How can it be a boy?

That's a boy?

why doesn't he just fuck Lum already.

He does.

>this never happens in the middle of a show anymore

Here's the Sup Forums Urusei Yatsura live stream if anyone is interested:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZE3KsBWTXuMqIYFIbPdzXNH65xiauoexQkiAzyap__8/

is urusei yatsura actually good or is it a meme

It's genuinely good comedy. Whether this type of humor is your cup of tea is another story.

Watch the first 3 episodes and see if you like it.

You are wrong as fuck

Because Game Over and then he's an adult. His model for adult behavior is his parents' marriage.

Which episodes is this from?

The one where the Kindergartner Girl confesses to Ten. I think it's episode 59.

One of the 4 times that happens in the entire series.

Are you new or something, OP?

Is there a link to the first BD batch anywhere else? The one I'm seeing on Nyaa keeps redirecting me to some clickbaity game shit.

thanks.
aren't the BDs awful?

The fuck? Followed the Nyaa link from their Twitter and it worked fine, but the normal download link from searching it out on Nyaa just led to advertisements.

The first few episodes are alright then it dips into mediocrity for a while with a few good episodes in between

I don't even know if I want to pick it back up or leave it for way later

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=466519

The BDs for the show are great.

The movie BDs are what you're thinking of. Quality is fine, but the fuckwits in charge decided to crop them to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Let's discuss episode 78.

After we discuss Rumic World.

youtube.com/watch?v=HMZx5Q286mo

That was such a nice down to earth episode.

>Lum says hi
>subtitles say hello

Huh?

it has rumic humor which is really hit or miss but it's also comfy as hell and has really entertaining MCs

The episode 78 about stealing takeout in Edo or the 78 where Ataru's mom has her own private Beautiful Dreamer?

Is Takahashi-sensei a real OG?

This was the first tsundere ever.

This is the first tsundere ever.

Urusei Yatsura is the first anti-harem ever made, and it came before the first harem.

Not anime.

Shame she's just a one-shot character.

What are you talking about? She's recurring.

She's not a frequently recurring character, then. I've watched probably 2/3 of the series and I only remember the initial episode with her in it.

>daiconiii.webm

Oh fuck I gotta start watching this.

What the fuck she's so fucking fat
I never thought she would be

I literally don't even remember this at any point in the show.

It's this episode.

She used to be the slender, nerdy type.

How th f is he closing his eyes

God that was such a good movie.

Speaking of UY, how come the old DVD release of Beautiful Dreamer is more expensive than the BD?

Because the retards in charge of the BD decided to crop it to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio.

The original 4:3 is now becoming increasingly rare, especially in good quality.

The DVD is also long out of print, which inflates the price further.

What I bought was the Region 2 DVD years before they had a Bluray release. I don't know where I placed it offhand so I don't know how the aspect ratio is. At least I know it doesn't have the reel change markers left in.

I believe the R2 DVD is 16:9.

The BBC dub is GOAT.

Why is there a nice 960x720 version of the first movie on Nyaa but not Beautiful Dreamer? The only 4:3 available is this shit quality version:

bakabt.me/torrent/149045/urusei-yatsura-movies-lre

>Hard to tell, base, there's an enormous jellybean over my eyes.

Why was this allowed?

youtube.com/watch?v=yD76vWIBHNQ

Did Takahashi ever manage to write another character that was as big of an unrepentant piece of shit as Ataru?

Beta male detected.

Ataru is as based as they come.

Can you handle dat booty?

I'm not claiming it's a bad thing, user. Ataru being a selfish cunt is always entertaining.

is this true?

youtube.com/watch?v=xlGYJtude3U

spoken like a true virgin

youtube.com/watch?v=bMTzFjJlkEE
youtube.com/watch?v=N40uvPLK_1o
youtube.com/watch?v=8-Js1qCUKN4
youtube.com/watch?v=qFEhzfK1fGw

How can one anime have so many great songs?

has

youtube.com/watch?v=sbeauKjmrRM

kys

Does anyone know the best way to watch Beautiful Dreamer in its original 4:3 resolution?

