Who could turn that down?

Who could turn that down?

oh shit nigga what are you doing

Please stop.

Asuna fans?

You're streaming and watching SAO. As AVGN would say, that's like puking on a pile of shit.

Oh, the cultured opinions of AVGN, eh? What's wrong with streaming?

You really need to lurk here for a while before posting.

Difficult question, huh?

>147
Just got here, huh? Have a great time, you'll find your way one day. This what a SAO screenshot should look like, by the way.

You don't like that I don't rename files either?

b8 thread aside, can someone actually explain to me why streaming is so bad?
I've got fast internet, HQ streams, and no hard drive space, so why should I have to wait 20 minutes for a torrent?

>that quality

Atleast watch the bds

Not me.
Does it contain lactose free meals?
And am I getting the meds I need?

so you too can be the proud owner of 200 shows you'll never watch again

>20 minutes for a torrent?
lol?

why, I'm only paying half attention anyway.

How long is the torrent? If it's longer than 5 seconds, streaming is faster.

Is that the argument?

>reddit
Sup Forums
Threw all the bait into the water too soon. Also, dragging a window to the right or left of your screen until the mouse stops will make it take up exactly half the screen.

You can start a torrent and open the file to watch it immediately, if you have a modern client that allows you to download files sequentially.

There is no streaming site that can compete with the speed, quality, or selection of torrents. Streaming is inferior in every way.

>only paying half attention while watching anime
wew

It's sword art online, alright, I'd be wasting my time if I had that full screen.

Isn't that literally just the same thing as streaming, but in a local program instead of a browser?

then don't watch it idiot

That's just streaming. You literally just described streaming.

>There is no streaming site that can compete with the speed, quality, or selection of torrents. Streaming is inferior in every way.

>Isn't that literally just the same thing as streaming, but in a local program instead of a browser?

lol?

Yes, you can stream using torrents, only the quality is many times better.

I like to watch shows when I browse Sup Forums. And it's not that bad. I just don't need to pay 100% of my attention to it.

No, as it is using a proper program that can improve the image with post processing and scaling and isn't playing a compressed-ass file. Web players are awful quality wise in comparison.

Please explain the difference of streaming in my browser vs streaming through a torrent client.

That does look better, but usually I have Sup Forums less than half of the screen.

For actual HQ, rather than what you think HQ is?

Your browser cannot render the file properly.
Your browser creates a temporary file that takes up space on your hard drive.
Your browser cannot download shows with RSS feeds.
Streaming sites get subs later than torrents, because the subbers post to torrent sites first.

just download bd's for the better quality, watch it while having another shows bd downloading in the background and repeat

You won't have to keep waiting your "20 minutes"

I have the same episode of an anime open in both a torrent and a streaming site right now and they literally look identical.
They're is no quality or syncing difference when playing either of them.

You should have named your picture 'Image.png'.

Why don't I just not do that, and play the animes they have on netflix, who do all the work for me?

Although I had to go to animeland to watch kill la kill because Netflix only has the sub.

I use untitled as sort of my transient file. I'm overwriting my untitled.png constantly.

Don't let this bait derail please, I want someone to actual convince me why torrents are better.

anyone can with the volume slider on the left

People with only 1 screen should not be allowed to post on Sup Forums.

>netflix
>stream
>dubs
Guess this is a bait thread, didn't think people actually do that

>Streaming sites get subs later than torrents, because the subbers post to torrent sites first.
Everything you said is true, but you have that slightly wrong if you include Crunchy rips (Horriblesubs) . Not that it really matters since they are usually out within 30 min.

Means you haven't set up your player right as with things like madVR you can reduce banding. I bet you are also using VLC and the non-BD rips.

AVGN is an old miserable husk of a man now

I think I know why you guys never explain your reasoning for your opinions. It's cause when you do, it turns out to be just as trite as people suspect, but when you just act like an elitist constantly, there's a bit of ambiguity there.

THIS IS SOME NEXT LEVEL TABOO

why. I could use my tv for netflix, obvs, but enh, I like this setup better.

It's quality control. Streaming sites use their own encodes that are usually use set constant bitrate, disallowing proper allocation of space thorough the file, which is especially cricial in fast-paced cartoons with CG and a lot of keyframes, creating lot of artifacts and banding.

The streaming player is also uncapable of advanced typesetting, resulting in awfully looking texts slapped over the video as showcased by crunchyroll on daily basis. The easy solution to that is to hardencode typestting into the videostream, but that's a terrible solution as well.

The streaming sites also don't really allow any advanced configuration for your viewing pleasure, with standard video players you can usually easily resize the screen, use multiple shortcuts, change your filters/streams easily for screenshots, which is always preferable over static streaming with little to no option given to you.

