and I didn't agree with him all the time but he was tolerable.

But as I stressed once he went full retard he lost it and went completely into the cult.

Sup Forums mods are bigger fags than Sup Forums mods. Sup Forums is where it belongd

escapist gave us the comedy goldmine that is "movieblob chapman"

Look back on Jim Sterling's videos, Especially during his departure from Dtoid and through much of his first year (He even says Anita is right), look back on Movie Bob attending one of her speaking engagements and parroting her message, then consider reevaluating what you're saying.

I still don't understand why Yatzhee hasn't left the ship and jumped to patreon already. He is literally their only content creator ans gains nothing from staying with them. Is it just lazyness?

???
their site has content besides yahtzee?

No it doesn't. That's my point.

Why does leftist culture always fail?

Whether it's hollywood or polygon or the emmies or this or neogaf, there's just nothing but assholishness and failure

They both were fired from the Escapist because of that, precisely. You couldn't be more wrong stating they defended zoe.

So the commies got them too.

IIRC yahtzee pretty much owns the whole shebang.

I have this feeling he'll go back to making shitty indie games. It would happen when either the escapist finally closes for good, or his girlfriend dumps him.

How is talking about video game culture not belonging to video game board? It is all related, and they are the ones most effectived, only reason moot cared about gamergate was his girlfriend.
That is like saying we can’t discuss the owner of braitbart on Sup Forums becuase that is not politics.

It wouldnt be the first time this happened, but I doubt the current mods were around at that time 3 or so years ago. Hell, they haven't even checked the rules.

>How is talking about video game culture not belonging to video game board?
see

So apprently, video game-----NEWS SITES------DRAMA (about rape too) is several steps too far from videogames.

I feel like talking about it on /news/ would have been far more fitting, but it's to Sup Forums we were send.

Yahtzee is the only thing keeping the escapist alive, but I can see him using this opportunity to drop ZP, he stoped caring years ago and has been riding the momentum.
Leaving gabe was a poor choice, drown out was great

ZP is his bread and butter, he'll most likely find someone else to sign up with or try his luck with a youtube network partner. There's more than one way to rake in cash.

can someone post white korra

What's the cause of this? Has "gamer culture" changed in a way that simply nobody gives a shit anymore?

Lmao

Yahtzee is a cuck. He's only anti feminist now because during gamergate he sided with the kikes and lost almost half his viewers including me. Hes a legit intersectional feminist who bitches about priviledge.

Kill yourself. Escapist is done, and they deserve it.

Don't know about that, but it was the only reason I ever visited, and then, only until i found his Youtube channel.

What has changed is how gamers get their news now.

individual youtubers have almost completely overrun the field.

This comic is written by a faggot and a cuck, isn't it?

Escapist still put his videos a week early.

I don't fucking care.

Been that way for a while. Leigh Alexander was friends with some people at the Escapist, I believe. Alexander's the one who wrote the first and oft quoted "Gamers are Dead" article at the end of August 2014.

Are Loading Ready Run still on the escapist? They were the only guys I watched on there years ago.

>They both were fired from the Escapist
Bob maybe, Jim, no. And they weren't the only ones. Numerous other staffers were also open supporters of feminist devs and journos, and a number of editors were actively banning members for saying anything outside of their supported narrative (ie: arguing against Anita's talking points or supporting GG exposing corruption in game journalism.)

I take this as a yes. They can both go fuck themselves.

No, they're doing their own thing now, and actually quite successful.

and that 7 day exculsivity was still not enough reason to visit that poxy site.

Isn't he tied by contracts to the site? I assume he would have to pay good money to get rid of the contract before he can go to Patreon without a fear of getting sued.

This is wrong on so many counts. The owner of the escapist openly supported free speech and their forums were one of the few places you could actually post about gamergate, despite how some staffers may have felt. He left a few months ago though, does some type of work for Milo.

I like Zero Punctuation. Shame everyone else had to go but its obvious no one actually enjoys the other content.

Daily reminder that mods are deleting everything about Neogaf on Sup Forums because Hiro wants the refugees to go there to increase the site's traffic.
Don't be surprised if in a couple of months Sup Forums turns into a hugbox and the hivemind tells you to go back to Sup Forums if you say anything slightly controversial.

does this mean no more white korra comics?