Are the 16:9 versions considered better now?

My opinion, from what I know, is that the best way to watch it on 4:3 is probably the 1998 US DVD, or the japanese LD release.

And yes, I would assume the 16:9 versions are considered better because they are remastered and BD is in HD, but they're cropped because the original film was 4:3.

I think if you have a CRT TV or monitor, it's best to watch the old version since it's the most faithful to the original, but if you only have an HD TV/monitor, just go with the BD.

But what I remember about the old Beautiful Dreamer DVD was how they kept in those reel change markers, so four or five times during the movie, you'd see a black circle in the upper corner of the screen and then the picture would shift slightly for the next scene. I don't know if that was the 1998 DVD or an earlier one, but that they made it from a theatrical copy and not a master print always bothered me at the time.

What if the choice was between the high quality BD and pic related? What would you choose personally?

Also, one of the comments on the Bakabt LRE release said:

>For those wondering, all 5 movies are really intended to be viewed widescreen. I've watched them all 16x9 and they're definitely meant to be viewed widescreen. These version are what are considered "open-matte", meaning they are produced fullscreen, but the action is situated so that it is meant to be viewed with the tops and bottoms are cropped to an 1.66:1 aspect ratio, as it was for the movie theaters they premiered in. The fullscreen presentations here are perfectly acceptable but using the "zoom" function to view them widescreen on a WS monitor/TV provides a more fim-like experience. Also, the AnimEigo subtitles are high enough that they won't be cropped by zooming

>For those interested in "Beautiful Dreamer," I strongly suggest seeking out the version subbed by [Live-eviL]. It's widescreen, yes, but the video quality is vastly superior to the version presented in this torrent, which is overall blurrier and has some serious contrast and color saturation problems. Franky, the [LRE] file looks like it was sourced from a PAL VHS-era video print.

Does he have a point?

I disagree.
Give me a few minutes to look for good screenshots.

Yes, the 1998 DVD has those.
I don't mind them, my main problem with it is that they replaced the original credit rolls with a black screen credit roll. "Ai wa boomerang" is still played (and has english subs of the lyrics), but instead of the last plane of Tomobiki High that lasts for the entire song, you get just a regular staff roll in black screen, sucks.
I believe they fixed that on the later DVD release (the re-issue from 2004 or so). But I haven't watched that one so I don't know about other details such as the ratio.

US ending
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji_LidbLgr0
original ending
youtube.com/watch?v=fSliGO9sNK0

BD, obviously. But again, if I want to watch it on the original resolution, my choice would be the old DVD version and a CRT screen.

No idea about these rips he's talking about, but he might have a point in that the movies are meant to be watched in widescreen since they were theatrical releases. However, at least the first 2 movies were produced on 4:3 and that's how they were first released in home video (VHS, LD, DVD).
Again, I'd say overall the best option today would be to just watch the BD which has the best quality, even if the screen is cropped. If you never watched the movie before, I think this is the best way to watch it.
If you're a hardcore nerd who wants to watch it at the original 4:3 ratio, then the DVD with a CRT screen is the best option. Don't bother watching the DVD on an HD screen because it will look blurry, it has to be a CRT.

>However, at least the first 2 movies were produced on 4:3 and that's how they were first released in home video (VHS, LD, DVD)
Where does this one fit in?

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=758043

It actually looks quite crisp. Why does Only You have a good 4:3 HD release but not Beautiful Dreamer?

You know what.
Only idiots don't change their minds.
After comparing the two, I realize the difference is not THAT big.
I would still watch the 4:3 one if It had BD quality, but for now the 16:9 ratio is actually ok.

You lose some details since there is a zoom to fit the scene in 16:9.
It's kinda annoying if you've already watched it in 4:3.

When compared, it seems like nitpicking.

I can't help but think it can slightly change the feeling of some scenes.

I'm actually curious about the BD for the other movies.
I'm afraid I'm too used to the 4/3 version though.

This is a big difference.

How many times did Lum and Ataru kiss?