I personally wouldn't really stream anime, however I do admit that there are probably some worse and some better streaming sites, though the ones I've seen/tried to check were absolute garbage that for some reason also insist on adding their own watermark unto the videostream, which I adbolutely despise.

I wished he'd just sit there as himself and give honest reviews on movies, he's so much better this way. AVGN was great but its ship has sailed.

Thank you for being the first person to actual explain it instead of just basically saying "Cause it's better lol"

Why would you watch dubs?
The VAs are shit, and it doesn't sound good. Maybe you just can't read which is why you choose not to watch it subbed.

You'd probably know if you've lurked long enough, it's not like these topics aren't discussed at all, but it's such a frequent issue that almost no one botheres with explaining it anymore, especially since plenty of these posters are just trying to ruse others.

Also I'm quite certain there are more reasons as to why streaming is usually refered to as an inferior experience, however, I still wrote what I could think of at the moment.

Well, for most shows I have the fifty/fifty split, but for Kill La Kill say, I watched that fullscreen, but I still used the Dub because I didn't want to try watch the fights and read things at the same time.

I tried watching the sub afterwards, and honestly the voices were just garbage so I stopped. There's no way to test if you gain a preference for whatever voice you associate with it first though.

I want someone to convince why I shouldn't be watching my shit in the best quality. I used to use streams, we all did. We all had that stage where we didn't know any better.

You all brought it on yourself, really. Got all triggered when I just posted a silly thread about cute kittycats.

But anyway, I think you should stick with not explaining your reasoning, because it's horrible.

>stay silent and people might think you're an idiot, open your mouth and remove all doubt.

>Sup Forums
Did CNN send you to Sup Forums and you came here instead or are you the fag that has been shitposting the last couple of days with newfaggotry threads?

Either way, keep the bait to a minimum, leaf.

The bait is so obvious yet anons keep biting

9/10 just because you actually went to the effort to stream SAO and take a screenshot of it

Couldn't have been me the last few days, I was banned for posting pictures of real girls.

>I downloaded a bunch of NGE images yesterday and now I'm the anime king
If you want better quality and faster subs, then you use torrents. If you somehow don't want that, then you stick to streams. It's as simple as that, if you don't want a better experience then you don't have to have it.

Why would I be percieved as an idiot from my posts?

I was trying to politely answer the question asked by other user by trying to provide actually informative opinion piece that should bring clarity to the problem at hand.

I might have to admit that I was trying to answer someone who actually wasn't interested in the answer at all, however, even that naïveté wouldn't render me an idiot.

Also, I am not certain what are you trying to imply by using the term "triggered", I am really lost in the implications when this gets brought up.

Because what you said was pretty idiotic, honestly. Like one of those people in Sup Forums who yammers about millimetres.

You can explain something nicely and still have it be idiotic. I'm sure there are nice anti-vaxxers.

As for triggered, just look at how upset everyone is over a netflix capture.

>what you said was pretty idiotic

Fair enough, you are welcome to refute anything I wrote.

>HorribleSubs
Don't give the newfriend bad ideas.

Nobodies upset, you haven't "le trolled" anyone here. Even though it's not our job to guide people, in fact it's looked down on, people here like to shout at idiots for not living their lives correctly.

>bothering with fansubs
>in 2016

Shit man what are you doing
The anime takes Fairy Dance, throws it into a meat grinder, pisses on it, and mixes it all with raw sewage. Don't subject yourself to that shit. On top of that, you're streaming that garbage from Netflix. What the hell were you thinking?
If you're going to SAO, read the fucking LN.

>we like to shout
>you didn't get to us

You think I can't resize netflix windows, for one. I mean, should I waste my time talking to someone so inept?

Well, it's almost over. But I'll probably watch II

No, I don't use Netflix. Also I was talking about streming sites in general, some don't allow you to resize streams properly, thus they're shunned upon.

You were the one asking for reasons to begin with, then you're just above answering when someone actually tries to reply.

You seem to be grasping at straws at best.

I'm being over dramatic for emphasis. Some people here feel the need to guide newfags, that's it.

No.
Nonononono.
Don't do that.
Phantom Bullet was bad enough as an arc, watching the anime instead of reading the LN is just bad news.
Really you should just not watch II or read Phantom Bullet and read Squad Jam instead. You like Kino's Journey? It's by the same writer. He's also the resident gun nut who did all the gun stuff for the SAO II anime, and at least that was done well, but overall all of the adaptations have been overwhelmingly low energy.

Yeah, I'll know next time not to bother asking. I'm sorry I didn't mollycoddle your stupid opinions.

You actually did, since you provided no refutation to begin with. Your only point was that "my opinion is stupid" and that "netflix can actually resize windows", nothing about subs, nothing about encoding, literally a non-comment, so let me do what you've done as well. You're stupid for streaming and your opinion is stupid.

you just made this, didn't you?